PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII

Granny Shifter
11-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Wow, great game. Definitely an asset to the series. You should pick it up or rent Battle system is very neat. It is kinda like World of Warcraft with a traditional RPG twist. Anyone else have it?

Jon H
11-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Just bought it today and put a few hours into the game, pretty dang good. A little hard to get time to play it though, a lot of my gaming time goes to WoW (raids).

nurb2
11-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I just bought it today too. I have not started playing it yet though ...

-nurb2-

Dmoney
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Im about 11 hours into the game and shits getting crazy, got summons and quickenings already. But money is scarce so I cant upgrade anything!

Muramasa
11-06-2006, 12:43 PM
People already started playing? o.O" mines still in the shiny metal box with the shrink wrap still on it.

roy.jovero
11-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I played about 4 hours so far. Haven't touched it since Tuesday. I'm at the part where you find out who Amalia really is. How far after that part do you get the quickenings and summons?

DTunedEvoX
11-11-2006, 10:38 AM
^^ Damn spoiler!

roy.jovero
11-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Is it really that much of a spoiler though? Haha. My bad.

Ricardon
11-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Thinking about picking this up. I have done absolutely no research on it though, save the commentaries of about 937463683828293 FFXI friends who say its the shit. So quick FFXII vs. VII/VIII/X please and thank you. Battle system FF typical? The graphics I'm sure are incredible? Quick info now now now.

roy.jovero
11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
New battle system. I still prefer FF7 over all, but it's cuz I miss the Materia.

Ricardon
11-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah I pretty much expected that there was going to be a new battle system and all, but does it take a lot of time to get used to, or is it fairly smooth? Seems that they always mess with the system for each new installment in the series. And yeah +1 billion on missing materia hehhe.

Maybe I'll just go buy it tonight...fook it.

roy.jovero
11-11-2006, 05:03 PM
If you've played .hack, then you're pretty much good to go. I recommend setting the battle system to Wait Mode to get a hang of things first. Also, you can prioritize what actions the AI-controlled characters use, for example, I have them give any party member with 30% HP or less a potion, 50% or less they'll cast Cure on, and attack the nearest visible enemy.

Ricardon
11-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I just went out and bought it. Took 15 minutes off work and drove down to EB hahaha. Looks pretty cool from reading the manual here at work. I hear the battle system and the environment feels a lot like FFXI or other MMORPGs, which will probably feel natural for me. Can't wait to get home and try this bad boy out!

Granny Shifter
11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I just went out and bought it. Took 15 minutes off work and drove down to EB hahaha. Looks pretty cool from reading the manual here at work. I hear the battle system and the environment feels a lot like FFXI or other MMORPGs, which will probably feel natural for me. Can't wait to get home and try this bad boy out!

enjoy :)

Ricardon
11-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Interesting game. I tend to be a power leveller and a completionist, so on all ff games I usually grind for a bit before I start to move through the story. For instance, right now I'm 11 hours into the game and I'm lvl 27, but am still solo (don't have any party members yet hahahahahahha). Game looks pretty tight so far. I'll prolly grind to lvl 30 then roll on the story.

x[corwyn]
11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Interesting game. I tend to be a power leveller and a completionist, so on all ff games I usually grind for a bit before I start to move through the story. For instance, right now I'm 11 hours into the game and I'm lvl 27, but am still solo (don't have any party members yet hahahahahahha). Game looks pretty tight so far. I'll prolly grind to lvl 30 then roll on the story.

Stupid long ass game. I wanna play my mortal combat and spy hunter games dammit!!!!!!!

Ricardon
11-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Dude, screw spy hunter...it's all about Smash T.V. dude!!

TOOOOTAL CARNAAAAGE....I LIIIIKE IT!!!

Ricardon
11-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Meh...it turns out that girls are more fun than video games. I can't actually believe I just said those words, but hey...it is what it is. So, haven't played in like a week. Anyone get far into FFXII or beat it yet?

x[corwyn]
11-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Meh...it turns out that girls are more fun than video games. I can't actually believe I just said those words, but hey...it is what it is. So, haven't played in like a week. Anyone get far into FFXII or beat it yet?

I have known that and you acted like I spoke sacrilege... Every time I see you now, you are talking to Rosey.... ;)

kcross
11-20-2006, 01:56 AM
i just started playing like three days ago. its really really good. im pretty far in.

Tarmac02
11-23-2006, 08:35 PM
11 hours in now,... Good game and story. They went away from the life and eco centric storylines of planet lifestream stuff,.... to an almost Episode 1-3 type political movement storyline,... really interesting.

FaLLeNAn9eL
12-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I've been playing for awhile now, just hit the 30 hour mark. Mainly just grinding. Keep getting my ass kicked by 5 midget pumpkins. Have 2 summons. Oh btw make sure you get buffs. They help ALOT.