PDA

View Full Version : Tint - Fix it tix

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Do most of you guys get away with just Med or Lite tint for the front windows???

I know rear seats and back windows could be limo dark if you want, but wut do most of you guys get away with in the front?

Thanks!

09-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I have 15% rears and 50% fronts and so far so good. I usually roll down my windows when I'm driving local though just to be safe.

Lagsux
09-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Which tint film are you using? Would you recommend?

09-17-2006, 03:39 AM
I have 20% in the front. It's just become instinct to roll down the windows whenever i see the cops.

909Evo
09-17-2006, 08:16 PM
I had 15% all the way around, never got harrased.

I will probably put 15% on my IX next weekend too.

KRNEVO8
09-18-2006, 12:19 AM
i have 15% all around

sorry for going off topic but can a cop make u roll up your front windows if they see that your back windows are tinted?

nlakind
09-18-2006, 01:05 AM
i have 15% all around

sorry for going off topic but can a cop make u roll up your front windows if they see that your back windows are tinted?

I have 5%(limo) all the way around & I agree with "310", it just becomes instinct to roll down the windows when you see police & no, they legally can not make you roll up your windows just like they legally can't search your car for drugs or weapons without permission from you or "reasonable cause"

silex
09-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I think you mean "probable cause" ;)

JDMevoracer
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
The california law for window tint on the front windows is zero. From my experience it depends on the cop who pulls you over and depending if it's quota time for the month or not. My windows are tinted and I just had one run in with johnny law about it, but he was profiling like a mutha.

TravisP
10-05-2006, 05:18 PM
i have 35% front on my stang

my step-bro has limo front on his F-150

been pulled over, no comments from the cops

Macky
10-05-2006, 09:00 PM

none of those two vehicles are import cars, much less a modded evo (which is about 90% of evos here).

darkevo
10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
i have 15% all around

A motorcycle cop made me do this and then wrote me a tint ticket. Didn't know I could have said no..that might have pissed him off more. My weak speeding ticket of 75 in a 65 could have turned into a more realistic 100mph I was doing just before he got me..LOL

TravisP
10-06-2006, 10:18 PM

none of those two vehicles are import cars, much less a modded evo (which is about 90% of evos here).

ok.

how about my neighbor's cars :):

Galardo with 35% all around
06 Supercharged GTO with Limo all the way around
02 or 03 SRT-4 with no cats, ugraded turbo, upgraded BOV, limo tint all the way around.
07 Dodge Viper SRT-10 limo tint
1932 Ford with no tint :D

none of them have been pulled over.

feel better knowing that Macky? :) lol. since i dont have any imports in my driveway or garage (some european but no ricers / rally cars), would any of those be close enough? :)

Also a supercharged H2 that was pulled over and wasnt even warned about the noise or limotint...

PS: Im not trying to be rude. I am mad cause i dont have an evo haha. but I want one!!!! wanna gimme yours ? :D

daniel
10-06-2006, 10:48 PM
i used to have a G35 and the only time I got messed with about my tint was when I ran through 1 & 2 gear, chirping, in front of a cop I didn't see. Basically, just don't drive like an asshole or draw a lot of attention to yourself, IE loud ass exhaust or just looking way too fast & furious (ie, stickers and all that other bullshit) and you won't get messed with in general. Usually cops see a reason to get you. No point in pulling over a stock looking car. I've been pretty safe in my evo so far.. only time was.. again... I tore ass out of a parking lot because there were on coming cars and it turned out it was 3 chp's... that was not fun - haha. My evo was stock then but they hassled me about everything for 20mins... just goes to show..you get what you give! Keep an eye out before you hit that gas pedal. Anything fun in life is going to have a "big brother" aspect.. I ride sportbikes too... same shit...

nlakind
10-07-2006, 03:09 AM
I think you mean "probable cause" ;)

& no, I meant reasonable cause, you can look it up, there are some small differences between the 2

afro
10-12-2006, 03:42 PM
The california law for window tint on the front windows is zero. From my experience it depends on the cop who pulls you over and depending if it's quota time for the month or not. My windows are tinted and I just had one run in with johnny law about it, but he was profiling like a mutha.

+1 on this !