PDA

View Full Version : blah got my 2nd exhaust ticket

KRNEVO8
09-17-2006, 09:05 PM
man i got pulled over again today for my exhaust
i have the rs-r gt 2 and i know its loud but i was even gunning it i was literally going 5 miles per hour turning into a neighbor hood. Well the motorcycle cop was just chilling in the street where i turned and just decided to pull me over. He then was lecturing me on how loud exhaust can be distracting to people, ordered me to pop my hood, thought my stock airbox was an intake, and threatened to give me a tint ticket but said "ill just warn you this time" and he wrote it on his ticket. Then after he left, he pulled over another car in the matter of 5 sec. I think he was short on his quota of tickets.

Anyway guys Im sick of getting pulled over because of my loud exhaust so what should i do? I was thinking of 2 options.
1. Get my RS-R EXMAG GT2 exhaust to a muffler shop and add 2 resonators on it.
2. Get a whole new exhaust system (i dont know what brand yet)

I just want an exhaust that is free flowing but isnt loud

can anyone chime in?

EvoStevo
09-17-2006, 09:08 PM
sorry to hear what happened. What city so i know where not to drive? I'm paranoid because i have the Espelir JT500 its loud.

good luck

wj4
09-17-2006, 09:11 PM
sorry to hear what happened. What city so i know where not to drive? I'm paranoid because i have the Espelir JT500 its loud.

good luck

lol i have the espelir gt500 as well. along with hi flow cat and downpipe. you can always go with the "stocker than stock'' set up...
also curious, what city was this? everytime i see a cop in the street i shift at 2k rpm or just put it in N and coast.

09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I have the GTII (with RSR downpipe/cat delete) as well and its pretty loud. Been thinking of getting rid of it, but who can't resist that aggressive tone?

Kinda off topic, but how does the GTII compare with the Greddy Ti? Louder? Equally loud? Not as loud?

Regarding low profile exhaust suggestions, there's always RRE stealth exhaust. Not sure if that is your style though..

thisxguy
09-17-2006, 09:16 PM
he lives in fullerton area...but im not exactly sure if he got his tickets there

hey frank...like i said...if you like how the GT2 looks then just resonate it...but i think it'll still be a tad bit loud

09-17-2006, 09:18 PM
double post please delete..

thisxguy
09-17-2006, 09:24 PM
where's the other thread?

KRNEVO8
09-18-2006, 12:16 AM
im thinking about putting 2 resonaters on it but will it decrease the performance by alot?

Skiracer
09-18-2006, 05:50 AM
Chop off the blingy exhaust tip and weld on a 3" pipe instead and paint the muffler black..

GokuSSJ4
09-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I have the GTII (with RSR downpipe/cat delete) as well and its pretty loud. Been thinking of getting rid of it, but who can't resist that aggressive tone?

Kinda off topic, but how does the GTII compare with the Greddy Ti? Louder? Equally loud? Not as loud?

Regarding low profile exhaust suggestions, there's always RRE stealth exhaust. Not sure if that is your style though..

from what i have seen the Greddy Ti doesnt use any resonators (reason wy theyre able to keep that exhaust so light) ..
IMO and the cheapest way would be to add at least another resonator to your system... perhaps either a 18 inch or 24 inch resonator should do the trick...

[p]dOG.
09-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Chop off the blingy exhaust tip and weld on a 3" pipe instead and paint the muffler black..

^+1 some high temp paint on the exhaust should help with the bling assuming you where only doing 5mph most likely the bling attracted him and a resonator should quite down that bad boy.

Skiracer
09-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Here's my car after i chopped off the bling 5" tip from my AVO catback and welded on a 3" pipe and I painted the muffler black. You can also purchase the RRE stealth exhaust as well if you don't wanna hack your exhaust

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/111-1106_IMG%20copy.jpg

KRNEVO8
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
well my exhaust doesnt come w/ any resonators so i think ill need 2
do u guys know much it woudl cost roughly and how long it would take?

ryan78
09-19-2006, 11:46 PM
well, i have the espelir JGT500 for a month now (without a silencer) and luckily i haven't been pulled over yet and i lived here in koreatown

xxazn2nrxx
09-26-2006, 08:03 AM
i'm like in fullerton all the time and i cruised around with my greddy ti, testpipe and jic dp and i never get pulled over. I guess i get lucky