PDA

View Full Version : EVO IX for a 16 - 17 yr. old?

d-rew
10-18-2006, 03:30 PM
hey im a newb here. I've been researching a lot on the evo IX. I've always wanted the evo ever since the VII. Well my dad agreed to me if i graduate in honors (in 2008) he'll get me my evo. Right now im driving a 2001 honda accord v6 and it been giving me A LOT of problems. right now its at the dealer because on tuesday the engine kept shutting off and wont start at all anymore. i know its not the battery and the oil cuz we already thought that and tried to change it. well my dad is thinking to just trade in my accord and get me my evo since i've been doing really good in school (4.1 GPA :grin:). i always wanted a car that is fast, something that i can learn from, like a project car. i also want to get into autocross. my question is do you think it would be a bad choice for me to get the car around december?? and trust me im not a dumb driver and i dont abuse my cars. just trying to get your guys' opionions on getting a car this powerful at a young age.

j_nizzle
10-18-2006, 03:32 PM
if you have the money, i say go for it! dont care what anyone thinks or says...experience matters, but when you're rich and your parents are going to fork up 30k+, you can afford anything you fk up. good luck!

JDMC-WestEVO
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
i got my evo VIII at 16 im now 17 just becareful and learn ur limits take it easy for a few months until u kno the car

j_nizzle
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
i got my evo VIII at 16 im now 17 just becareful and learn ur limits take it easy for a few months until u kno the car

whoa balla!!

then again...50psi turbo!

NMREJ6
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
welcome

i think what ever makes you happy and you're parents agree too. Â*Go for it. Â*some may disagree . Â*Good luck and keep on studying O0

manafest
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
if you have the money, i say go for it! dont care what anyone thinks or says...experience matters, but when you're rich and your parents are going to fork up 30k+, you can afford anything you fk up. good luck!

i cant believe you just said that J lmao :2funny:

thisxguy
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
if you can afford it and drive it responsibly then i dont see why you arent allowed to have one.

whoa balla!!

lol

Macky
10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
hey im a newb here. I've been researching a lot on the evo IX. I've always wanted the evo ever since the VII. Well my dad agreed to me if i graduate in honors (in 2008) he'll get me my evo. Right now im driving a 2001 honda accord v6 and it been giving me A LOT of problems. right now its at the dealer because on tuesday the engine kept shutting off and wont start at all anymore. i know its not the battery and the oil cuz we already thought that and tried to change it. well my dad is thinking to just trade in my accord and get me my evo since i've been doing really good in school (4.1 GPA Â*). i always wanted a car that is fast, something that i can learn from, like a project car. i also want to get into autocross. my question is do you think it would be a bad choice for me to get the car around december?? and trust me im not a dumb driver and i dont abuse my cars. just trying to get your guys' opionions on getting a car this powerful at a young age.

since you are asking for an opinion here is the deal...you have conflicting (at least in the general norm) perceptions of what you want and expect.

first off, you want a car thats fast. yep, the evo fits the bill, but we move on to the next item, you want a car that you "can learn from". the evo is an expensive way to "learn from", seriously, the evo is not a good first project car for someone who is entirely new to the scene. not knowing what to do on the car is almost as bad as being an abusive car owner.

in my opinion, get a relatively cheap DSM, get your hands dirty on that (i.e. make that your project car) and learn how to set it up for autocross. if you do it right, you can apply what you learn and then get your first Evo.

good luck

shadowist
10-18-2006, 03:56 PM
hey im a newb here. I've been researching a lot on the evo IX. I've always wanted the evo ever since the VII. Well my dad agreed to me if i graduate in honors (in 2008) he'll get me my evo. Right now im driving a 2001 honda accord v6 and it been giving me A LOT of problems. right now its at the dealer because on tuesday the engine kept shutting off and wont start at all anymore. i know its not the battery and the oil cuz we already thought that and tried to change it. well my dad is thinking to just trade in my accord and get me my evo since i've been doing really good in school (4.1 GPAÂ* ). i always wanted a car that is fast, something that i can learn from, like a project car. i also want to get into autocross. my question is do you think it would be a bad choice for me to get the car around december?? and trust me im not a dumb driver and i dont abuse my cars. just trying to get your guys' opionions on getting a car this powerful at a young age.

since you are asking for an opinion here is the deal...you have conflicting (at least in the general norm) perceptions of what you want and expect.

first off, you want a car thats fast. yep, the evo fits the bill, but we move on to the next item, you want a car that you "can learn from". the evo is an expensive way to "learn from", seriously, the evo is not a good first project car for someone who is entirely new to the scene. not knowing what to do on the car is almost as bad as being an abusive car owner.

in my opinion, get a relatively cheap DSM, get your hands dirty on that (i.e. make that your project car) and learn how to set it up for autocross. if you do it right, you can apply what you learn and then get your first Evo.

good luck

+1

4G63 FEVER
10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
hey im a newb here. I've been researching a lot on the evo IX. I've always wanted the evo ever since the VII. Well my dad agreed to me if i graduate in honors (in 2008) he'll get me my evo. Right now im driving a 2001 honda accord v6 and it been giving me A LOT of problems. right now its at the dealer because on tuesday the engine kept shutting off and wont start at all anymore. i know its not the battery and the oil cuz we already thought that and tried to change it. well my dad is thinking to just trade in my accord and get me my evo since i've been doing really good in school (4.1 GPA ). i always wanted a car that is fast, something that i can learn from, like a project car. i also want to get into autocross. my question is do you think it would be a bad choice for me to get the car around december?? and trust me im not a dumb driver and i dont abuse my cars. just trying to get your guys' opionions on getting a car this powerful at a young age.

good luck

What he said big time. Call it sour grapes or whatever NO 16 or 17 year old deserves a high performance car unless they are paying for it all. No mom and dad help in any way.

Not to be a dick or anything not even knowing you but if you are anything like what I was at 16 you will end up with it totaled.

It is far too much of a car for somone of their limited experience. (Excluding those that have been lifetime racers.) I've lost it on the track so I'm also far from great.

SpdyEvo02
10-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I say go for it and don't think about what anyone says i had my evo when in high school as well and you will get hate on cause you are young and have an evo but who cares as long as you get what you want and you are happy about it

d-rew
10-18-2006, 04:07 PM

good luck

very informative reply. the accord was suppose to be my project car until it kept running into problems. also im planning on taking a college course already on mechanical engineering very soon. but i know what you mean. im looking forward to learn with my evo since its my favorite car, i want to know this beast inside and out. thanks.

JDMC-WestEVO
10-18-2006, 04:09 PM

whoa balla!!

really funny dude FYI I pay for my evo and its not cheap lol and i swear i'll hit 50 psi at least once ROFL

hksevo8
10-18-2006, 04:12 PM
If your parents get you this car, then I would also suggest they send you to some sort of performance/defensive driving school like Bondurant.

DTunedEvoX
10-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Just buy a Miata for auto-x :P

d-rew
10-18-2006, 04:16 PM
If your parents get you this car, then I would also suggest they send you to some sort of performance/defensive driving school like Bondurant.

yes. that what i always wanted to do. as i stated i wanted to get into autocross. so im planning on taking a driving school that can introduce me to that.

Macky
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM
very informative reply. the accord was suppose to be my project car until it kept running into problems. also im planning on taking a college course already on mechanical engineering very soon. but i know what you mean. im looking forward to learn with my evo since its my favorite car, i want to know this beast inside and out. thanks.

Personally when I think of project cars, I think of it as screwing with the car without screwing things up.

Even mild modifications sometimes yields unexpected and unfavorable results (i could not get rid of a rattle that was due to how an intake was mounted on my Evo back then), so imagine long term effects for every modification. can you live with nagging noises in a new car? can you live with an undrivable track car that you use as a daily driver? can you live with the fact that there are people that hate evo owners out there? these are all things that in my opinion you need to consider.

it is very promising that you are taking things so far with an open mind. thats good. remember that purchasing and owning an Evo is a big commitment - its a decision that can either have a good result and make you happy, or give you a nightmare and forever tarnish your outlook on this very unique car.

set your goals, and make them as realistic as possible. for a good track car, you dont need outright huge power numbers. like what hksevo8 said, invest in learning to drive the car - an evo with so much power can easily mask a bad driver (trust me, there ar a lot of them here and everywhere), but a properly trained driver can make a stock Evo turn those record beating numbers you so publicly see in ads. make your modifcations the first time out as fucntional as possible. improve on the basics and get it tuned by a reputable shop/place.

lastly, take every bit of advice you get anywhere with a grain of salt. not every advice would work for your goals in mind so be mindful of what you take in.

hope this helps.

EVOL EDO
10-18-2006, 04:24 PM
evo can be an expensve car to learn on, and insurance at that age is another big thing to consider. but if you can afford it then get it. Â*just remember this the evo is a lot of car especially if you are new to driving. Â*now i know there are all these 16-17 year olds that say they are good drivers and all but seriously experience accounts for a lot. Â*plus at that age you tend to be more wreckless. i know i was lucky i never totalled my car at that age. Â*and i only had my mustang which was fast for the time but is nothing compared to the evo. Â*like has been suggested if you do end up with one take it slow and get used to the car. Â*and if you can take a driving course to really learn the limits of the car and how to react in certain situations. Â*plus never drive anywhere with friends that just causes trouble and you usually end up racing for no reason... wait that may have just been me and my friends.

SpdyEvo02
10-18-2006, 04:30 PM
+1 I forgot about that i went to 2 performance driving class before and after i got my evo and i helped greatly

Terenus
10-18-2006, 05:44 PM
You seem like a pretty mature kid, at least that's what you've showed us so far compared to some other 16 yr olds we've seen on this forum. I think you should go for it if your dad agrees to get it, and make sure you take some courses instead of learning it the hard way.

Terenus
10-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Wrong forum BTW.

ixsaves13
10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
What most people posted previously can be all taken as good advise... I just wanted to add another perspective that may help. If I was a good friend of yours and me being older, I'd fit the older brother role... so here it goes.

Point one: You'll learn very soon that every choice you make has consequences, both bad and good. This meaning when you purchase something you have to be responsible for it and pay. Now, you could say here that your dad will be making the payments, but when are you gonna learn to pay for things on your own. Live within your means...

Point two: Consider the additional costs associated w/ owning an evo... gas, brake pads, oil changes, tires, damages / maintenance, and insurance.

Point three: Do you really want your parents to support you forever? This is a 3-6 year commitment for whomever pays for the car.

Point four: Will you be helping out with any payments? How will you do it? (your game plan on budgeting)

I think if you really want the car, you'll end up getting one. It doesn't have to be right now, but if you really want it, your patience and hard work will pay off. You can give all the excuses in the book on why you need it... I've said them myself. In my personal experience, I've wanted one for quite a while (3 years), but because I couldn't afford it on my own I ended up getting a first gen 4g63 talon tsi and worked on that for about a year. I didn't want any help from my mom, so I waited until i could afford it. I'm glad that your dad had promised you a reward for your good grades, but there's something more important than grades. You should be doing well regardless. What most parents fail to teach their kids is how to manage money. Learn to live within your means... This will help you in the long run.

So this was a long post... Don't take this as a "no" or "yes".... like i said before, if you want it, you'll end up getting it. I'm just giving some other advise outside of just owning another "thing." Patience is a virtue. Thanks for being open to others who have taken a few steps before you.

Peace

Skiracer
10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
I say buy a beater car now. So, in the future when you buy a new car you will appreciate and take care of it more.

andonni
10-19-2006, 03:45 AM
nice ~ +1

BUDLoNG
10-19-2006, 05:46 AM
IMO
if your parents buy you an Evo, they do not love you.Â* If they loved you, they would not purchase something for you that could easily kill you,... they would have said no regardless of how bad you "want" it.

they might as well buy you a handgun or a hayabusa.

CICreations
10-19-2006, 06:51 AM
I think I got a BBQ and a $100 for graduating HS lol.

Hummm, Im trying hard to figure out what to say without comming off as a jealous prick lol. I would say an Evo at 17 would not be a great idea. Looking back (Im 26 now) I've thought about what it would have been like to have my Evo back when I was in HS and there only a few things that I think that would have been good for; trying to get laid, and racing around trying to impress people and look cool. All of which would have probably ruined my driving record for years to come. I haven't known many teenagers that don't live in the "here and now" and don't think about long term consequences. I know I sure didn't.

When I got my first Evo (03 Evo VIII) I got a ticket for playing around with another friend and his 04 GTO out on 40 E. It was the middle of a weekday and we thought nobody was around. So off we went, not knowing there was one of CA's Finest hiding under a bridge up ahead. We both got popped for 115 in a 70. It was more like 140 but he cut us a break and didn't get us for racing, ex of speed or anything. But...I think it's because we were both older. Had we been 2 teenagers (and god forbid Asian) we would probably still be in jail lol. Cops profile big time. If you are seen by a cop at your age in an Evo you will be labeled a street racer no matter what. It's just the way they think. Anyway my point is that that ticket cost me big time on my insurance...but that's a consequence that I have to deal with. It's no big deal at my age..but if I were 17...I probably couldn't afford to drive it anymore.

Ok..enough of that....I won't even get into the cost of maintenance, insurance, track time....yea dude...it's a big investment.

Do what's right for you man. If you're planning on heading off to college after you get out of HS consentrate on that...there will be PLENTY of time for cars.

Terenus
10-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Oh yea, if you haven't thought about the insurance, you should get a VIN from a dealership and get a quote. You are definately looking at $3000+ a year.

b00stedPin0y
10-19-2006, 08:47 AM
I say if you have the opportunity take it, but do it responsibly. But like everyone else said, you can't just count on your parents to do all the payments, you should help out.

XubIX
10-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah get a dsm to learn from. my first stick car was a 350hp 1997 GS-T. Although i think it was a mistake learning from a car with that much horsepower i gradually moved on to the AWD brother the GSX and then from there i got my Evo IX.

Buttttt if i had the money back then i would have said fuckit and just got the Evo caus im good with cars in general.

krillin
10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
i don't think there's any point in telling this kid to get a different car. it's obvious that he wants an evo no matter what other people say, but it doesn't look like he's going to be able to get a new one since he's graduating in 2008.

blanklett28
10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Man if you want it that bad, i say get it. You only live once man... Just remember want your getting yourself into
especially of your freinds telling you to do this and that..(peer pressure) O0. also other thing, don't bring your
car to school.

Bueller
10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
hey im a newb here. I've been researching a lot on the evo IX. I've always wanted the evo ever since the VII. Well my dad agreed to me if i graduate in honors (in 2008) he'll get me my evo. Right now im driving a 2001 honda accord v6 and it been giving me A LOT of problems. right now its at the dealer because on tuesday the engine kept shutting off and wont start at all anymore. i know its not the battery and the oil cuz we already thought that and tried to change it. well my dad is thinking to just trade in my accord and get me my evo since i've been doing really good in school (4.1 GPA :grin:). i always wanted a car that is fast, something that i can learn from, like a project car. i also want to get into autocross. my question is do you think it would be a bad choice for me to get the car around december?? and trust me im not a dumb driver and i dont abuse my cars. just trying to get your guys' opionions on getting a car this powerful at a young age.

Yes, by all means buy it at your tender age of 16.Â* Its the perfect car to spoil yourself with.Â* Buy it, mod it, ruin it, ruin yourself, ruin your savings, ruin your parents savings, pay 5.6894 gabazillion for insurance (thats IF you can get ins with this car given your age), then wreck it. O0

God, i really luv these posts...i see them on every forum.Â* These kids get on here, try to explain to everyone how theyre so damn special with their 5.9 GPAs :angel:, how good they are, how hard they work...blah blah blah :-PÂ* God i luv these posts. O0Â* Do what you want kid, but if you ask me id say the only reason, if not most of it, why youre asking us is because you proly know what the majority will respond with...ie NO!Â*

No matter how well mannered you think you are and will be...remember theres such a thing called reality.Â* GL with whatever route you pursue, but in reality id say give it a few years before you get a high performance car.Â* Otherwise reality will put your ass in check whether you like it or not. :roll: :mitsu:

d-rew
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
ok i've read everyhitng and took every advice given to me. i know i would be responsible driving an evo. but its true i want a project car. i've figured since im going to be taking a mechanical engineering class at a junior college next semester, i want to tune a car from scratch. thanks for all the advice given, really appreciate it. Im gonna try to set my eyes on right now for a 98 240sx and hopefully get an evo in the future. i forgot a major factor when i first posted this... insurance. thanks for all the replies.

Granny Shifter
10-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I bought mine when I was young. I am young right now too. The majority of teenagers will crash their cars. If you really are responsible, then go ahead. These days, parents are buying kids 3-series, mercedez, jaguar, all sorts of stuff. Just make sure you keep your grades up. Actually, driving an evo made me a safer driver. If you don't wanna get profiled by the popo, stay low.

j_nizzle
10-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Im gonna try to set my eyes on right now for a 98 240sx and hopefully get an evo in the future.

good fkn luck finding one nearly stock and stick....or even the se model that's in good condition for a budget price. you have to keep in mind 240's are the hottest thing in the industry right now. any year, anymodel, etc. seriously, a good project car is a civic for a reason, parts are easy to come by, cheaper, and if you keep it sleeper, less likely to get stolen. good luck overall.

HOCKEY FREAK4
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I am 16 years old. My parents just bought me a brand new GSR IX SE EVO. As of right now it has 100 miles on it and I have loved every second of them. I am using the breaking in period to get a real feel for this car. I say go for it just dont be stupid on the road and take care of your EVO.

OHH, and if you get it just like blanklett28 said never bring it to school. I just borrow my dads SUV to take to school.

avs
12-20-2006, 09:55 PM

If you can't fix a honda accord don't buy an EVO. It's too much of a car for you. Remember DSM=Driver Slash Mechanic.

smokinevo9
12-20-2006, 10:00 PM
simply put < HELL NO >

nicklulu
12-20-2006, 10:15 PM
If you can afford it, as most of the other said go for it. Not most of us is as fortunate as some of you are that your parents can buy this caliber of an automobile.

Heck My first car was a 94 Mazda Protoge. That darn car force me to learn about fixing cars. I was 17 and working full time as a manager for and Arby's and part time manager of a white castle and going to High School full time.

Good for you and you can get the car. But as earlier people said, if you want to get familiar with a car the Evo is not as simplistic as a Honda Civic/Accord. Evo, nice car to have fast, reliable. A hands on car for a beginner to be a car to learn from (maintenance, oil change, performance mod)....... hmmm not really.

Getting it as a reward for hard work, why not. Like Spiderman "with great power, comes great responsibility"

Goodluck with the Evo O0

avs
12-21-2006, 07:35 AM
nm.

nicklulu
12-21-2006, 07:42 AM
I bought mine when I was young. I am young right now too. The majority of teenagers will crash their cars. If you really are responsible, then go ahead. These days, parents are buying kids 3-series, mercedez, jaguar, all sorts of stuff. Just make sure you keep your grades up. Actually, driving an evo made me a safer driver. If you don't wanna get profiled by the popo, stay low.

If you want to get a lot of ho-ho, get the car! :twisted:

Granny Shifter
12-21-2006, 07:47 AM

Definitely the wrong car for that, lol. It is a pure performer.

nicklulu
12-21-2006, 07:56 AM

Definitely the wrong car for that, lol. It is a pure performer.

I hear you on that but, for a 17 yr old girl........ they will jump right in. And dont tell me they wont. :P

cky_bam_marg
12-21-2006, 10:51 AM
If you can afford it, as most of the other said go for it. Not most of us is as fortunate as some of you are that your parents can buy this caliber of an automobile.

Heck My first car was a 94 Mazda Protoge. That darn car force me to learn about fixing cars. I was 17 and working full time as a manager for and Arby's and part time manager of a white castle and going to High School full time.

Good for you and you can get the car. But as earlier people said, if you want to get familiar with a car the Evo is not as simplistic as a Honda Civic/Accord. Evo, nice car to have fast, reliable. A hands on car for a beginner to be a car to learn from (maintenance, oil change, performance mod)....... hmmm not really.

Getting it as a reward for hard work, why not. Like Spiderman "with great power, comes great responsibility"

Goodluck with the Evo O0

first off to the OP ya its a bad idea to get this as ur first car hell i fked up 2 dsms b4 i got the evo and i know that if i got the evo first *which i had the chance to* it would have been totalled by now :-( . so ya gain some experience both driving and mechanical before u jump into a car of this caliber........anywho now onto more important business...

where the hell is there a white castle in socal like no joke i would be there everyday so spill the beans mister???

Thero
12-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I would say in most cases no dont let someone of that age have one but if they think your mature enough to own one than I think you should go for it. Just take it easy for a while because a lot of people underestimate how much power the car has. When you get it you need to post some pictures of it :D

nicklulu
12-21-2006, 10:56 AM

Goodluck with the Evo O0

first off to the OP ya its a bad idea to get this as ur first car hell i fked up 2 dsms b4 i got the evo and i know that if i got the evo first *which i had the chance to* it would have been totalled by now :-( . so ya gain some experience both driving and mechanical before u jump into a car of this caliber........anywho now onto more important business...

where the hell is there a white castle in socal like no joke i would be there everyday so spill the beans mister???

Yoikes!!! there's no White Castle here in the West coast, or at least not that I know of. I use to work on the one in Minnesota. The closes you can go is frozen one's from Ralph's. It's pretty close, esp when you're drunk :grin:

cky_bam_marg
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM

Goodluck with the Evo O0

Yoikes!!! there's no White Castle here in the West coast, or at least not that I know of. I use to work on the one in Minnesota. The closes you can go is frozen one's from Ralph's. It's pretty close, esp when you're drunk :grin:

damn ur a sneaky man!!! u could have said it wasnt here :-( damn u got my hopes all up and such.....kinda like scene in the first duece biggalo when he was like like " i think you made a mistake....and the other chick says did you say steak!!!" lol and i know all about those frozen ones lol...damn well i guess its legends....and roscoes chicken and waffles for me.....i need to find a fat burger and a big boys burger lol :-)!!!

Granny Shifter
12-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Yoikes, ahahhaaha. I haven't heard that word since never.

boostin_terrier
12-22-2006, 01:26 AM
go ahead get it, if your smart and respect the power of your car and dont be stupid about anything then it should work out fine who gives a shit what anyone says

however if your the opposite god be with you....when street racing blew up after fast n furious came out up in seattle, highschool kids were always getting killed or almost killed, not saying your like them but none of them were "adults"

then again i know kids who could probably out drive most people on this forum but they were raised in a family generation after generation of racers/mechanics ect so thats a different story.

not sure what your entire story is but be careful we dont want to hear about you being scraped off the pavement and your car being turned into a coffee table.

OLIVER IX
12-22-2006, 02:09 AM
go ahead get it, if your smart and respect the power of your car and dont be stupid about anything then it should work out fine who gives a shit what anyone says

however if your the opposite god be with you....when street racing blew up after fast n furious came out up in seattle, highschool kids were always getting killed or almost killed, not saying your like them but none of them were "adults"

then again i know kids who could probably out drive most people on this forum but they were raised in a family generation after generation of racers/mechanics ect so thats a different story.

not sure what your entire story is but be careful we dont want to hear about you being scraped off the pavement and your car being turned into a coffee table.

+1

depache
12-27-2006, 09:40 PM
buy the EVO at age 16 FTW! im in the same seat.. but my parents want me to get an Audi/BMW/Benz.... i want the EVO :)

JOOTZ
12-27-2006, 09:45 PM
go for it

240sxmonster
12-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Just go for it and be rsponsible with it! O0

HOCKEY FREAK4
12-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Go for it dude

j_nizzle
12-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Go for it dude
I am 16 and my parents got me an EVO 9. Took alot of persuading and good grades. Just drive responsible and dont do stupid stuff.

keep it up bro. dont be a statistic!

ranmonbu
12-30-2006, 09:17 PM
The Evo is a great car for a young driver.Â* Ask your folks to decide what type of closed casket will go good with your totalled Evo and mutilated corpse.Â* Power corrupts...and Evo's corrupt absolutely.Â* I'm old enough to have kids a lot older than you.Â* Life is too short already...Why die young?

HOCKEY FREAK4
12-31-2006, 05:18 PM
The Evo is a great car for a young driver. Ask your folks to decide what type of closed casket will go good with your totalled Evo and mutilated corpse. Power corrupts...and Evo's corrupt absolutely. I'm old enough to have kids a lot older than you. Life is too short already...Why die young?

You are so wrong

HeLLA JDM y0
12-31-2006, 10:09 PM
back when i was 16 (i'm 19 now) i wanted the evo 8 very badly. however i made the smart decision to go with a honda and mod the crap out of it. i learned alot from that honda (good and bad) and i've never regretted getting it one bit. if you want and evo, and your parents can afford it for you then by all means go for it. however, if you wan't to "learn" from it and all that then hell no man. i strongly suggest you get an eclipse gsx or something... since it's somewhat similar to the evo.

ohhgyeahfasho
01-01-2007, 01:26 AM
back when i was 16 (i'm 19 now) i wanted the evo 8 very badly. however i made the smart decision to go with a honda and mod the crap out of it. i learned alot from that honda (good and bad) and i've never regretted getting it one bit. if you want and evo, and your parents can afford it for you then by all means go for it. however, if you wan't to "learn" from it and all that then hell no man. i strongly suggest you get an eclipse gsx or something... since it's somewhat similar to the evo.

zomgzomg! did u just say an evo is similar to an eclipse gsx!? OH GOD, THE HUMANITY! THE DISGRACE :( ....dont SAY THAT! EVO's are EVO'S! :D anyways back on topic, just dont buy it just so you can 'loook' cool and race people on the streets..we bought the car because we like the performance of the car. with that in mind, this car has a high rate of crashing which is why insurance is soo high, the car is "Z" level (statistically really f*cking high crashing rate).. :D if your gonna be an immature brat i say go buy a prius or a hybrid or something.. :D HAHA

Skiracer
01-01-2007, 01:43 AM
a 16 yr old Evo is a spoiled brat!

HeLLA JDM y0
01-01-2007, 02:50 AM

zomgzomg! did u just say an evo is similar to an eclipse gsx!? OH GOD, THE HUMANITY! THE DISGRACE :( ....dont SAY THAT! EVO's are EVO'S! :D anyways back on topic, just dont buy it just so you can 'loook' cool and race people on the streets..we bought the car because we like the performance of the car. with that in mind, this car has a high rate of crashing which is why insurance is soo high, the car is "Z" level (statistically really f*cking high crashing rate).. :D if your gonna be an immature brat i say go buy a prius or a hybrid or something.. :D HAHA

uh, i said somewhat.

ohhgyeahfasho
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM

uh, i said somewhat.

i was just messing around when i said that first part, if u couldnt tell... :D

depache
01-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Friend has an 05 WRX STi... he had it since he was 15 1/2 years old... he's responsible and drives within his limits... and everythings fine and he has had the car for over a year now..... i would say if you know you can take the responsibilty of the fast car... go for evo .... otherwise... BOOM! you might end up regreting it... after i drove the Evo for the first time... mann did i wannna push that baby :).... but i keep it under control. GO FOR THE EVO!!

RgistRdShowoffIX
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
:lol: too lazy to read it thru but did he get it yet? from the last post i'm guessing not? :? iono...:shrug:

Granny Shifter
01-03-2007, 03:15 AM
For the 16-17 year old. Don't complain when you die.