PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 2

Cr0mster
11-07-2006, 08:23 PM
This is a must have game. If you didn't play the first one I recommend getting this. If you ever wanted to be good at guitar and just suck at it this is the game for you. The controller it comes with is shaped like a gibson SG.
It has 64 songs you can play. The track list is amazing if you like rock n roll.

Review:
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/guitar-hero-2/744174p1.html

The controller.
http://www.gamersmix.no/bilder/Spillkartotek/GuitarHero/guitarhero-2-010.jpg

http://www.guitarherogame.com/

kimletrim
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I played Guitar Heros and I agree it is an enjoyable game with great a great soundtrack.

EVOL EDO
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
1st game was awesome, they said the second one was more of the same but made harder, i still never beat bark at the moon, and cowboys from hell

EvolvedMCC
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
just got it and gears of war too. i'll probably get to GH2 on the weekend LOL. GEARS OF WAR FTW!!!

GokuSSJ4
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
damn! i have to show my cousin this game.. since he has always been interested in becoming a better guitar player.....

HOCKEY FREAK4
11-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I just got it today and its awesome just like the first one is.

silvery_eagle
11-08-2006, 06:47 AM
my company wholesale it... and had it setup at the lunch room last week before launch.... it's just too hard for me lol

Dmoney
11-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I bought this along with gears of war!! Guitar hero 2 is insane but they upped the difficulty! they have some awesome songs including Miserlou!

XubIX
11-08-2006, 09:25 AM
wow dmoney actually posted.....

EvolvedMCC
11-08-2006, 09:34 AM
DMoney is Gears of War off the chain or what? Best 360 graphics evarrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Dmoney
11-08-2006, 11:07 AM
dude gears of wars is FUGGIN INSANE! Graphics looks freakin awesome even on my Piece of shit T.V! Cant wait to get home and get strategic on their asses!!

Muramasa
11-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Somehow I dont like the U.S. Version. I liked guitar freaks better.

EvolvedMCC
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Somehow I dont like the U.S. Version. I liked guitar freaks better.

i think guitar freaks is a different game made by konami, in the arcades. never played it, is it much different than guitar hero?

nijikon5
11-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I played Guitar Freaks and Guitar hero I/II and I liked the GH series much better... The Guitar freaks songs use 3 frets [ GH has 5 frets. ] and the main challenge about it is the speed of the game. Guitar Hero to me is a lot more technical. Cowboys from Hell and bark at the moon are said to be harder to play on expert in the game then in real life.

EvolvedMCC
11-08-2006, 08:53 PM
haha yeah those two songs give me the most trouble. i think the best i can do is like 80-90% on the normal setting lol.

Dmoney
11-09-2006, 10:06 AM
I just played Guns N Roses Sweet Child of Mine and Rage against the Machine Killing in the Name!

Trying to get to Miserlou and Freebird

ultraflip
11-09-2006, 10:08 AM
damnit... i'm not getting my copy till tomorrow... with a wireless guitar though... can't wait to play

silvery_eagle
11-09-2006, 10:38 AM
play in ur bathroom? lolz

EVOL EDO
11-09-2006, 10:46 AM
does the wireless guitar actuall work well? has anyone used it?

silvery_eagle
11-09-2006, 12:33 PM
they work ok... my company sells them lol

EVOL EDO
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
only ok? noticeably different than the wired red octane one?

silvery_eagle
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
only ok? noticeably different than the wired red octane one?

actually... i meant they're pretty good... lol
you can play it in the toilet just like ultraflip

EVOL EDO
11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
so can you hook us up with the wireless controller? hahaha

roy.jovero
11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to play it. I had the game pre-ordered for a couple weeks, but I ended up spending too much money to pay the balance and pick it up. Guess I have no choice but to wait til Tuesday. Sucks.

silvery_eagle
11-12-2006, 02:59 PM
haha..... fry's are selling it for 99.99 :)
http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=op:mfe031406&sku=5059305

Ricardon
01-02-2007, 10:32 AM
OH EM GEE!!

Ok so I played this for the first time last night. I literally am very seriously bordering blisters on 3 fingertips on my left hand...played til almost 3am. So much fucking fun, I was laughing my ass off the whole time. Chad and I played a bunch of songs on cooperative mode...so much fun!!

x[corwyn]
01-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I didnt think too much of this game reading about it and all that, especially since I play guitar... Why the hell would I want to mash 5 different keys and pretend I am playing? Lame, right? Wrong....

My buddies at the New Year's party had this going on and then one of the guys I jam with started playing, and so I joined him. It was f'n addicting and fun. Holy Crap. and bonus I can get my girl to play it too... (Well I might be wrong on that one but oh well...)

So yesterday I go out and find WIRELESS guitar controllers... HOLY CRAP. This is gonna ROCK! So I get it home and was playing on easy for a bit, and then Rich showed up... I tell him what I bought and he makes a face like, "Dude you couldnt get more gayer than that..." So Im about to take my girlfriend home and he starts playing. Bastard got several more hours on it than me and so is already past me.

This game is awesome. Its a fun game by yourself, and with friends its a blast. I just wish they had a 3rd guitar option for bass, and drums. Rich and I were playing till late, and it is FUN. Its worth every penny.

Ricardon
01-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I beat Freebird yesterday...I had to gay it to pass it though (I used the controller instead of the guitar). Medium is just toooooo hard for me right now. I was only able to pass like 7 songs on medim with the guitar, and switched to the controller to unlock the other songs. Can't wait to play sweet child of mine on co-op on easy hahahahaha. Freebird was like WTF hard..the entire song is a freakin solo...my fingers are going to fall off hahahaha.

EVOL EDO
01-04-2007, 01:05 PM
u can play with the controller?

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:14 PM
u can play with the controller?

You can on medium. Rich figured it out yesterday because he's a wuss. I had a real early morning interview yesterday, so I didnt get to play it again yet, and he had the whole damned day off and he tells me he beat medium....Then tells me he cheesed it to beat it. LAME!

Ricardon
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Yep...

L2 = Green
L1 = Red
R1 = Yellow
R2 = Blue
(I listed them in order of color from the guitar)

The orange key is like X or Square I think, but I haven't done Hard mode yet, so not too sure.

Left Analog stick is the whammy bar.

I'm telling you though, Freebird is probably just as difficult on the controller as it is on the guitar. Â*I just need more practice using the guitar because I always sucked at playing a real guitar.

I used the controller to get past the songs I couldn't do with the guitar (see above where my guitar skills suck ass), just so I could unlock the other songs and stuff. Â*So, now that the songs are unlocked I can go back and do them and have fun instead of killing myself and my fingers. Â*That, and it'll be a helluva lot of fun playing some of the newer songs with a co-op on easy just to listen to good tunes.

EVOL EDO
01-04-2007, 01:18 PM
interesting, i had no idea the control was useable or playable because you would have to strum to hit notes i just figured it would be harder than using the guitar. Â*i actually started on medium on guitar hero 1 because easy was too boring, then i got stuck and had to relearn to play using my pinky.

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Yep...

L2 = Green
L1 = Red
R1 = Yellow
R2 = Blue
(I listed them in order of color from the guitar)

The orange key is like X or Square I think, but I haven't done Hard mode yet, so not too sure.

Left Analog stick is the whammy bar.

I'm telling you though, Freebird is probably just as difficult on the controller as it is on the guitar. I just need more practice using the guitar because I always sucked at playing a real guitar.

I used the controller to get past the songs I couldn't do with the guitar (see above where my guitar skills suck ass), just so I could unlock the other songs and stuff. So, now that the songs are unlocked I can go back and do them and have fun instead of killing myself and my fingers. That, and it'll be a helluva lot of fun playing some of the newer songs with a co-op on easy just to listen to good tunes.

I'm thinking about getting guitar hero 1 in a few weeks just for that reason.

Theres a huge list of items I want to get though and will have to beat the game in each of the difficulty levels to get them

Ricardon
01-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah with the controller it automatically strums for you. Â*On the notes you have to hold, you simply have to hold the button down.

Oh, I also unlocked a new character, 2 new guitars and a new heads-up co-op that puts the same frets on both screens...tight. Â*I can't even imagine how fun this game would be after a few beers and a few shots!!

And Chad, I totally could have told you that I beat it straight up and you never would have known sweetheart!! Â*So, you down for a little co-op GNR or Freebird tonight? Â*I'll play the bass like always!!

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Yeah with the controller it automatically strums for you. On the notes you have to hold, you simply have to hold the button down.

Oh, I also unlocked a new character, 2 new guitars and a new heads-up co-op that puts the same frets on both screens...tight. I can't even imagine how fun this game would be after a few beers and a few shots!!

And Chad, I totally could have told you that I beat it straight up and you never would have known sweetheart!! So, you down for a little co-op GNR or Freebird tonight? I'll play the bass like always!!

I'm thinking of a new play mode.... If you get yellow, you have to take a shot. You get red you have to do 2 shots. Then stick it on hard mode.

Yea I am down for playing tonite. Gonna try to get my band to catch up to Manjuice tonite.

EVOL EDO
01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
im still mad because i cant get the battleaxe guitar thats the only one i want. my roommate got it but i cant beat 2 songs on guitar hero 1 (i failed with 2 notes left on bark at the moon or it would be 1 song left), and there im stuck on freya in guitar hero 2 so im not even close to getting it on 2. Â*i unlocked the viking guitar on 2 though. its pretty funny looking. Â*freebird is insanely long. Â*damnit all this guitar hero talk makes me want to play.

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 01:39 PM
im still mad because i cant get the battleaxe guitar thats the only one i want. my roommate got it but i cant beat 2 songs on guitar hero 1 (i failed with 2 notes left on bark at the moon or it would be 1 song left), and there im stuck on freya in guitar hero 2 so im not even close to getting it on 2. i unlocked the viking guitar on 2 though. its pretty funny looking. freebird is insanely long. damnit all this guitar hero talk makes me want to play.

Me too. And I am stuck here at work with nothing to do but feel crappy.

Ricardon
01-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Manjuice is the ultimate band name!! I wish it gave more characters though because I'd have called my band The Man From Nantucket!

x[corwyn]
01-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Manjuice is the ultimate band name!! I wish it gave more characters though because I'd have called my band The Man From Nantucket!

Im digging Manjuice as a name. As far as I have known it hasnt been used, so talk about a name that would horrify people.... Awesome.

EVOL EDO
01-04-2007, 02:12 PM
my roommates band is the poo fighters

BUDLoNG
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
my xbox live name is a666manjuice666

Ricardon
01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
my xbox live name is a666manjuice666

Thief!!

Granny Shifter
01-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Six by All that Remains on hard is crazy! I seriously think it would be easier to play on guitar, but I can't find the guitar tabs.

x[corwyn]
01-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Six by All that Remains on hard is crazy! I seriously think it would be easier to play on guitar, but I can't find the guitar tabs.

http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/a/all_that_remains/six_tab.htm

Granny Shifter
01-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks xcrown! I've looked at ultimate-guitar.com a while ago, but I couldn't find it.

RdEvo
01-06-2007, 10:21 PM
dude i hear the same songs OVER and OVER and OVER at best buy. its horrible i hate that game lol. Maybe i hate it cuz i am so horrible at it

EVOL EDO
01-07-2007, 07:42 PM

hahaha i just went to look for that song because of you. i was like what song is that? i havnt played any of the bonus tracks yet so that was my first one. i tried it on hard that song made my hand tired.

Granny Shifter
01-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Yup. it does that; haha.

EviLutionIX
01-08-2007, 12:01 AM
This Game is Insane//// Got it for christmas and the first time I played it, I stopped until I beat easy, then I beat medium, but hard is waaaaaay hard for me... I play guitar and this is harder than playing guitar... (I suck at playing guitar though..)
LAID TO REST, MOTHER, HANGAR 18, SWEET OL CHILD OF MINE, WAR PIGS..... FTW!!!!