PDA

View Full Version : modified exhaust ticket

leaveit2bevo
10-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I got a modified exhaust and front license plate ticket but modified exhausts are legal right so do I fight the ticket or put stock exhaust back on?

EVILEVO05
10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Which exaust, and if it is over a certain decibel level you may fight it but you may not win. You could also play the dumb driver theory and say you were unaware of the law. who knows. It will really be up to you in the end bro. Sorry to hear about the ticket

Terenus
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
As long as you have a cat and it's under 95db it should be legal.

Skiracer
10-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Did you get your ticket in WLA?

JDMC-WestEVO
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
you have to claim that it is a "replacement exhaust" and its under 95 dbs and all that good stuff "modified exhaust" is illegal.... my .02

Hiro
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
If you think posting the bail, and waiting 3 months for your TBD to go through it worth it, do it.
If you want to go in front of the judge to be arraigned, then again with the officer for trial, go.

Or if you want to spend 30-45 minutes swapping exhaust and paying a 10 dollar processing fee is the path of least resistance....

It's up to you bro. It just depends how much effort you do or don't want to put into it.

-Hiro

The Emperor
10-15-2006, 11:46 PM
soo its only 10 bucks for the fine if you get an exhaust ticket? also does it go on your record??

gsrIXevo
10-15-2006, 11:49 PM
dude... becareful.. only let them check your exhaust.. and have them show u in writing.. if they want to take your car around the block.. make sure they show u something in writing.. because they got my friend like that.. they took his car around the block.. around the back of the office and lifted it up to look at the DP ... rally cat.. and anything else under the hood... dont let them try to make or create other tickets.. only allow them to rev.. and let that be that.. question everything.. just a word of advice...

leaveit2bevo
10-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Did you get your ticket in WLA?

no 3 years in wla and never even got pulled over, 2 months here front license plate ticket and modified exhaust ticket. I wouldn't have got anything but I was speeding so he got me for that shit instead. That makes sense if say I changed my exhaust and its under 95 decibels I should be fine.

DTunedEvoX
10-16-2006, 11:42 AM
^^^ just change the exhaust out to a stocker and say the mofro pulled you over for stock exhaust :P lol

Blaze
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
soo its only 10 bucks for the fine if you get an exhaust ticket? also does it go on your record??

Yes, if it's noted on the ticket that it's a correctable offence.
And no, fix-it tickets and parking tickets don't go on your record as they are not moving violations.

Blaze

Mister
10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Put the stocker back on, have the car looked at and the ticket signed off, pay the $10.00 fine, go back home and the the HKS can back on your car.

I've been doing this for all (4) of my exhaust tickets!

leaveit2bevo
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I dont have the stock exhaust ouch, and i dont have any tools up here to do it unless I pay a near by shop.

The Emperor
10-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Put the stocker back on, have the car looked at and the ticket signed off, pay the $10.00 fine, go back home and the the HKS can back on your car.

haha tsk tsk

i think after this 3rd exhaust ticket on my HKS Carbon TI, imma buy the works or the RRE stealth kit!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GokuSSJ4
10-18-2006, 10:17 AM

if the same law applies in LA for modify exhaust as well as San Francisco, then wrong! People abused the system, so the system has changed.
Before you were able to change, or swap to your stock exhaust and get the ticken written off. Now they still charge you a 60.00 fee.. and it goes on a modify exhaust record. Next time you are fine for the same thing, your fine doubles (near 120.00)
Bevo
best advise is for you is to call the court and find out what your options are.. whether you can have the ticket fix (meeting 95 db law or stock exhaust) or will this still cost you $60.00 and if thats the case, no hassles and just pay the ticket off ...

leaveit2bevo
10-24-2006, 10:32 AM
so this is what went down, I went to the SF court house and found an officer to sign off my ticket without even looking at my car. I thought I had just beat the legal system until I get to the window to pay and the guy tells me that the modified exhaust isnt a fix it ticket and I need to go see a judge about it. WTF? the officer who gave me the ticket told me they were both fix it tickets and all I had to do was change the exhaust. So now I have a court date in december, has anyone heard of this before?

GokuSSJ4
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
so this is what went down, I went to the SF court house and found an officer to sign off my ticket without even looking at my car. I thought I had just beat the legal system until I get to the window to pay and the guy tells me that the modified exhaust isnt a fix it ticket and I need to go see a judge about it. WTF? the officer who gave me the ticket told me they were both fix it tickets and all I had to do was change the exhaust. So now I have a court date in december, has anyone heard of this before?
i told you that the system had changed :roll: it changed near 3-4 yrs ago! unless you plan to fight the ticket, your stuck with the fees...

GokuSSJ4
10-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Now they still charge you a 60.00 fee.. and it goes on a modify exhaust record. Next time you are fine for the same thing, your fine doubles (near 120.00)
in case you missed it!

leaveit2bevo
10-24-2006, 11:00 AM
so what is the judge going to tell me? my exhaust is legal if its under 95 decibels correct? so I dont understand the point of going in front of a judge.

philthyevo
10-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I recently went into West LA to pay for a Fix-it ticket for no front license plate. Â*The first cop to look at my car said that I would have to take the plate off of where it is (regular IX stock placement) and put it in the middle somewhere--blocking my intercooler. Â*I laughed and said, "...well thats not possible...the place where it is IS stock!" Â*He said, "nope sorry".. Â*Then I went in and asked for another cop to come out. Â*The second one who came out actually knew a little bit about evos. Â*So he said, "no thats cool, he can't block the intercooler, so he's fine."

LOL. Â*And right before we went in to do the paperwork, the original genius cop looked at the Brembo brakes and said, "you know, those don't make your car faster, why did you get them?!" Â*HAHHAHAHAHA!!!

I told him they were brakes and that they were stock. Â*DAMN, it really makes a difference WHO the cop is when they stop you. Â*The cop that originally gave me the fix-it ticket was really cool. Â*I was speeding and he just gave me a warning for that. Â*And he and his partner were complimenting me and asking me about my car, how fast it is, etc.

My exhaust looks very UNstock and they didn't even mention that. Â*:crazy2: Â*

I think younger cops who know a bit about the EVO and can appreciate it won't be too harsh, but the older ones who think that all the stock parts like the brakes and the spoiler was added by me cause I like rice will probably be indiscriminate in their ticket writing rituals. Â* :police:

GokuSSJ4
10-24-2006, 08:16 PM
so what is the judge going to tell me? my exhaust is legal if its under 95 decibels correct? so I dont understand the point of going in front of a judge.
wrong! you have to go to a Smog TEST only location, in order for you to show proof that your car is at the legal db limit (which requires them checking the car out) and getting the correct paper work from the state and not your HKS dealer..
like i said, too much of a PITA..

leaveit2bevo
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
so what is the judge going to make me do?

Skiracer
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.ticketassassin.com/

GokuSSJ4
10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
so what is the judge going to make me do?
ref Test Only station if you want to play " not guilty" other wise just pay the 60.00 fine and go on your way..

leaveit2bevo
10-24-2006, 10:16 PM
ok cool if thanks tom, if i go to the ref station to get a test will they only test the decible or try to do a complete inspection? if im not forced to do it they can just test it without saying anything about my cams or other shit.

GokuSSJ4
10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
LOL just make sure they dont test anything else, but that would be a chance that IMO i wouldnt take... your a brave man, the last thing any car enthusiastic needs is a visit to the ref LOL

leaveit2bevo
10-25-2006, 10:43 AM
well if I can get it tested and its under 95 db they cant do shit

GokuSSJ4
10-25-2006, 10:53 AM
well if I can get it tested and its under 95 db they cant do shit
best of luck!
but all this headache isnt worth it IMO... how much is the fee (last time i check was near 60.00) not sure if the price when up..

leaveit2bevo
12-09-2006, 10:40 PM
went to court on thursday to pay my 60 dollars but my ticket was dismissed, I have no idea why and I wasnt going to ask.