PDA

View Full Version : can i fight a no left turn ticket?

smokd
10-24-2006, 06:04 PM
i was making a left out of the University Center in Irvine when I saw a cop walk onto the street and told me to pull over... I didnt even see the sign... anyways is there anyway i can fight this using a trial by declaration? Any help is appreciated

nurb2
10-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Yes, you can fight it with a TBD. Good luck.

-nurb2-

BlueBooster
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Yes, you can fight it with a TBD. Good luck.

-nurb2-
Gonna need a lot of luck. I would love to see what your write up to tackle this.

wirespeed
10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
take a picture of where u were and show that you cant (or hard) see the sign. in any case TBDs are won 1/4 of the time because the police doesnt respond

smokd
10-25-2006, 12:45 AM
hmmmm... ya i was thinkin about writing a TBD... but i was wondering if anybody here has actually fought one of these tickets and won... if there is anyone would u be willing to share how you did it please... thanks for the replies guys

jojima
10-25-2006, 08:03 AM
what intersection or specific driveway did you turn out of?

ryan0
10-25-2006, 08:17 AM
I didnt even see the sign.

'ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law'

punkrokdood
10-25-2006, 09:02 AM
I didnt even see the sign.

'ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law'

if it can be proven that the sign was in a spot that was obstructed from view, then he MIGHT stand a chance on getting it dismissed. It can't be called ignorance if it can't be seen.

ryan0
10-25-2006, 09:18 AM
if it can be proven that the sign was in a spot that was obstructed from view, then he MIGHT stand a chance on getting it dismissed. It can't be called ignorance if it can't be seen.

"I didnt even see the sign." is a whole lot defferent than "The sign can not be seen."

punkrokdood
10-25-2006, 09:58 AM

"I didnt even see the sign." is a whole lot defferent than "The sign can not be seen."

i'm jsut saying...

i've seen plenty of signs for certain things that were obscured by a tree that couldn't be seen until it was too late. If he can prove that he couldn't see the sign before he started turning, for some reason OUTSIDE OF HIS CONTROL then he has a chance. otherwise, the only thing he can hope for is TBD, and hope the officer doesn't respond.

smokd
10-25-2006, 01:20 PM
ya imma write a TBD and hope the officer doesn't respond and btw ryan im not sayin wut i did was right... i just need to get out of this one... i dont want my insurance to go up cuz of a point on my license

Macky
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
i'm jsut saying...

i've seen plenty of signs for certain things that were obscured by a tree that couldn't be seen until it was too late. If he can prove that he couldn't see the sign before he started turning, for some reason OUTSIDE OF HIS CONTROL then he has a chance. otherwise, the only thing he can hope for is TBD, and hope the officer doesn't respond.

its still a far-off thing for him to prove. all I would say if Im the cop is "why werent you paying attention in the first place?".

for you to make a left hand turn on a two way street you would have to come to a stop (or slow down), so **even** if the sign was partially obstructed, he should have seen it. the only way for you to not see it is not slow down and make the left turn irregardless if there was oncoming traffic or not.

ignorance is not an excuse.