PDA

View Full Version : Muellerized SCCA Double Regional this weekend at Laguna Seca

Muellerized...
09-28-2006, 11:27 AM
http://www.sfrscca.org/Calendar/index.html

http://www.sfrscca.org/Calendar/Schedule/06Sept29Laguna.pdf

This weekend is the SCCA's Salute to Lee Mueller weekend. Dad was one of the top road racers in the USA in his era, driving for 5 different factory backed teams over his 26 year career, winning 4 SCCA National Championships, IMSA GTU Championship, 3 time winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, etc etc. We are celebrating his life at the track, 5 years after his passing, it would be great if we could share this time with the Evo community. There will be a gathering at the SCCA social Saturday after the track activities.

http://www.muellerized.com/videos/index.php?path=Lee_Mueller/

Richard EVO
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I can't make it to Laguna Seca this weekend, but I'll be with you in spirit.Â* It's great that you can honor your dad this way.Â* Enjoy the moment.

Muellerized...
09-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I can't make it to Laguna Seca this weekend, but I'll be with you is spirit. It's great that you can honor your dad this way. Enjoy the moment.

It is certainly a special privledge to honor Dad this weekend, especially at Laguna Seca, the scene of some of his most memorable victories. My teammates have all made _a lot_ of sacrifices to make this event happen, and they all never cease to amaze me with their generosity.

http://www.muellerized.com/videos/index.php?path=Lee_Mueller%2FLaguna_Seca/

We have 3 Vipers to beat down this weekend, with 23 cars in our class, and 62 cars in the race group.

Blak94GSX
09-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah I'll be there helping out with the Viper beatdown... :p

Skiracer
09-28-2006, 02:35 PM
oh, are you running the Eclipse or Evo?

Blak94GSX
09-28-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm part of the crew. They let me hang out in the pits with them and drink all their water if the motor runs good.

Barfly
09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm part of the crew. They let me hang out in the pits with them and drink all their water if the motor runs good.

:)

Have a good weekend.

WOT
09-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Best of luck this weekend!

Maybe a Zanardi inspired pass or 2 this weekend???

Gotta utilize those big a$$ brakes!

Miss Evo8
09-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Goodluck and best wishes that nothing BREAKS!

Muellerized Evos > ALL !!!!!!!

Muellerized...
09-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Today we had back to back races, finishing 2nd in Super Production, clinching the season points championship, then after a quick pit stop, we ran the ITE race, winning by 7 seconds after a heated battle with the fastest of the 3 Vipers that are here, the Viper lowering the race lap record, besting our best lap 1:34.8 with his 1:34.72. After the 2 races we had qualifying for Sunday's pair of ITE races, taking pole position with a new qualifying lap record, Vipers 2nd and 3rd on the grid behind us, then the Evo was the centerpiece at the SCCA social at the end of the day going on into the late evening.

Blak94GSX
09-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah congrats to Kent Jordan and the Road Race gang for an awesome performance yesterday and today! Continuing on through tomorrow...

I hope that pass and then repass on the Viper comes out on the video. Was some quality driving today.

C-Spec
09-30-2006, 11:11 PM
can i come too ?? i will bring 5 jdm girls for you Scot. :2funny:

Muellerized...
09-30-2006, 11:18 PM
The video is awesome, passing a viper a couple of car lengths ahead from the outside entering turn 2 at the start is one of the bright spots of Kent's young race driving career.

Thanks for the help Scot, you are always an excellent teammate and a tremendous asset for my racing team. We will do our best to continue the beatings Sunday morning.

Blak94GSX
10-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Kent made it look easy against the vipers today. I thought those things were supposed to be fast?? :p

Senshi
10-01-2006, 12:46 AM
wow big congrats what sounds like it was a very exciting day good luck for tomorrow O0

Blak94GSX
10-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Another exciting day today as well (Sunday)! Congrats to Kent Jordan and the Muellerized Road Race Chassis team for taking two more victories today! I think that makes 23 consecutive wins in ITE, and locks up the championship in SP (Super Production). Kent has a large lead in the ITE championship as well.

This was a Double event, which normally means it is like 2 race weekends in one with double the normal amount of races in a weekend. To make things even more difficult, Kent runs the car in 2 classes, Super Production (SP) and Improved Touring E (ITE). Lots of preparation goes into building a car that not only can win races against tough opponents, but also having the car run flawlessly for numerous practice sessions, 4 qualifying sessions, and 4 races. Several of the sessions were back to back leaving just barely enough time to pit the car for fuel and tires.

Smogrunner
10-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Congrats. Looking forward to some video.

slider
10-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Scott, thanks for driving up and helping us pull off another weekend of wins and track records.Â* This is getting a bit too easy(for the driver ;)).Â* But I like it that way!

Â* Â* Mueller and Co., you guys simply amaze me.Â*

Â* Â* -Kent

Â* Â* Thanks for the kudos guys and special thanks to you boys(and girls) who showed up to have fun with us.

Miss Evo8
10-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Congrats Kent on the wins.....but then again I didn't expect anything less :roll:

Once again Muellerized Evo > all

Barfly
10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
That's awesome guys. You guys are kicking ass! O0

I will try and attend one of your races soon. I wish I could have seen this past weekend's event.

Skiracer
10-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Awesome! Post some videoes and the trophy!

leaveit2bevo
10-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Awesome! Post some videoes and the trophy!

ellll ya

Muellerized...
10-03-2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.laprecord.com/Part-144/Chap-04/Ch-Index.htm

speedform
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice John. Your pops would have been proud.

Mannyc
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Today we had back to back races, finishing 2nd in Super Production, clinching the season points championship, then after a quick pit stop, we ran the ITE race, winning by 7 seconds after a heated battle with the fastest of the 3 Vipers that are here, the Viper lowering the race lap record, besting our best lap 1:34.8 with his 1:34.72. After the 2 races we had qualifying for Sunday's pair of ITE races, taking pole position with a new qualifying lap record, Vipers 2nd and 3rd on the grid behind us, then the Evo was the centerpiece at the SCCA social at the end of the day going on into the late evening.

John, great event and social -- your dad seemed like an awesome guy (great stories.)

It was good running against the Mullerized evo. I know you make it easy for Kent (wink... wink) but hopefully my Viper has more for him next time. Actually, the Viper will have the same amount for him, but the driver will have more :-) Those of you that dont know me, I own a street Evo and the Viper that took pole in one of the races, but always ended up placing 2nd behind Kent. I really wish my car would not have broke on that last race, as it was going well and I think would have provided a good challenge for Kent and his car. The part that broke on my car isn't something that typically breaks, but it was severe enough to end my race.

Now that I have a weekend of track experience at Laguna Seca, you guys better bring your best game next time we meet (muah ha ha!) I plan on resetting the track record and breaking your streak. I was able to knock off about a second from my best time at both Willow Springs and Button Willow the 2nd time I went there. If that stands true for Laguna ..... :-)

I'm still amazed that your car can run door to door down the straight with my car without blowing up. That was sick!

Cheers,

Manny

PS: Get the GTS-R Viper fixed and bring it to Laguna to run in the SP class. Let's see Kent drive a "hold onto yer nuts" car --- sooooo much fun!!!

Richard EVO
10-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Manny -

How is your g/f doing?

Muellerized...
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
PS: Get the GTS-R Viper fixed and bring it to Laguna to run in the SP class. Let's see Kent drive a "hold onto yer nuts" car --- sooooo much fun!!!

I think we will continue to run the Evo, you would know it as the "hold onto the checkered flag, qualifying and race lap records, 1st place trophy car." :knuppel2:

It is soooo much fun having Vipers there, the pics of you guys running 2nd, 3rd and 4th are sweet. :twisted:

Thanks for coming out to the event, I can make it closer next time by supplying you with more than one of our crew guys, just let me know... O0

Mannyc
10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
You guys ran real well. I knew it would be hard to beat the champ car at a track I've never been to before. Come on down to Button Willow or Willow Springs and let's play. Do you know when that will be? :twisted:

-Manny

blkside
10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Thats awesome. I am glad you could celebrate your dads accomplishments while making some of your own. Make sure you keep the video handy this time. I wanna see it next time I get to the house...

Mannyc
10-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Manny -

How is your g/f doing?

She's doing better thanks. She is schedule for surgery next week on her hand and then she should be done and fully recovered by December (her neck is the part that takes the longest.)

-M

slider
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM

John, great event and social -- your dad seemed like an awesome guy (great stories.)

It was good running against the Mullerized evo. I know you make it easy for Kent (wink... wink) but hopefully my Viper has more for him next time. Actually, the Viper will have the same amount for him, but the driver will have more :-) Those of you that dont know me, I own a street Evo and the Viper that took pole in one of the races, but always ended up placing 2nd behind Kent. I really wish my car would not have broke on that last race, as it was going well and I think would have provided a good challenge for Kent and his car. The part that broke on my car isn't something that typically breaks, but it was severe enough to end my race.

Now that I have a weekend of track experience at Laguna Seca, you guys better bring your best game next time we meet (muah ha ha!) I plan on resetting the track record and breaking your streak. I was able to knock off about a second from my best time at both Willow Springs and Button Willow the 2nd time I went there. If that stands true for Laguna ..... :-)

I'm still amazed that your car can run door to door down the straight with my car without blowing up. That was sick!

Cheers,

Manny

Manny, you putz, I'm always holding my nuts when racing! Doesn't everyone?

You obviously haven't figured out the riddle from the other board yet!

Mannyc
10-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Nah, the nut holding for me starts when Im not sure if my car can handle what I'm about to ask it to do (like go flat out through turn 8 at willow springs. Laguna didn't have me holding my nuts like Willow Springs does. Means I wasn't on the edge yet. There were a couple, "Aw shit" and "Oh Damn!"'s, though. Love Laguna.

Kent, I was just watching one of the videos of you in front of me. Do you think I can shave half a second if I throw dirt all over the guys behind me? :2funny:

slider
10-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Nah, the nut holding for me starts when Im not sure if my car can handle what I'm about to ask it to do (like go flat out through turn 8 at willow springs. Laguna didn't have me holding my nuts like Willow Springs does. Means I wasn't on the edge yet. There were a couple, "Aw shit" and "Oh Damn!"'s, though. Love Laguna.

Kent, I was just watching one of the videos of you in front of me. Do you think I can shave half a second if I throw dirt all over the guys behind me? :2funny:

It requires skill so hold off for now

Muellerized...
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
It requires skill so hold off for now

More pics:
http://www3.jsbc.cc/gallery2/v/Car-Stuff/Track_Days/Muellerized_double_regional_2006_10_01/