PDA

View Full Version : CNN sniper video

Cr0mster
10-20-2006, 08:23 AM
All I can say is that CNN has dropped to a whole new level. Showing a video of insurgents sniping no less than 10 american soldiers disgusts me. This video only serves 2 purposes. Ratings and to embolden our enemies. They now know all they have to do is send videos to CNN of them killing our troops and it will get air time here in the USA. Amazing that this was run so close to an upcoming election.Â* :roll:

Wonder if they would show videos of reporters getting smoked as quickly as they ran this piece?

Here is a link to CNN blogging why they showed the video. They say it is an untarnished version of the war. No shit people are dying.... So lets make a point of making money off the lives of our troops. Who cares if their families see this is the attitude of Al Jazerra errr I mean CNN.Â* :tickedoff:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/10/why-we-aired-sniper-video.html

Terry S
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
un-fucking-believable.

Communist News Network indeed.

They aired this video for two reasons. One so they would get the ratings. And Two, so their precious Democrat party wins in November.

Bunch of worthless assholes.

Terry S

Macky
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I saw that video too and it really hits home. hard.

Bad move by CNN.

boostless
10-22-2006, 10:27 AM
It's like that they actually showed the vid. It had the effect that it should. People (Americans) are in the dark about what REALLY happens out there. Wake up!!! It's pretty bad out there.

Cr0mster
10-22-2006, 11:04 AM
It's like that they actually showed the vid. It had the effect that it should. People (Americans) are in the dark about what REALLY happens out there. Wake up!!! It's pretty bad out there.

Anyone that has family or friends in Iraq knows what it is like over there right now. My problem is that there is no reason to show our soldiers being killed other than to sway upcoming elections.

Terry S
10-23-2006, 08:28 AM

Sounds like your the one that needs to wake up. People are over there and its not a fucking rose garden. It's been that way for years now. If you didn't realize that until you saw this video then your just a fucking retard. Period.

This should have been left to the internet jihad sites where this worthless crap belongs.

Terry S

Eckolaker
10-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Jesus fucking hypocritical christ...

How can you react like this?

Fox news has shown videos worst then this almost daily. All of them are what American forces were doing down there.

What about the "Shock and Awe" campaign launched at the start of the war? Those werent empty buildings.

What about the video that Fox news replayed over and over of that helicopter gun ship launching rockets and shooting 40cal machines guns at dudes running out of houses and shit? Yeah, thats right, the night vision scope showing rounds hitting the dudes and body parts being blown off.

For fucks sake, fucking hypocrits.

Cr0mster
10-23-2006, 11:10 AM

Fox news has shown videos worst then this almost daily. All of them are what American forces were doing down there.

What about the "Shock and Awe" campaign launched at the start of the war? Those werent empty buildings.

What about the video that Fox news replayed over and over of that helicopter gun ship launching rockets and shooting 40cal machines guns at dudes running out of houses and shit? Yeah, thats right, the night vision scope showing rounds hitting the dudes and body parts being blown off.

Nothing hypocritical about it at all. I am not talking about people being killed. I am talking about AMERICAN TROOPS, the ones that are defending your right to call us hypocrits... I could give 2 shits about terrosists getting the shit shot out of them.

Absinthe
10-23-2006, 11:16 AM
so are you saying this is bad becuase it shows our guys dying but its good to show thier guys getting wasted?

Yeah please sign me up for a world where I only get half the story...

show both or neither, its the same thing from a different perspective, and frankly I'd rather see more than less and just make up my own mind.

x[corwyn]
10-23-2006, 12:19 PM
I have been wondering how long it would take for us to get videos like this. Personally seeing that video makes me more aware that there is still an issue there....I know thanks, Captain Obvious, but really you hear but dont see anything. Vietnam had better coverage than what we see here. Everything is VERY whitewashed. Maybe if there are move videos like this, there will be more decisive action than the stalemate we seem to be wallowing in right now.

Eckolaker
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM

Nothing hypocritical about it at all. I am not talking about people being killed. I am talking about AMERICAN TROOPS, the ones that are defending your right to call us hypocrits... I could give 2 shits about terrosists getting the shit shot out of them.

So everyone in Iraq is a Terrorist now?

If you think that our troops our over there defending our freedoms, you are sorely mistaken.

First off, we alledgedly went there to setup a democracy. Which has nothing to do with our freedoms. Nor has that been done to date.

Secondly, we were told that Iraq was a terrorist supporting nation. Also false, do your homework. If anything we created the terrorist breeding ground in Iraq, See the National Intelligence Committee report released in September.

Cr0mster
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM

So everyone in Iraq is a Terrorist now?

If you think that our troops our over there defending our freedoms, you are sorely mistaken.

First off, we alledgedly went there to setup a democracy. Which has nothing to do with our freedoms. Nor has that been done to date.

Secondly, we were told that Iraq was a terrorist supporting nation. Also false, do your homework. If anything we created the terrorist breeding ground in Iraq, See the National Intelligence Committee report released in September.

I am an american. That makes me not want to see american troops getting shot while doing a job they have no choice in doing. I guess you could call it cheering on the home team.

If you want to hate Bush and everything he has done feel free, but that doesn't make showing our troops get sniped on TV OK. Are you one of these libs that wants us to lose over in Iraq? Just wondering.

As for bombing civilians, I can accept that it is part of war. We are so busy fighting a PC war that it sickens me. It is costing far more lives than it should. There is a reason World War 2 and World War 1 ended. It was because there was a lack of imbedded reporters and people begging for us to not kill civilians. You hit them so hard that they call their exsistance into question. So hard they start to ask if this is worth it. We have failed to do that, so now we have people dying while trying to play nice and fight a war at the same time.

Eckolaker
10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I am an american. That makes me not want to see american troops getting shot while doing a job they have no choice in doing. I guess you could call it cheering on the home team.

If you want to hate Bush and everything he has done feel free, but that doesn't make showing our troops get sniped on TV OK. Are you one of these libs that wants us to lose over in Iraq? Just wondering.

As for bombing civilians, I can accept that it is part of war. We are so busy fighting a PC war that it sickens me. It is costing far more lives than it should. There is a reason World War 2 and World War 1 ended. It was because there was a lack of imbedded reporters and people begging for us to not kill civilians. You hit them so hard that they call their exsistance into question. So hard they start to ask if this is worth it. We have failed to do that, so now we have people dying while trying to play nice and fight a war at the same time.

Contridict yourself more often why don't you...

Cheering for the home team? You can't be serious... So its okay for the home to cheat the game in order to "win"

You know what, I sympathize with our troops. Those men and women are over there dying everyday..and for what?

You say liberals want to "lose the war" in Iraq. What are you nutz? You must be one of those guys that says "if we don't fight them there, were going to have to fight them here". Kinda people. Since we're on the subject of throwing around labels.

What defines winning in Iraq? Can you even answer that question? Who is supposed to win?

If you can answer that, then why havent you been hired by the pentagon as a military analyst? According to the generals on the ground, the Iraq war is un-winnable in the sense you would like to think winning.

So its okay for civilians to die in war? All part of the terrible nature of war, right? Comes with the territory.

So how then can you not share the same morals about our troops? Its all part of the terrible nature of war right? Comes with the territory, right?

We drop nukes on Iraq, but they snipe of few of our soldiers and all the "flag waivers" are up in arms?

http://www.halturnershow.com/TacticalNukeDetonatedInIraq.wmv

Cr0mster
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM

Contridict yourself more often why don't you...

Cheering for the home team? You can't be serious... So its okay for the home to cheat the game in order to "win"

You know what, I sympathize with our troops. Those men and women are over there dying everyday..and for what?

You say liberals want to "lose the war" in Iraq. What are you nutz? You must be one of those guys that says "if we don't fight them there, were going to have to fight them here". Kinda people. Since we're on the subject of throwing around labels.

What defines winning in Iraq? Can you even answer that question? Who is supposed to win?

If you can answer that, then why havent you been hired by the pentagon as a military analyst? According to the generals on the ground, the Iraq war is un-winnable in the sense you would like to think winning.

So its okay for civilians to die in war? All part of the terrible nature of war, right? Comes with the territory.

So how then can you not share the same morals about our troops? Its all part of the terrible nature of war right? Comes with the territory, right?

We drop nukes on Iraq, but they snipe of few of our soldiers and all the "flag waivers" are up in arms?

http://www.halturnershow.com/TacticalNukeDetonatedInIraq.wmv

Oh god I hope your kidding. A nuke? That was a video of when one of our ammo dumps went up in flames. Normal weapons can cause mushroom clouds... Here are a few links to help prove I am not making this up.

http://rapidrecon.threatswatch.org/2006/10/american-ammo-dump-fire-an-ins/

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2551948

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?id=8083

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/RAS036706.htm

While I don't speak arabic I can imagine that was a video talking about the nuke the great satan just dropped on their people! The fact that you just said that we dropped nukes on them has shown me this discussion is going to go no where so I will let you get back to smoking out of your peace pipe and coming up with conspiracy theories.

Eckolaker
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Ammo dumps do not light up the sky with an intense white light.

Ammo dumps do not produce Mushroom clouds that glow at night.

Its a tactical nuke

Terry S
10-24-2006, 01:32 PM

Its a tactical nuke

Ammo dump would produce an intense white light as viewed by a camera.

And yes, the mushroom cloud would have burning materials in it that would make it look like it glows.

Quick way to check for a tactical nuke... Was there a total failure of electronics in the area around the explosion?

Nope? Well, then no nuke.

Terry S

bbar
10-24-2006, 03:45 PM

Its a tactical nuke

I could wrap some gun powder in a paper towel, stick a fuse in it, light it, and then see a mushroom cloud. I could do it at night and shine a flashlight at it to make it glow, if you really wanted to see a glowing mushroom cloud.

Nuclear weapons emit high energy photons, which create an asymmetric electric field (this is called an electromagnetic pulse). Here's a link if you're interested as to how this works: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/quantum/comptint.html. The pulse from even a low yield nuclear weapon would release these photons and therefore destroy the power grid in that section of the city. As a result, the lights would go off in that part of the city. The video doesn't show this.

Also, the pressure from the shockwave, which is created by the x-rays emitted from a nuclear device, would have destroyed all the structures around ground zero. This didn't happen either. Here are some pictures of the Falcon Ammo Dump (before and after): http://www.rense.com/general73/falcphotos.htm.

There are many other ways to tell that this explosion wasn't nuclear, but the two above points should be plenty.

Cr0mster
10-24-2006, 08:03 PM

Its a tactical nuke

If you believe the terrorist news network then I suppose it was a tactical nuke. Thanks for confirming that a pipe is involved in the process of coming up with your replies. Wait! What is that in the sky?!?! A black helicopter!
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/systems/dvic330.jpg

p.s. Please don't vote, just the thought of it makes me shiver....

Ricardon
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM

Its a tactical nuke

Wow. I can sleep tonight knowing 100% without a shadow of a doubt that I am not the biggest moron in the world!

I just got a hard on.

Terry S
10-25-2006, 09:48 AM
I just got a hard on.

Hahahahah You would get one from that Rich.

Terry S

Eckolaker
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Im sorry, I forgot when posting here I was in the company of Nuclear physicists and ordinance experts.

GTFO.

Terry S
10-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Im sorry, I forgot when posting here I was in the company of Nuclear physicists and ordinance experts.

GTFO.

Oh come on... You know detecting a nuclear blast doesn't require one to be a physicist or ordinance expert. There are some pretty straight forward tests that anyone with their head on straight could check for.

At the very very most, that could have been explosions of depleated uranium tipped weapons. But seriously, there's no way you could see that explosion as a tactical nuke.

Terry S

Cr0mster
10-25-2006, 12:40 PM

GTFO.

You need to get a http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/Clue-Game.jpg and lay off the http://www.bolinat.com/unique/products/reg/5521.jpg

Ricardon
10-25-2006, 01:22 PM

GTFO.

You're forgetting that you are posting on a lolinternetmessageboard. It doesn't matter if this is a Car forum, a nuclear physicist and ordinance expert forum, a knitting forum, a sports forum, or a homosexual midget stripper forum...you make retarded posts and you'll get treated like a retard amirite? Making stupid comments gets you flamed, k?

I especially enjoyed your superawesomeinternetking closer. GTFO to close a post is so 5 years ago.

Macky
10-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Rich's farts make glowing mushroom clouds at night.

Ricardon
10-25-2006, 04:33 PM

Only when I eat Pilipino pood! Pibe Pipty Pibe!!!!

Translation: Only when I eat Filipino food. $5.55!!!!

4G63 FEVER
10-25-2006, 04:45 PM

Its a tactical nuke

You are a fucking idiot! The last nuke we did was in Japan. Can you imagine the field day the liberal media would have if we did that?

You are way out of your league junior, go find another place to spout your brain dead ideas. Moveon.org is your domain.

Cr0mster
10-25-2006, 04:56 PM

Its a tactical nuke

You are a fucking idiot! The last nuke we did was in Japan. Can you imagine the field day the liberal media would have if we did that?

You are way out of your league junior, go find another place to spout your brain dead ideas. Moveon.org is your domain.

BUT,BUT,BUT AL JAZZERA SAID IT WAS A NUKE SO IT HAS TO BE TRUE!!!! GTFO!

evobeaner
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM

Only when I eat Pilipino pood! Pibe Pipty Pibe!!!!

Translation: Only when I eat Filipino food. $5.55!!!!

:2funny:

TougeMonster
10-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Actually those choppers are dropping "Willy Petes" aka White Phosphorus flares down to mark targets. But those flares burn white hot and can kill people in the immediate area. Not a pretty or painless way to go either.

But I think Americans should see what's really going on out there. Yes, there are troops being killed everyday and that's just the reality of war. Hopefully they'll all come back soon, but just because you don't see it on the news doesn't mean it's not happening.

Chris in SD
10-31-2006, 03:22 AM
I think it's good to see what's really happening, but anyone with a brain KNOWS CNN did it for the above-mentioned (despicable reasons). If they showed the video in a piece about propaganda videos from both sides (i.e. Blackwater video, then AQ in Iraq video, then US Mil video, then Tawhid wa al-Jihad video, etc.), then it would make sense in the context of their story. To show US soldiers and Marines being executed while the shooter chants "God, he is greatest" is pretty sickening. No news show I've seen in the US showed US snipers blowing the heads off of Iraqi insurgents/foreign terrorists.

That said, every time I see their Jihadist bullshit, it just fires me up to keep doing my job and put an end to these pieces of shit. Sometimes I wish fucktards like Eckolaker would go over there and join the Jihad they so love and cherish.... Yes I did just write that and I mean it.

trinydex
10-31-2006, 04:25 AM

GTFO.

Oh come on... You know detecting a nuclear blast doesn't require one to be a physicist or ordinance expert. There are some pretty straight forward tests that anyone with their head on straight could check for.

At the very very most, that could have been explosions of depleated uranium tipped weapons. But seriously, there's no way you could see that explosion as a tactical nuke.

Terry S
HAH nuclear physicist, that's me! jk. but that wasn't a nuke. a nuclear explosion is much larger than that. you'll also notice there was no shockwave. if it was indeed a nuclear blast the distance at which the camra was at would have felt the shockwave, there's no doubt about it. you'd also see the shockwave propagate.

tank shells are uranium tipped and i do believe it was the detonation of a whole lotta those... which sucks cuz they're major money for each shot.

also it would make no damn sense for us to unleash a nuke in iraq, we have countless people on the ground that would suffer from radiation poisoning and an above surface detonation would spread stuff that affect people in other countries. people in the world do not set off nukes above ground without serious global consequences these days. even north korea knows that shit.

Ricardon
11-01-2006, 04:01 PM
It's funny how we always hear people say things like "rwar we should just go over to <insert name of rival country here> and nuke the shit out of them!!!" I wonder how many of the people that actually say that understand whats involved with using a nuclear weapon. There is a reason they aren't used (see triny's post). Besides, current technology kind of negates the need for nuclear weapons. Specific targets can be taken out individually now, we don't have to worry about carpet bombing or leveling an entire city just to be sure we took out that one communications building lol.

That being said...rwar we should go over to Iraq and nuke the shit out of them!!!

x[corwyn]
11-01-2006, 04:10 PM
It's funny how we always hear people say things like "rwar we should just go over to and nuke the shit out of them!!!" I wonder how many of the people that actually say that understand whats involved with using a nuclear weapon. There is a reason they aren't used (see triny's post). Besides, current technology kind of negates the need for nuclear weapons. Specific targets can be taken out individually now, we don't have to worry about carpet bombing or leveling an entire city just to be sure we took out that one communications building lol.

That being said...rwar we should go over to Iraq and nuke the shit out of them!!!

Nuke 'em! Then take a giant radioactive crap on them.

trinydex
11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
It's funny how we always hear people say things like "rwar we should just go over to <insert name of rival country here> and nuke the shit out of them!!!" I wonder how many of the people that actually say that understand whats involved with using a nuclear weapon. There is a reason they aren't used (see triny's post). Besides, current technology kind of negates the need for nuclear weapons. Specific targets can be taken out individually now, we don't have to worry about carpet bombing or leveling an entire city just to be sure we took out that one communications building lol.

this is precisely right... there is no need for nukes these days. there is a plane called the b52 stratofortress http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-52H that can carry 20 of these advanced cruise missiles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-129_ACM which fly low to the ground and use lidar terrain tracking to find their targets. powered by serious turbofan engines that go subsonic speeds in order to conceal flight.

one of these airships can basically dessimate anything you'd ever wanna nuke with precision and quite frankly a low political profile. it's expensive, but so is a nuke! none of the nuke nasty consequences and it's a low risk mission because these can be deployed from quite far away.

who the hell needs kamakazee pilots these days??? a cruise missile is the same thing with more bang and no dead americans.

Chris in SD
11-02-2006, 04:08 AM
No need for nukes when there is the MOAB http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/moab.htm

After those contractors got killed, burned, and desecrated in Fallujah, I thought we should have dropped a couple of MOABs on Fallujah and turned it into dust.

Ricardon
11-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Nah use that "conventional" bomb that's based off gasoline...one of those can level an entire city (albeit a small city) without radioactive fallout too. Someone look up the info on what I'm talking about because I'm too lazy and ya'll are much bigger nerds than I with your links!

Here's an idea. Let's just pull out of Iraq entirely, have the government issue bags of microwave popcorn to every american household with a television and broadcast that shithole rip itself apart on live T.V.

Cr0mster
11-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Nah use that "conventional" bomb that's based off gasoline...one of those can level an entire city (albeit a small city) without radioactive fallout too. Someone look up the info on what I'm talking about because I'm too lazy and ya'll are much bigger nerds than I with your links!

Here's an idea. Let's just pull out of Iraq entirely, have the government issue bags of microwave popcorn to every american household with a television and broadcast that shithole rip itself apart on live T.V.

So your saying we should nuke them?!?! We already did you dumb dumb head! Evolaker has made me see the light and you all are WRONG!

trinydex
11-02-2006, 09:34 PM
gosh you're so dumb... if it was a nuke... where are the geiger counters and the world bitching about radioactive winds all other the world??? funny we don't hear anything from iran germany or anyone about that kinda thing... that also woulda been the lowest yield nuclear device ever detonated, much smaller than hiroshima and nagasaki.

Cr0mster
11-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I say we use http://www.jfkmontreal.com/nuclear_explosion/nuclear_bomb.jpg to turn http://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/meast/02/16/iraq.airstrike/iraq.no.fly.zone.4.jpg into a sheet of http://www.originalabsinthe.com/images/absinthe-glass-perigord.jpg OMG IMAGES ARE FUN!!!!

Cr0mster
11-02-2006, 11:16 PM

GTFO.

Where did Eckolaker go?!?! He told us to GTFO and now he is no where to be seen. I want to be entertained!

Chris in SD
11-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Logic has overtaken him...

I agree 100% about telling Al-Maliki, Talabani, Sistani, etc. to go fuck themselves, pull our troops out on transports full of Iraqi oil, and let them kill each other. Fucking savages...

Terry S
11-03-2006, 10:07 AM

Daisy Cutter.

Or the MOAB. (see the post above yours)

Terry S

blkside
11-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I am so glad that Rich told me about this thread. One thats fucked that they would show that and especially during the election. There are videos all over the net of US soldiers being shot...I know cause I have a couple.. but this is fucked. Second Eckolacker... you are one of the most ignorant people I have had the priveledge of reading their posts. You talk out of your ass better than John Kerry...oops I meant Jim Carrey. We dont use nukes and for that matter we havent used anything larger than a 1K during this campaign. I personally want a daisy cutter in Baghdad... And for those that dont know what a daisy cutter is...its like Halon..it sux ALL O2 (thats oxygen Eckolacker) out of the surrounding area...and the next time you throw out one of those famous why dont you see how it is over there lines...some of us have you little Faggot.. I just got back from my third turn. Go huddle in the corner and STFU

boostless
11-05-2006, 02:17 PM

Sounds like your the one that needs to wake up. People are over there and its not a fucking rose garden. It's been that way for years now. If you didn't realize that until you saw this video then your just a fucking retard. Period.

This should have been left to the internet jihad sites where this worthless crap belongs.

Terry S

STFU...Dont fuckin doubt my patriotism. Did I say that I didn't know what was going on!?! Find it in that quote. Obviously reading isn't one of your strong points. Im also not going to point out that it's pathetic that the only effective way you can get your pt across is to call names. Im not going to reduce myself to a pissing contest.

I come from a military family. The effin problem is that Americans have become complacent with this "war" because it's not our face and it's not effecting us every second of the day. Americans listen to the WIIFM station (whats in it for me). And you're a "fucking retard" if you think that ALL Americans KNOW what's going on out there.

All you hear in the media is people "wounded" or "killed." Our media hides the horrendous activities that go on out there and showing that video makes it REAL to people. Yeah FAMILIES understand whats going on but in the end theyre a small part of the population that actually understand the extent of it. They're the ones that have their "wounded"(note how vague that is) family memebers showing up with both legs missing. Thats hardly "wounded" to me.

If people come to the realization of this war with it being put in their faces (through whatever methods), instead of jumping on the backs of the people that actually do research, there will be a more sense of urgency.

blkside
11-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Well I am glad you come from a military family. At least someone in your family has balls. No one doubtred your patriotism . We doubt your moral sense of responsibility. Would you like to are the video of your family member burning to death in an accident on tv. Doubt it. Well I don't wanna see fellow soldiers getting hurt or killed. I don't give a fuck if you and your friends are what goes on. You wanna are what goes on then get the fuck off your as and join the military. I have been deployed 3 times. I have a spot for you. Burning shit. So before you talk out your ass read his post dick he didn't doubt your patriotism. But I doubt your knowledge on this subject. If you haven't seen it first hand then you are giving others points of view. Maybe you should èxlain more about military family. I have. Family paperwork from 1886.

Terry S
11-06-2006, 10:30 AM
STFU...Dont fuckin doubt my patriotism. Did I say that I didn't know what was going on!?! Find it in that quote. Obviously reading isn't one of your strong points. Im also not going to point out that it's pathetic that the only effective way you can get your pt across is to call names. Im not going to reduce myself to a pissing contest.

I come from a military family. The effin problem is that Americans have become complacent with this "war" because it's not our face and it's not effecting us every second of the day. Americans listen to the WIIFM station (whats in it for me). And you're a "fucking retard" if you think that ALL Americans KNOW what's going on out there.

All you hear in the media is people "wounded" or "killed." Our media hides the horrendous activities that go on out there and showing that video makes it REAL to people. Yeah FAMILIES understand whats going on but in the end theyre a small part of the population that actually understand the extent of it. They're the ones that have their "wounded"(note how vague that is) family memebers showing up with both legs missing. Thats hardly "wounded" to me.

If people come to the realization of this war with it being put in their faces (through whatever methods), instead of jumping on the backs of the people that actually do research, there will be a more sense of urgency.

Once again, you need to wake up.

People know whats going on over there. It's being covered day in and day out.

This was yet another sucker punch at the American psyche by the Democrat party to try to "shock" people into hating Republicans.

I was thinking of just walking up to people at a mall and asking them if they realized that people were being shot in the head and ambushed over in Iraq, video tape the conversations and post it up here to further prove to you that you seem to be the only one in denial here if you felt that video was "needed to wake up America."

Terry S

boostless
11-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Its apparent that you're clouded by your anger...which is understandable. BUT the truth is that to find the truth of whats going on there, you have to know someone OR NOT be a sheep in listening to what politicians try to blow up our asses.

Its being covered by the media everyday but do you honestly think that theyre really getting across to the people what really happens there? It's not a movie(people try to relate). If you do that's where you and I differ and we'll agree to disagree.

No one wants to see anyone be harmed. I saw that video long before it was shown on CNN and i cant explain the anger that i have toward these people. But what I will say is that seeing that was COMPLETELY different from the events CNN were broadcasting before.

I took his statement saying that my thoughts (as if i were supporting terrorism) belong on "jihad television" as an attack on my patriotism. Im sure that if he said that to you, you wouldn't have been too happy about it either.

I had an opportunity to pursue going to Westpoint but I CHOSE otherwise. If choosing to not go into the military (for personal reasons that you'd be ashamed for belittling) and not following my father's footsteps means that I don't have balls...then you've just offended 99.9% of the people that support you, and want you to come home. I don't need to prove shit to you "dick". My cousin that I'm very close to has just come back (thank god) from his second tour to Iraq

"Burning Shit"....WOW... I don't know if what I said warranted that but it's gravy.

I pray for you and keep your head up. This post is pretty long so I hope you read CAREFULLY

blkside
11-07-2006, 03:10 AM
You see you are totally getting me being frustrated with the same old shit for anger. When you make the comments such as you have about people not knowing, there is very few people that I believe dont know what is happening. Some people like my wife dont need to see it. So if you take offense to what I said I am glad cause I would rather have your feelings hurt than have my wife up crying even more than she was while I was gone these last couple of times. You never did answer my question. Would you wanna watch it if that was your cousin. Well that was SOMEBODYS family member. I am glad you chose a life other than the military because it seems like you are the ones that answer the question of why did you join...."for the college money". I have been doing this a long time and have heard every angle to this war you can imagine.... but through all of them I still dont want my family or friends to see me being shot on TV...

Terry S
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Its apparent that you're clouded by your anger...which is understandable. BUT the truth is that to find the truth of whats going on there, you have to know someone OR NOT be a sheep in listening to what politicians try to blow up our asses.

Its being covered by the media everyday but do you honestly think that theyre really getting across to the people what really happens there? It's not a movie(people try to relate). If you do that's where you and I differ and we'll agree to disagree.

No one wants to see anyone be harmed. I saw that video long before it was shown on CNN and i cant explain the anger that i have toward these people. But what I will say is that seeing that was COMPLETELY different from the events CNN were broadcasting before.

I took his statement saying that my thoughts (as if i were supporting terrorism) belong on "jihad television" as an attack on my patriotism. Im sure that if he said that to you, you wouldn't have been too happy about it either.

I had an opportunity to pursue going to Westpoint but I CHOSE otherwise. If choosing to not go into the military (for personal reasons that you'd be ashamed for belittling) and not following my father's footsteps means that I don't have balls...then you've just offended 99.9% of the people that support you, and want you to come home. I don't need to prove shit to you "dick". My cousin that I'm very close to has just come back (thank god) from his second tour to Iraq

"Burning Shit"....WOW... I don't know if what I said warranted that but it's gravy.

I pray for you and keep your head up. This post is pretty long so I hope you read CAREFULLY

So by your own admittance, you're saying that I can surely find "someone" who isn't "fully aware" of what's going on over there. Sure I can. Just like ANYTHING with current events (even long running ones) you can find someone who just doesn't care about the details and/or has nothing invested in it so they dont want to know. They dont count. They fall into the stereotypical ~10%.

And yes. You can disagree with me all you want, but you'd be wrong. Sorry, but your wrong. That's right, your wrong. Just because the news reporter said, "3 soldiers died in Iraq today during a patrol" doesn't mean that people cant fathom that it's someone's family member that died. It's why they don't have to do the news reports like this: "Jeff Smith, that 24 year old kid that lives down the street from you, was shot in the head, spilling his brains to the pavement while off in the shadows another young kid ran off chanting 'god is great". Here's the video of him with a "splitting headache" :insert generic laugh here:."

People aren't in debate that people are dying. And hearing of some soldier dying on a patrol ALWAYS conjures up images of unhappy thoughts to anyone who has PAID ATTENTION to current events (remember the 10% exclusionary rule). Seriously, this video (and I do believe that's the topic we're supposed to be talking about here) was still, regardless of anyones opinion, inappropriate to show on prime time TV and wrong of CNN. As I said before, the VIDEO belongs on jihad websites and not on CNN primetime which is where CNN basically got this. (Your opinion isn't what was being referred to)

So in short, I don't care about your patriotism. That has never been in question by any of the posters on here. Just know that your "opinion" is wrong about needing this video to be shown to prove to people that when the news reports say someone died, it wasn't a joke.

Terry S

Macky
11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
put it this way...

if that was your brother/cousin/friend/someone you knew or someone else's brother/cousin/friend, would you want it shown countless times on national TV, with the video footage obviously displaying that it was shot by terrorists?

there is a reason why the military does not disclose the names/faces of fallen servicemen until the family has been notified. suppose a family friend/loved one or relative recognizes the person(s) shown in the video. how do you think they would feel? people already know we have soldiers who die there almost everyday. its painful as it is - and showing the public them dying is just morally wrong on so many levels. there is a much more respectful way to show that men and women serving in the armed forces are dying for our freedom...like covering a flag-draped casket getting carried down by honor guards from a military cargo plane onto an awaiting hearse. a video of a soldier getting shot is just not it.

CNN showing this is wrong. i stand by my original comment and agree with blkside and TerryS on this. I was in the army before and also known friends who were KIA. I would raise hell if someone displayed a video of one of my friends getting shot while on duty. Its just not something a "civilized" news broadcasting company should have done in the first place, unless they are trying to compete with the jihad websites in online popularity contests.

boostless
11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Okay...I've been stressing myself out at work over this all day. And I say that because most people who get in a debate don't try to understand where the other person is coming from. I want to try and clarify where I'm coming from:

I'll agree with everyone here...the video was inappropriate to show on primetime TV because there are many more people that it would effect with the severity that you're explaining (family, wives and the like) I would HATE to see a family member in any of the videos posted, and after seeing a couple of them, I had to step back in order to stop being that "angry at the world" guy

The reason I said it is this...and bare with me: I live and work in Irvine, where everyone is SO fucking concerned about what they have. They over-extend themselves in order to feel like they're "ballin." The office I work in has a bunch of women that cackle, gossip, and read BS like "US Weekly." It's all shit...why do they care so much about who britiney spears is fucking? I tell them, "There are thousands of things that are more important in life than this BS..." That's where my "complacent with the war" comment came from.

People continue to ask me why I didn't take the 30k that I spent on my EVO, and put it toward a BMW or Mercedes. I have to tell them, "because I don't care about the image people give me (in relation to what car I drive)."

When those people came into the office after seeing that video, there was a sense of sadness and anger...and they said that it surprised them because it was so "REAL." In my head I began thinking "Of course it's fucking real!!...these people(co-workers) are concerning themselves with the most shallow aspects of life." That's why I used the euphemism "waking up" So I guess it's not a issue of not knowing, but more of an "im pre-occupied with myself" state of mind because they're so removed from it. Being here, I'm surrounded by that 10% of the population.

Because I was trying to make a six page paper into a readable brief message, it left it open to intepretation. Your statements about certain people seeing it didn't click as I were typing. I was coming from the angle of what I just explained.

I hope this diffuses the animosity toward what I said.

blkside
11-07-2006, 07:08 PM
No animosity bro just frustration. Your last statement conveys a more thought out sentiment and I totally understand it. Its funny cause here around post if you get pulled over for speeding cops are like its another fucking soldier... but if it happens 150 miles away the Officer is usally like thanks for serving... lift on the pedal a little...so it all depends on where you are at.... Thanks for clarifying... I owe you a coffee...

gen4k20a2
11-07-2006, 07:21 PM
the US government should take them off the air for that. I call TREASON!

blkside
11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I call stupidity

Ricardon
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay...I've been stressing myself out at work over this all day. And I say that because most people who get in a debate don't try to understand where the other person is coming from. I want to try and clarify where I'm coming from:

I'll agree with everyone here...the video was inappropriate to show on primetime TV because there are many more people that it would effect with the severity that you're explaining (family, wives and the like) I would HATE to see a family member in any of the videos posted, and after seeing a couple of them, I had to step back in order to stop being that "angry at the world" guy

The reason I said it is this...and bare with me: I live and work in Irvine, where everyone is SO fucking concerned about what they have. They over-extend themselves in order to feel like they're "ballin." The office I work in has a bunch of women that cackle, gossip, and read BS like "US Weekly." It's all shit...why do they care so much about who britiney spears is fucking? I tell them, "There are thousands of things that are more important in life than this BS..." That's where my "complacent with the war" comment came from.

People continue to ask me why I didn't take the 30k that I spent on my EVO, and put it toward a BMW or Mercedes. I have to tell them, "because I don't care about the image people give me (in relation to what car I drive)."

When those people came into the office after seeing that video, there was a sense of sadnessÂ* and anger...and they said that it surprised them because it was so "REAL." In my head I began thinking "Of course it's fucking real!!...these people(co-workers) are concerning themselves with the most shallow aspects of life." That's why I used the euphemism "waking up" So I guess it's not a issue of not knowing, but more of an "im pre-occupied with myself" state of mind because they're so removed from it. Being here, I'm surrounded by that 10% of the population.

Because I was trying to make a six page paper into a readable brief message, it left it open to intepretation. Your statements about certain people seeing it didn't click as I were typing. I was coming from the angle of what I just explained.

I hope this diffuses the animosity toward what I said.

Just...fucking...win.

Your posts before had me wondering a bit, but your explanation here clears up your point of view quite well. While I still think that showing the video was very irresponsble of CNN, the point you just made is very valid.

So, here's an interesting question for you guys. To turn this into more of a discussion rather than complaining about CNN for doing it. How do we get the point across to the typical OC fuckhead (read: the people in bosstless' office, and Terry's 10%) without showing videos like this? How do we go about hitting people in the face with a sledge hammer without hurting their feelings? It's a bit of a conundrum right?

/discuss.

Chris in SD
11-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Rich, you can't get it through to them. They just don't get it. Like Terry S said, in the Marines we called it "that 10%". There will always be those who can't/won't use rational thought.

I give up on these people. I get frustrated when people who obviously have a brain make idiotic comments.

Finally, I love how these jihadist videos get so much love - don't you people realize that's an American on the receiving end? WTF...

Personally, I think we should take some of the Marines'/soldiers'/etc. combat footage and make a propaganda video of our own. Of course since we're killing terrorists at a 40:1 ratio, the video would be pretty long. :knuppel2:

Macky
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Rich, you can't get it through to them. They just don't get it. Like Terry S said, in the Marines we called it "that 10%". There will always be those who can't/won't use rational thought.

I give up on these people. I get frustrated when people who obviously have a brain make idiotic comments.

Finally, I love how these jihadist videos get so much love - don't you people realize that's an American on the receiving end? WTF...

Personally, I think we should take some of the Marines'/soldiers'/etc. combat footage and make a propaganda video of our own. Of course since we're killing terrorists at a 40:1 ratio, the video would be pretty long. :knuppel2:

***scene changes to night vision green. you see a terrorist with an AK walking around, you hear a muffled shot, bad guy goes down.***

***voice crackles over radio : "bravo target down" ***

Chris in SD
11-08-2006, 09:05 AM
More like *whistling sound* *BOOOOOM* bits of terrorist assholes flying through the air...

Speaking of that, the terrorists often highlight (focus on or circle) Americans flying through the air in the IED videos... Makes me just that much more angry. Keep messing with our country and we'll end up taking the gloves off completely. We have been playing softball so far.

Terry S
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM

I've seen several "home made oorah" video's on youtube. And of course, there's always the emails that go around.

But again, those aren't shown on national prime time TV. Mostly because those videos would incite violence in Iraq. Notice how showing the terrorist video didn't incite violence here. Just alot of yelling. Sounds like we need to go do some riots... lol

And like Chris said, those 10% (and i'm beginning to think it's larger than that each day) are literally impossible to educate. Here's a great example. Those kids on EvoM who only come on and post about how great their untuned, JDM blinged out, POS Evo beats TT Ford GT's and the like but they're really full of shit? (coughthuglinecough) Well, that's the 10% we're talking about. No matter who talks to them, they think there opinion is correct because they were told they were allowed to be special and to not listen to anyone who tells them they're stupid.

And to boostless: Those idiots in your office are exactly the ones we're talking about when we mention the 10%. Now, they may not all fall into there, but i'm guessing the majority do. As I know you know, we have a dedicated, professional military out there making sure that people at home dont need to stress out each day about the war. If you personally dont have something vested in the war (like a family member or relative) then you shouldn't worry about it. It's being handled by those that make this kind of thing their job.

Just let them be. The best thing you can do for them (besides using them for your own personal gain; they wont use it) is let them live in complacency and continue with their lives UNTIL they start yelling and bitching about how those folks over there are doing their job. If they deserved a say in the matter then they would have joined up and become the one making decisions.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
11-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Just...fucking...win.

Your posts before had me wondering a bit, but your explanation here clears up your point of view quite well. While I still think that showing the video was very irresponsble of CNN, the point you just made is very valid.

So, here's an interesting question for you guys. To turn this into more of a discussion rather than complaining about CNN for doing it. How do we get the point across to the typical OC fuckhead (read: the people in bosstless' office, and Terry's 10%) without showing videos like this? How do we go about hitting people in the face with a sledge hammer without hurting their feelings? It's a bit of a conundrum right?

/discuss.

I keep wondering about that all the time. As bad as it may sound, I wish we had had more of a 9/11 event or more bad things happen around here to open some eyes up to reality. People live in their very focused, self centered arena that focuses on the worst aspects of life. I know I find myself doing that quite a bit and it irritates the hell out of me. I think the gene pool would be better if there was a serious thinning.... There is just too many crappy people. Bleh

Ricardon
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Well, saying we need more 9/11's or anything remotely close to the sort is a little further than I'm willing to go, but I completely understand the point behind that statement.

The sad thing is that what in the hell would more 9/11's accomplish apart from reducing the population by 3k per incident? Nobody fucking remembers that day anymore. Sure, people can tell you where they were, what they were doing. Yeah, a bunch of people flew the little $5 american flags on their cars and put stars and stripes stickers on their bumpers. That lasted like a month. People put more thought into how many sugar packets they're gonna dump into their venti frapuccinos than they do about that day or the state of the union since that day. People are fucking stupid, and they have short attention spans.

blkside
11-08-2006, 07:49 PM
What pisses me the fuck off and I give a shit of this is OT so leave it the fuck alone. Its fucking sad that all the people who put the magnetic ribbons on there cars that "support our soldiers" into support stripping or cheerleaders or support Lance Armstrong... fuck all these hypocritical motherfuckers that "supports their soldiers" show me a fucking receipt for a box yu sent one of them....

Ricardon
11-08-2006, 09:11 PM
What's worse Tim? That, or the NBA players that have their own names on wristbands like that ("King James"...GTFO Lebron!) The same sort of arrogance, and self-centered attitudes we were just discussing above, so no it isn't too off topic.

blkside
11-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I hate fucking everybody so it doesnt matter. I wish people who wake up in the morning and think because they have that ribbon or band or any other psuedo I do things for other people shit should get kicked repeatedly until they are legally retarded. Dumb people irritate me and they are everywhere... I have a saying .... If Ignorance was joy you would be the happiest motherfucker alive

Ricardon
11-08-2006, 09:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Aldondamar/1151225884631.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Aldondamar/1161934256822.jpg

Bah, I thought they were amusing.Â* Shoot me.

Terry S
11-09-2006, 09:53 AM
What pisses me the fuck off and I give a shit of this is OT so leave it the fuck alone. Its fucking sad that all the people who put the magnetic ribbons on there cars that "support our soldiers" into support stripping or cheerleaders or support Lance Armstrong... fuck all these hypocritical motherfuckers that "supports their soldiers" show me a fucking receipt for a box yu sent one of them....

Sorry Tim, but those little magnetic ribbons are ghay. They dont support soldiers at all. Some choad who got a bunch of magnetic "ribbons" made in China/Thailand is rolling in everyone's "support" money. How the hell does that make sense. People should donate that couple bucks to something that actually supports the troops.

Terry S