PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Carbon: Who's getting it???

Unstroked
11-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Alright, the game is finally out. Who is going to get it? Anyone out there already have it and want to say what they think??? Let us know, or at least let me know.... LOL... :2funny:

*chris*
11-01-2006, 07:07 AM
LOL i thought about waiting til 12am last night and getting it. but i havent been that hard up for a game since the ps2 was first released.

i COULD go get it right now!

Chris in SD
11-01-2006, 07:20 AM
I am going to pick it up today...

Unstroked
11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
I am going to pick it up today...

Chris if you wanted to, you could go pick it up in 20 minutes.Â* LOL...Â* Damn the east coast...Â* LOL....

Chris in SD
11-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Yep, that and 93 octane... the only 2 advantages to the East Coast.

Unstroked
11-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Chris, what time do the bars close in Virginia???

Chris in SD
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Chris, what time do the bars close in Virginia???

Who knows... probably 2am.

Unstroked
11-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh I was going to say if it was like New York you were going to have 3 reasons to move to the east coast.

Back to topic, anyone out there getting NFS: Carbon today????

*chris*
11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
oh i was pissed ...sam goody was closed, both walmarts didnt have it yet. just spent the last 1.5hours chasing a 'carbon' ghost. lol

and the closest best buy is over an hour away...

JDMC-WestEVO
11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
i got first copy in my area reserved it like 2 months ago or something

Unstroked
11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes, my gf :smitten: called me to ask me what game I wanted and that she would pick it up for me.Â* Sweet, now I don't have to use my lunch break to go and get it. :2funny: :D

silvery_eagle
11-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Yes, my gf :smitten: called me to ask me what game I wanted and that she would pick it up for me. Sweet, now I don't have to use my lunch break to go and get it. :2funny: :D

wtf... lucky guy

b00stedPin0y
11-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I got my copied reserved can't wait to play it.

Chris in SD
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
If you like cars that slide around like they're on ice, you'll like this game... Anyone want a slightly used copy cheap? :roll:

DTunedEvoX
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
If you like cars that slide around like they're on ice, you'll like this game... Anyone want a slightly used copy cheap? :roll:

how about Free-ninety Nine LOL

boostin05evo
11-01-2006, 03:48 PM
its out today? damn im out of here see you guys later

*chris*
11-01-2006, 06:27 PM

how cheap?

Chris in SD
11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I am kidding, but only by a little bit. I'll give it a little more time, but I'm not impressed so far. I like the physics in NFS-Most Wanted a lot better. At least when SOCOM: Combined Assault comes out next week, I'll be happier...

blkside
11-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Whats wrong with the game Chris... I was gonna go pick it up but if you wanna get rid of it let me know... what system did you buy it for.. I have the OldSkool Xbox and PS2... let me know

*chris*
11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
nah its cool, my gf picked me up a copy for my 360. and yah i agree about the physics ..most wanted was def better driving experience. story also feels like its not as personal as most wanted ...kinda like, yah whatever, gotta pay this guy back but not quite sure what im actually doing.

whereas most wanted, it was razor ...that ahole! screwing with the car. very uncool. revenge is so very very sweet.

nine
11-01-2006, 10:28 PM
It's ok :roll:
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3808/nfscdemo200610281443374cr8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/148/nfscdemo200610281440311xm9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Most Wanted is better.

Senshi
11-02-2006, 12:58 AM
i like NFS Carbon in the same way that i like FF Tokyo Drift they are both a stupid ricer game/movie but at the same time they work and are pretty fun. Neither is the best in its genre but you'll enjoy them. Plus its not like there are any other new racing games coming out till Forza 2 in Feb next year.

Chris in SD
11-02-2006, 04:16 AM
It's just soooo frustrating to have a huge, linking drift get dumped because your greased-tires car slides a little into the wall. I'm not talking a big hit, but a little love tap. And all those "Outrageous Drift" points go down the toilet. The cars need more grip - the handbrake works fine to initiate the drift but then it's like driving on ice. Hell, even at the start of the race you can't even keep the car straight without making corrections. :tickedoff:

*chris*
11-02-2006, 09:42 AM
when do you get the evo? im almost done beating the 2nd tier. beat kenji first, then im in the process of beating wolf.

GOOSE_Ej
11-02-2006, 09:57 AM
im waiting for mine should come in the mail today or 2morrow.. i rent all my games before i play them so ya... www.gamefly.com good stuff

kipper215
11-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I just got mine last night and so far so good. I was cracking up when my car went off the cliff

verano
11-02-2006, 10:29 AM
It's just soooo frustrating to have a huge, linking drift get dumped because your greased-tires car slides a little into the wall. I'm not talking a big hit, but a little love tap. And all those "Outrageous Drift" points go down the toilet. The cars need more grip - the handbrake works fine to initiate the drift but then it's like driving on ice. Hell, even at the start of the race you can't even keep the car straight without making corrections. :tickedoff:

chris try D1 Grand Prix for drifting....

*chris*
11-02-2006, 03:08 PM
wow im slightly irritated right now. all the races now are tier 3 cars ...and i dont have access to a tier 3 car. this sucks.

Chris in SD
11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
It's just soooo frustrating to have a huge, linking drift get dumped because your greased-tires car slides a little into the wall.Â* I'm not talking a big hit, but a little love tap.Â* And all those "Outrageous Drift" points go down the toilet.Â* The cars need more grip - the handbrake works fine to initiate the drift but then it's like driving on ice.Â* Hell, even at the start of the race you can't even keep the car straight without making corrections.Â* Â*:tickedoff:

chris try D1 Grand Prix for drifting....

I didn't buy it for drifting. I bought it because it looked cool and I loved NFSMW. Hell, the drifting in NFS:Underground was better. Back to FIFA '07...

Senshi
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
unlike chris i actually like the drifting part once u get the hang of it its pretty fun. so far the only thing thats really annoying me is that i wana be able to buy an EVO and ive already played though over 50% of the came and i still havn't unlocked it, the other thing is i think that defending ur territories is dumb and a wast of time.

*chris*
11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
yah the evo is a tier3 car... something i cant unlock for some reason. :P

what car did you guys use to be the 3rd 'race wars'. i started with kenji, then beat wolf, and finally i beat angie. and the racewars there is being a btch. im using the rx7 and for that race i have everything tuned for max speed and horsepower. best i can manage is 2nd, i lose by around a sec each time.

GOOSE_Ej
11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
i just pick this up yesterday and i dont like it..

Unstroked
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I have it and have not played it yet... Can I get a poll of those who like it vs. those that don't???

Senshi
11-04-2006, 01:05 AM
finally got the EVO and im almost finished playing the "story" mode and so far i have enjoyed the game as i've said before as long as you go into the game NOT expecting a simulation game at all its a lot of fun for an arcade type racing game.

Unstroked
11-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I finally played it for a bit last night. Its not that bad for a NFS game. I think it will get me by until Forza 2.

Chris in SD
11-04-2006, 02:47 PM
My biggest complaint is that the cars slide too damn much... I mean, it's fun to drift and all, but the cars have NO traction at all.

ebevo
11-06-2006, 03:47 PM
ps2 ver... gets ripped off...no online play WTF

think i will pass on this...sux to hear the evo takes so long to unlock...what BS :-\

JDMC-WestEVO
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
i used the first car rx8 for everything up to the 3rd boss guy then i used the charger i won from second boss to kick his ass. FYI the DB9 blows. just got supra and its amazing i want the damn evo though :( im gonna go finish the game in a few minutes

Senshi
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
the last boss is fucking hard its kinda BS that pretty much not matter what car you have he's always some how faster then you in that bootleg gallardo (yes i know its an R8). so far this is really my only problem with the game

S2myEVO
11-06-2006, 05:23 PM
dude i saw the commercial yesterday and i wanted ever since.

its got that red evo in the commercial that made it even better. lol

Unstroked
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't think this is that bad of a game. It gives me something to do while the gf is working on homework. The only thing that I don't like is starting off on a new game. LOL... I just want the fun cars already...

ebevo
12-04-2006, 05:47 PM
been playing the game over the weekend...i started out with the RX-8...it took awhile to get use to the game...of course it would've helped if i started in the Bushido territory rather than the muscle car territory :buck2:

only about 10% done with the game

i want the evo unlocked in career mode like right now LOL

but it's fun to use the evo in the quick race mode with the circuit race gold stage unlocked...AWD nwassss launch FTW

some questions:

in terms of brake setup...what setup should i go with when adjusting the basis(front or rear)...for the RX-8?

maybe go over a crash 101 course on what basis work well on which drivetrain cars(FR,AWD,etc)?

in career mode i tried the drift races...damn tricky...seems to me the car is already prepped to drift am i right?

i notice the car handles way different from the other races when entering drift races

any tips on how to control the drift...i tried feathering the gas & countersteering

does anyone use the speedbreaker button? to me it slows me down too much for it to be useful...i tried to activate it to ram some AI car in front didn't work?

IXMREVO
12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Sounds like its the same game as midnight club 3

ebevo
12-04-2006, 06:09 PM
i think midnight club 3 was much easier to play

NFSC has more things to do...i get easily distracted by the neon lights in the background and need up crashing

ebevo
12-16-2006, 09:02 PM
man i'm hooked on this game for the last 2 days...tearing it up with the rx7 :2funny:

i'm like 35% complete i now control downtown(import cars), kempton(muscle cars)

i just started on fortuna (exotic cars)

still haven't unlocked the evo yet :tickedoff:

in terms of brake setup...what setup should i go with when adjusting the basis(more front or more rear)...for the RX-7?

maybe go over a crash 101 course on what basis work well on which drivetrain cars(FR,AWD,etc)?

ultraflip
12-19-2006, 08:53 AM
im about 25% of the way done...
i killed the bushido territory w/ no mods...
i'm in the muscle car territory now...
annoying as hell.. after every other race..
someone's "attacking my territory" and i've got to race them to "protect my territory"

bah

Unstroked
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
I had fun playing this game. I have already passed it, but has anyone tried online play for this game???

blkside
12-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I unlocked the Skyline last night then decided to get the EVO... and after a couple tries did... Evo is faster but the Skyline doesnt slip at all... it just grips... need to upgrade the EVO more... GG IX FTMFW...lol

ebevo
12-24-2006, 06:56 PM
how did you unlock the evo? :twisted:

update i'm 50% done...own the import, muscle, exotic territories...god this last territory is nutz

Unstroked
12-24-2006, 07:13 PM
how did you unlock the evo? :twisted:

update i'm 50% done...own the import, muscle, exotic territories...god this last territory is nutz

Once you get into the exotic territories you will be able to unlock the Evo. It really sucks that you have to wait that long to get the Evo. But, its so worth the wait.

ebevo
12-26-2006, 10:12 PM
update: finished career mode but need to beat all the tracks...finished at 77% complete

unlocked the evo...then bought it and started whipping some tier 3 booty :twisted:

it does really suck that the evo was unlocked way too late in the game

only problem was evo got too much heat from the :police:

so i bought the skyline and that thing never got heat or chased from the popos :-o

i must say the skyline does handle more predictable than the evo that likes to walk it's ass around the corner

-NFSC addict :buck2:

EvolvedMCC
12-26-2006, 10:15 PM
it's $39 at target right now. u guys think it's worth $39? i haven't played a NFS since NFSU.

ebevo
12-26-2006, 10:42 PM
depends on which console ver you plan to buy?

xbox360 > ps2 ver...online play only for the 360 :tickedoff:

it does take some getting use to all the features and game physics so 1st few hours could be frustrating

give it a rent try first...play it for like 3 days and see if you get addicted

TARMAC_GSR
12-29-2006, 06:30 PM
in my opinion the EVO (TB) and the ZO6 is the best.... beat the game with the EVO.....

if ur good @ drifting on the game, try and put ur tire settings to "drift" and go race the canyons.....

ebevo
01-01-2007, 04:01 PM
i hate the drifting courses...i'm avoiding those like the plague

i'll eventually have to play those courses if i want to earn the 100% completion requirement...one of many to unlock the m3

does the type of car really matter since it seems like everytime you select a drift course...your vehicle is slippery as hell & your settings you had before get thrown out the window :idiot2:

blkside
01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I beat this game the other night... piss drunk... so either its real easy or I am that damn good... I am gonna do another one with the Euro then the Muscle...

ebevo
01-02-2007, 11:58 AM
blkside,

what was your completion % at the end?

and what car did you use to beat the game with?

*chris*
01-08-2007, 03:45 PM
the ending was lame ...build a story in 2 back2back games, but end it without any resolution.

Unstroked
01-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Has anyone played this online???