PDA

View Full Version : Big Willow Wed. Nov. 15 OTR

Richard EVO
10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
It's another big fun Wednesday on the big track at Willow Springs with Open Track Racing on Nov. 15.Â* They have instituted a "late fee" system to try to get people to sign up early.Â* Come on out!!!Â* :D

Jake - I can't respond to your PM because your inbox is full.Â* Sorry I don't have any extra RA-1s for you.

Here's the event e-mail:

"OPEN TRACK RACING

Our next event is scheduled for November 15, 2006 on the big track at Willow Springs. As most of you are aware I've had trouble getting people to sign up early, so this is what I've decided to do. The price for the event will be $145, if you sign up in the last 2 weeks before the event the price will be $170, and if you sign up the day of the event the price will be $195. Basically what I’m asking is for people to sign up early. I know sometimes it’s hard to commit so early, but please try. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbies or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an OPEN TRACK RACING shirt. Please remember that all OTR events are open to all that want to attend, so please tell a friend!

Please help out by registering early! You can get all the information at www.opentrackracing.com .

Thanks, Kailo"

ryan0
10-30-2006, 10:57 AM
wanna race for entry fees?

Evo8supercar
10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks Richard,

I will try to be there WSIR and hoping to be at Seca with Aaron.
Are you going on the 15th?

Thanks,

Jake

Richard EVO
10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Jake -

Yes, I'll be there Nov. 15 at Big Willow, assuming no rain in the forecast.

Richard EVO
10-31-2006, 08:36 AM
I put ryan0 on "ignore" so I don't have to see his idiotic posts.

ryan0
10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
wow.. looks fast.

Richard EVO
11-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Ok, who's going to Big Willow with OTR on Nov. 15? Weather should be beautiful.

ryan0 -

Please do not interpret this post as an invitation to another flame war. Thank you.

ryan0
11-13-2006, 03:57 PM
why do you feel the need to mention my name in every post?

you are my biggest fan arent you.

and no.. sorry.. i wont be making it.

Richard EVO
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Appropriate avatar.

Richard EVO
11-15-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm heading out very early Wed. morning for the event.Â* I only know of one other EVO running with us.Â* I got late word that there will be some Radicals coming down to run the advanced group.Â* This Big willow event will be an absolute blast.Â* Sorry more of you here can't join us.Â* I know it's hard to get a day off mid-week to go to the track, but if you can, try and come out to one of these Open Track Racing events next year.Â* You'll be glad you did.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/EVOwsirfrontstraight.jpg

Barfly
11-15-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm heading out very early Wed. morning for the event.Â* I only know of one other EVO running with us.Â* I got late word that there will be some Radicals coming down to run the advanced group.Â* This Big willow event will be an absolute blast.Â* Sorry more of you here can't join us.Â* I know it's hard to get a day off mid-week to go to the track, but if you can, try and come out to one of these Open Track Racing events next year.Â* You'll be glad you did.

Not sure what group you are running, but the radicals are fun to run with. It keeps your awareness up as they will come up fast through the corners and won't hesitate to pass. I got a chance to ride in one during an OTR event a few months ago. Awesome.

Richard EVO
11-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Ed, Jacob, and two other EVOs I didn't know were there. It was one of the most fun track days ever. I got over 3 hours seat time and got to joust with Kailo in his spec racer. The weather was perfect, and the peeps were cool.

Evo8supercar
11-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Good to see you Richard, Glad that you had fun. I will never run RA1 Tires and street tires at the same time, I was 8 seconds slower than my best time.

I missed my stroker motor.

Bueller
11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
That was a suer fun day.Â* Richard it was cool hangin with you.Â* Thanks for the ride along...those radicals were nutty...especially the guy in the yellow one. :crazy2:Â* Btw, my fastest lap (due to my lovely camcorder) was a 1:38...and that was with passenger. :roll:Â* Im certain, even in my setup, i can run a good 3, even maybe 4 seconds faster.Â* Since it was my first time out with my new setup i was taking a bit easy...like through turn 8 and approaching 9.

I got some great footage of me chasing down that ferrari...i was on him for a good 9 laps...that was the highlight of my day. O0Â* Actually, the major highlight of my day was the hose clamp...relief. :smitten:

Bueller
11-25-2006, 05:29 AM
Man, i cant wait until the next WSIR event. :smitten: I look forward to trying to get into the 1:35's. :skid:

4G63 FEVER
11-25-2006, 09:36 AM
^ There is one on the 13th of December with ACRA. They are an offshoot of OTR so you will see a lot of the same people there. www.americancarracing.com

Bueller
11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
^ There is one on the 13th of December with ACRA. They are an offshoot of OTR so you will see a lot of the same people there. www.americancarracing.com

Yes, if the usual stuff is ok (car, funds, weather) :angel: ill be doing that event. O0 You too?