PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why cops suck!!! Or do they?

boostin05evo
10-15-2006, 01:29 AM
This all started after work, so I'm driving home from work minding my own business cruising thinking I'm the sh*& (jk) and listing to some 2pac... when i see a cop coming from the opposite direction... i think to myself... "maybe the wont even mess with me probably on their way to get some late night donuts"...Â* its 11:30 pmÂ* and next thing you know he busts a female dog... OK maybe theres a car behind me hes going to get him :2funny:,Â* as im merging onto the freeway I'm waiting for this damn slow truck driver to speed up... finally i see so daylight and turn on my blinker and jump to the left lane left it on and jump the next lane after that... Lil did i know that the cop was behind and me and guess what ... he turns on his damn light on meÂ* :tickedoff:, Ok at this point I'm like WTF, i know I'm not speeding, i changed lanes safely and i know i have my lights on... SO... WTF.... :tickedoff:...pulled me over for what??
"officer can i ask you why your pulling me over".... he then say "can i see your license "... OHHHHHH k i think to myself.Â* Â*So I'm browsingÂ* thru my wallet and... BAMMM... i realized i don't have my license... damn :tickedoff:, left it in my other pants.
"sorry officer i don't have it i might have left it at home on my way to work today"... he asks me to get out the car and put my hand behind my back... WTF...
"Do you have a license or has it been suspended?"... "yes sir"... "it was suspedended more then a year and Ive been arranging payments with the court"
"Do you have a warrant or ever been arrested before?" .... " no" i replied...
Next thing you know I'm in the patrol car.Â* They then ask me for my infoÂ* and find out than everything is ok with me. Meanwhile the other cop is going thru my car. Looks under my hood, pops open the trunk and then the scary part... looks under My car :-(.... I HAVE NO CAT... he then comes up to me and asks me
" do you have a catalytic converter?"
"no I don't sir" ... damn I'm thinking to my self... thats is a huge ass ticket...they both look at each and ask one another if they should cite me for that..they go back to my car and look at it from all angles...;'
"are they admirering my car?" i ask myself.
later they come back open the door and tell me
"since you've been honest with and we feel guilty were going to let you go with just a warning"
"OK" i replied... and then the other officer tells me that they are are on "street racing patrol" :tickedoff:,
motherf*^kers.. they think i was street racing freaking ay.

Just another reason why cops suck... They never did tell me why they pulled me over.

thisxguy
10-15-2006, 01:49 AM
that sucks. i dont like cops either O0

at least they were cool enough to let you off with a warning for NO CAT!

DJ_STEPH
10-15-2006, 03:40 AM
oh man ur lucky!! i think the ticket for no cat is like $2000?
crazy how they actually looked under ur car.. i didnt think they would do that..

EVO Neil
10-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Don't get me started on the NO CATALYTIC thing! Freakin' polluter for NO good reason.

EVILEVO05
10-15-2006, 08:04 AM
OK-
We can sit here and say F%&%^& cop and all this crap but the fact of the matter is if we don't have a cat ( me included ) we know that we are louder then a stock EVO especially (WOT), and that is something that we are taking a chance at and I think we all know that, and yes unfortunately we are a target for cops as being "street racers" as well, and not having your license well that one was just your bad. I will say that you were lucky to have gotten off. I see people on our sight consistently talking S&%t about how we were done wrong. The fact of the matter is MOD your car, take that risk!!!! because if we get pulled over we all know how bad it can be(me included). So let's ease up on the LawEnforcement guys and accept some responsibility for the stuff we do to our cars. :mitsu:

4G63 FEVER
10-15-2006, 08:25 AM
You are complaining and they let you go with a warning? Like Neil and the others have said you could have been slammed hard there for no cat. Ever hear of probable cause?

Sounds to me like you should be doing back flips instead of coming on here and crying.

ANTHONY
10-15-2006, 08:39 AM
luck you, What city was this?

boostin05evo
10-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Its just the fact that here i come minding my own business and BAMM, I get pulled over for what?! No probable couse!!!!
I could justify it by me breaking the law or something but the thing is they never told me why I was pulled over. I have a RRE exhoust and your telling me they wher pulling me over for that (modified exhoust)? Its not loud and for sure i was not at WOT. I do accept the No CAT situtation, i know the consequences... while i was sitting in back of the patrol i was already making plans on parting out my car to pay the ticket I just been to lazy to put it back on since i was at the track a couple days ago. The fact is WHY? It was arround midnight, No other "street racing" car was out there for them to say i was racing... it was a Semi (in front) a 4runnner (in back) and me (middle) minding our own business and who gets pulled over me! I was profiled, OK!!!, can you get pulled over for that?!!! Is there such a law solely based on that?

Just my 2cents on why "I" hate cops

darkevo
10-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeah maybe your subject should be cops rule! LOL Â*You're really lucky they gave you a warning for all those offenses. Â*I'm happy for you...this street racing patrol sounds like more crap! Â* :police:

Not trying to cause any trouble, but what nationality are you? Â*I'm just curious if there was any racial profiling. Â*Of course they already did the car profiling. I personally don't think I would have got only a warning if I got pulled over with those violations. Â*Also I always got less crap driving my mustang or SHO than I ever do driving my eclipse turbo or EVO.

Just curious! Â*thanks

boostin05evo
10-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah maybe your subject should be cops rule! LOLÂ* You're really lucky they gave you a warning for all those offenses.Â* I'm happy for you...this street racing patrol sounds like more crap!Â* Â*:police:

Not trying to cause any trouble, but what nationality are you?Â*

hispanic

x[corwyn]
10-15-2006, 11:01 AM
OK-
We can sit here and say F%&%^& cop and all this crap but the fact of the matter is if we don't have a cat ( me included ) we know that we are louder then a stock EVO especially (WOT), and that is something that we are taking a chance at and I think we all know that, and yes unfortunately we are a target for cops as being "street racers" as well, and not having your license well that one was just your bad. I will say that you were lucky to have gotten off. I see people on our sight consistently talking S&%t about how we were done wrong. The fact of the matter is MOD your car, take that risk!!!! because if we get pulled over we all know how bad it can be(me included). So let's ease up on the LawEnforcement guys and accept some responsibility for the stuff we do to our cars. :mitsu:

I have been a victim of being profiled since my teens because of the things I do. Skateboarding, Motorcycle riding, etc etc. I personally think its BS as well. If the cops have NOTHING better to do than to just randomly pull people over, and thats considered their job then we need to rethink what they are for. I'm still fired up that SUV drivers, yapping on a cell phone, while watching a DVD, driving at 20 under the limit and swerving get no attention. You know why? Because you are then messing with Joe Average. The people who enjoy hobbies, that enjoy doing something INTERESTING are the bad people. Joe Average LOVES Harley's, loves SUVs and thinks whatever those do are OK. The Police then enforce on those that aren't OK. BS.

Think about it the next time a Harley blows by you at 110 decibels and no one bats an eyelash, but have a sportbike or an Import car come along thats fixed up at all, and guess what happens. Everyones sphinchters tighten up enough to start some spasms.

You want to end a lot of this? Dont vote for a lot of BS environmental stuff, that got us things like MTBE gas. Hows that 91 working out for ya? Or our water supply because of that law? So many of us dont register and vote. We can whine on forums about it all we want, the only time it will make a difference is when people vote and say something to their congressmen, senators... etc etc.

And also when you turn older try not to become an old fart asshat. I hope I dont either.

tabio42
10-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Their probable cause is your spoiler. Everyone that puts a spoiler on their car is a street racer.

BTW I don't think it is legal for them to search your car without asking/notifying you.

Gear Grinder
10-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Think about it the next time a Harley blows by you at 110 decibels and no one bats an eyelash

It's funny you say that because when you drive in to Long Beach, there is a big sign that states, "any motorcycles with modified exhaust will be cited".

x[corwyn]
10-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Think about it the next time a Harley blows by you at 110 decibels and no one bats an eyelash

It's funny you say that because when you drive in to Long Beach, there is a big sign that states, "any motorcycles with modified exhaust will be cited".

Yea I see that. And I see harley's go by just fine. They have that sign up for the Cycle World Show in December, and they get mad tickets off of the sport bikes.

boostin05evo
10-15-2006, 11:21 AM
And also when you turn older try not to become an old fart asshat. I hope I dont either.

Im way ahead of you

EVILEVO05
10-15-2006, 05:17 PM
First of all I have seen plenty of bikes pulled over in Long Beach and Seal Beach. for starters I am sure we don't see everybody who is pulled over. So it is easy to make a statement about bikes doing a 110 and not getting pulled over. Also who knows why he was pulled over it is easy to say that cops are just dicks and pull us over for no reason. Do we really know if the Police officer had a reason, No we don't. Don't get me wrong I am simply saying that if you are doing something stupid such as skateboarding where you shouldn't you are going to get harrassed, if you are doing 110 on a bike, any bike that was probably a dumb move, Don't get me wrong I deffinetley am not always an upstanding citizen in my car, but if I got pulled over well, what am going to say that I was profiled!!! IT is an easy statement to say.No I screwed up and man up. Yes by the sound of things the cop may have been bored, but to generalize and say that this is the norm is just ignorant.

x[corwyn]
10-15-2006, 05:55 PM
First of all I have seen plenty of bikes pulled over in Long Beach and Seal Beach. for starters I am sure we don't see everybody who is pulled over. So it is easy to make a statement about bikes doing a 110 and not getting pulled over. Also who knows why he was pulled over it is easy to say that cops are just dicks and pull us over for no reason. Do we really know if the Police officer had a reason, No we don't. Don't get me wrong I am simply saying that if you are doing something stupid such as skateboarding where you shouldn't you are going to get harrassed, if you are doing 110 on a bike, any bike that was probably a dumb move, Don't get me wrong I deffinetley am not always an upstanding citizen in my car, but if I got pulled over well, what am going to say that I was profiled!!! IT is an easy statement to say.No I screwed up and man up. Yes by the sound of things the cop may have been bored, but to generalize and say that this is the norm is just ignorant.

Thats easy. I used to commute on my skateboard cause I couldn't afford anything else. So nothing more fun than going several miles after working 10 hours then get an extra hour of a cop giving me crap. Yea that happened several dozen times just because I got stuck working late. Yea. That was going on till I was 24 and could afford a car.

And yes after over 10 years of riding and being involved in the sportbike groups you kinda notice these things. Dozens upon dozens of these events. Or you can just watch which bikes are pulled over. And no they aren't doing 110mph. You can ask my ex-G/F how much she enjoyed being harassed several times because she was on beach blvd during ab ike night trying to come home. Completely stock bike, didn't break any laws...very careful rider. Her only sin? She rode a sportbike. Scared the living hell out of her the first 3 or 4 times, because they were such assholes to her and kept telling her she was going to get her bike impounded. We can also go through my 2 tickets that I got on my motorcycle because some guy went through an hour or so before me, or because the cop pulls up and I wasn't even riding just got off of work, and was told that I got radared. I even had my time card in hand showing I just got off.

Not to mention other things I have seen...don't even get me started on the HB 4th of july (supposed) riots.

I kept track today on the freeway of a dozen+ SUV drivers that were in the fast lane swerving and yapping on the phne in a 30 mile distance. Just a guess but who do you think a cop is more likely to harass? I really don't hear the SUV drivers whining about those unfair distracted driver tickets that are supposed to be out there. How about the Cell Phone law that was in effect? Nope. Cops have a wide berth on how and who they ticket and what laws they choose to enforce. Which ones make Joe Average happier? Harass those hoodlums doing something they secretly wish or do they do something that will get them calls and complaints by the boatload? Remember they are all about generating revenue to keep their jobs going and they do that by writing tickets. Notice there aren't tickets written for people that drive too slow? Just too fast? Basic speed law enforced properly would ticket them.

Of course when even our own members of our group can't understand and see this, its very hard to fight, because the actions of a few dictate what people percieve. The reality is most of us love our cars, and still drive safely on the streets. You can be an enthusiast without being a law breaking hoodlum. BUt with other enthusiasts like you, we won't need enemies.

God Damn. Now I am pissed off remembering all this. I can't remember a single time a Traffic Cop was around when I needed him, or helped with finding my 2 stolen motorcycles or the times my old eclipse GS-T got broken into several times. You know why? It doesn't generate revenue. Fuck them. There are good cops out there, but most of traffic enforcement cops are asshats.

EVILEVO05
10-15-2006, 06:46 PM
By the sound of things either you live in a crappy neighboorhood or have had a lot of bad experiences or you attract the law or criminal minded people. if you don't mind me asking what city did all this take place in.

boostin05evo
10-16-2006, 12:57 AM
First of all I have seen plenty of bikes pulled over in Long Beach and Seal Beach. for starters I am sure we don't see everybody who is pulled over. So it is easy to make a statement about bikes doing a 110 and not getting pulled over. Also who knows why he was pulled over it is easy to say that cops are just dicks and pull us over for no reason. Do we really know if the Police officer had a reason, No we don't. Don't get me wrong I am simply saying that if you are doing something stupid such as skateboarding where you shouldn't you are going to get harassed, if you are doing 110 on a bike, any bike that was probably a dumb move, Don't get me wrong I deffinetley am not always an upstanding citizen in my car, but if I got pulled over well, what am going to say that I was profiled!!! IT is an easy statement to say.No I screwed up and man up. Yes by the sound of things the cop may have been bored, but to generalize and say that this is the norm is just ignorant.

Ok first of all why would i come and post something completely false? Second of all i was pulled over like 30 seconds out of my jobs parking lot on the way home!Â* He wasn't paysing meÂ* to say i broke the law a couple blocks back, I couldn't even go fast because of the damn semi in front of me, we were all in one single line trying to merge onto the freeway and the good part about all this... i was the one to be pulled over.Â* Now your telling me I'm sitting here missing some facts as to why i really got pulled over?Â* BS... If i was really breaking the law then YES, pull me over, but if I'm minding my own damn business like everyone else on theÂ* freaking roadÂ* then why me? Because I drive a EVO and I'm hispanic?Â* Or is it because they had nothing better to do and they ran out of donuts and coffe?

And to x[corwyn]Â* i totally agree with you!

boostin05evo
10-17-2006, 02:44 AM
There are good cops out there, but most of traffic enforcement cops are asshats.

+9999999999654654651654957465896549687954965498749 84965196584798476941968479456

ejlozon
10-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Just a little FYI... the cops had all the PC they needed to search your car and cuff you up when you didn't have a DL on you. And If you got on it to pass, it was probably obvious that you had no cats... They could have cited you and impounded your car. Shit, if they were real dicks, they could have booked you for no license. Sounds like this should have been one of the posts thanking the cops, not saying they suck. There are bad ones out there, but it doesnt sound like you ran into them this time

boostin05evo
10-18-2006, 01:48 PM
When you say "probable cause" do you mean that they knew that i didn't have my licence when they drove by me and busted a bitch and decided to pull me over?

[p]dOG.
10-18-2006, 02:10 PM
they do suck.... at least sometimes. Latino's and Latina's in evo's= pull over and bend over lol.
Did you read my storie from last week?

boostin05evo
10-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Cops now a day like to be dicks thats all.
just my 2cents

EvoPwr
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
When you say "probable cause" do you mean that they knew that i didn't have my licence when they drove by me and busted a bitch and decided to pull me over?

the way your car looks/sounds is probable cause. cops can follow whoever they want to whenever they feel like it. don't like it, then move to another country. i bet you dont complain when other people stare at your evo and give you props for it. but remember that it goes both ways. wherever there is a postive there will always be a negative. the same goes with entertainers (actors, musicians, etc). you think cops dont patrol these boards and see what you asshats write about them? just go ahead and give them more reason to pull us over and bust us. you either need to grow up or get a kia.

boostin05evo
10-18-2006, 03:19 PM

the way your car looks/sounds is probable cause. cops can follow whoever they want to whenever they feel like it. don't like it, then move to another country. i bet you dont complain when other people stare at your evo and give you props for it. but remember that it goes both ways. wherever there is a postive there will always be a negative. the same goes with entertainers (actors, musicians, etc). you think cops dont patrol these boards and see what you asshats write about them? just go ahead and give them more reason to pull us over and bust us. you either need to grow up or get a kia.

OK so your telling that their is such a law to pull someone over just on the sole bases of "profiling"? Yes they can follow whoever they want i never but being pulled over just couse is BS... Sounds??? My car is as loud as stock and for damn sure they couldnt tell it was a aftermarket exhoust (RRE).

racerxj17
10-18-2006, 10:04 PM
point 1- as others said, you should feel lucky not pissed off. sounds like those cops saved you a few grand

point 2- you state that your mad you dont know why you were pulled over- right after you said you were behind a slow truck, saw an opening and grabbed a lane. ill assume that you got on the gas to do this, obviously enough to catch the cops attention (not a suprise, evo + no cat = LOUD). simple, they pulled you over for all the dang noise, and id be willing to be it wasnt a calm lane change under low throttle.

quote "as im merging onto the freeway I'm waiting for this damn slow truck driver to speed up... finally i see so daylight and turn on my blinker and jump to the left lane left it on and jump the next lane after that..."

go ahead and add illegal lane change to the illegal exhaust.

some people amaze me......

boostin05evo
10-18-2006, 11:31 PM
point 1- as others said, you should feel lucky not pissed off. sounds like those cops saved you a few grand

point 2- you state that your mad you dont know why you were pulled over- right after you said you were behind a slow truck, saw an opening and grabbed a lane. ill assume that you got on the gas to do this, obviously enough to catch the cops attention (not a suprise, evo + no cat = LOUD). simple, they pulled you over for all the dang noise, and id be willing to be it wasnt a calm lane change under low throttle.

quote "as im merging onto the freeway I'm waiting for this damn slow truck driver to speed up... finally i see so daylight and turn on my blinker and jump to the left lane left it on and jump the next lane after that..."

go ahead and add illegal lane change to the illegal exhaust.

some people amaze me......

yes some people amaze me to... how is changing lanes illegal its not like i swerved onto the lanes, who said anything about getting on the gas it was just enough to pass the semi... whats wrong with that? ohh and illegal exhoust, yea maybe you should take a look @ RRE exhoust and tell me that it looks aftermarket?Â* Or aftermarket for cops to notice its aftermarket... Like you said and ill repeat myself ...some people amaze me 2!

PaleHorse
10-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Flame on.

Evolution.VIII
10-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Your car might be quiet, but catless cars stink to high heaven. It doesn't take long for one to figure out a car's exhaust is modified. How clean do you keep it? Is there a black exhaust stain on your bumper?

For one thing, a lot of chp and police love cars, and I've been told that they spot some of the more exotic/unique cars and look for reasons to pull them over. I've read stories where they pull people over to ask them about their cars on many forums after they see them driving above the posted speed limit, and then let them go with a warning.

On top of that, there have been many street racing related fatalities lately. So law enforcement is trying to crack down. Yes, they're probably profiling, but only to keep everyone, including yourself, safe.

It sounds like they did you a huge favor. The amount of things they could have written you up for would have cost you thousands of dollars.

Sorry to hear they put you through so much, I'd be a bit traumatized and upset too.

boostin05evo
10-19-2006, 01:53 PM
thank you for understanding and giving a better explanation as to why. I know there has been many racing around and they are, have been cracking down ... if i was driving my friends BMW 750 i wouldn't of gotten pulled over, wait I would've gotten pulled over... why you ask? Because I'm young driving around in 70k+ car, yea that seems to happen here a lot and people that agree with me are the same people who always get pulled over for no apparent reason, why? In PERSONAL oppinion, i just think its profiling. Bottom line... is profiling a law now a days?

EvoPwr
10-19-2006, 04:23 PM

OK so your telling that their is such a law to pull someone over just on the sole bases of "profiling"? Yes they can follow whoever they want i never but being pulled over just couse is BS... Sounds??? My car is as loud as stock and for damn sure they couldnt tell it was a aftermarket exhoust (RRE).

No i said "probable cause", not profiling. Honestly, why don't you get over it? Nothing bad happened. Same as stock? You have no cat? I don't care what type of exhaust you put on, your car will still smell. How quick did you change lanes? Did you wait in one lane for 5 seconds before making the next lane change? For some reason your story doesn't add up. It seems like you just want attention, just like you were curious if the cops were admiring your car. Also, why would a cop ever say they feel guilty? It just makes no sense at all. I say this story is complete BS.

boostin05evo
10-19-2006, 11:36 PM
^ ok its just BS i admit... but who cares what you think O0... now go upon your business now... go on...