PDA

View Full Version : What happened to our Badges of Honor...our Post Counts?

kimletrim
10-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Is socal done with the post counts meter? Say it ain't so!

Coolguy949
10-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Removing post counts will be for the best. There was way too much commotion regarding post counts and people complained all the time about it. This site isnt about ranks, its about Evo's.

Unstroked
10-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Since the counts is going away, is the level of SoCal Status going away as well. i.e. newbie, not so new, evolved, canyon racer, etc???

CICreations
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
And EvoM took them off so......

Whatever..doesn't really make a difference to me.

nlakind
10-17-2006, 11:24 AM
R.I.P Post Counter...You will be missed by many! You were brave, strong willed, always new how to make me smile...I shed a tear for you & will pour out a little liquor for you today!!!

thisxguy
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
aww.Â* well, what about newbies that want to sell something?Â* does this mean someone spankin new member can sell something right off the bat?

hksevo8
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
The level of status will not be removed. Â*It will be updated soon.

hksevo8
10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
aww.Â* well, what about newbies that want to sell something?Â* does this mean someone spankin new member can sell something right off the bat?

NO, the thread count is still in place, you just are not able to view it anymore.

Terry S
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Bummer. Now its going to be harder to find out when threads/posts are deleted.. I used to use my post count to find out why i'd lose a bunch of posts each night.

Terry S

EVO Neil
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Removing post counts will be for the best. There was way too much commotion regarding post counts and people complained all the time about it. This site isnt about ranks, its about Evo's.

+1. Too many put too much stock in their post counts. It shouldn't define you and to many it strangely did.

Terenus
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Removing post counts cuts down the random posts. It works for most online gaming forums, it might work here.

NMREJ6
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
^^^ but one can find that in anyother forum/website. Â*No biggie to me that it's been removed.

kimletrim
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately....all we would have left is a screenname, a title, an avatar and a sig if we choose. Honestly it doesn't make much of a difference either way if the post count meter goes the way of the dinosaur. However, it did help me determine how much weight to what a member said in conjunction with other factors.

Terry S
10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
The level of status will not be removed. It will be updated soon.

So are there going to be a larger number or titles, or perhaps just a reshuffling of the title requirements?

Terry S

Blaze
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
However, it did help me determine how much weight to what a member said in conjunction with other factors.

Did it really now?

I'm not picking on you, but consider this.
How often do you see Robi post? Would you less faith in what he has to say because of a low post count?
I'm a mod. Would you listen to me if I told you APC product POwn all?

Stars, counts, forum status and join days are meaningless.
Look to the quality of the posts, not the frequency or quantity if you're looking to put any kind of faith into another member or vendor.

If titles mean that much to you guys, please let me know as I'll run around and give you all custom ones of my choosing.

-Blaze

kimletrim
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
^^^Oh it wasn't the only factor, but one of the factors in how much weight I put into a statement.

Terry S
10-17-2006, 12:21 PM
If titles mean that much to you guys, please let me know as I'll run around and give you all custom ones of my choosing.

-Blaze

We would only be so lucky... :D

Terry S

Miss Evo8
10-17-2006, 12:25 PM

-Blaze

We would only be so lucky... :D

Terry S

I would trust Blaze to give us all new titles...I mean look at the great thing he did for my Avatar!Â* :D

except my title..it has sentimental value for meÂ* :smitten:

.....and thank god the post counts are gone...seriously who gives a F%^K ! although Terry does make a good point as usual!

blkside
10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
This is one of the best decisions I have seen in a minute. It will keep the BS posts down. Are you guys gonna keep the status the same or add more to break down #'s in between.

Ricardon
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
This is one of the best decisions I have seen in a minute. It will keep the BS posts down. Are you guys gonna keep the status the same or add more to break down #'s in between.

Unfortunately the removing of the post counter will have the opposite effect I fear...watch. Look closely, you can see it already has had the opposite effect. Oh well.

Coolguy949
10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
The posts are counted internally still and are the determinant in the titles and stars under each username. I'm thinking about adding more milstones since each rank is separated by hundreds if not thousands of posts.

Terry S
10-18-2006, 10:20 AM
The posts are counted internally still and are the determinant in the titles and stars under each username. I'm thinking about adding more milstones since each rank is separated by hundreds if not thousands of posts.

How about 10 star levels? Have the #10 star title be, "Are you Goku or Ultraflip?" :D

Terry S

drmosh
10-18-2006, 02:39 PM
There will be new things implemented in the near future instead of post counts, remember the karma system? Well we plan to have something much better than even the karma system but will take time to develop.

We are also working on new infrastructure to support the new ratings type systems such as faster databases and such.

XubIX
10-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Instead of postcount why dont you have a system for people who actually post useful information

I dont know how to explain it but check out Socal3g.com
Basically get "points" or "experience bars" depending on how useful you are to other members and not just by post count

One Evo Pinay
10-18-2006, 02:46 PM
How would that "experience bars" or "points" work? Â*Do other members get to give you points for them or do only mods and/or admins get to rate you?

From going on Club RSX, I know the positive/negative repping got sooo abused it's not even funny. Â*I hope socalevo doesn't go that route...

4G63 FEVER
10-18-2006, 02:51 PM
However, it did help me determine how much weight to what a member said in conjunction with other factors.

Did it really now?

I'm not picking on you, but consider this.
How often do you see Robi post?Â* Would you less faith in what he has to say because of a low post count?
I'm a mod.Â* Would you listen to me if I told you APC product POwn all?

Stars, counts, forum status and join days are meaningless.
Look to the quality of the posts, not the frequency or quantity if you're looking to put any kind of faith into another member or vendor.

-Blaze

Doesn't take long to see who the self proclaimed know it all folks are. Posts counts are for the losers who have nothing better to do than pontificate on the fourm. We all know who they are.

Blaze
10-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Okay, quick ditty before this thread is locked.

(1) The post count HAS BEEN removed if y'all hadn't noticed.
(2) There is a new interactive system in the works, so look for that as a future SoCal feature.
(3) There are no descriminitive reasons why the post count was removed. It's simply outlived it's usefullness.

-Blaze