PDA

View Full Version : PULLED OVER IN EVO stories

philthyevo
10-30-2006, 12:03 PM
:police: :police: :police: :police:

Lets hear some of the stories of people pulled over in their Evo, ticketed or not.*

Just make sure to say where and when it was.* *;)

Got pulled over yesterday in Palos Verdes going "45 in a 25 zone".* I don't think I was driving that fast but who knows.* I was lucky in that the cop was cool, and of course a little sweet n' fast talkin' on my part may have helped me as well.* Im just happy that I am able to post this topic and not* "my insurance went up again".* *This is my second warning for speeding, good times!* *O0

I was happy he let me off so I asked him if I could document this incident.* He laughed and said, "sure as long as im not in the pic".* If you look real close you could see him trying to avoid being in the pic while keeping an eye on me to deter any further shenaniganses.

:knuppel2:

Evo8you
10-30-2006, 12:19 PM
A new game =Where's PoPo?

1of1000MR
10-30-2006, 12:21 PM
pssssst.......Right by the tree :2funny:

rino
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
got pulled over in kansas with my helix exhaust loud as a motherf*cker

kansas highway patrol man was twising my gauges around, asking if i had NAWZZ

how fast it is in the 1/4, top speed, HP

i answered 13sec, 175MPH and roughly 275HP

he made a joke about wanting to squeeze on his patrol car but they wouldn't let him LOL

he was cool.. let me off the hook and told me to be careful..

-----

got pulled over in needles, CA - well my friend did.. he was driving my car and i was riding shotgun.

he got a ticket for going 80 (we were going 70) then the cop gave ME a ticket for front window tint. lovely.

-----

got pulled over in Irvine, CA - your friendly CHP. I got caught going at it with an M3 in excess of 100MPH+ .. he let me off with a 79mph ticket and let me go. Before I got pulled over I made a cut .. when he pulled me over he said "nice cut, that was clean" .. LOL

--

I have been ticket free since then and drive 65-70mph on the freeways.. i guess i'm just getting old :)

1of1000MR
10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
I got pulled over in 2005 when I first got my car in Fontana. I stopped at traffic light and he was right next to me. I greeded him with a nod. I take off on the green light and then next thing I know, I'm being pulled over. He asked me "How old are u son?" I said " I'm seventeen sir." He said "What are u doing driving a car like this?" I said "My parents bought it for me sir." Then, he asked for my license and registration and simply told me to have a nice day. So, I get home and I tell my Dad about it and he tells me that I got pulled over for a DWB, and then I said, "ohh......Whats a DWB?" Then my Dad said "Driving While Brown." :2funny:

Skiracer
10-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Almost same as DWA-Driving While Asian

philthyevo
10-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Almost same as DWA-Driving While Asian

I heard that impedes judgement especially if you have two XX chromosomes.

[p]dOG.
10-30-2006, 03:35 PM
I got pulled out of my mustang thru my window...... lol and i'm not kidding!

jas0n
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
when i had my evo, got one for obstruction of rear view window. Of course there we no code written so it didn't even go through.

gary-805-
11-10-2006, 01:06 AM
today i was driving up the PCH past the navy base in ventura. well a cop was looking at me hard while passing going southbound. i knew what was coming next so as he lay in the center devider waiting for a chance to turn around i took the next off ramp and heading out away from the freeway and taking every random turn possible. i ended up back by the freeway. i must of made 1 too many left's (haha) well the police officer ended up taking the off ramp and seeing me heading towards the one. well he flipped a B%#& and followed me for a bit. he then pulled me over.. well long story just a little bit shorter..

He wanted to get me for driving wreckless and running. but he never saw me take off. and never was behind me to officialy pull me over. so i left the night with a fix it ticket for my window tint.

philthyevo
11-10-2006, 02:02 AM
AHhahahaha awesome. HIGH FIVE. Next time don't make that extra left.

CJexJiggy
11-10-2006, 02:13 AM
i got pulled over in glendale yesterday and i was doing about 60 on a 45mph and the cop tells me, " thats a fucken loud ass exhaust and i heard you from 1/4 mile away!" he didnt clock me, he just heard me shooting down san fernando rd...i then gave him all my legal shit and i also gave him my exhaust certificate (cuz i got my exhaust certified for 92db) he then comes back to my car after checking all my shit and tells me leave....just like that. LOL...i said "OK" he was in a hurry tho, so im guessing he had some other important shit to do. i got away with that one.

philthyevo
11-10-2006, 02:44 AM
What a weird cop, was he high?

CJexJiggy
11-11-2006, 01:20 AM
^ he might of been... :2funny:

*chris*
11-11-2006, 07:51 AM
pulled over the 2nd day i owned it ...the temp tag blew down out of the backwindow and i forgot to put it back up. city cop pulled me over 2blocks from my girlfriends house. got a warning.

-----------------------------

pulled over for speeding after work one day. minnesota state patrol. going 61 in a 55 ...i had been working for 13hours that day, and i was still an hour away from home. stupid ass gave me the ticket anyway.

pulled over for speeding right outside of ventura. i was with 4other cars and we were just flying ...100+ and the chp came out on the onramp behind us and pulled me out of the group. but he was pretty cool, he dropped it down to 73, didnt say sht about no seatbelt or the exhaust.

pulled over just outside of calabasas by sheriff. no seatbelt ...got a ticket. that one really pissed me off cuz there tons of people just flying past me and the others that were in my lane. but he pulled me over. fkn ghey.

no seatbelt again ...back in spirit lake. got a warning after i told him why i dont wear my seatbelt.

no seatbelt again ...LOL this time in spencer. got a ticket though, he didnt give a fk about my excuse, prolly didnt believe me.

pulled over in omaha after coming back from a socal visit. no blinker. lol i think he was just bored of sitting there not being able to get anybody for speeding. he had my gf & i there for 30min checking to see if the car was stolen and cross examining our stories. stupid fk. at least he let me off with a warning.

----------------------------

my most recent was rediculous. i got stalked. literally. wasnt doing sht. he u-turned and sped up to catch me. then i turned into BP so i could fill up cuz i was literally below 1/4tank. while im filling up i see the front of his cruiser sticking out behind a building adjacent to the gas station. then he pulls out and waits for me while i pay. and pulls me over a block from my girlfriends house because .......*drum roll* my plates werent showing up in the computer. so i give him my info, he comes back within a min, everythings all good. SORRY about pulling you over. at least i got an apology out of it.

there are a couple of others, i just cant remember them offhand ....pulled over 10times since owning this car. lol

EVOMANIAC
11-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Pulled over for tinted windows in San Diego by CHP driving through a residential area. He stopped me for tinted windows. Didnt give me a ticket he just went on about they are legal where my car is registered, but he suggested I remove the tint. Car is registered in TX, I am a TX citizen with a TX license so he really cant do anything. I am in the Navy so yes it is legal for me to keep my license and registration in TX.

GR8 Whte
11-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Pulled over for no seat belt in Pasadena got my hood popped, saw my old HKS RS intake gave me an Emissions ticket and no seat belt, lol cop thought i could controll boost with my Turbo Timer lol but i was still pissed off from the emision ticket.

Pulled over in La Canada for no reason had the car for only 3 months 100% stock officer insisted i had a modified exhaust, wing, headlights lol and thought i was lieing to him and made me get out of the car, but he got a call and just told me to get out of here.

Pulled over in my own town of Higland Park by Pasadena PD which was bull and got an exhaust ticket.

Pulled over in Pasadena for exhaust as well.

Pulled over in South Pasadena for going 45 in a 40mph max street, i thought it was bullshit but the cop must have seen me flying just becuase i had a wing...

emissions ticket $380, seat belt ticket $80, speeding ticket $200, modified exhaust ticket $260.............Hating cops for the rest of my life.......PRICELESS.....F*king A**HOLES

philthyevo
11-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Yesterday I was driving on the 405 and a CHP pulled up along side of my and gave me a really mean stare--probably cause my music was blasting and I didn't put it down when I smelled Bacon.

I put it down cause I have dark tint and a 4" exhuast.

Once a cop looked at my stock Brembo brakes and said, "You know, those dont make your car faster" lol.

SpoolinEvoVIII
11-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Pulled over in Diamond Bar while stopped at the freeway exit (he was parked on the center island facing me). Said he thought my carpool buddy wan't wearing his seatbelt which wasn't true since we had driven in from Glendale (~40miles). The whole time, he was looking for a front plate (which I have), gauges and exhaust, both of which I don't have so he couldn't get me for anything.

boostin05evo
11-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Yesterday I was driving on the 405 and a CHP pulled up along side of my and gave me a really mean stare--probably cause my music was blasting and I didn't put it down when I smelled Bacon.

lough of of the day... to funny

Skiracer
11-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Ok, i was at my parents house and i left the house to put something in my car. As i walk back to my parents house, a cop rolls by and drives by very slowly past my car. As i look out the window of my parents house, i notice the cop pull a U-Turn and he drives right behind my parked car. I walk outside and ask him if i can help him. He tells me i'm parked in the wrong direction (car parked on left side of the road, wasn't facing with the flow of traffic. He had his ticket book out to write me a ticket. So, after some haggling, he tells me to repark it or move it into the driveway. This was in a development where the street has no thru traffic. :tickedoff:

C-Spec
11-11-2006, 11:49 PM
every time i get pull over, i bust out my military ID and put it on top my driver license. The next thing you know the popo will chat with me for couple of minutes and they usually say "be safe and goodluck".

blkside
11-11-2006, 11:52 PM
+1 on that.. I have gotten out of so many tickets it isnt funny... but havent been pulled over in the Evo yet... In glendale years back... me and my cousin got pulled over... had a shotgun rested on my shoulder... fucken dicks... gave them the military ID... he was like Oh sorry you matched the description... we were on our way...

philthyevo
11-12-2006, 12:04 AM
wish I had that get-out-of-jail-free card.

blkside
11-12-2006, 12:14 AM
it only works away form military posts. Hey you can get one of these... If you really want one just go down to a recruiter and tell them you wanna be an 11 Bravo....lol

philthyevo
11-12-2006, 12:56 AM
haha, so first to go, last to know?

evohoe
11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Ok, my turn...

I live in Laguna Niguel at its hot in this area right now. 1st pull i got was in August. I'm driving to the shopping center in LN. I'm at a intersection waiting to turn left on the signal. Out of nowhere of course...I cop in a motorcycle rides behind me. I slowly with my left signal turn left at a speed of 15. He is following me....then I signal to turn right. As I turn right he flashes me with his siren, then yells out "PULL OVER!!" I pull over in front of IN and OUT. He comes to my side and tells me “You exhaust is too loud and its illegal in the stat of California. Then he tells me that I have illegal front tint windows. He then demands me to pop me hood open. At this time he is touching my engine like if he knows what to look for?

He then has the audacity to ask me "This engine is stock, right?" I told him..."that’s how I got it from the dealer"
He then looks at my clear bra and says "What’s this blue film on the headlights? Is this to make you go faster?" Unbelievable!!

I told him it’s a 3M Rock blocker that protects the paint from chipping. He then said its illegal I'm writing you on this. "No front Licenses Plate too"

So he writes me for 5 fix it tickets. Then he says "If I would of found something in your engine I would of towed you car away" What the F****!!
He also demanded where I got my exhaust installed. I told him thats how I got everything from the dealer. He insisted on knowing who installed my Esplier Exhaust again. I told him that’s how I got it from the dealer.

2nd incident

Driving again in Laguna Nigel... Parallel to me is a Sheriff starring hard at me. Note that I’m driving with my family in the car.

She then quickly gets behind me and pulls me over. I then pull over to the side. She comes out and tells me that she pull me over for my illegal exhaust and tint. She then tells me if this is my car, how long have I had my car. She then asks me if I ever been arrested. Laughed and then answer “NO”. I gave her my documentation so she can run my record and find out if I’ve been arrested or not.

She gives me a ticket for tint and illegal exhaust. At the same time I’m signing the ticket. A STI passes right by us at the entrance of a apt complex. I then told her “Aren’t you going after that vehicle since it also has tinted windows and illegal exhaust. She then replies, “I’m busy with you right now”. Her partner then says to me.
“We usually get the right guys” What the F*** that means?

philthyevo
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
WOooooooow. That sucks dude. You've hit some bad luck I see. Well hopefully thats done and its good luck time. I fear some dumbass cop that pulls me over for my exhuast. Good thing it isnt too loud.

Tell us, which catback did you have (essentially what made your car "loud" to the cop?)

It also seemed from your description that those cops either had a terrible terrible day OR they drive an STI and just like to hate.

Whendidieatcorn
11-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Back when I had my evo 8 got pulled over in Manhattan Beach. I was just cruising home on sepulveda, just north of artesia. I had my buddy in the car with me as well.
Being the polite citizen I am I pull into a vacant parking lot to allow the cop more comfort in walking around my vehicle...which I knew he was going to do.
Asks me for my information. Tells me he pulled me over for my exhaust. I had the hks hi power exhaust...and if anyone has heard that exhaust they know it isnt much louder than stock. He goes on to ask me what else I had done to the car.
I breifly explain a few of the suspension parts and he was more concerned when I told him I had a diverter valve. He didnt know what it was. So i explain how a turbo charger works and the various peices of the whole system and of course what a diverter valve does. After about 2 mintues of just chatting with him...he hands me my drivers license back and tells me that I am the most knowledgeable person he has ever met and to never worry about getting pulled over by him again.

But then again I did recieve 9 other tickets in my evo 8 career... So you do the math. 1 out of 10. Not a good percentage

G20
11-17-2006, 10:36 AM
I got pulled over in Fontana in 2005 on I-10 for my stock "illegal tail-light" because it looks "white". The chp officers then popped my hood staring at the gt35r, ram-horn exhaust manifold and all the pipings. They kept looking and looking... and finally tell me that my HKS RS intake is not legal so gave me "illegal tail-light" and "Emission ticket". I got the "illegal tail-light" signed off but went through hell with the referee.

The fact that I hate about is I was driving obeying the law but still got pulled over where next to me cars are speeding, changing lane without blinker, tail gating... Fk those 2 chps.

evo87
11-21-2006, 09:34 PM
I got pulled over once in lake elsinore, said he pulled me over for tint and modded exhaust.
i told him thats how i bought it, looks at my info and says cool car be careful of chp.
and went on his way