PDA

View Full Version : 626 Meet Location Suggestions

unit_121
10-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Alrighty, the poll is almost closed, me and jayvolution would like to know what areas you guys are coming from so we can post suggestions. So please post your screen name next to the city your coming from, and location your suggest closest to your area

unit_121 - Alhambra

Evoegg
10-04-2006, 12:00 PM
alright lets make this happen. But before any suggestions, can anyone tell me what type of locations are we looking for? some place have good foods? or some place with good parking? or some place without cops?

There are good foods all around but the parking gets crazy all the time.(how about $4.95 Ribeye steak + 2 eggs?)

If foods are not important, I know some place with HUGE parking lot and barely people there. (10s Rosemead Blvd, IHOP)

If security is the key, there are many Underground parking lot on Valley Blvd.(Those Asian Plaza)

but anyway

1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra

Evoegg

evomrguy
10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
3.evomrguy - 909 (But I meet up at charles work in west covina, so thats where Ill be coming from)

chuckdashi
10-04-2006, 08:34 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
3.evomrguy - 909 (But I meet up at charles work in west covina, so thats where Ill be coming from)
4.chuckdashi- covina/san dimas area but ill be driving from work in chino....

*by the way any of you guys going to the chino meet tom?

wirespeed
10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
5.wirespeed - san gabriel

how are the meets at Kohls? Any cops/people bothering you guys?
ive been wanting to go but im usually busy on Fridays

jayvolution
10-04-2006, 08:52 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
6. jayvolution - west covina

chuckdashi
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra

how are the meets at Kohls? Any cops/people bothering you guys?
ive been wanting to go but im usually busy on Fridays
meets are done every other thursday.. theres one tom... you should drop by its a really cool meet... no hassels and no jackasses... well one or two but everyone either ignores em or just laughs at em and they just go away.... really cool and huge meet from nsx's to g35's to evo's ect.... i know the 626(covina crew) would be there tom...

AWDTURBO
10-04-2006, 09:03 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
7. awdturbo - San Gabriel

evobong
10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina

evobong
10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok guys here a location for us... Irwindale Speedway that no body gonna bother us at all and the only draw back is you going to pay for the entrance either $10 just to watch the race or $20 to drag race you car.Â* We can hang around on the parking lot (bring a folding chair) or watch the race.

This only my suggestion.

chuckdashi
10-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok guys here a location for us... Irwindale Speedway that no body gonna bother us at all and the only draw back is you going to pay for the entrance either $10 just to watch the race or $20 to drag race you car. We can hang around on the parking lot (bring a folding chair) or watch the race.

This only my suggestion.
i think we need something for a weekly basis meet master bong

evomrguy
10-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah Im not really down with spending money on our weekly meet spot just to hang out. But your thinking and I like that.

BoosTHi
10-05-2006, 12:37 AM
What happen to the Golfland meet area...but lot right off the freeway....

xEviLxVIIIx
10-05-2006, 06:45 AM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
9. xEviLxVIIIx - work in west covina, live in montebello

MexicanEVO
10-05-2006, 08:28 AM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
10. MexicanEVO - Live in Monterey Park, work in Calabasas

unit_121
10-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I dunno...everyone here lives in San Gabriel...Kohls is the biggest parking lot, surrounded on all 4 corners by walls....any other suggestions???

unit_121
10-05-2006, 11:12 AM
that ballys on rosemead of the 10 west has a big lot and a big parking structure, we can meet on the top floor of the parking structure F &F 3 style

shadowist
10-05-2006, 12:31 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
11. shadowist - baldwin park

AWDTURBO
10-05-2006, 12:41 PM
the ballys parking structure has a security in a golf cart driving around, i dont think thats a good idea plus its a drive for drinks and food. but in the same shopping complex there is a target w/ a huge parking lot and starbucks and food in the same parking area

AWDTURBO
10-05-2006, 12:43 PM
i figure a place somewhere along the 605 between the 10 and the 60. Thats about in the middle of both meets.

unit_121
10-05-2006, 12:57 PM
how about home depot? we can make home made boost controllers...j/k O0

that starbucks parking lot sounds good to me

AWDTURBO
10-05-2006, 01:33 PM
bump for new location!

jayvolution
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
+11111111111111111111111111111

500whp
10-10-2006, 08:34 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
12. 500whp - Hacienda Heights

andyluk
10-11-2006, 04:07 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
13. andyluk - live in Arcadia, skool in Riverside(=.=)

240sxmonster
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina

14. 240sxmonster-Rosemead

GravelMR
10-13-2006, 01:29 AM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
15. GravelMr - Covina/San Dimas (Work in Walnut 10-6)

mister thura
11-12-2006, 06:55 PM
1.unit_121 - Alhambra
2.Evoegg - Alhambra
8. evobong - West Covina
15. GravelMr - Covina/San Dimas (Work in Walnut 10-6)
16. mister thura - temple city

mister thura
11-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't mean to double post, but if you live near the Temple City area, theres a place called Tenju's where a lot of people hang out at night. It's in the plaza on the corner of Las Tunas and Rosemead next to Ono Hawaiin BBQ. Rumor has it a girl with a Skyline GTR goes there often. :-o

jayvolution
11-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Alhambra
Alhambra
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* west covina covina/san dimas
san gabriel
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*west covina
San Gabriel
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*West Covina
montebello
Monterey Park
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*baldwin park
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Hacienda Heights
Â* Arcadia
Rosemead
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Covina/San Dimas
temple city

Â* Â* 9Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* 6

in a very messy and lazy manner i split up the cities into two columns. grouping up cities closest to each other. a total of 15 people posted up. so whats up with a location? anymore suggestions? is the kohls meet still going on? anyway in a week or so im going to group up the suggested locations and we'll have a vote from there. i'd really like to see a very nice group of 626 evos meeting up!

EvuseIX
11-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Why do we keep changing locations? Let's just maintain the Jollibee meet as the popos hardly bother us and there's ample room for every evo.

evobong
11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Why do we keep changing locations? Let's just maintain the Jollibee meet as the popos hardly bother us and there's ample room for every evo.

+1

jayvolution
11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
i had almost a whole paragraph going and then i realized the kohls meet is dead as far as i can tell. meaning making the whole reason in picking a new location pointless? i mean the whole point was to "unite" the two but since theres only one again whats the point. if the guys from the montebello/alhambra side of the 626 would please chime in and let us know if they still want to pick out a new location so its a fair distance for all of us. if not then im fine with where we are at. i mean its only like 2mins away from my house. i was only willing to move the location if we could get a significant more amount of people showing.

Qmr
11-17-2006, 10:31 AM
If we decide to go to a meet, once - its convenient location for us and if some guy happen to have gf/wife, their close one have play to do. And as well we have place to hang out too.
Last Monday was one example - i drive all the way to fullerton to meet with ppl in there(just to check it out ) and my wife get furious as we get closer to the meet - it's too far and nothing for her too do. As soon as i pull over next to "bath & body shop", she walk straight in, no complain, and then walk out happily and i can stay there, talk , chat with the guys for a bit.
I went to the meet in Jolibee - the play is boring and i seen the cop pass around without pay much attention - cause we have only 3, 4 ppl in the play. Let say once we get to ~ 10, 15+ car, it would get crowded and sure the police will pay us a visit.
My first suggestion would be diamond plaza in fullerton (that's could be too crowded and hard to get packing for +5 car together but it a good place to hang out) - so we can meet up in front of the Puente hill mall, lots of parking, play to go for the ladies, and close to dining area - hang out area (Speedzone: cart race, racing arcade is fews block away, Diamond plaza: dining, cake, arcade, boba, small shop is one exit away and the mall is right there - Movies: its right behind us if we in the mall parking lot). And since it's a mall, at 7,8 it's might have tons of parking spot and i didn't see much reason why police would bother us unless we burnout, racing, rev up.

Good place to hang out, to go, thing to do will easier for us to gather - otherwise it would be a problem between - go to the meet ,leave our special person at home in fury, face up consequence - or stay home and chit chat on the forum. But if we meet in the mall for example - i can , at least say to my wife, i want to go to the meet at the mall - if we hungry, get the food right there, then you go to the mall, window shopping while i'm stay out here and let our evo talk to each other.

jayvolution
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
wow that was bit difficult for me to read anyway...

your the first person that i know that has complained of our location. personally i think the mall is a bad idea. mall security will definitly hassle us. i see more cops near the mall than at jollibee. not to mention all the ricers that go to the mall too. i dont think the fact that theres a theatre there matters. and yes the mall has all sorts of food there, but how long do you think the meet will last there with so much security there? cops are always attracted to groups of people hanging out especially at mall parking lots.

im not saying that our jollibee location is perfect. but i mean its okay. last night we had 10 evos show up and had no problems. on that night im pretty sure cops have other things to worry about such as the huge bike meet just a mile or two down azusa.

i think your main problem is your wife/gf. if she complains about the meet then leave her at home. if you cant handle being away from her then thats your issue not ours. i leave my woman at home no problem. a couple of the other guys have gf's and do the same. evobong has a whole family and he still makes it out to our meet on a regular basis.

any other location suggestions are more than welcome

chuckdashi
11-17-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah i think the jollibee meets suck!...lol... but on a serious note... i think the jollibee meet/ location is perfect.... no hassel or whatever.... and we do get a big group now and there is tons of parking if your gf/wife needs a place to hang out... sad to say the only place she can go to is walgreens... but i have gf and she stays at home.. like what was mentioned most of us leave our loved ones at home... this is not a flame thread or anything....

ou went to one o our meets/... whenwas this sory bro i dont remember you but if you get a chnce please do try to come by again... the jollibee/626 meet is starting to grow consistent 8 to 10 people show up... lately... and honestly i hope i either stays that way or grows bigger... food is around the corner... wether it be the best 6 dollar pizza you can eat or whatever....

evobong
11-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I have a three kids and wife. My wife have no issue with me going to the meet as long I'm helping the kids with their homeworks and taking care the house chores before I leave for the meet. Our agreement is once week meet and some special meet and thats it. And thats why I don't go to other meet (Kohls Meet, LB Meet, etc/).

You have to talked to your wife/gf and explain it to her your situation or get some kind of agreement.

htsai14752
07-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I believe the girl with the skyline also owns a 350z/RB motor and a 240/s15 front/RB motor.
Live in Arcadia but I'm in Riverside a lot.