PDA

View Full Version : 20G turbo and 272 cams

JDMevoracer
09-28-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm possibly looking at a 20G turbo upgrade along with 272 cams. I interested to hear any opinions anyone has on this.

j_nizzle
09-28-2006, 09:03 AM
unless someone already made 272's for the 9, i dont think either is good choice. there are plenty of threads about the 20g and how worthless it is compared to other turbos. as for your car, a 280 exhaust cam and tune will do you more good. or you can shell out your hard earned money for a complete cam set by cosworth...do some research.

JDMevoracer
09-28-2006, 09:08 AM
My goal is to get 400whp and I'm trying to find the best approach. I'm trying to keep in mind reliability as well because I drive my car everyday. Do you have any suggestions?

kimletrim
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
A 20G upgrade from an Evo 8 turbo is is more worthwhile than an upgrade from an Evo 9 to the 20G.Â* IMHO, I think 400hp on any TD05-16G shell is really stretching it, Evo 8 or 9, unless you use it with meth or alky injection.

JDMevoracer
09-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Which route should I go then to get 400whp? Or should I just go for 500whp?

GokuSSJ4
09-28-2006, 09:32 AM
My goal is to get 400whp and I'm trying to find the best approach. I'm trying to keep in mind reliability as well because I drive my car everyday. Do you have any suggestions?
unless you plan to run c-16 all the time, you will not see 400whp w/ the stock turbo. The most #s i have seen on pump gas utilizing the stock unit (TD05-16G) is around 345-350whp and thats pushing it.
Unless you plan to add alky, water injection or meth to the equation if you still want to keep those goal, your best bet is to purchase a bigger turbo like : 50bb, 3071r or 3076r )

trinydex
09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
they have 272s from cossie for the 9 arriving soon.

jdmracer... i've been watching your posts and i don't like what you're doing. but everyone starts somewhere. this thread is now in the faq section where it belongs.

being this is an faq thread now.

you need to first ask yourself what am i going to do with this car? then you need to start upgrading in stages and continually ask yourself, is this enough, do i have enough money to plan for the next stage.

if you don't have the money, stop dreaming about hte next stage cuz then you'll screw yourself out of a tire budget and an oil change and fluid change budget. if you have the money then proceed with caution because you need to plan ahead carefully... not say, oh this turbo looks like it works and then come on here and be like: HEY GUYS WHAT SHOULD I WHO THE FUCK THIS TURBO????

so first tell us what you wanna do. then tell us what the car is for. then we'll advise you accordingly but NOT before you advance through the STAGED UPGRADES which you can find at the top of this forum.

j_nizzle
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM

this has been beaten up like someone beat the white into michael jackson and then some. so many people come on this forum and want that specific number for god knows what reason and none have posted that and have followed through with it.