PDA

View Full Version : New Zeitronix Display

Blak94GSX
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
This is more of a preview, since it isn't available quite yet, but check out the sexy new round gauge for the Zeitronix ZT2 system. Should be available in a couple weeks.

http://www.zeitronix.com/images/afr-gauge/z-square2-new.jpg

bbar
11-06-2006, 02:40 PM
That looks awesome Scot. Do you know what size (or sizes) it's going to be offered in?

Blak94GSX
11-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I think 60mm. Should be the same size as the most popular round gauges currently found in EVOs. This is just the display, and plugs into any ZT2 controller. Should be backward compatible with all ZT2 units.

C-Spec
11-06-2006, 02:48 PM
nice, very nice. they should make where you can you read boost and egt on it ?

kimletrim
11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I never thought I woud see the day Zietronix goes for the bling. It looks great though.

Terenus
11-06-2006, 04:00 PM
I really like to see Zeitronix redesign their LCD guage, the one right now looks very bulky.

Skiracer
11-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Awesome! I assume RRE will be the first ones to be selling them?

kimletrim
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I really like to see Zeitronix redesign their LCD guage, the one right now looks very bulky.

x2

trinydex
11-06-2006, 07:00 PM
i don't like it... there's no egt and no map :[

i'd like to see a redesigned lcd too.

Miss Evo8
11-06-2006, 07:04 PM

Seriously...the screen could use an "update" it looks more at home in the interior of a 1990 Eclipse then an Evo..just doesnt quite go...

GokuSSJ4
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
i need something with an egt and air/fuel..... reason why i loved the Zt-2 to begin with , except the lame LCD screen that cant be mounted anywhere without looking awkward..

kimletrim
11-06-2006, 08:27 PM
i need something with an egt and air/fuel..... reason why i loved the Zt-2 to begin with , except the lame LCD screen that cant be mounted anywhere without looking awkward..

That's whay I like the Pocket ZT. It allows you to use your Palm as a display for the Zietronix. You can see boost, EFT, AF ratio, rpm, etc. and the readout is better than the Zietronix LCD screen

trinydex
11-06-2006, 09:20 PM
that's why i want to see a revised lcd for zeitronix because that's the whole point of it. the whole edge that zeitronix had over "gauge" based systems was that it had everything you needed at your fingertips... peak hold too! the lcd was a bit bulky and unattractive, the wrong color but i can live with that... it'd just be nice to have a bigger one so you can see it better... the quality of the display was never in question, nice and bright.

if they're gonna go to the gauge style then they're just competing with aem and all those other blinky lights going in a crecent around the gauge setups.

Blak94GSX
11-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Don't worry, there are more new products to come...

I just thought the new round gauge was pretty cool.

GokuSSJ4
11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
that's why i want to see a revised lcd for zeitronix because that's the whole point of it. the whole edge that zeitronix had over "gauge" based systems was that it had everything you needed at your fingertips... peak hold too! the lcd was a bit bulky and unattractive, the wrong color but i can live with that... it'd just be nice to have a bigger one so you can see it better... the quality of the display was never in question, nice and bright.

if they're gonna go to the gauge style then they're just competing with aem and all those other blinky lights going in a crecent around the gauge setups.

Exactly!!! but at one point or another you find the screen design out of date... hopefully they consider re designing the old screen and keep at the same thing the features that have made the zt-2 a useful tool!

trinydex
11-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Don't worry, there are more new products to come...

I just thought the new round gauge was pretty cool.
ahem.... spoilers please.

trinydex
11-07-2006, 01:07 AM

Exactly!!! but at one point or another you find the screen design out of date... hopefully they consider re designing the old screen and keep at the same thing the features that have made the zt-2 a useful tool!
that's what we all want.

kaane
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
saw the working prototype at sema, looks pretty sweet!

GokuSSJ4
11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
like davyyyyyy posted , any spoilers???? pics would help...
an please something different than changing the color on the LCD screen... LOL i have 2 of those screens sitting at home, i really dont want something that bulky on the car ... but love the fact how useful they are though