PDA

View Full Version : NASA: Buttonwillow Oct. 14/15

Siyah
09-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Ok folks,

October 14/15 Buttonwillow NASA event... hope to see many Evo's....
If u are looking for me, Black 05 Evo. O0

Siyah

denon728
09-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok folks,

October 14/15 Buttonwillow NASA event... hope to see many Evo's....
If u are looking for me, Black 05 Evo. O0

Siyah

I'll be there. :twisted: :mitsu:

Siyah
09-23-2006, 09:32 PM
if u need instructions let me know ( i will do 1 and 2) ... I enjoy helping fellow Evo guys to get quick arround the track 8)

Siyah

Miss Evo8
09-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Can u post a link for this event please?

denon728
09-24-2006, 10:10 AM

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/list_events

speedform
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I'll be there instructing. Look for the slow white Evo. That'll be me. ;)

see you guys/girls there...

FANUCTECH
09-24-2006, 09:05 PM
New EVO owner.....I would like some instruction........were/how can i sign up!!!!

Richard EVO
09-25-2006, 08:13 AM

Angela -

Have you ever been to a NASA event? If you are running HPDE, I think you may be disappointed at the amount of track time you get. The one NASA event I ran at Buttonwillow I got FOUR 20-minute sessions. That was my whole day. You get a lot more track time with Redline or SpeedVentures.

Miss Evo8
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM

Angela -

Have you ever been to a NASA event?Â* If you are running HPDE, I think you may be disappointed at the amount of track time you get.Â* The one NASA event I ran at Buttonwillow I got FOUR 20-minute sessions.Â* That was my whole day.Â* You get a lot more track time with Redline or SpeedVentures.

No I never have...but I want to try different tracks... I have done Buttonwillow once and that was my very first track day and I had a blast...but thanks for the heads upÂ* O0

Barfly
09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
NASA is more organized and for the most part safer than some of the alternative track event organizations. You actually have corner workers, starters, and safety crew that know what they are doing. It's great for beginners (for the instruction) and the for those that would like to get into racing. I agree that it is a buzzkill to have only 80 minutes of driving time in a given day. It is cheaper though.

I'll try to get there, although I have to get some studying done for my upcoming exam. :'(

Barfly
09-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Mark, is there any event that you are not going to this year? :grin:

rtek
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Definitely interested in this. How to sign up?

Barfly
09-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Mark posted the link above for the NASA events. You have to join NASA, which is $40 for a year membership (includes year subscription to GRM). Then just register on their site. $150 for one day or $225 for the weekend. You will need an approved SA helmet, SA95 or newer. Make sure your car is ready to go. Then just show up and enjoy.Â* O0

speedform
09-25-2006, 12:24 PM
New EVO owner.....I would like some instruction........were/how can i sign up!!!!

Angela -

Have you ever been to a NASA event? If you are running HPDE, I think you may be disappointed at the amount of track time you get. The one NASA event I ran at Buttonwillow I got FOUR 20-minute sessions. That was my whole day. You get a lot more track time with Redline or SpeedVentures.

No I never have...been I want to try different tracks... I have done Buttonwillow once and that was my very first track day and I had a blast...but thanks for the heads up O0

Yes, if your a seasoned track junkie with lots of experience then the alloted NASA track time will disappoint (although there's LOTS of real racing to watch in between!). If your a novice or haven't been to the track before, a NASA instructed event is the best you'll find this side of Skip Barber/Derek Daily style weekend.
And there's usually free BBQ and beer Saturday evenings!

Siyah
09-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Well... I am doing this for quiet some time and 80 minutes (20x4) seat-time a day will make u tired if you get good use of it .
In addition, theory/download session in between, plus lunch break and working on your car (sometimes) will keep you busy.

If u are in Buttonwillow or Willow Springs the heat will get you too....Â* :buck2:

For learning 4x20min is very good...because u are getting a lot info initially and it can be overwhelming sometimes.

NASA is well organized and the learning curve is very steep initially.....make sure your car is in good mechanical condition (so u pass tech-inspection) and make sure u have the correct helmet (NO motorcycle helmet) as mentioned in previous replies..

And if u come with the right attitude and goal in mind u will enjoy the weekend and go home afterwards with a smile on your face.Â* ^-^
Surprisingly you will know more about your capability than what your car is capable of .

See u in BW soon. O0
Siyah

speedform
09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
I think the SuperStreet Mag. time attack qualifying will also be held during the event. Should be interesting and I'll try to confirm. cheers,

Barfly
10-03-2006, 09:15 PM
So, who is going?

Mark
Siyah
Speedform
Myself

Anyone else?

We will be running config #13 CCW. Hope to see others out there.

Evo8supercar
10-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Agree with Richard, with Nasa you better have a car running 100% perfect, because if you need any time working on your car forget it, with all the mandatory download sessions and rules, feel like I am in the Army again.
Plus their always packed with so many cars.

speedform
10-04-2006, 03:15 PM
So, who is going?

Mark
Siyah
Speedform
Myself

Anyone else?

We will be running config #13 CCW. Hope to see others out there.

There's usually a pretty good contingent of Evo's at NASA events.I imagine many of them don't post here.

Richard EVO
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
I might actually be there for a little while on Sat. (or maybe Sun. instead), not to run with NASA, but to bring up a couple of tires and get them mounted. My car is at the 7s only shop getting safety equipment installed, and I want to have all my tires ready for the open test and tune on Nov. 3 after they finish with the car. I'll stop by to say hi to the EVO owners and watch you run a session if I make it up there this weekend.

Barfly
10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Sounds good. See you there.

speedform
10-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I might actually be there for a little while on Sat. (or maybe Sun. instead), not to run with NASA, but to bring up a couple of tires and get them mounted. My car is at the 7s only shop getting safety equipment installed, and I want to have all my tires ready for the open test and tune on Nov. 3 after they finish with the car. I'll stop by to say hi to the EVO owners and watch you run a session if I make it up there this weekend.

Richard,

Did 7's only give you a price for the cage install?

speedform
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Rain in the forcast (30% chance). Everyone remember to pack your rubbers!

Barfly
10-15-2006, 10:19 PM

I stopped by the 7s only shop and they hadn't started on your car yet. It looks like they do good work though and the pricing is reasonable. Let me know how it works out.

denon728
10-16-2006, 08:18 PM

I stopped by the 7s only shop and they hadn't started on your car yet. It looks like they do good work though and the pricing is reasonable. Let me know how it works out.

Congratulations on the bronze in time trials Barfly. :-o

Barfly
10-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks hoss. I still can't get over how tight that class was. 1st-4th separated by a half second.

Here is a session from Sunday. Jay Hale was in the 350Z in front. With the pregrid positioning, it looks as if we are the only ones on track. It was a lot of fun.

http://www.mediamax.com/barfly30/Hosted/bw.c13.oct15.s3.divx

Remember to use Divx and change the aspect ratio to 16:9, otherwise it will look a little distorted.

evobeaner
10-16-2006, 10:36 PM
great driving barfly. you guys looked pretty evenly matched. was he turboed btw.
what times did you guys run?

Barfly
10-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, it was a fun session. I am not used to running that tight as I wasn't passing anyone and no one was passing me. I apparently ran out of pad on the inside fronts as usually my braking is a little more crisp. I didn't know that definitively until the very next session, first hotlap when I couldn't stop :). He ran a 205.8 and I ran a 206.1 that session. Once I get that cage, I might push a little more but I felt that I was running pretty decent. My line through the sweeper after the essess wasn't as wide as it should have been as I got better exit speeds on previous runs.

Richard EVO
10-17-2006, 06:28 AM
What configuration and direction were you running?

Barfly
10-17-2006, 07:39 AM

13CCW

Richard EVO
10-17-2006, 07:53 AM

13CCW

Is that 13 with the original buttonhook, or the newer, wider "A" turn?

Barfly
10-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Original buttonhook.

Richard EVO
10-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Your laptime is good. At the last SV event on 13 (CW, actually), I was running about 3 seconds slower than your best. Would I have been competitive with some of the HPDE 4 field (obviously, not the leaders)?

Barfly
10-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Your laptime is good. At the last SV event on 13 (CW, actually), I was running about 3 seconds slower than your best. Would I have been competitive with some of the HPDE 4 field (obviously, not the leaders)?

You would have been in the TTU class. Russ Warr ran a 155 in a Crawford STI. Another guy also ran a 155 in the TTU class. With your added HP, you would probably have to run less than 2 minutes to be competitive.

Barfly
10-17-2006, 08:31 AM

How much awhp do you have? Warr had 460awhp. He is also running stoptechs and I'm sure his suspension is no joke either.

ryan0
10-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Your laptime is good. At the last SV event on 13 (CW, actually), I was running about 3 seconds slower than your best.

CW 13 is usually a second or 2 faster.

ryan0
10-17-2006, 08:37 AM
155 in a Crawford STI. Another guy also ran a 155 in the TTU class.

1.55 is fast.

Barfly
10-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah, no joke. I would see a glimpse of him in my rear view mirror and by the next corner he was ready to pass. :-o He has a fast car, but he is also a very clean, good driver.

hagakure
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
TTU is shaping up to be a very fast class. I'm glad I'm in TTA. Up here in norcal at t-hill the TTU record is 1:56+ now (with bypass). the TTA record is held by Robi at 2:01.9....I"m gunning for that by early next year....Russ Warr is an excellent driver, and that is one hell of a nicely sorted car to boot. Overall there are a lot of fast drivers in TT it's competitive. I've got a 2nd and a 4th in the 2 events I've run this year in norcal TTA. Hoping to win one at the t-hill weekend 11/11,12. We'll see if hoosiers and weekly indoor Karting for the past 3 months helps at all!