PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got tix running either of these exhausts?

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm debating between the JIC Ti or the HKS Carbon Ti.

Prolly gonna run them with a RRE TP, so sound factor is crucial. Anyone with experience, please let me know.

How loud do these get?

cspeed17
09-15-2006, 09:21 PM
well i have the greddy Ti 3" piping all the way and cat delete its loud but luckely no tix yet.. but sounds sweet...

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 09:36 PM
well i have the greddy Ti 3" piping all the way and cat delete its loud but luckely no tix yet.. but sounds sweet...

How long have u been running this exhaust on your car? And is it a daily driver?

09-15-2006, 09:38 PM
The HKS Carbon- Ti has a nice low tone to it and it's not loud at all unless you're under WOT.

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 09:45 PM
The HKS Carbon- Ti has a nice low tone to it and it's not loud at all unless you're under WOT.

Are you running this setup with a test pipe, hi-flow cat, or stock cat?

kimletrim
09-15-2006, 10:25 PM
You cannot compare the HKS carbon Ti to other ALL titanium exhuasts such as the JIC Ti or the Greddy Ti since with the HKS, only the muffler is carbon Ti.

So automatically, the HKS will be quieter. I have installed this and heard it on a IX. Very nice exhuast IMHO and not very loud at all, just a bit throatier than stock.

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM
You cannot compare the HKS carbon Ti to other ALL titanium exhuasts such as the JIC Ti or the Greddy Ti since with the HKS, only the muffler is carbon Ti.

So automatically, the HKS will be quieter. I have installed this and heard it on a IX. Very nice exhuast IMHO and not very loud at all, just a bit throatier than stock.

Thx... then I guess the JIC Ti has to go.... Up for sale soon then~

bogey8
09-15-2006, 10:34 PM
I have the HKS Carbon Ti and it's not loud. I haven't been pulled over (knock on wood) and I've had cops drive behind me for miles sometimes. Of course I drive cautiously when they are around.

I have a full turbo back with a hi-flow cat.

And my Evo is daily driven. 100 miles a day.

I agree, the full Titanium exhaust would be louder.

SoCal
09-16-2006, 12:14 AM
HKS Hi power currently on my car and catless with 3 inch piping sounds throatier than stock no problems, besides check engine light.. :mitsu: Go HKS!!! O0

gt40
09-16-2006, 12:17 AM
If you are in socal, I think you are just setting yourself up for harassment by the police if you go with a loud exhaust. Â*My car was used by borla for dev and I had a tb exhaust from them back in early 2003. Â*

I have had big turbos on the car since then and the borla was 106db at idle with the bigger turbo(95db with stock) Â*It was fun for a few months but the droning and noise gets to you + the cops. Â*If you ever upgrade your turbo, it dramatically makes the car louder because the turbo is part of the exhaust and bigger= louder. Â*

Since then I have gone RRE stealth exhaust. Â*And have been really happy. Â*It has a nice sound, is quiet and flows well. Â*Go with a stealth exhaust from whoever imo and make the same power but lose the attention from the cops.

nlakind
09-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I had the HKS carbon-ti cat-back on my VIII for about a year & a half & never got pulled over for my exhaust once

909Evo
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Running 3 inch dp + cat delete + greddy ti.... never got pulled over.

ghost_evo
09-18-2006, 03:01 PM
i have a resonated jic ti, with downpipe and hfc. been hassled once but no tix. exhaust is not supper loud, but i might be getting a rally cat soon. that may change things not sure

daniel
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
I have the RMR turbo back (rmrproducts.com) with cat and it's pretty good. It just gets deeper and rumbles when you get on it. I can hear my turbo spool over it under heavy acceleration. If you take the cat off all bets are off. I would stay away from the ones that go "waaaaaaaaaa" like the civics. I've had cops get behind me and follow me for blocks and I've been lucky so far as it's not too loud and comes with a 95db certificate and if you don't get on it ...it's not loud at all. I always hear evo's with louder exhausts than mine.

C-Spec
09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
JIC all the way, that is very very light. ;)

Sxhawnn
09-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Thx... then I guess the JIC Ti has to go.... Up for sale soon then~

Wanna just trade me for my carbon ti?

JDMevoracer
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I have the JIC Ti and haven't had any problems.