PDA

View Full Version : Cali Speedway Private track Rental

Juiced
09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
A friend is looking to setup a Private track rental @ california Speedway in early January the event will be limited to 100 cars @ the cost of $125 per car let me know if anyone is intersted.

1/4 mile strip racing from 9-5

****this is just a feeler no dates have been set as of yet.

C-Spec
09-21-2006, 10:08 AM
count me in. O0

Richard EVO
09-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I assume you are talking about the infield road course, and not the full-ROVAL, right?

1of1000MR
09-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Let us know of further details when u get them. This sounds great! Defenitly something I wanna do.

EvolvedMCC
09-21-2006, 11:14 AM
verrrrry interesting!!!

cky_bam_marg
09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
wow this sounds bad ass well i would be in and a few friends of mine said they woudl be down to join also ;)

v8hater
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM
I 'm in. Just find out more details

Juiced
09-21-2006, 11:45 AM
This will actually be the new 1/4 mile strip racing from 9-5.

Make as many passes as you can or until your car breaks.

C-Spec
09-21-2006, 11:55 AM

so it's an 1/4 drag. no thanks. i'm not paying $125 bucks to drag. I thought you were talking about Road Racing.

Evo8you
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Sounds good!!! also a good time to tune.

A Mitsubishi vs. Subaru event would be good to.

or an AWD event .

Or ? etc.

Miss Evo8
09-21-2006, 03:45 PM

so it's an 1/4 drag. no thanks. i'm not paying $125 bucks to drag.Â* I thought you were talking about Road Racing.

+1 drag racing an Evo is a waste!

Richard EVO
09-21-2006, 04:00 PM

so it's an 1/4 drag. no thanks. i'm not paying $125 bucks to drag. I thought you were talking about Road Racing.

And if you are gonna drag race for 8 hours, your EVO is going home on a tow truck because you will have no clutch by the end of the day.

QuickShifter
09-21-2006, 04:40 PM
lol.....I remember when I thought it was cool to drag race an awd car, I was 16.

gofaster87
09-21-2006, 04:41 PM

so it's an 1/4 drag. no thanks. i'm not paying $125 bucks to drag. Â*I thought you were talking about Road Racing.

Why is it a waste? Theyve been dragging awd mitsus since they were made. You, owning an evo is a waste in my opinion.

gofaster87
09-21-2006, 04:45 PM
lol.....I remember when I thought it was cool to drag race an awd car, I was 16.

Problem was you were never cool. You roadracing whores need to pull your heads out of your asses. Funny thing is most of you cant track worth a shit anyway and then you go ahead and call drag racing a waste. It does take know how and talent to drag.

cky_bam_marg
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
to the guy that started this post, forget the drag strip thing california speedway has drags once a month for 20 dollars ur better off going to one of those, also there drag strip will be open this saturday for anyone who wants to try there hand at the 1/4th. anywho u should see how mush it will cost to rent out the track coarse in the middle i bet more people would show up to that and it will be a more entertaining experiense :-) well thats just my opinion 125 for a 1/4 is a lil steep especially seeing as how there 1/4th cost 20 bucks when its open to the public.........well just hammer this all out and give us an update on the center track thing.

gofaster87
09-21-2006, 04:58 PM
to the guy that started this post, forget the drag strip thing california speedway has drags once a month for 20 dollars ur better off going to one of those, also there drag strip will be open this saturday for anyone who wants to try there hand at the 1/4th. anywho u should see how mush it will cost to rent out the track coarse in the middle i bet more people would show up to that and it will be a more entertaining experiense :-) well thats just my opinion 125 for a 1/4 is a lil steep especially seeing as how there 1/4th cost 20 bucks when its open to the public.........well just hammer this all out and give us an update on the center track thing.

Now this a real response, unlike some of the other lame ones weve heard from the trackwhores.

G20
09-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Actually AlternativeMotoring used to setup private drag event at Fontana for $100 if I recalled correctly. The only different between the Street Legal and private events is one can only do like 3-4 times and the other like 10+ (or your car shit out).

So let conclude that one is fool-man drag day and the other is the got-some-money-to-spend drag day. :-)

C-Spec
09-21-2006, 08:10 PM
damn for $100 bucks, you know how many Vietnamese sandwiches i could buy ?? a shit load.

EvoJoe
09-21-2006, 08:38 PM
G20 is right, Alternative Motorsports sponsors private track days. I know 100 bucks sounds steep, but you could dial/tune in your car or practice getting down your launches. All make and model cars are there also, so you get a chance to get in some good match races. There have been times that I've been at Fontana and have waited all day just to get in 2 runs.

G20
09-21-2006, 09:29 PM
damn for $100 bucks, you know how many Vietnamese sandwiches i could buy ?? a shit load.

Let me see... $100/2 = 50 sandwitches. that's the special one (most expensive). I can also get the $1.00 (buy 2 get one free for $1.50 each) so will be 100. Damm!

bogey8
09-21-2006, 11:07 PM
$125 is not that bad for a whole day of drag racing. I tried going to the street-legal drag race in Fontana and it was a waste of time specially for someone like me who's new to it. I only got 3 runs. The first one I missed 2nd gear. The 2nd run, I finally timed my shifting right but my UICP blew off. The 3rd run, I got the red light and missed 2nd again. The were too many cars that I never got to run my 4th like most others did.

Considering how much we spend on mods to make our Evos faster, $100 or $125 is not a bad investment to learn how to drive fast.

If my car is ready, I may go. I need a new clutch soon.

C-Spec
09-21-2006, 11:14 PM
LACR. $20 bucks. you get at least 8 runs with cooling down time in between too. Go there if you want to practice.

QuickShifter
09-21-2006, 11:45 PM
I agree with goin to LACR..... When I used to take my wrx it was open wed and fri not sure if its the same now though. On wednesday you could easily get 10 runs if you wanted, easily. 20 bucks. elevation is slightly higher so expect slower times.

Juiced
09-22-2006, 12:01 PM
LACR Will be closing in the next fe months, the lease is upo and it will be turned into homes,

Let's keep this on topic, the Even will be private which means onl;y those who pay and there guest can get in, 100 cars means you can make as many passes as you like and you can setup races with the other participants.

There is no diffrance between this and renting out the road coarse, you have to pay for staffing, insurance and prep, i could say it's a waste to pay $200 on a track day at Willow when you can go to qualcom and hitup the Auto-X for $20

Sure you can pay 20 buck for the street legal events but you have to share the track with 399 other cars if you even make it before it fills up to make 3-4 passes

This is for those who ENJOY to drag race and want to practice launching, No Lift Shifting, or just dialing in there car.

Unfortunately I can't get the same deal that Alternative Motoring gets but it's close enough and i've negotiated that it be free for the drivers guest meaning if you take 2 friends they won't have to pay $10ea to get in, (take their $10 and apply it to your fee)

If you are interested please let me know.

This is turning into a forum vs Forum event, Svtperformance, ls1tech,Ls1gto, SRTforums, and Supraforums will all have representatives for Internet Bragging Rights and possibly some other prizes/goodies

C-Spec
09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
There is no diffrance between this and renting out the road coarse, you have to pay for staffing, insurance and prep, i could say it's a waste to pay $200 on a track day at Willow when you can go to qualcom and hitup the Auto-X for $20

i'm not trying to jack your thread. but this is the dumbest comparison i have ever seen.

pay $100 bucks for private Drag and pay $30 bucks else where still a drag 1/4 mile course.
Auto-X is a parking lot with cones and Willow springs a big track Road Racing.

boostin_terrier
09-22-2006, 08:21 PM
125 bucks to drag race HA!

i mean i havent drag raced in about 4-5 years but back then it was only 20 bucks and we got so many passes on the strip we left before it was over(Seattle International Raceway now known as Pacific Raceways)

Evo8you
09-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Is it me or does every one here bitch about everything.

ie/ Road race the evo not drag race.
It's meant to be on a road course not drag strip,waawaa,boohoo
Then go do what it came from rally racing and shut up!!!!

Evo8you
09-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Back on topic ,It sounds pretty good to me.

C-Spec
09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
it's not they they don't want drag racing, they just can't imagine paying $125 bucks for it when they can get plenty of runs for $20-30 bucks.

cky_bam_marg
09-23-2006, 02:55 AM
yup yup that is correct mister c-spec. the price is good if it was for use of the track coarse, but for drag its a bit much.

as ive stated ealier in this threat and this goes out to the original poster. you should go and see what it woudl cost to rent out the inner track coarse at california speedway and wiegh out ur options of what will it cost and will more people come to a track event or a drag event? and so on and so on and get back to us with a reply as soon as possible.

ant_evo
09-23-2006, 12:48 PM
You can count me in!!
I went there today and got turned away!!
WTF...Only 400 racers alowed,,,, :tickedoff:

EvoJoe
09-23-2006, 05:06 PM
I am interested. Let me know approximately when this will be happening.

Smogrunner
09-24-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm down. I wish it was $100 not 125. I loved the Alternative Motoring private track days. There are lots of reasons that the private days are better:

They bring out the Porsches, Vipers, Z06, Cobra Mustangs, and high end imports like Evos. It is a lot of fun lining up with Vipers.

No shit hole dune buggys, and hollowed out Hondas to fall apart and leak fluids all over the track.

The Alt Motoring events usually went into the night when temperatures drop and weather conditions are ideal to set PRs.

No crowds: race whenever you are ready without long waits...

G20
09-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok! Ok! Count me in. Yeah! $125 is a little steep but it's ok as long as we have fun.

Juiced
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm down. I wish it was $100 not 125. I loved the Alternative Motoring private track days. There are lots of reasons that the private days are better:

They bring out the Porsches, Vipers, Z06, Cobra Mustangs, and high end imports like Evos. It is a lot of fun lining up with Vipers.

No shit hole dune buggys, and hollowed out Hondas to fall apart and leak fluids all over the track.

The Alt Motoring events usually went into the night when temperatures drop and weather conditions are ideal to set PRs.

No crowds: race whenever you are ready without long waits...

The price isn't set yet, it might only end up being $100 or possibly less. I've qouted the worst case scenario.

I wish we could do a night event but rhe new track doesn't have lights up yet.

rollo
09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Isn't the whole point of the Evo that it can do most things well? (i.e. rally, road racing, drag racing, commute, cart your buddies around, take the kids to school, trips to Home Depot etc). There is no right or wrong answer, you just choose the stuff you wanna do with it.

Back on topic, I'm actually interested in this as well. I have no aspirations to drag race regularly, but I've often wondered what kind of 1/4 mile times I could get (without killing the clutch), and I don't wanna embarrass myself or the Evo's good name (or worse - get sucked into a grudge match) at a $20 "make every run count" type of event. At something like this I could just say, oh yeah I'm still dialing in the flux capacitor and nobody would be any the wiser :cool:

QuickShifter
09-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Isn't the whole point of the Evo that it can do most things well?

Back on topic, I'm actually interested in this as well. I have no aspirations to drag race regularly, but I've often wondered what kind of 1/4 mile times I could get (without killing the clutch), and I don't wanna embarrass myself or the Evo's good name

LMAO

rollo
09-25-2006, 05:22 PM
@the #2 douchebag car having anything like a 'good name'? Yeah I guess you might have a point :lol:

SpoolinEVO
10-16-2006, 09:40 AM
count me in on the drag day.