PDA

View Full Version : Flip up nav w/ stereo relocation kit

Blaze
09-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Has anyone done a nav system with a stereo re-location kit?

I added a craig hardy gauge panel to the car and relocated the stereo below where the OE gauges/cubby hole are. I see a big issue with a flip up din striking the dash. I don't want to make an unsightly adaptor if I can avoid it. But I wanted to see if anyone else has done this, how and which what brands?

Also, I'm not interested in running the double din system as it would eliminate my existing gauge panel which takes precedence over my audio woes.

Thanks in advance,

Blaze

C-Spec
09-26-2006, 10:42 AM
why would you want you do that? even if you want to, you can't anyway because of the angle, you won't beable to flip the NAv screen all the way up/back.

ultraflip
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
rob had it done with the stereo relocation kit in his evo before... kind've low... visibility is perfectly fine for the driver and passenger... passenger's knee may bump into it on occasion though...

regards
flip

Blaze
09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
rob had it done with the stereo relocation kit in his evo before... kind've low... visibility is perfectly fine for the driver and passenger... passenger's knee may bump into it on occasion though...

regards
flip

Thanks flip. I'll hit up Rob this afternoon and see how he did the install.

Blaze

verano
09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
is this what you're looking for? i have a pioneer avic n1...
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12512/pic1.jpg
and
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12512/pic2.jpg

MyGlue
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM

regards
flip

+1

MRevo9
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
so it does fit!

Blaze
10-02-2006, 11:52 AM
That exactly what I needed to know and see.
Thanks a lot bro!

O0

Blaze
10-02-2006, 11:53 AM
BTW, who did the install and was there any customization required??

EvuseIX
10-02-2006, 12:00 PM
^^nope just get the relocation kit and you should be ok.

EvuseIX
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
oh yeah, I forgot if you are going to do this yourself make sure that the wires don`t get tangled in the back `coz space is limited. O0

j_nizzle
10-02-2006, 12:06 PM
so it does fit!

that's what she said!!!!

verano
10-04-2006, 02:53 PM
BTW, who did the install and was there any customization required??

^^nope just get the relocation kit and you should be ok.

i did the install myself and did not use the brackets included in the reloc kit......just use the sleeves that came with the navi unit and the bolt that attaches to the back of the unit for support.

Lagsux
10-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Just curious, but would the deck installed in the stock location be better with the flip up screen? I can understand the gauges are easier to access, but from all accounts... My understanding is that the factory gauges aren't too accurate to begin with????

I'd prolly leave the deck up top, so I'd get to enjoy the screen more....

Blaze
11-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes, it'd be much easier all around to put it where the OEM stereo fits.
However, I have a gauge cluster installed there that I don't otherwise care to relocate. Which is why I want to mount a unit below with the relocation kit.

So many wires, I wish I wasn't color blind.....

Just curious, but would the deck installed in the stock location be better with the flip up screen? I can understand the gauges are easier to access, but from all accounts... My understanding is that the factory gauges aren't too accurate to begin with????

I'd prolly leave the deck up top, so I'd get to enjoy the screen more....

CRX2EVO
12-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Do you really need to buy the relocation kit? Someone on evom yesterday was saying they moved their radio without one.

CRX2EVO
12-05-2006, 11:46 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=105887

OLIVER IX
12-25-2006, 02:06 AM
i put a flip up dvd in my wifes evo with the stereo relocation kit. you can view it fine and im 6ft1 and i havnt had a problem bumping it at all. i had to somewhat adjust the deck slightly out and i couldnt use the original mounting hardware i had to get creative. but you can install it. and make it work perfectly

evo05
06-24-2007, 09:56 PM
is there a place to get the evo stereo relocation kit???

jaydm73
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
bringing this up from the dead, when the screen's coming out does it hit the shift knob?

verano
06-28-2007, 02:41 PM
bringing this up from the dead, when the screen's coming out does it hit the shift knob?

mine doesn't

tabio42
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
So many wires, I wish I wasn't color blind.....

Are you seriously color blind? I can mark all the wire colors for you with those mini post-its!

MRevo9
07-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Do you really need to buy the relocation kit? Someone on evom yesterday was saying they moved their radio without one.

mike, unless you have the oem guages then you dont need the relocation kit(like the MR and the RS) but if you dont have them... then you might want to buy the relocation kit.

S2myEVO
07-15-2007, 02:06 AM
no one reads dates on this board.

necro bump!

i

S2myEVO
07-15-2007, 02:07 AM
what the hell it wont let me say what i typed....FILTER!?!?!?

S2myEVO
07-15-2007, 02:08 AM
i heart noobs.

i should make it a sticker and put it up on the top part of my passenger side windshield just like those silly hondas.

there we go...i guess if u put a less than symbol. anything else gets cut out. stupid HTML

tabio42
07-15-2007, 10:30 AM
What the fuck is the internet?

ssp
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
sorry for the "necro" bump but our advice on doing something like is that you dont do it!

we like to build custom systems that are user friendly and allow for usage of the HVAC controls. we would recommend for those that want gauges in the oem head unit area that we build a custom double-din in the cubby-hole area to the console that houses the shifter for a double din or just use a single-din unit that has dvd/nav...we sell a JVC unit that does this very well and have it in our BMW M-coupe.

for reference, if someone were to want this, we'd use the JVC KD-NX5000 unit. single din dvd/nav system 3.5" monitor...great unit in our opinion.

sorry again for bringing back a dead thread. just wanted to give some potential customers an option.