PDA

View Full Version : Will a Full stereo system install run on Mini Battery?

Lagsux
09-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Wondering if anyone is running a full stereo system (ie. amps, subs, separates, etc.) with the mini battery kit? If so, is there a need for ungraded alternators or is the stock one good to go?

Thanks!

thisxguy
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
if you have a system, why are you using a mini battery?

im guessing that if you do use the mini battery, you'll need good capacitators...i dont know about the alternator.

why not run the subs on their own battery?

kimletrim
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Short answer...yes. Â*I run a Mac 5 channel amp, Mac head unit with seperate power supply, a 10 sealed sub, Vifa seperates and have a Braille battery. Â*No problem at all, but I don't power the system with my engine off for longer than 5 minutes.

Lagsux
09-13-2006, 12:05 AM
The UICP & Oil Catch Can would not work with Stock battery. Therefore, have no choice but to run mini. But, I'd also like to put my old system back into the car. I guess that's the delimma for me.

Lagsux
09-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Short answer...yes. I run a Mac 5 channel amp, Mac head unit with seperate power supply, a 10 sealed sub, Vifa seperates and have a Braille battery. No problem at all, but I don't power the system with my engine off for longer than 5 minutes.

OH... almost forgot. The system I took out of my supra included 1001 Xtant & 2 Old School RF Competition Power Chromes, not to mention an wide array of active x-overs, etc...etc... I had the optima Yellows with Stock alternators, but juices ran dry every once in awhile.

j_nizzle
09-13-2006, 12:07 PM
a few of the shop cars where i had my system installed ran mini batteries with no problems. you should be fine. keep in mind these cars had 3-5k watt systems...

Sr20kidD
09-26-2006, 07:18 AM
the battery does get used when you have your car... its all upto the alty.Â* But if you run your system with your car off, then dont expect to too last more than 15 min

ps. why would you use a mini battery, then still a seperate battery for your system, the whole point is to save weight... :roll::

EVOMANIAC
12-28-2006, 09:04 AM
I used to have the mini battery and have a 3000w system. I have components in the front, coax in the rear and 2-12 subs. I run two 2farad caps though. There was no difference with the system unless the car was not running. I would not use the stereo unless the car was running because the battery would be dead in less than 10 min.