PDA

View Full Version : Notice: Please Make Sure Your Email Address is Valid

Coolguy949
10-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Whenever we send out mass email about 30% of the addresses get bounced back because the address doesnt exist or is invalid. Please make sure you have a working email address in your profile so you get your notifications and mass emails. You can change this my clicking the "Profile" button above.

Thanks.

Rob

drmosh
10-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Also as an added side note, it seems that AOL.COM is blocking us because supposedly too many people are clicking "this is spam" for e-mail coming from socalevo.net. This would never be the case but there are definitely people faking socalevo.net email addresses as senders of SPAM.

Our suggestion is to:

#1 - Complain to AOL that you need to receive socalevo.net e-mail
#2 - Use some other e-mail address

Terenus
10-24-2006, 12:03 AM
LOL, screw AOL, dumped that service years ago.

drmosh
11-10-2007, 11:27 AM
This is a reminder to check and update your e-mail address.

We are going to start DELETING users and all posts who's e-mail BOUNCE back to us.

This means that if you have some kind of SPAM CONTROL and it keeps telling our server to do something like add us to the whitelist or safe senders, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED WITH ALL POSTS.

It doesn't matter who you are, vendor or regular member, please make sure socalevo.net mail is allowed to your domain automatically.

GokuSSJ4
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
never had a problem in the past with a yahoo account

WOT
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM

We are going to start DELETING users and all posts who's e-mail BOUNCE back to us.

This means that if you have some kind of SPAM CONTROL and it keeps telling our server to do something like add us to the whitelist or safe senders, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED WITH ALL POSTS.

It doesn't matter who you are, vendor or regular member, please make sure socalevo.net mail is allowed to your domain automatically.
why didnt you just send a link to this post regarding bad / expired email addy's instead of the pm you sent me?

coolguy949 went about it the right way in explaining the dilema/issue.

drmosh
11-12-2007, 05:55 PM

why didnt you just send a link to this post regarding bad / expired email addy's instead of the pm you sent me?

coolguy949 went about it the right way in explaining the dilema/issue.

Sorry, we here at customer tech support cannot review every issue with the personal attention it requires.

If I had to "explain" in every PM to all hundreds/thousands of users I'd have less time to actually deal with the issue, maybe you want to DONATE to the tech support cause?

READ THE FOLLOWING ON REGISTERING:

DO NOT REGISTER with an e-mail address requiring interactive validation. Your e-mail should automatically allow socalevo.net to send you e-mail.

CRX2EVO
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
My email is valid.

Can my ability to post in the Classifieds be fixed already? It's been weeks since you claimed it would be taken care of.

Thanks customer tech support!

ev0ninerr
11-13-2007, 12:05 PM
G-mail ftw. No need to constantly delete the influx of sce mail. No need to read either. Can't complain about the space they give to be lazy and not delete.

drmosh
07-28-2008, 11:57 AM
This is a reminder that if you are using some kind of SPAM CONTROL or WHITE LIST to allow socalevo.net e-mail through.

Thanks.