PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Cove type meet in Los Angeles:

nlakind
10-10-2006, 04:09 PM
How do I go about getting something like the Crystal Cove meet started in LA? I know enough people with exotic car's who I'm sure would come out...Start small like they did 3 years ago & see what happens with it... :coolsmiley:

I'm just looking for feed back...thought's on an idea like this

P.S I'm aware of the meet in Calabassas but I know a lot of ppl who don't ike to drive that far if they live in Beverly Hills or on the west side...

thisxguy
10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
where in LA are you talking about?

you can post that you're starting one in the exotic car forums (or any forum specifically for the cars you want there). just let everyone know. as for you friends that have the cars. tell them to start meeting at a certain place at a certain time. then post it everywhere

it would be similar to starting your own mini-meet. lol

Mister
10-11-2006, 02:28 PM
How do I go about getting something like the Crystal Cove meet started in LA? I know enough people with exotic car's who I'm sure would come out...Start small like they did 3 years ago & see what happens with it... :coolsmiley:

I'm just looking for feed back...thought's on an idea like this

P.S I'm aware of the meet in Calabassas but I know a lot of ppl who don't ike to drive that far if they live in Beverly Hills or on the west side...

If they live on the westside or Beverly Hills, and they don't want to drive to Calabasas, that is a sad excuse. Crystal Cove is 1.5 hours away from B.H., and Calabasas is like 40 minutes away. Its not that far.....

wj4
10-11-2006, 02:44 PM
if youre organizing this meet, maybe you should make it later too. around 9 or 10am becuase i think teh crystal cove is a bit too early especially for a saturday morning.

to get it started, i think you would actually get ppl with supercars involved and post up on socal supercar forums. after having an actual meet, take pix and post them through out all sorts of boards to generate even more buzz and interest.

the hardest task would be to pick a location big enough to house everyone with complaints...a task that the cyrstal cove meet no longer comply with.

rammsteinmatt
10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
if youre organizing this meet, maybe you should make it later too. around 9 or 10am becuase i think teh crystal cove is a bit too early especially for a saturday morning.

negative ghostrider. keeping the meets early keeps the riff raff out.

unless you have an exotic, you may find it nearly impossible to start up this meet. also getting permission from the land owner of the site is another obstacle. finding a place with a big enough parking lot, and having stores that the car owners would like to patronize very close by.

also, most people that go to crystal cove to show are from OC. there are of course exceptions, but mainly the OC crowd. it may seem hard to believe, but for some people 50 miles is a long journey for their exotic

imo the best way to go about this, is to get your couple friends for a faithful weekly meet. let it go for a month or more, and SLOWLY try to attract more people. being really aggressive to get more cars to come is a real turn off to these guys. everyone wants the exotic to be at their place, and the owners are real people, they have limits - they do these meets for fun. how would you like it if a bunch of honduh boys tried to get a bunch of us to go to their meet and totally spammed this forum? it'd suck huh.

good luck, hope it works out