PDA

View Full Version : Any Meets in LA

Sxhawnn
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey guys, I go to USC and this is actually my first semester living in LA. I'm bored out of my mind... sick of the frat parties and watching ESPN on the weekdays. Any Evo meets in the area??

tanK
10-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I live in downtown LA off Fig and 2nd... theres really no official meets around here. I just go to the Burbank/WLA meets. Unless you want to start one (success rate is very low)...

One Evo Pinay
10-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Dang you're already sick of the fraternity parties and it's barely couple months into the semester huh... :)

v8hater
10-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Dang you're already sick of the fraternity parties and it's barely couple months into the semester huh... :)

He/She parties like a rock start.

Some people just can't hang like you. LOL

One Evo Pinay
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Naah I'm just saying it doesn't sound like college kid speak to me haha. I party like I'm 23 alright hahaha.

swat-evo-ix
10-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I live in downtown LA off Fig and 2nd... theres really no official meets around here. I just go to the Burbank/WLA meets. Unless you want to start one (success rate is very low)...

im in to start wla meet i have about 5 for sure and 10 total. evo owners that can come thats a good start .

Senshi
10-27-2006, 12:24 AM

im in to start wla meet i have about 5 for sure and 10 total. evo owners that can come thats a good start .

if you haven't noticed theres been a WLA meet since the begining of this site: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=1702.0

swat-evo-ix
10-29-2006, 09:53 PM

if you haven't noticed theres been a WLA meet since the begining of this site: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=1702.0

i went last time there was no one there!!

wj4
10-29-2006, 10:29 PM
frat parties get old fast! one of my friend joined a frat when we were freshmen 3 yrs ago. i used to go to the parties all the time, but the same ol' routine got bored.

just come to our burbank meets on wed., lol.

swat-evo-ix
10-29-2006, 10:31 PM
[

just come to our burbank meets on wed., lol.

sounds like a plan... when and where

wj4
10-29-2006, 10:56 PM
^look under the regional section, then LA, then burbank meet.
its at the krispy kreme in burbank off the burbank exit on the 5N (for you since youre coming from LA)

Senshi
10-29-2006, 11:00 PM

i went last time there was no one there!!

if u fallow the thread u can see when and where people meet

tanK
10-30-2006, 01:55 PM

Is that you Adrian?? But yes, WLA you have to follow the thread (cut out all the BS) to see where we are actually meeting up. Lately its been in a Japanese Food plaza off Sawtelle and Olympic by the 405. I haven't been getting out to meets as much as I like to...

Absinthe
10-30-2006, 06:57 PM
we are doing it tonight you should roll out

Absinthe
10-30-2006, 06:58 PM
and explain to me how you get sick of parties that have free booze, and over served girl with rock hard bodies? its like shooting fish in a barrel, damn I miss frat parties.

KRS333
03-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Shit tired of Frat parties? I live in Downtown/Boyle Hieghts area. I would roll with you.. LOL

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
So what happens at these meets? Is it just all mutual masturbation while looking at each others' Evos?

I keed... I keeeed... seriously though, what goes down?

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
+1 downtown L.A meet.

count me in.

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I live in downtown... but don't know of a place cool/safe/big enough for a meet

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM

Yo Tank... King Taco! El Taurino!

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:42 PM
El Taurino is the awesome! But the lot is kinda crappy and possibly not cool enough (security) for us to hang out in the parking lot...

The Burbank guys did a Pink's meet a while ago... was interesting but that parking lot was a lot worse!

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
El Taurino is the awesome! But the lot is kinda crappy and possibly not cool enough (security) for us to hang out in the parking lot...

The Burbank guys did a Pink's meet a while ago... was interesting but that parking lot was a lot worse!

Eh, it's pretty sedate during early evenings during the week... and LAPD rolls by often enough. 5, 6 cars would be plenty, no?

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure who is down other than me and you so far lol

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:47 PM
That wouldn't be much of a meet... Hahahha

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:48 PM

El taurino is cool but you better be strapped..lol.

how about office depot plaza right by little tokyo, chill place w/ Â*chashu Ramen place right next door.

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM

wayyyy overated hotdog.. shit aint even that good.

Miso chassu ramen!

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:51 PM

how about office depot plaza right by little tokyo, chill place w/ chashu Ramen place right next door.

Thats not a bad idea actually. Theres a quizno's/subway and walking distance to japanese food. And literally 2 min. from my house! I'm down.

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Might as well go down to Gardena then... many more food options than downtown.. Tozai plaza on Western and Redondo Beach has a huge ass parking lot.

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:52 PM
No idea where Gardena is lol

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM

how about office depot plaza right by little tokyo, chill place w/ chashu Ramen place right next door.

Thats not a bad idea actually. Theres a quizno's/subway and walking distance to japanese food. And literally 2 min. from my house! I'm down.

and 2min from my work!

The list is up to three now.

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Might as well go down to Gardena then... many more food options than downtown.. Tozai plaza on Western and Redondo Beach has a huge ass parking lot.

The food isnt neccessary, proper L.A meet location is.

Ramen was just a random thought since I frequent there.

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:56 PM
No idea where Gardena is lol

Where the 110 and the 91 meet. Like 12 miles from downtown. There's hella food choices...

- Kiraku (ramen)
- Shinsengumi (ramen)
- Shinsengumi (yakitori)
- various Korean places
- King's Hawaiian (both the fast food type & sit down)
- Burnt Tortilla (pretty good Mexican)

And so on...

endlessCT9Amr
03-12-2007, 11:57 PM

So say you! :-P I ain't goin unless we're eatin. Heheh

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:58 PM

and 2min from my work!

Theres 2 other evo's in my complex, one of who I've met and talked to. Â*The other evo is Fast Eddie's Evo who I've only seen his car never met:
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=39481.0

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:58 PM

So say you! :-P I ain't goin unless we're eatin. Heheh

hahaahahah

tanK
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM
http://www.daikoku-ten.com/

Is near the office depot... bomb ass bowls of ramen + rice

evofosizzo
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM

and 2min from my work!

Theres 2 other evo's in my complex, one of who I've met and talked to. Â*The other evo is Fast Eddie's Evo who I've only seen his car never met:
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=39481.0

spotted him at washington blvd. today..

flat black Evo.

evofosizzo
03-13-2007, 12:00 AM
http://www.daikoku-ten.com/

Is near the office depot... bomb ass bowls of ramen + rice

yes it is.

endlessCT9Amr
03-13-2007, 12:04 AM
What ethnicities are you two?

tanK
03-13-2007, 12:07 AM
100% USDM Twinkie

endlessCT9Amr
03-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Twinkie? I see that reference for Koreans who are "yellow on the outside, white on the inside." :-P

I'm Korean, assembled in America with Korean components.

evofosizzo
03-13-2007, 12:09 AM
bloodline of the The Khan, Temujin with whole buncha JDM cousins.

does it matter? lol..

endlessCT9Amr
03-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Not at all... just curious... :) Just that for all I know, some are less inclined to hold a meet in a "ghetto" hood. Ya heard? :-P

tanK
03-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah I hear you on that one... but you have to deal w/ the ghetto when you're surrounded by it

evofosizzo
03-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Iam all good w/ the hood.

El Taurino/King taco is cool w/ me.
I woudn't even mind a meet at RiteAid on vermont and 6th.

endlessCT9Amr
03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
King Taco!

DTunedEvoX
03-19-2007, 01:52 PM
El Grand ... :D