PDA

View Full Version : MRevo9 and NLakind get pulled over, pics included

Will
09-24-2006, 02:32 AM
So we honestly hit one of the canyon roads to do an improptu photoshoot... there was nothing else to do. We get Nick to wash his car (since Dima insists on having a dirty POS), and head up to the hills. I know this spot in Woodland Hills thats nearby, we get out and while I'm setting up the camera a cop pulls up and has Dima and Nick open their hoods, get registration, etc. He doesn't need me (I didn't drive) so I continue taking photos.

http://www.willsweat.com/forum_images/evo_web/evo_chp_sideview.jpg

Needless to say, the cop ends up being a pretty cool guy. There was a fatality on the road earlier that day (someone driving faster than they should) and a guy in a Honda he just sent to impound before he met us. So the obvious question was asked "Can you hang out for a bit so we can take pics?"

"Sure" he says.

"Oh, can you turn off your headlights and keep the gumballs going?"

http://www.willsweat.com/forum_images/evo_web/evo_chp.jpg

http://www.willsweat.com/forum_images/evo_web/chp_side.jpg

... and the reason we went through all this trouble in the first place ...

http://www.willsweat.com/forum_images/evo_web/valley_view.jpg

I got more pics, but it's 2am and I don't want to stay up anymore.

-Will

thisxguy
09-24-2006, 02:40 AM
looks good. so the cop made guys pop your hoods...or is that part of your staged photoshoot? lol

Chris in SD
09-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Did they get written up for anything? I hate getting "pulled over" when I'm already stopped.

NMREJ6
09-24-2006, 08:44 AM
:2funny: great photoshoot. I really like shot #3. So, did the CHP officer know what he was looking for when he made you pop the hoods?? Or just wanted to look at your guys engine bay??

*chris*
09-24-2006, 10:28 AM
awesome ...at least he was cool about it.

DTunedEvoX
09-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Very awesome .. Dima hit me up earlier yesterday to do a photoshoot but I had other obligations and parties to attend ... Looks to have turned out pretttty good :) Sweet job dudez!

wj4
09-24-2006, 10:55 AM
lol i was going to be in on this too but i already made plans with a friend.

v8hater
09-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Nices pics... the 4th one is the best IMO.

ArBizZzLe
09-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Some nice pics!

G20
09-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Nice and very unique pics especially the one which the "officer" bending down looking at the intake. The LA down-below pic is also look very good.

wj4
09-24-2006, 11:47 AM
lol good thing both of you guys are stock or near stock. he probably heard dimitri's bov from all the way down the mountain, lol. where is this in woodland hills?
it kinda looks like santa susana but thats in chatsworth.

nlakind
09-24-2006, 12:03 PM
thisxguy: "looks good. so the cop made guys pop your hoods...or is that part of your staged photoshoot? lol"

Chris In SD:"Did they get written up for anything? I hate getting "pulled over" when I'm already stopped."

NMREJ6: "great photoshoot. I really like shot #3. So, did the CHP officer know what he was looking for when he made you pop the hoods?? Or just wanted to look at your guys engine bay??"

The cop actually did make us pop our hoods, that was real, he said that he had already impounded a "Moded Honda" earlier in the day & that he was towing anything that had ANY illegal engine modifications.

He didn't end up writing us up for anything, we were cooperative & just were honest with him about everythign & he ended up showing some respect for us & ended up loving the EVO, lol!!!

& yes, he knew exactly what he was looking for under the hood...

nlakind
09-24-2006, 12:03 PM
lol good thing both of you guys are stock or near stock. he probably heard dimitri's bov from all the way down the mountain, lol. where is this in woodland hills?
it kinda looks like santa susana but thats in chatsworth.

& it's actually up Topanga Canyon...

jdmstop
09-24-2006, 12:07 PM
awesome pics! ya guys lucked out this time :)

Will
09-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Definitely not staged

http://www.willsweat.com/forum_images/evo_web/cop_looking.jpg

For non-photo people: Dima and Nick are blurry because I had to hold the shutter for 2 sec, due to the lack of sunlight.

NMREJ6
09-24-2006, 01:05 PM
did he give any indication to what he found under your hood on anything modified that shoudn't be there?? just curious

MRevo9
09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
did he give any indication to what he found under your hood on anything modified that shoudn't be there?? just curious

when he was looking under my hood he was asking me about my apex grounding kit, when i explained to him what it does he said "Thanks pretty cool, Ive never seen that before", also when was looking at the intake needed to see the federal approval (carb legal sticker). thats about it

rino
09-24-2006, 01:33 PM
lol get rid of that bov dima

MRevo9
09-24-2006, 01:34 PM
hahaha

[p]dOG.
09-24-2006, 02:39 PM
:2funny: great photoshoot. I really like shot #3. So, did the CHP officer know what he was looking for when he made you pop the hoods?? Or just wanted to look at your guys engine bay??

^ +1 #3 is bad ass!!! awesome shots man!

Mister
09-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Definitely not staged

http://www.willsweat.com/forum_images/evo_web/cop_looking.jpg

For non-photo people: Dima and Nick are blurry because I had to hold the shutter for 2 sec, due to the lack of sunlight.

DAMN! Check out those HUGE Russian calves! :lol:

wj4
09-24-2006, 09:16 PM
& yes, he knew exactly what he was looking for under the hood...
..a shiny intake? i wonder if one of you guys were to have say gt35, would he be able to detect it? lol.
dimitri has all the bling mods...intake, loud ass bov, and grounding kit with red LED blinding you.

where on topanga cyn was this? was it by the mall?

Macky
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
funny shit.

DJ_STEPH
09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
haha nice pics man!
more pics pls!! if u have more..

NMREJ6
09-24-2006, 10:52 PM

when he was looking under my hood he was asking me about my apex grounding kit, when i explained to him what it does he said "Thanks pretty cool, Ive never seen that before", also when was looking at the intake needed to see the federal approval (carb legal sticker). thats about it

i see. More pics plz O0 ....

russian calves ... that made me crack up :2funny:

EVOL EDO
09-25-2006, 12:10 AM
so neither of you had mods other than intake or grounding wires? no mbc no ic piping no illegally modified exhaust?

OmegaEvo
09-25-2006, 12:25 AM
bump on the real nice looking shots

nlakind
09-25-2006, 01:06 AM
so neither of you had mods other than intake or grounding wires? no mbc no ic piping no illegally modified exhaust?

I have exhaust but after he looked in my engine & saw that nothing was there he asked me questions about anything done besides engine work & I told him that I had only had the car 3 weeks & hadn't had time to do anything yet & he believed me & moved on to Dima's car...

GokuSSJ4
09-25-2006, 01:23 AM
do any of you guys have a MBC and was the cop able to see and question the mod ????

HaVoK23
09-25-2006, 02:18 AM
That CHP dude always sits right there at the top over looking the SFV....A heads up for anyone that rolls thru Topanga...slow down right around there...or go old school.

Unstroked
09-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Cool pics...Â* Did you guys ask him if he would be available for future shoots? :coolsmiley:Â* LOL....

Will
09-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the compliments, glad you liked 'em.

I need to photoshop the other pics before I post, they didnt turn out as well as I liked. I also have to scour through my pics of the Crystal Cove meet from earlier that day. I'll try to get the others tonight/tomorrow'ish

nlakind
09-25-2006, 12:17 PM
do any of you guys have a MBC and was the cop able to see and question the mod ????

Not yet! But I need to get one...

Dmoney
09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Finally a photoshoot thats not repetitive and very unique. Awesome job!

MRevo9
09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
thanks

JDMC-WestEVO
09-25-2006, 01:23 PM
looks like top of the world where piuma, topanga, and stunt meet

Mister
09-25-2006, 02:21 PM
looks like top of the world where piuma, topanga, and stunt meet

Piuma, topanga, and stunt do not meet anywhere! Stunt and schueren meet at the top of the world.

The Emperor
09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
hahha sweet pics! did the cop say anything about the CARB sticker?

cuz when i got pulled over the cop said my CARB sticker was fake and he told me he is gonna write me up next time he pulls me over with the intake back on!! haha the hell?!

oh yea whats with all the cars getting pulled over?

is it quota time?

MRevo9
09-25-2006, 02:42 PM
hahha sweet pics! did the cop say anything about the CARB sticker?

cuz when i got pulled over the cop said my CARB sticker was fake and he told me he is gonna write me up next time he pulls me over with the intake back on!! haha the hell?!

well, when he was looking at my stuff, he asked where is the federal regulation sticker (im my head i was like WTF is a federal regulation sticker...), then i showed him the carb sticker and he said "oh ok" thanks about it

oh and btw you avatar is hella hot, who is that?

JDMC-WestEVO
09-25-2006, 03:17 PM
wat intake do u have that is CARB legal

Mister
09-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I think he has an Injen intake.

JDMC-WestEVO
09-25-2006, 03:42 PM
hmmm nice i wish mine was CARB legal

MRevo9
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM
i have the AEM