PDA

View Full Version : Correctable - modified exhaust ticket

flipryder21
11-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Okay I got a ticket for my modified exhaust it's correctable again that's "modified exhaust" is it okay if I just put the stock muffler back on and get it check off or do I have to put back the whole stock exhaust all the way from the dp.Â* What do you guys think?

Gear Grinder
11-04-2006, 05:09 PM
the whole exhaust for sure!

flipryder21
11-04-2006, 07:03 PM
so I guess from the catalytic and on huh, I can leave the downpipe alone.

Gear Grinder
11-04-2006, 09:46 PM
so I guess from the catalytic and on huh, I can leave the downpipe alone.
why take a chance, when it takes exactly 10 more minutes to change the downpipe as well? Get it signed off and put everything back.

GokuSSJ4
11-04-2006, 10:04 PM
are you sure it's correctable ? last time i checked that wasnt a choice, because a lot of people all they do is put back the stock exhaust and get away with paying a 10.00 fee to the court.. Best advise before you do anything is to check with the court. Most likely they will end up charging you around 60.00 fee for modify exhaust.
BTW
Bevo just went throught the same thing and he was told that he needed to pay a fee (near 60.00 fee) by the court.

leaveit2bevo
11-05-2006, 06:06 PM
yep the cop gave me a correctable ticket and I even got it signed off. But when I went to the court to pay they said it isnt correctable and I needed to go see a judge about it.

flipryder21
11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
are you sure it's correctable ? last time i checked that wasnt a choice, because a lot of people all they do is put back the stock exhaust and get away with paying a 10.00 fee to the court.. Best advise before you do anything is to check with the court. Most likely they will end up charging you around 60.00 fee for modify exhaust.
BTW
Bevo just went throught the same thing and he was told that he needed to pay a fee (near 60.00 fee) by the court.

yup it's correctable it's check off right on the ticket. So I have take off the whole thing starting from the Down pipe, I can't just put the cat and muffler back in.

GokuSSJ4
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
BTW

yup it's correctable it's check off right on the ticket. So I have take off the whole thing starting from the Down pipe, I can't just put the cat and muffler back in.

did you see bevo's comment ? he was on the same situation not to long ago, and to find out that no matter what you do (unless you go infront of a judge and show proof that the car is under db by taking it to a ref station ) you will be charge for the fine...
Like i said, best thing is to check with the court clerk before you change anything. you will be suprise at what they have to say,... modified exhausts tickets arent correctable unless you take the car to a ref station

dreamevo
11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I got a modified exhaust fix-it ticket too... i just changed the mid pipe and muffler back to stock. Went to 2 sheriff's stations, they won't sign off. I was told to go to CHP. I also have the HKS intake too. Do I need to take that off?

Skiracer
11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
you need to go to the ref. If you go to a chp or sherriff, they will poke around even more around the car than a ref would.

dreamevo
11-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Ref - is that any smog test station? How much they charge for the test and inspection?

After I got the paperwork from the ref, do I get a cop to sign off my correctable ticket? I really have no clue watsoever to deal with this... this is my first "modified exhaust" ticket...

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Ref - is that any smog test station? How much they charge for the test and inspection?

After I got the paperwork from the ref, do I get a cop to sign off my correctable ticket? I really have no clue watsoever to deal with this... this is my first "modified exhaust" ticket...

here is whats going to happen...
you can go to any CHP station to have the ticket sign off , but it will not dropped the fine .. since this is an un correctible mod anymore (regardless of what the cop makred on the ticket) you will still pay a fine (around 60.00) whether the ticket is sign off or not. The only way to actiolly defeat this ticket is by playing "not guilty" and when you see the judge, you need to provided evidence that your exhaust met the 92db sound limits... how will you do this ? by taking your car to a (Test only ref station), you can present this paper work to the judge. Its a lot of things to do in order to fight this ticket.

kmEVO818
11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Here is my experience.

I got a modified exhaust and no front license plate ticket, was marked correctable. Went to the CHP office and they told me to go to the ref station. Installed the rre exhaust, went to the ref station, passed with 89db. They slapped a sticker on the ticket went back to the CHP to get my front plate signed off. Took the ticket to the court 2 weeks past the due date. Only paid a $10 processing fee.

dreamevo
11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Let me share my experience with the "Correctable Citation" that I received for the violation of "27150(a) Modified Exhaust".

I called 1800-622-7733 to schedule an inspection with BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair).Â* After given my ticket info, the operator gave me several options of schedule and locations of the referee center.Â* I picked the earliest I could get, which was at noon today in Fullerton College.Â* The operator told me there is no charge.Â* The State of California Smog Check Referee Center is located in the automotive shop building in the College.Â* Alot of cute girls around, by the way.Â*

After waiting for 10 min, the referee came out to meet me and got the info of my ticket and the car.Â* You need to bring the ticket and registration!!Â* The referee looked around the car, the muffler, and the engine bay.Â* He said my ticket only requires a noise testing.Â* He later took the car for noise testing.Â* I had the stock muffler, stock mid pipe, stock cat, hks dp, & hks intake.Â* The result was 87db.Â* He said the car passed.Â* And, he put a Certificate of Compliance sticker behind my citation ticket.Â* And, there was no $$charge for the whole thing!!!Â* I chatted with the referee for a few minutes, he is a nice guy, btw.

I just called the court to confirm what I needed to do with the citation ticket.Â* Was told that I only need to send the ticket in, with Certificate of Compliance, and a $10 check as processing fee.Â* Good deal!!!!!

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Let me share my experience with the "Correctable Citation" that I received for the violation of "27150(a) Modified Exhaust".

I called 1800-622-7733 to schedule an inspection with BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair). After given my ticket info, the operator gave me several options of schedule and locations of the referee center. I picked the earliest I could get, which was at noon today in Fullerton College. The operator told me there is no charge. The State of California Smog Check Referee Center is located in the automotive shop building in the College. Alot of cute girls around, by the way.

After waiting for 10 min, the referee came out to meet me and got the info of my ticket and the car. You need to bring the ticket and registration!! The referee looked around the car, the muffler, and the engine bay. He said my ticket only requires a noise testing. He later took the car for noise testing. I had the stock muffler, stock mid pipe, stock cat, hks dp, & hks intake. The result was 87db. He said the car passed. And, he put a Certificate of Compliance sticker behind my citation ticket. And, there was no $$charge for the whole thing!!! I chatted with the referee for a few minutes, he is a nice guy, btw.

I just called the court to confirm what I needed to do with the citation ticket. Was told that I only need to send the ticket in, with Certificate of Compliance, and a $10 check as processing fee. Good deal!!!!!

I remember the good old days, when all you needed was a signature from CHP (no charge) and the court's fee (10.00) so simple ...

The Emperor
11-29-2006, 07:49 PM
the court will tell you that it is non correctable due to the new law... save yourself the trip just mail in the money and dont even get it signed off.

JOOTZ
11-29-2006, 08:14 PM

flipryder21
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Well got this thing taken care last week, I would have taken care of it sooner but have to get an extension cause I got rear ended on the way back to my mechanic's shop who took off my aftermarket exhaust and put my stock one back on. Ohh yeah all I did was take it to the ref and paid 10bucks for the ticket that's all. =0)

CRX2EVO
02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
here we go again

"new law this, new law that" Sounds like bullshit and these things are still correctable.

EvoPwr
02-02-2007, 05:25 PM
the whole exhaust for sure!

yup