PDA

View Full Version : Big SV Weekend at Buttonwillow!!!

Richard EVO
09-12-2006, 07:36 AM
The crowning event of the SpeedVentures season is the traditional 3-day weekend at Buttonwillow, this year Fri. Sept. 29; Sat. Sept. 30; and Sun. Oct. 1.Â* The configuration/direction is 13-CW Fri.; 25a-CCW Sat. (my favorite!); and 13a-CW Sun.

Mike at RRE says my car will be ready in plenty of time, so I am all signed up for Sat. and Sun. and if I can get the day off work, I'll probably be there Fri. too.Â* So far, Jason and one other EVO are signed up too.Â* Got to www.speedventures.com to register. Hope to see you out there!!!Â* :coolsmiley:

speedform
09-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Richard, what happened to your car this time?

Richard EVO
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Richard, what happened to your car this time?

Needed new intake valves and gearbox rebuild.

trinydex
09-13-2006, 01:19 AM
there's never been one time i went to rre for anything and that car wasn't there.

Senshi
09-13-2006, 02:01 AM
i'm really going to try to make this event but ill prob just run one day. richard which config do you recomend since ive never done buttonwillow before.

Richard EVO
09-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Senshi -

Go on Saturday.Â* They're running # 25a CCW - my favorite. CCW is more fun IMHO, and you get the Star Mazda turn and the full back straight. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/BW-race_25A_config.gif

Richard EVO
09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
there's never been one time i went to rre for anything and that car wasn't there.

And yet I manage to run a lot of track days.

Eclipse
09-13-2006, 10:34 PM
#13 CCW is my favorite and CW is great too. Not so hot on the "A" version of the off ramp turn. The Bus Stop rocks and really shows off an Evos strengths. The Dog Leg is for high speeds and hard braking.

speedform
09-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah, with ya on the bus stop. I'm always trying to push it 'just a little more' through that section.

Richard EVO
09-15-2006, 05:37 PM
6 EVOs signed up as of Sept. 15. Event is getting crowded. Looks like Sat. for sure and probably Sun. will sell out. Sign up soon if you want to go. www.speedventures.com

denon728
09-16-2006, 04:06 PM
6 EVOs signed up as of Sept. 15. Event is getting crowded. Looks like Sat. for sure and probably Sun. will sell out. Sign up soon if you want to go. www.speedventures.com

I'm signed up for Sat, but Sun is sold out already. I'm on the waiting list.

Barfly
09-16-2006, 07:51 PM
That sucks man. I hope you can squeeze in Sun. I'm thinking about running Friday as well.

Anybody running Friday?

Barfly
09-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Alternatively, is anyone going to run SOW on Friday and then go up to Buttonwillow?

Richard EVO
09-17-2006, 03:09 PM
I have to figure out if I can sneak out of work on Friday. If I can, it probably makes more sense to go to Buttonwillow than Streets, since the drive between them is about 2 hours. What I might do instead of Friday is go Monday to Streets (CW on Mon.; CCW on Fri. with leadfootadventures).

Come think of it, I can't go Monday because I'm probably leaving my car off on Sun. at 7s Only race shop at Buttonwillow to have my cage built.

CAN ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO THE SV BUTTONWILLOW EVENT ON SUN. OCT. 1 GIVE ME A RIDE BACK TO THE LOS ANGELES AREA SUNDAY NIGHT? Thank you in advance.

Barfly
09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
If my fiancee doesn't come along, I should be able to. I will let you know within the next week.

How long will it take for the cage and how much will it run you? Have you seen their work?

speedform
09-18-2006, 03:24 PM
I have to figure out if I can sneak out of work on Friday. If I can, it probably makes more sense to go to Buttonwillow than Streets, since the drive between them is about 2 hours. What I might do instead of Friday is go Monday to Streets (CW on Mon.; CCW on Fri. with leadfootadventures).

Come think of it, I can't go Monday because I'm probably leaving my car off on Sun. at 7s Only race shop at Buttonwillow to have my cage built.

CAN ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO THE SV BUTTONWILLOW EVENT ON SUN. OCT. 1 GIVE ME A RIDE BACK TO THE LOS ANGELES AREA SUNDAY NIGHT? Thank you in advance.

Richard,

What are they charging you for the cage?

Richard EVO
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
If my fiancee doesn't come along, I should be able to. I will let you know within the next week.

How long will it take for the cage and how much will it run you? Have you seen their work?

Thanks. I might have another ride, let's wait and see.

I don't know the exact cost of the cage yet, because we have to discuss in detail what I want done, and Tom (7s Only owner) is out of town.Â* They can't start on it until mid-Oct., and I think it will take 2 weeks.Â* I've seen their work, and everyone I talk to respects them.Â* The general discussion of price sounded reasonable, but I really can't say until I get that nailed down.

Richard EVO
09-18-2006, 04:07 PM
dreaded double post again. :buck2:

Evo8supercar
09-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Richard. I heard some bad things about them. like charging outrageous fees and holding your car there for months.

Richard EVO
09-19-2006, 05:54 PM
I'd want to know more about that.Â* Can you give me specifics? Everything else I have heard is that they do nice work, and the prices I was discussing with one of the cage builders sounded reasonable, although I haven't talked price with Tom yet.

Plus, Tom has saved my ass several times when something went wrong at Buttonwillow. One time he personally drilled out the most recalcitrant broken wheel stud in the history of EVOdom. It was a big job and he didn't overcharge me for it. His guys have gotten my car running when cooling hoses broke (without having the exact part), etc. They have always been willing to help me, and I am grateful they are there.

QuickShifter
09-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I have never attended a track day and would like to know if this event is suitable for first timers. Mods are turbo-back (catless) s-afc, and mbc, and RA-1s........

Richard EVO
09-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes as long as you take the newbie class, which is an extra $30 and is well worth it. The event is pretty full now, I'm not sure you can even get in unless you want to run Friday (but go ahead and try, maybe there is still space in the beginner group).

If this is full, I recommend either the SpeedVentures event at Calif. Speedway infield roadcourse Nov. 4 & 5, or the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic on Dec. 16. For a complete list of HPDE events (most of which have instruction for newbies) see my Sticky thread of All HPDE Events for Remainder of 2006 on this forum.

Hope you come out soon. You will have a blast. The only safety equipment you need is a helmet. The Dec. 16 Clinic rents them for $10 if you don't have one (SpeedVentures does not rent helmets).

QuickShifter
09-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes as long as you take the newbie class, which is an extra $30 and is well worth it. The event is pretty full now, I'm not sure you can even get in unless you want to run Friday (but go ahead and try, maybe there is still space in the beginner group).

If this is full, I recommend either the SpeedVentures event at Calif. Speedway infield roadcourse Nov. 4 & 5, or the Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic on Dec. 16. For a complete list of HPDE events (most of which have instruction for newbies) see my Sticky thread of All HPDE Events for Remainder of 2006 on this forum.

Hope you come out soon. You will have a blast. The only safety equipment you need is a helmet. The Dec. 16 Clinic rents them for $10 if you don't have one (SpeedVentures does not rent helmets).

Hell ya!!! Finally signed up for my first track day!!! I cant wait to see what I can do at the track especially with the RA-1s. Thanks for the help Rich, See you on Saturday (There was still room). Are you guys all heading up together??? Or anybody headin out saturday mornin??? Let me know.

tanK
09-22-2006, 04:57 PM

Hell ya!!! Finally signed up for my first track day!!! I cant wait to see what I can do at the track especially with the RA-1s. Thanks for the help Rich, See you on Saturday (There was still room). Are you guys all heading up together??? Or anybody headin out saturday mornin??? Let me know.

Quickshifter, your RA-1's should do much better at this track event... compared to the rallycross :P

Anyways, have fun!

QuickShifter
09-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Quickshifter, your RA-1's should do much better at this track event... compared to the rallycross :P

Anyways, have fun!

Lol.....I accidently switched threads the other day while trying to make that post in this thread. Then everybody thought I was gonna take my R-compounds to the mud....lol. Im sure someone here would be dumb enough to do that but not me!!!

Eclipse
09-22-2006, 05:55 PM
You don't need RA-1s on your first trackday. Get plenty of rest, be patient and listen and then your first trackday will be a success. Have a great time!

QuickShifter
09-22-2006, 06:53 PM
You don't need RA-1s on your first trackday. Get plenty of rest, be patient and listen and then your first trackday will be a success. Have a great time!

I hear ya but I have no choice as they were replacements for my advans. Not to be cocky but I feel very comfortable with the car, I had an 03 a month or two after they came out and upgraded to the 06 mr bout 8 months ago. Canyon runs have been mastered, but I hate the danger factors, and not to mention tickets. So im really lookin forward to tracking my car often and meeting you guys!! And I obviously respect the track and will pay my full attention to the instructors.

denon728
09-22-2006, 09:09 PM

I hear ya but I have no choice as they were replacements for my advans. Not to be cocky but I feel very comfortable with the car, I had an 03 a month or two after they came out and upgraded to the 06 mr bout 8 months ago. Canyon runs have been mastered, but I hate the danger factors, and not to mention tickets. So im really lookin forward to tracking my car often and meeting you guys!! And I obviously respect the track and will pay my full attention to the instructors.

Did you get in for both Sat and Sun? Im on the waitlist for Sun in the blue and white group. Was wondering if yellow had room.

QuickShifter
09-24-2006, 03:35 AM
saturday only O0

Barfly
09-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Mark, is the red group full Sunday? You could probably run that after some warm-up in the blue group on Saturday. Are you ready to try out your RA-1s?

QuickShifter
09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Mark, is the red group full Sunday? You could probably run that after some warm-up in the blue group on Saturday. Are you ready to try out your RA-1s?

Im not sure if you are talking to me, but if you are its Evan, and I think Sunday was still open two days ago but not sure now. I cant wait to try out the RA-1s!!! The tires are amazing in the canyons so im actually scared to see what they do at the track. What kinda tires are you gonna be running??

Richard EVO
09-25-2006, 04:58 PM

If I'm following this correctly, you are asking if a relative track newbie could run in the SV red group -- if I have that right, the answer is no way. It's competely open passing, no point by required, and there are some pretty fast cars and drivers out there.

If Mark is very experienced and there is room in red, then it would be OK.

denon728
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure about red. I didn't want to slow the red grp down especially since I don't know clockwise very well. I just got the RA-1's today, so I'm ready!!

denon728
09-25-2006, 07:36 PM

If I'm following this correctly, you are asking if a relative track newbie could run in the SV red group -- if I have that right, the answer is no way. It's competely open passing, no point by required, and there are some pretty fast cars and drivers out there.

If Mark is very experienced and there is room in red, then it would be OK.

I'm experienced at being slow :twisted:

Barfly
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
:grin:

denon728=Mark

I'm bringing 5 extra tires this weekend, just in case. I may run Friday at BW and Monday at SOW, but not sure yet. Gotta get it out so that I can possibly take a month off. O0

Richard EVO
09-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm signed up for Sat. And Sun. Today I tried to signup for Friday and got wait listed. The event is oversold.

Barfly
09-25-2006, 10:17 PM
That's unfortunate. I thought I still had time. It's going to be a full weekend.

Senshi
09-26-2006, 02:53 AM
I just signed up for Sat hope its not full. Im really looking foward to this since it will be my first time doing Buttonwillow.

Richard EVO
09-26-2006, 06:31 AM
That's unfortunate. I thought I still had time. It's going to be a full weekend.

Maybe there's room in Red group in Friday, I don't know. I tried to sign up for Blue. Aaron told me he'd put me on wait list for both Blue and White for Friday.

Richard EVO
09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I just signed up for Sat hope its not full. Im really looking foward to this since it will be my first time doing Buttonwillow.

Senshi -

Glad you can make it.Â* #25 CCW that we are running Sat. is a blast.Â* I will be understeering like a son-of-a-bitch, since my alignment is set up to run CW right now.

203 cars signed up as of Sept. 26!!! This is gonna be a zoo.Â* 12 EVOs signed up.

Weather looking pretty good. Sunny and 91 degrees Fri. and Sat., 87 degrees on Sun.

QuickShifter
09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
What time do I need to be there by on Saturday??? Is anyone else leaving L.A. early saturday morning??? Let me know...

Barfly
09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I will stay in a hotel Friday night. I usually drive to willow springs but buttonwillow is a little far for a half-asleep drive for me.

Be there around 7am.

QuickShifter
09-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I see, for some reason I love the early morning drive. I'll leave at 4:30. Oh and another thing.....My car was tuned by Tuning Tech to spike at 1.5 bar and settle down to around 1.35 at redline.....mods are turbo-back (catless), safc, and mbc.....I know for the occasional street blast this is safely tuned, but is this a little to much boost for the track??? on a hot day!?!??!? or maybe I could just mix some race gas at the track to compensate??? I just wana make sure of nothing bad happening my first time out there, plus I never usually boost for long periods of time in hot weather/areas.

Richard EVO
09-26-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd use 100 octane at the track

Barfly
09-26-2006, 07:55 PM

+1 It's always safer to run a higher octane. You don't want to test your knock sensor. I usually fill the rest of my tank up with 100 once I get there and will keep refilling until it's near or completely 100. Then flash to 100 map. I run 1.5 peak bar on 91 and 1.6 peak on 100. The weather shouldn't be much of a factor as the forecast is for the mid 80s. See you at the track!

QuickShifter
09-26-2006, 08:44 PM

+1 It's always safer to run a higher octane. You don't want to test your knock sensor. I usually fill the rest of my tank up with 100 once I get there and will keep refilling until it's near or completely 100. Then flash to 100 map. I run 1.5 peak bar on 91 and 1.6 peak on 100. The weather shouldn't be much of a factor as the forecast is for the mid 80s. See you at the track!

thanks.....this is gonna be sick!!! Lookin forward to seein you guys.

Richard EVO
09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I got in for Fri. I will be running Blue Group on Sat. & Sun. But White Group on Fri.

budzik
09-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I'll be there. I'm wait listed in the blue group. I signed up too late. Going to test out the new Ohlins.

Senshi
09-27-2006, 05:00 PM
yo so is anybody driving up from the LA sat morning? maybe get a convoy up there since its a long drive.

Barfly
09-27-2006, 05:10 PM
You mean a police magnet? :grin:

I am not sure whether I will be going up Sat morning or Friday night. If I go up Sat morning, I'll let you know. Your'e in West LA, Senshi?

Senshi
09-27-2006, 05:16 PM
^^ lol yea i dont think police should be to much of a prob that early in the morning. yea im actually in santa monica.

Barfly
09-27-2006, 05:24 PM
What time do you want to leave?

4:30 sound good?

Senshi
09-27-2006, 07:16 PM
hmm so change of plans they are sold out on sat so i guess im doing friday instead.

Richard EVO
09-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Event is completely full now in all run groups, except for the n00bie group, which has room all 3 days.Â* There are a total of 209 (!!!) cars signed-up, including 13 EVOs:

1. denon728
2. Barfly
3. Richard EVO
4. winger
5. Quickshifter
6. knowbulsahvudge
7. EvoNueve
8. Patrick Singh
9. assassinspaintball
10. JM
11. budzik
12. Senshi
13. Kwan

There will probably be a SpeedVentures dinner at the Willow Ranch BBQ on Sat. night (or possibly Fri.).

See you there!!!

Richard EVO
09-29-2006, 07:46 AM
We're here!!! Wooohhoooo!!!

QuickShifter
09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Hope you guys are having a blast today........ Im leaving Santa Monica at 4:30 saturday morning..........If anybody wants to roll with me let me know!

Richard EVO
09-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Very fun track day on Friday, even though I had a misfiring issue that I finally resolved around 2:00 with some long distance help from RRE/Mike.

Senshi
09-29-2006, 06:20 PM
not to good of a day for me but i got home safely....thanks to those that helped me out

Barfly
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear that guys.

What happened with your car, Senshi?

Senshi
09-29-2006, 07:00 PM
nuthing to bad just 3 wheel studs broke before i even got on the track and then i spent the whole day trying to get them fixed just to get home. and now i have to get it all fixed up. it was more of hassel and a whole wast of a very long day (and some $$$) more then anything else.

Barfly
09-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that. That is a real bummer. I had 2 wheelstuds break off last event but it was during the last session of the weekend. Sorry.

Richard EVO
10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Running #25A-CCW on Sat. Was an absolute blast. My favorite config./direction by far.

Car is running better than ever. Thanks to Mike/RRE for doing the valve job and gearbox rebuild quickly, and to Scott Gray for the super tune!

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 08:53 AM
It rained unexpectedly all afternoon on Sunday, which shortened my day, but overall the weekend was great. I left the car there to get a roll cage, 6-point harness and fire extinguisher installed at 7s only, and Oli drove me home. He drives a near stock C5 Z06 on Hoosiers, and is really fast.

Barfly
10-02-2006, 09:09 AM
I'll try and get a video up of a session or two. I have the uncompressed file which is 4.3 GB for 20 min of footage, but I am trying to learn how to compress the damn thing and post it on the net.

QuickShifter
10-02-2006, 11:55 AM
wow....im in a rush so heres a long story short....not only did I have to take care of personal/family matters on friday, I also ran over something on the freeway which destroyed one of my RA-1's....it went flat and when I filled it up with air the car was wobbling on that wheel, I thought the wheel was bent but the tire had huge bubbles in it when I removed it.

Im using the spare now and need to know if I can order a new RA-1 for that one wheel, the tires have 3,000 miles, and havent been rotated, and on top of that it was a tire from one of the rear wheels, which still look very new.

Richardevo??? Barfly???.....I wana order this tire asap so someone please tell me its ok!!!

thanks for any help

Evan

Barfly
10-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Ideally you would have an extra rim, buy 2 tires and place them both up front or the rear. Then rotate your 3k mile used one in with the rest. If you don't have an extra rim, then it should still be fine especially for trackday use.

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
wow....im in a rush so heres a long story short....not only did I have to take care of personal/family matters on friday, I also ran over something on the freeway which destroyed one of my RA-1's....it went flat and when I filled it up with air the car was wobbling on that wheel, I thought the wheel was bent but the tire had huge bubbles in it when I removed it.

Im using the spare now and need to know if I can order a new RA-1 for that one wheel, the tires have 3,000 miles, and havent been rotated, and on top of that it was a tire from one of the rear wheels, which still look very new.

Richardevo??? Barfly???.....I wana order this tire asap so someone please tell me its ok!!!

thanks for any help

Evan

Just by one tire and put in on the car.Â* What choice do you have? Put it on the front and it will wear faster to be like the others.

You can order the tire from:

Vilven Tire Co
101 W Main St
Royal, IL 61871
(217) 583-3277

Or you can go to Buttonwillow raceway to get one. Â*They had a stack of new 255/40/17 RA-1s. Â*I don't know if Buttonwillow would ship it to you -- probably not but you could call and ask.

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
oops. double post

Barfly
10-02-2006, 12:21 PM
AIM tire in Norcal and Island tire in Pasadena are also other options. They both will run you about $160-180 for a 255/40/17 tire depending on if you need it shipped.

denon728
10-02-2006, 12:51 PM
500whp.com also sells them. He's in Hacienda Heights.

Barfly
10-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Here is a link to a video from Sunday. It's Divx so you need to download the software if you don't have it. I recorded it in 16:9, so you should change the display on the Divx software. It's large, about 217mb for the full 20 min session.

http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c13.oct1.blue.s2.divx

(Make sure to select "save target as" and download to your computer and open with Divx)

It's the 2nd session from Sunday in the blue group. I got to the grid late, so there was a lot of traffic. 3 evos are in the video including Richard's and Mark's. I didn't get to stretch the evo's legs until about 2/3 the way through and even then, there is still plenty to improve on. Also, I had some brake fade towards the end of the session so I came in a lap or two early.

Barfly
10-02-2006, 02:48 PM
The free Divx download can be found at this site:

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

My fastest time during that session which was configuration #13, was 2:08. I need to work on loading my boost earlier as I was on the throttle sooner than that boost was kicking in. I will be running the same configuration at NASA in 2 weeks, so hopefully I can hit 2:05 or better.

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I recorded it in 16:9, so you should change the display on the Divx software.

How do I do that? The video looks a little stretched vertically to me.

Thanks for posting. Your laptimes were excellent. Do you have any video of #25A-CCW on Sat.?

Barfly
10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Right click, video display, set aspect ratio, widescreen 16:9.

I'll try and get to Saturday soon.

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Right click, video display, set aspect ratio, widescreen 16:9.

Ok, got it wired up.Â* Thanks!

Didn't take you long to get past me. :oops:

Senshi
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
great vid thanks for uploading the quality is great but you should try using xvid for compression i find i can usually get a smaller size with it even with maintaining good quality.

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Senshi -

Did you get your wheel stud problem fixed? Be sure to carry a couple of extra wheel studs and lug nuts. Sorry your event plans got scrapped.

Senshi
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
yea it was a pritty shitty day but i guess i learned yet another thing, i'll prob get everything fixed next week since i have to go outta town this week. i'll def be back at buttonwillow it seemed alot of fun and i look forward to giving it another shot.

Barfly
10-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks Senshi, I'll have to check xvid out. Do you have a link for a compression program that uses it. I have the codec that I use with mediaplayer, but I didn't see a compression tool.

Here is another video in the rain Sunday afternoon. It's a short one, especially given that I didn't make it half way around the track.Â* :grin: You will see the wetspot/puddle that my rears caught. I changed to full tread on the front and 2/32" on the rears (the most tread I had left), but that didn't help much. I was surprised that I spun around that light corner.

http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c13.oct1.blue.s4%28rain%29.divx

Richard, I have a few good sessions from Saturday, but without sound. I will still try to post one soon.

Richard EVO
10-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Here is another video in the rain Sunday afternoon. It's a short one, especially given that I didn't make it half way around the track. :grin: You will see the wetspot/puddle that my rears caught. I changed to full tread on the front and 2/32" on the rears (the most tread I had left), but that didn't help much. I was surprised that I spun around that light corner.

That's too funny! I did the same thing in the Bus Stop, and was surprised at spinning too, because I was taking it pretty easy. I had basically slicks on the back and not a lot of tread on at least one of my front tires. That was the session after the Time Attack, right? I think I saw you out there in the dirt, and I spun a few laps later. It was 3:30 and I called it a day, which is rare for me, since I usually drive until the last minute. I hate driving in the rain and nothing about Sunday changed that, even though it was a light rain and the track wasn't really all that wet (compared to hard rain).

evobeaner
10-02-2006, 07:35 PM
great vid Barfly. track looks like alot of fun and excellent driving too. also noticed if your hands got tired as you stretched them out once in a while. whats up with the Porches holding you up bud. also was that Mark who spun in front of you.
great reflexes on your part to avoid him. your car looks super stable with that suspension set-up. also what gears do you use at this track mainly.
Richard, nice job also. are you planning to stay with your current suspension. O0

evobeaner
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks Senshi, I'll have to check xvid out. Do you have a link for a compression program that uses it. I have the codec that I use with mediaplayer, but I didn't see a compression tool.

Here is another video in the rain Sunday afternoon. It's a short one, especially given that I didn't make it half way around the track.Â* :grin: You will see the wetspot/puddle that my rears caught. I changed to full tread on the front and 2/32" on the rears (the most tread I had left), but that didn't help much. I was surprised that I spun around that light corner.

http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c13.oct1.blue.s4%28rain%29.divx

Richard, I have a few good sessions from Saturday, but without sound. I will still try to post one soon.

boost kicked in on the puddle :-o

denon728
10-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Great Vid. Who was that dumbass in the silver evo that spun?! Someone should have black flagged his ass for driving angry!! :2funny:

Barfly
10-02-2006, 08:51 PM
:crazy2: Someone also should have blackflagged him for showering my windshield with rocks. For retribution, I'm going to powerslide through a big pile of shit just so that it dirties that pristine interior of yours.Â* :-P

Ok, I saved the best for last. Instead of posting my measly 2:07 on a 100 map on config #25, I'm going to post Aaron Bitterman's 2:06 on 91 map with light traffic! He also let off the throttle early for a cool down lap, but I encouraged him to keep going so that we would get a time recording. I bet he could really get below 2:00 with the 100 map, minus 200lb of weight, and without traffic!Â* O0

http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c25.sep30.AaronBitterman.divx

By the way, he said the new suspension setup kicks major ass. Thanks RRC! O0 O0

denon728
10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
:crazy2: Someone also should have blackflagged him for showering my windshield with rocks. For retribution, I'm going to powerslide through a big pile of shit just so that it dirties that pristine interior of yours.Â* :-P

Sorry Barfly.Â* You can throw a tire iron at me when I cross start finish next time. :twisted:

Barfly
10-03-2006, 08:38 AM

Sorry Barfly.Â* You can throw a tire iron at me when I cross start finish next time. :twisted:

Flying objects are reserved for the super advanced black group. Instead, I will send a dozen school children onto the track for you to dodge at various high speed sweepers.Â* :twisted:

Richard EVO
10-03-2006, 09:54 AM
:crazy2: Someone also should have blackflagged him for showering my windshield with rocks. For retribution, I'm going to powerslide through a big pile of shit just so that it dirties that pristine interior of yours. :-P

Sorry Barfly. You can throw a tire iron at me when I cross start finish next time. :twisted:

Flying objects are reserved for the super advanced black group. Instead, I will send a dozen school children onto the track for you to dodge at various high speed sweepers. :twisted:

That would be cruel to the school children. Use slow-moving Panteras instead.

Muellerized...
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
By the way, he said the new suspension setup kicks major ass. Thanks RRC! O0 O0

Thanks Jason. Glad we could be of some help.

Barfly
10-03-2006, 02:48 PM
great vid Barfly. track looks like alot of fun and excellent driving too. also noticed if your hands got tired as you stretched them out once in a while. whats up with the Porches holding you up bud. also was that Mark who spun in front of you.
great reflexes on your part to avoid him. your car looks super stable with that suspension set-up. also what gears do you use at this track mainly.
Richard, nice job also. are you planning to stay with your current suspension. O0

Gears are mostly 4th, some 3rd, and a brief 5th.

I try and get in the habit of keeping my hands loose to keep myself relaxed. I will also take that time to check gauges, think of errands I need to run, say a prayer for the indigent, starving children in Somalia, etc. :)

Richard EVO
10-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Ok, I saved the best for last. Instead of posting my measly 2:07 on a 100 map on config #25, I'm going to post Aaron Bitterman's 2:06 on 91 map with light traffic! He also let off the throttle early for a cool down lap, but I encouraged him to keep going so that we would get a time recording. I bet he could really get below 2:00 with the 100 map, minus 200lb of weight, and without traffic! O0

Nice video of Aaron blasting through 25-CCW. That last time through Star Mazda, after exiting the turn he went pretty high up on the right side berm, eh?

Barfly
10-03-2006, 08:48 PM
He used every part of the track and more. He got a little loose a couple of times but quickly regained control. He's a hell of a driver.

Barfly
10-03-2006, 11:14 PM
This will be the last video I post from this past weekend. It's the last lap from session 4 and I had no traffic to deal with. It's the best laptime I could muster 2:07. It's from Saturday, configuration #25. I had the mic accidentally turned off so I substituted the sound. The one lap file is 22mb. Don't forget to change the aspect ratio to 16:9.

Thanks again to RRE, RRC, and Scot Gray. The car has been running beautifully and I have yet to maximize it's potential.

http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c25.sep30.blue.s4%282.07%29.divx

QuickShifter
10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Wow....So I finally got my RA-1 about 10 days ago after some annoying shipping problems. Speed Ventures never even returned any of my messages. Buncha cheep asses I guess. Whens the next event??? Preferably one that Speed Ventures has nothing to do with since they could care less about anything other then the 200 dollars they jacked from me.

Richard EVO
10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Wow....So I finally got my RA-1 about 10 days ago after some annoying shipping problems. Speed Ventures never even returned any of my messages. Buncha cheep asses I guess.Â* Whens the next event??? Preferably one that Speed Ventures has nothing to do with since they could care less about anything other then the 200 dollars they jacked from me.

Don't be a jackass. SpeedVentures never cheated anybody. It's a great group. Email Aaron and he'll take care of you.

Barfly
10-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Wow....So I finally got my RA-1 about 10 days ago after some annoying shipping problems. Speed Ventures never even returned any of my messages. Buncha cheep asses I guess. Whens the next event??? Preferably one that Speed Ventures has nothing to do with since they could care less about anything other then the 200 dollars they jacked from me.

:grin:

And Richard has made it very clear where you can find info regarding upcoming track events.

Senshi
10-18-2006, 12:32 AM

Don't be a jackass. SpeedVentures never cheated anybody. It's a great group. Email Aaron and he'll take care of you.

hate to say it but aaron did reemburse me ether even though i never did one lap when i broke my lug nuts, i would have atleast taken credit towards another event :-\
they still prob run the best events for track days though.

Barfly
10-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Have you emailed him? He will usually give credit if you didn't get to run. I overheard someone say that Saturday at BW, that they wouldn't be able to run Sunday and Aaron gave him a day at Cal Speedway. The problem is, unless you mentioned it to him that day, it is now weeks after-the-fact.

ryan0
10-18-2006, 08:24 AM
so i bought a ticket to fly to new york.. but my suitcase broke and i couldnt go.. then a week later i call american airlines.. but they wouldnt give me a free trip or my money back.. what a bunch of cheap asses.

ryan0
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
It's the best laptime I could muster 2:07. It's from Saturday, configuration #25. I had the mic accidentally turned off so I substituted the sound.

since you asked about this video in the other forum.. that ive been fucking banned from.. i'll tell you what i can here.

its really hard to tell a whole lot with no sound.. i dont know how hard youre on the gas.. but heres my best guesses.

looks early in to sunset.. but again.. i cant tell if your flat out and still making the turn, but you want to be flat out asap cause this is basically a long straight even through the esses... so maybe brake a little later, turn a little later and be full throttle a little earlier.

whats with hammering that last berm on the esses? ouch

turn in and track out looks good at star mazda.. but again.. hard to tell without knowing/hearing how much gas.

i would set up wider going into lost hill so you have more of a straight shot up the hill.. easire to brake hard before the top... and even though its freaky, you could probably carry more speed over the top.

riverside usually has more speed in it than you think.

brake before the hump (as you know).

i would turn in later for cotton corners also.. that way , as soon as you hit the apex in the right hander youre set up perfect to be flat out though the left.

the off ramp is usually straight forward if you stay wide.. and not much time to be made up.

coming onto the straight should always be faster, but it is one of those "DANGER" spots because of the off camber dip and the wall.

i've never driven an evo there but im guessing thats 2 secs rights there.. but what do i know..

Barfly
10-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks. I agree about lost hill and about being a little early into sunset. I think your right about cotton corners as well. I am turning in early to plow over the berm when I should probably just turn in later.

I carried the hill better on the last lap of the video below when I was trying to catch back up with the Z after traffic. It has sound.

The video I posted on evolutionm was this one: http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c13.oct15.s3.divx

Now that I watch it again. I think my problem was that I was just holding the 350Z's pace. Whenever I got closer, I would coast a bit. But when we hit traffic on the last lap and I had room to make up, I ran harder.

Barfly
10-18-2006, 09:53 AM
And sorry about the dubbed song I put on the video that didn't have sound. It makes my ears bleed everytime I hear it. :-( I thought it would be more energetic than the Audioslave song I was going to put on, but I don't think that I can listen to "Born to Slow" more than once this lifetime.

ryan0
10-18-2006, 10:12 AM
The video I posted on evolutionm was this one: http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c13.oct15.s3.divx

cant get that one to dl

Barfly
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM

cant get that one to dl

The server is probably too busy. Download it later if you can, as I would appreciate any critical input. Right click link to save target as.

ryan0
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
same things.. way too early into sunset.. stay outside more before you turn in to go up lost hill.. then you can get a later turn in and be hard on the gas..(rewatch bittermans line).. same thing through cotton corners..

you should be on the gas hard before you hit the apex.. especially in these cars cause it will give the turbo a chance to spool up..

ps.. i like razorlabs advice.. "just go faster through the turns".

Barfly
10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I definitely need to spool earlier. That's been one of my biggest problems. I need to hit the gas before the apex, so that the turbo is running at the apex.

Thanks again.

earlyapex
10-18-2006, 11:59 AM
ps.. i like razorlabs advice.. "just go faster through the turns".

Hey now, that's not exactly what I was saying now was it. ;)

earlyapex
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I definitely need to spool earlier. That's been one of my biggest problems. I need to hit the gas before the apex, so that the turbo is running at the apex.

Thanks again.

Yea, even though our cars do spool pretty fast, you can make up ALOT of time by getting the gas earlier then you think you should in these cars, most of the time, WOT before the apex = great power delivery out.

Barfly
10-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Did you notice any similarities to your camera footage, earlyapex? I'm running the elura 100 w/ widelense and ioport mount. I love it.Â* O0

earlyapex
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Did you notice any similarities to your camera footage, earlyapex? I'm running the elura 100 w/ widelense and ioport mount. I love it.Â* O0

Right on, it's great bang for the buck isn't it? What mic are you using?

Barfly
10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Did you notice any similarities to your camera footage, earlyapex? I'm running the elura 100 w/ widelense and ioport mount. I love it. O0

Right on, it's great bang for the buck isn't it? What mic are you using?

ATR35S. It was like $20. Works well.

earlyapex
10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
btw if you need video hosting, let me know. ;)

Barfly
10-18-2006, 12:17 PM

How much storage is available? And is there a fee?

Senshi
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Have you emailed him? He will usually give credit if you didn't get to run. I overheard someone say that Saturday at BW, that they wouldn't be able to run Sunday and Aaron gave him a day at Cal Speedway. The problem is, unless you mentioned it to him that day, it is now weeks after-the-fact.

i talk to him as soon as my problem happend and he said no

Senshi
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
so i bought a ticket to fly to new york.. but my suitcase broke and i couldnt go.. then a week later i call american airlines.. but they wouldnt give me a free trip or my money back.. what a bunch of cheap asses.

i know very well that track day events are run alittle differant then a huge company that has stupid policies and actually airlines usally do atleast give you part of your ticket back in some way.

ryan0
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
i know very well that track day events are run alittle differant then a huge company that has stupid policies and actually airlines usally do atleast give you part of your ticket back in some way.

but youve never actually run a company yourself right?

and id like to see an airline refund a ticket cause you just couldnt make it.

cars break a events.. its life.. id guess 5-10% of cars?.. so should they over fill an event by 5-10% to make sure they make enough money? but then youll complain its too crowded..

its not their fault your car wasnt ready.. why should they lose money?

Senshi
10-18-2006, 01:31 PM
first off i never really complained i just said what happened, i understand why he didnt credit me and im not even that annoyed about it, i just felt people should know what happened so they know what to expect if something similar happens to them. I can say that ive definatly had to call some airlines at the last min and say i couldnt go and although they usally wont give you a full refund they usally just charge you a cancelation fee and then give you the rest of your money back.

ryan0
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
first off i never really complained i just said what happened, i understand why he didnt credit me and im not even that annoyed about it, i just felt people should know what happened so they know what to expect if something similar happens to them.

it sucks, but i hope people know this already.. if you get credit or a refund.. consider yourself lucky.

edit.. oh.. it was the other dude that was complaining.. sorry

earlyapex
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM

if they are track videos like this, I will host them for free.

Barfly
10-18-2006, 02:39 PM

So I have to store my porn elsewhere? ;)

Thanks, I'll get in touch with you after Laguna weekend. I'll be running that track softly though as my car is still my daily driver and sans cage.

denon728
10-18-2006, 07:57 PM

So I have to store my porn elsewhere? ;)

Thanks, I'll get in touch with you after Laguna weekend. I'll be running that track softly though as my car is still my daily driver and sans cage.

Yeah right. :?

Barfly
10-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah right. :?

:-o

evobeaner
10-18-2006, 09:35 PM
i really think you will have a hard time taking it easy Barfly.