PDA

View Full Version : SAFC vs. Standalone vs. Flash Q

LB_CT9A
10-26-2006, 08:50 PM
hey i've dug a hole and now i dont know how to get out...so maybe some "experienced" evo owners can help...my mods now are ARC intake box, DP, Cat-Delete, and Fujitsubo Cat-Back..now i wanna juice as much power as i can from these mods alone..and i've been searching here and the SAFC Neo seems like the best route for me to go...but there is also the Re-flash that seems to work as well..and now the Standalones that i'm looking at RIGHT NOW as we speak...*HKS F-con* to be exact but..i dont kno if they make the harness for the IX yet..i want the Standalone personally for FUTURE purposes...but everyone here seems like they go for the SAFC which one would be the best route to go??? and which routes have you guys been through...thankx for the input..

C-Spec
10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
SAFC II. screw the NEO bling bling BS. Flash and SAFC for the ultimate combos.

cky_bam_marg
10-26-2006, 10:45 PM
charlie so is there any real *worth the extra money* reason to go with the neo

kimletrim
10-26-2006, 10:46 PM
I can answer that...NO.

C-Spec
10-26-2006, 10:57 PM
charlie so is there any real *worth the extra money* reason to go with the neo

nope. unless your evo have VTECHH. lol. :2funny: just pick up a use SAFC II. O0

EVOL EDO
10-27-2006, 12:00 AM

do you still need bigger injectors if you are utilizing a flash also? i know bigger injectors were more to get timing advance using the afc and that can be set with the flash, but was wondering if it is still recommended

LB_CT9A
10-29-2006, 09:52 PM

do you still need bigger injectors if you are utilizing a flash also? i know bigger injectors were more to get timing advance using the afc and that can be set with the flash, but was wondering if it is still recommended

yea??? would you need bigger injectors?? and..how big are the stock injectors?? o and thankx for all the input!! please keep em comin!!!

C-Spec
10-29-2006, 10:06 PM
nope. no need for bigger injectors. cause with the flash you're able to controll the timing directly. O0

Skiracer
10-29-2006, 10:08 PM
hey i've dug a hole and now i dont know how to get out...so maybe some "experienced" evo owners can help...my mods now are ARC intake box, DP, Cat-Delete, and Fujitsubo Cat-Back..now i wanna juice as much power as i can from these mods alone..and i've been searching here and the SAFC Neo seems like the best route for me to go...but there is also the Re-flash that seems to work as well..and now the Standalones that i'm looking at RIGHT NOW as we speak...*HKS F-con* to be exact but..i dont kno if they make the harness for the IX yet..i want the Standalone personally for FUTURE purposes...but everyone here seems like they go for the SAFC which one would be the best route to go??? and which routes have you guys been through...thankx for the input..

I believe your choices are very limited on who can tune the F-Con. I believe XS Engineering is authorized to do it. However, if for some reason you don't like XS Engineerng, then you don't have many local options.

evilrs
10-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm running a safcII tuned by scot gray, my car has a stinky rich idle, but pulls like a train!

Skiracer
10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
You can also check out: http://www.ecuplus.com/

earlyapex
10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Personally I would go with a ecuflash cable to reflash and pay a good tuner down there to tune your car.

It's cheaper and better then a SAFC. I used AFC, SAFC for 7years or so. Now I reflash my car to tune. I will never run a SAFC again.

I know everyone lurves their SAFC, it does work. Reflash works better.

C-Spec
10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
it's better to flash and SAFC tune. cause you change your setting and map on the fly. it's not a good idea to flash your ecu all the time switching back and fort between race gas and pump.

earlyapex
10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
it's better to flash and SAFC tune. cause you change your setting and map on the fly. it's not a good idea to flash your ecu all the time switching back and fort between race gas and pump.

Yes if you run race gas as well that can be a good combo.

C-Spec
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
with either flash or safc you can't go wrong. it's all come down to what do you really want to do. O0

LB_CT9A
11-01-2006, 03:16 PM
hmmm..thankx everyone..really appreciate it..o and can the dealership tell if you played around with AFRs and stuff like that..cuz i am also kinda paranoid bout the warranty thing..HA stupid huh! do i gotta sacrifice one of em??

leaveit2bevo
11-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Ive heard that the dealer can look but I think its unlikely.

Alfred@TTech
11-02-2006, 08:30 PM
The flash is the way to go. As for the dealer knowing, they can tell but only if youre not careful. They just check the checksum and make sure its the same as OEM. So all you do is retrieve your stock rom and save it. Get your car tuned and if you need to go to the dealer....just flash your stock rom back in.

Alfred