PDA

View Full Version : Security System Recommendation?

Lagsux
09-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Any tips would be much appreciated! Lo-Jack is good, but I'd like to know if anyone's in the process of breaking in, not find out later and track down a stripped car.

Btw, Any good security system installers around So. Cal?

Terenus
09-13-2006, 09:11 AM
I believe Viper alarm systems are pretty good.

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 09:34 PM
A while back, I had the Clifford Avant Guard installed in my Supra. It had built in turbo timer, auto start, and some other cool features too. The best part was it never gave me any problems thru the years of owning it. Is there anything similar to that these days? If so, is Clifford still a reputable security system company?

silvrEVOIXn818
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I have had the Commando remote start w/ windows, etc.Â* I have had it on my 03 eclipse and now on my 06 EVO!Â* I would recommend this unit highly!Â* But this unit is atleast 5 - 6 years old and w/ out color screen.Â* And still works like a charm! In my opinion the color unit is nicer looking, but you have to charge the damn remote... from what I hear.Â* Â*W/ out the color screen, the battery on the remote lasts months at a time!Â* Â*Another major feature of this alarm is the pager in the remote.Â* Not only does it tell you your alarm is going off, but what sensor is set off, as well!Â* Â*O0Â* I can also recommend a shop to hook you up if you like.Â* Good hunting!

DruMMinStUd06
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Raising this somewhat dead thread...is there any particular alarm thats favored?

Another stupid question: Will installing an aftermarket alarm require disabling the stock immobilizer?

MJCT9A
06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
+1..recently moved from a house to an apartment and street parking is a BIAAA would like to know what other members recommend???

Raising this somewhat dead thread...is there any particular alarm thats favored?

Another stupid question: Will installing an aftermarket alarm require disabling the stock immobilizer?

Driving_Miss_Daisy
06-04-2007, 06:12 PM

You only have to use the immobilizer if you want remote start. Other then it is not needed. I have a Clifford 3.5. Clifford, Viper, Python all the same.

dabie
06-05-2007, 12:09 AM
I like the compustar and viper alarm systems with pagers. They can also have a built in turbo timer function included.

x[corwyn]
06-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Any tips would be much appreciated! Lo-Jack is good, but I'd like to know if anyone's in the process of breaking in, not find out later and track down a stripped car.

Btw, Any good security system installers around So. Cal?

Hit up Ultraflipamotive. http://www.cafepress.com/ultraflipmotors

ultraflip
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
www.ultrastarters.com

JMB8606
06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
compustar is a great unit. i have had the Viper 791vx and the clifford 3.5 and hated them. The range sucked and the compustar has some nice useful features.