PDA

View Full Version : I got denied on my TBD!

Mister
10-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Damn Santa Clarita court muthaf*****!

I probably have to go see a judge to try to get traffic school appointed to me even though I took traffic school recently.

Oh well, it was worth a shot!

rino
10-20-2006, 04:32 PM
what was the violation?

Mister
10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
84 mph on the 14 Northbound

Skiracer
10-20-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm waiting for my TBD to come back.

Blaze
10-20-2006, 06:36 PM
You can still file an appeal.
Then appear in person to plead your case.

nurb2
10-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Before you file an appeal, file for a Trial De Novo. You have to do it within 20 days of the TBD decision. This basically means you tell the court you are not satisfied with the judge's decision, invalidates your entire TBD, and gives you an entirely new court trial. One more chance for the officer to not show up in court, and one more chance for them to violate your right to a speedy trial, etc. etc. If you lose the Trial De Novo, you can file an appeal on that, assuming you have ground for the appeal.

I'm currently in the middle of my fourth ticket fight against California's finest, and the system works well if you know how to work it.

-nurb2-

kimletrim
10-20-2006, 10:49 PM
A TBD is not an automatic win. As easy it is for citees to formulate a declaration, it is even easier for the officer to respond to a trial by declaration. All an officer has to do is fill out a multipage form by checking all the boxes that apply. The officer does not even need to write much at all.

I'm not saying don't do TBD, but I am saying its not as easy as some think it is. But like the above poster stated, if you make the system work for you you'll come out ahead of the game.

BlueBooster
10-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Also request to appear in the county closest to you (unless that's santa clarita). Less chance the cop will show up if you make em drive farther.

thisxguy
10-22-2006, 10:48 PM
A TBD is not an automatic win. As easy it is for citees to formulate a declaration, it is even easier for the officer to respond to a trial by declaration. All an officer has to do is fill out a multipage form by checking all the boxes that apply. The officer does not even need to write much at all.

I'm not saying don't do TBD, but I am saying its not as easy as some think it is. But like the above poster stated, if you make the system work for you you'll come out ahead of the game.

it isnt. i had a fully detailed 4 page declaration with about 14 picutres a windows painted map (lol) and diagram. and i still lost. then, i filed a trial de novo, and hte cop showed up. i shut up his ass twice by showing him 2 different sets of pictures. but he gave a bs answers ("i dont know if his car is actually there since i cant see it" and "this wasnt the night of the incident") and i lost

Mister
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm going to try and see a judge in person, and try to get traffic school at this point. I don't want to have to keep coming back and forth, I just want it off my record. Don't care about the money anymore.