PDA

View Full Version : SRT Motorsports -Thread Merge-

Pages : [1] 2

Coolguy949
01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
What do you guys think of the service offered at SRT Motorsports? Espcially during the meet.

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 12:57 PM
great service !!!

Muramasa
01-26-2004, 02:27 PM
They were nice people. But they were soo busy that I couldnt ask about 7 tails.

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Rob has some for sale PM him ...

robi
01-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Because of the # of service jobs my cam install had a little hiccup... Sam bent over backwards to make it right and I learned that his customers and the support he gives them is top notch

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
was the timing not down correctly ??

robi
01-27-2004, 10:07 AM
no the tensioner got released and it took a while to sort it (then my B/O valve got some thing in the seal and it wouldn't make full boost... it was a classic snafu and Sam and his tech worked around all the problems. I'm happy and would go back to have more mods installed....and I can be a real obsesive jerk at times. (like about the EVO and Going 140-160 and something breaking)

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 10:15 AM
how did the tensioner came loose ?? was this right away or while at the shop went they started the car up ???

mprtklr
01-27-2004, 01:37 PM
little pricey on the seat harnesses 90 a seat, is really pricey, you could get some identical ones that are fully certified for 118 a pair from summit racing.

although he was areally nice guy...but he didnt like my idea of everyone taking turns batting the poor defenseless black STi in the back.

Howie
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
sam is cool. i've had good service from him in the past.

Cr0mster
01-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Got my exhaust installed quickly and have had no problems.

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2004, 06:12 PM
i wonder who was getting the Buschur Turbo back install , which looks like some high quality ....

Sam Smash
01-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Hello,

I wanted to thank everyone that came to our event. I am very sorry if it was too busy for me to attend to everyone. The meet was so large, I have to admit, it was a little overwhelming. I am very happy to see all these postive feedback and that no one left with a bad experience. I am in the busniess to stay in busniess. Customer service comes before anything. That evo with the cam install. Boy was that car faster when we got through with it. I went for a drive the next day. Love to see evo's in the 11's :) Socalevo is always welcome at SRT. Hope to see everyone again.

Sam Shahidzadeh
SRT Motorsports
(714) 632-3482

robi
01-30-2004, 01:54 AM
I got the turbo back (Old guys don't "fit the ricer profile so we get away with more mods"). It completed my Buschur Racing stage IV just before my reflash... Like my trunk "taunt" for T-Hill??? http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61757&highlight=robi
and check out this other link too. http://www.davesdaily.com/29-speeding.htm

PS I know there are Al haters in this club... My car is BR's 91 pisstane mule for the flash and after that Al spent 2 more hours on my car because I wanted a race Gas flash that I would "detune" with the apexi rather than a street tune(91 octane remember) that I would have to modify with the Apexi. He didn't have to BR only paid to have my car flashed to their 91 gas requirements it was midnight Als first apointment during the day was at 09:00 we didn't finish till 02:00 (meaning Al wasn't satisfied till then). and like the link above. my EVO came alive. (I'm just sorry that socalevo viewers won't have access to his magic...) It's your loss both in $$$'s and performance..[/img]

Coolguy949
01-30-2004, 05:58 AM
We have no doubt Al has an exceptional product, however, his sales tactics and continual false allegations gave us no choice but to take action. It's too bad that we cant promote the dynoflash product anymore, especially with the positive reviews it has.

GokuSSJ4
01-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Sam it would be nice if you were able to have an AWD dyno , and for you to tune some Evos hehe.

BOVBILLY
02-27-2004, 11:40 AM
I just want to briefly state that Sam, @ SRT Motorspots, does 110% A+ work. He has done alot of work on my EVO and damn, perfect. His mechanic, Cesar, knows his in's and out's of the 4G63.

I just want to give props to him and his team of mechanics. I would never think twice, of referring someone to him!

Good Job Sam!

SRT Motorsports
714-632-3482

GokuSSJ4
02-28-2004, 02:16 PM
what new things did you get done on your car Bill ???

KU7484
03-03-2004, 11:12 AM
how much are they charging for LABOR and hour?

BOVBILLY
03-03-2004, 11:25 AM
SRT did my cams, springs, gauges, etc....

They charge $50.00 an hour!

GokuSSJ4
03-03-2004, 12:26 PM
which gauges did they do for you Bill , also can you post some pics ???
that would be great ...

BOVBILLY
03-03-2004, 03:26 PM
THEY DID THE APEXi TACH, BOOST AND OIL TEMP

i will post pics from H.I.N.

bcmind
03-03-2004, 04:49 PM
THEY DID THE APEXi TACH, BOOST AND OIL TEMP

i will post pics from H.I.N.

O.. and how much for the gauge with install?

BOVBILLY
03-03-2004, 06:03 PM
i think it was like $785.00

GokuSSJ4
03-03-2004, 06:12 PM
have you seen the panel that gruppe-s.com offers ??
i want to run that with 60mm gauges , one would be the AEM air/fuel (need to know the size )
and the other 2 boost, oil psi ...
i want to know where you mounted yours at...

han74j
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
goddamn 785 eah....

robi
03-03-2004, 09:34 PM
I agree quality work and well priced. A shop that should be supported.

Nynguah
03-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Ditto on the quality work and great prices. Sam has taken care of me in the past and continues to do so - stand up guy who goes the distance.

-Josh

Cr0mster
03-04-2004, 05:55 PM
I agree. Very good service and quailty install.

Sam Smash
04-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Hello,

I have great news. Anaheim Mitsubishi has worked out a deal for SRT Motorsports Customers. If you are looking for a new Mitsubishi (Evo Preferred :D ) They have special pricing available. Also let me know if you are interested in test driving one. I know that this has been a difficult thing to do and only a small group of dealers allow test drives. I can arrange a drive for you there. I also talk to the head guys down there about the warranty issues. I know some Evo owners are driving too far to get their cars serviced only because they fear their warranty will be revoked. Don't worry. Call me I will set you up.

Sam
SRT Motorsports
(714) 632-3482

Anaheim Mitsubishi
(714) 533-2200

Macky
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
thats good to know

Absinthe
04-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Cut me a beyond Killer deal on parts (RMR)

and then installed them while I waited on a sunday because saturday did not work. Flawless install car hasnt even blown up yet.

Serious props to Sam and the rest of the crew.

Next time however I want to see 10's out of that stroker motor and I would like to see it run more boost than my WRX did.

sweet hook up any one else needing a quick install and a hook up on labor check these guys out

Sam Smash
04-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Thank you again for your busniess :)

Its great to hear that you are happy with our work

If there is anything else that we can do for you in the future, feel free to ask :)

Thanx Again

Sam
SRT Motorsports
(714) 632-3482

Absinthe
04-26-2004, 09:29 AM
I'll be intouch when I get my next bonus pleasure working with you.

rEdEvO8
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
I agree, Sam and his techs were great when I got all my stuff installed. I got my intake, TT and my Greddy exhaust installed. The prices were just great. Sam even dropped my girl and I at the store down the street to eat while the install was happening. He gave him his personal cell to give him a call to pick me up. I was like, man you cannot beat this service. But I ended up walking, ate too much :oops: lol........
Thanks again Sam!

Wind Racer
05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
I agree with everyone here, Sam is the MAN :!: One the best customer service out there on the Market :!: He got my stuff within a couple of days. That's Amazing! SRT Motorsport #1 in my books :!: Thanks Again Sam :!: :D

Brent

BTW - Thanks for the key chain! :D

BOVBILLY
05-05-2004, 01:41 PM
what did you have installed?

tama_mog
05-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, not to talk down on srt, but I did not have the greatest time with them on my experience. Their rates are good, I will admit that.....I had slight scuffs on my car after I got it back, I can accept that, since it's bound to happen, so I didn't trip. I was disappointed when they scratched the dash plate I purchased for my gauges during the install....and they told me it came scratched....which is impossible since I examined it to hell b4 I left my car there. This is still not that big of a deal I guess, but here are the things that got me. First, the tach wasn't working on my defi vsd and second sam said he would have his mechanics look @ my "malfunctioning boost controller" for me...(me and my friend installed it and it took awhile to drill through the firewall and hook things up, we didn't want to trouble shoot it during that night of hell till 4am). Basically they had my car on saturday to sunday, to do cams, valvetrain upgrade, and my gauges, ,and look @ my boost controller. So basically when I got the car, ,the tach and the boost controller still wasn't workin and sam told me to bring it in later and he'll look @ it. I live in San Diego and I work fulltime every weekday so it is hard for me to go to LA during week....but I had the tuning session the following weekend so I missed monday to see srt....basically, I was there for 4 hours while they were trying to fix my boost controller and tach on my heads up display....and had no results. So that night, me and my friend took a look and within 10 minutes we saw the solenoid totally disconnected.....and we connected it and it's fine.....and as for the tach, I figured it out in another 20 minutes reading the manual and hooking it up right. Basically my gripe is missing work all day to drive up to LA for nothing. At least the cams and valvetrain looks to be a job well done, good job caesar. Just wanted to throw my experience out there. And congrats to Sam on his car, I saw it in the works and was already quite impressed, hope to see you in the 10's.

Wind Racer
05-05-2004, 03:40 PM
I got Work Wheels from SRT Motorsports.

prosailortim
05-05-2004, 06:09 PM
In April I purchased the Gruppe-S custom gauge panel & a set of Defi BF gauges from Boost Solutions (companies I highly recommend). On this forum SRT was recommended for the installation. I spoke with Sam on several occasions on the phone and in person. He talked a good story and said that he had installed several (10 to be exact) of these set-ups. Before I go on, I inspected the Defi gauges before I handed them over to SRT; they were in perfect condition.

On 4-15-04 I dropped my Evo off at his shop. Later that afternoon I received a phone call that my car was finished. When I arrived at Sam’s shop my Evo was parked in the front, I glanced inside and everything looked good. Sam was Busy talking with customer. I paid my bill and Sam had one of the installers go out to my car with me to show me how to work the Defi controller. First thing that I noticed when I sat in my car was that my dash was scratched in three places right below the new gauge panel. Then I noticed that my EGT gauge had several noticeable scuffmarks on the lens. I brought this to the installer’s attention promptly went inside and advised Sam of the situation. He was busy, and I needed to attend a meeting that I was already late for. I told Sam I would call him the following day.

The next morning I pop my hood to check my fluid levels and my oil was low by 1 quart (I always check my oil before I drive her). The oil was lost at SRT when they installed the sandwich oil filter adapter for my oil temp gauge. In my opinion they should have replaced the lost oil, or at least informed that oil needed to be added. I then noticed that my heat shield for my exhaust manifold was all jacked-up and missing one of the bolts. The installer drilled the heat shield incorrectly when he installed the EGT probe. It appears he tried to wallow the hole out so the heat shield would seat properly, but gave up when he started to visibly trash the heat shield.

I called Sam and told him that I was coming over so he could see what I was pissed off about. I showed Sam the damage items, he said he knew of a company that could repair my dashboard. He didn’t know what to do about the scuffed up EGT gauge. I told him I would contact Defi in Texas and see if the lens could be replaced. I showed him the heat shield and the missing bolt, all he said was get a longer bolt. I called him back later that day and informed him that Defi does not offer a replacement lens for their gauges; a new gauge would have to be purchased. He said he would get back with me in a few days when the repairs could be made. He also said that he would do whatever it took to make things right, and I believed him.

Here it is 3 weeks later and no call from Sam. I have called his office on a daily basis, even stopped by once; he’s never in and won’t return my calls. I’m going to have XS Engineering fix the damage that SRT caused. Then I’m going to take him to “Small Claims” court to recoup the cost of their mistakes. I’m also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Before dealing with SRT/Sam, look how he treated me and I only had gauges installed.

prosailortim
05-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Read about my experience with SRT & Sam

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26771#26771

Macky
05-05-2004, 08:24 PM
BTW - Thanks for the key chain! :D

what key chain was it? can i have one too sam? :D

prosailortim
05-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Tarmac02.... It's been over 3 hours, still no reply from SRT.

It would be nice to hear something from them even if it's on this forum.

I'm a 44-year-old business owner. Two months ago I took a $52,000.00 loss due to a project managers mistake.

That's life; in business you take the good with the bad. Employees make mistakes, Sam needs to accept that fact and act like a man.

Not a cowering pussy, hoping that if you ignore me I’ll go away…. be a man Sam… Word of mouth is your best advertising. It can also be counter productive as well.

By ignoring me, your showing everybody on this forum what kind of of customer satisfaction you really provide when things go bad.

I see the forums that "SRT Rocks" its all bolt on parts from what I see.

I bet I'm not the only dissatisfied customer you've had.

If it's sounds like I'm pissed.... You've got it right. You put yourself in my place, how would you feel?

Another thing Sam, I'll be a man one more time. I'll give you one more chance to correct your mistake. You have my number (I've left it every time that I've called), call me tomorrow..... Be a man and handle this problem like a man, show everyone here on this forum you believe in customer satisfaction.

I didn't want to bring this to the forum.... Sam gave me no choice.

gt40
05-05-2004, 09:19 PM
I had them do my gauges last weekend. They made a mistake: the EGT was wired wrong. No hassles when I called: Sam said just bring it down and we will take care of it and they did. Can't speak for anyone else but they were open and took me on short notice on a sat. Would have been nice to have it done right the first time but they dropped everything and fixed the the problem when I came down.

3 hours on a forum may be an eternity on a forum but not everyone is glued to their computer. I would give them a chance to deal with it in person. Why not just go down there?

Ricardon
05-05-2004, 09:25 PM
It looks as if he has driven over there and Sam wasn't there at the time. I'd say keep driving over there, your schedule permitting, and if it isn't too far out of your way. I don't have any experience with SRT, so I don't have any input. Good luck with getting your issues resolved. I've seen good vendors/shops turn things around even after really bad deals such as this seems to be. Again, good luck!

gt40
05-05-2004, 09:30 PM
It looks as if he has driven over there and Sam wasn't there at the time.

Missed that part of the post. Good luck and camp out if you can spare the time.

prosailortim
05-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Gt40.... I have been there in person & I have called every day for weeks with no response from Sam.... tell me what else can I do?

I'm glad they fixed your wiring problem.... My situation is very different than yours. It's going to cost Sam $$$$ to correct this problem.... hence why he's avoiding me. It's not a wiring mistake, and it can't be fixed without him opening his wallet.

I understand people make mistakes.... but when my car is returned to me in worse condition than when I dropped it off, and I paid money in good faith believing Sam would correct his mistakes... that make me an ass?.... what's wrong with that picture?

I don't have the luxury of working in town every day. I travel all around the world for business. So I can't be stopping by SRT's shop to see if Sam has gotten my messages (which I was told by the receptionist he did receive).

My Evo is my weekend toy.... and I love my toys, especially this toy. My car is perfect in every way. Josh at H.B. Mitsubishi saw what SRT did to my car.... I pointed these items out to him while I getting my oil changed.

I know people aren't glued to their computers.... I'm sure that since I've posted this topic someone has called Sam. That's the whole purpose why I've posted this topic. I want Sam to know I'm not going away.... and I want him correct his mistake.

At this point, I'd like to hear from anyone at SRT.

Tarmac02, SRT seemed really cool to me too. That's why I took my car to them. Most business owners are cool when they want your money. Just wait till you have a problem and see how cool they are.

tama_mog
05-05-2004, 11:11 PM
if you read my post in srt rocks the house, I'm having similar experiences, just never bitched really....but now that u mention it, I did forget that they drilled my exhaust manifold all messed up too....I bought a new cusco heat shield but now I'm gettin a bigger turbo so I won't even use it, irony of it all.

prosailortim
05-06-2004, 04:55 AM
tama_mog, I saw your post after I started this thread.

Myself, I only deal with XS Engineering when it comes to engine work. They cost more; if you have a problem with them they correct their mistake promptly. Remember the old adage..... "You Get What You Pay For."

I decided to try a new vendor; I thought to myself "Hell it's Only Gauges" what's the worst thing that could happen? I'm sure everyone can answer that question for themselves

Sam Smash
05-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Wow,

I am surprised. I guess your forgot to add the part where I told you I would fix your car. Being a coward. Thats kinda funny to me. We promised to fix those imaginary scrathes for you. To me it looks like a cat hair (cookie) :) but its not. They are soooo tiny its hard to prove whether we did them or not, but I don't like to argue with customers with things like that. Its too small of a problem. The mark on your egt you couldnt even show me. You said, " Can only be seen at certain angles, certian type of light hitting it."

As far as fixing the car, I am not avoiding you because it costs me $$$$$
The damn thing wouldnt cost me a thing. Its called knowing people in the busniess, and if they screw up, they bring thier cars here. If we screw up we take our cars there. In all the time that we have been in busniess, this has never happend.

I am well known on the boards here for going out of my way for customers. To me customer service is everything.

Now here is my problem. The both of us seem to be very busy people. The week that this had happened you couldnt bring in the car "REMEMBER I TOLD YOU I WOULD FIX IT" If you are coming to my shop, and I am not here what do you want??? Maybe I don't have a chance to work with you.

The phone seems to be a problem for you, cause you don't answer the damn thing.

Here is the new problem. Now I have a problem with you. I gave you a chance to work on your car here, but this is what you have decided to do. You want me to be nice, but you bad mouth my busniess. Why should I go out of my way for something in the first place that I don't agree with. On good terms we were going to fix the problem.

I love this part. You come to my office with a hostile attitude and give the girl that works here a hard time. Now she is afraid of you because she cannot do anything about this. Plus you tell her " DON'T WORRY, I DON'T GET ANGRY, I GET EVEN" PLUS "YOU DON'T WANNA SEE ME GET ANGRY, IT'S GOING TO GET UGLY"

I find this as a threat. If my employees are threatend by any person, that person is not welcome at our shop again.

I don't mind you writing anything on these forums. Hell go over to evolutionm and write everything you can think of. If thier are any other websites go there too. But coming here and giving my employees a threats is not acceptable.

Sorry it went this way. I really wanted to see you as a long term customer and friend.

prosailortim
05-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Finally I get a response back from you.

What are you talking about???? You've been calling me??? It's been 3 weeks Sam, my cell phone is always on. When were you going to fix my problems Sam, a month from now? Be real, you were trying to blow me off.

Do you really think I'd be posting here if you were trying to fix the problem?

I never made threats to your employee.... I did say that I would take legal action if you didn't contact me, and that this would get ugly (meaning legal action) if you didn't resolve this issue. Was I pissed, of course I was. When I have to take time out of my day to try and track you down so you can correct your mistakes, you'd be pissed as well. That was over a week ago when I stopped by your office.

Don't try and make this look like I'm the bad guy here.... fix the problem.

I'd like to comment/elorate about some things you said in your above post.... I will address those comments later on this evening. I have a job to go to now... you have my phone number, maybe now you'll call.

Sam Smash
05-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Its funny how you think that this post is going to motivate me to move a finger for you.

I always go out of my way for customers. But you have a bad attitude and I am not going to help you. Its as simple as that. Remember I was going to fix the car. Our schedules don't seem to work out. I try to get a hold of you, or you try to get a hold of me. Thats not my fault. But this!!! Why should I bother to help.

You did make treats to my employee, and they are not comfortable with your presence at my shop. You have a bully attitude and it is not tolerated at all here.

These posts are only to cause some type of public drama. Its the "Getting Even part". So get EVEN!! As long as its not yelling at girls here at the shop :)

dpardo
05-06-2004, 12:02 PM
The post may not make you move a finger for him but it sure isn't making any positive statements for prospective customers.

prosailortim
05-06-2004, 07:57 PM
OK Sam now I have time to answer your two posts, and thanks for finally acknowledging me after 3 weeks. I would like to elaborate on every one of your comments you posted on the forum today.

Starting with your first post:

· (SAM) I am surprised. I guess your forgot to add the part where I told you I would fix your car. Being a coward. Thats kinda funny to me. We promised to fix those imaginary scrathes for you. To me it looks like a cat hair (cookie) but its not. They are soooo tiny its hard to prove whether we did them or not, but I don't like to argue with customers with things like that. Its too small of a problem. The mark on your egt you couldnt even show me. You said, " Can only be seen at certain angles, certian type of light hitting it."
· (REPLY) Sam if you go back and read my post I did mention you promised to fix my car. The “Imaginary Scratches” in my dash as you put it were caused by your installer and are very noticeable. You did see the scuffmarks on my EGT gauge. Yes, they are small but they were scuffed up during the installation by your installer. You might not think it’s a big deal; it’s a $250.00 gauge, which needs to be fixed/replaced.
· (SAM) As far as fixing the car, I am not avoiding you because it costs me $$$$$ The damn thing wouldnt cost me a thing. Its called knowing people in the busniess, and if they screw up, they bring thier cars here. If we screw up we take our cars there. In all the time that we have been in busniess, this has never happened
· (REPLY) OK then Sam, you have only returned one of my phone calls after I paid for the gauge installation. I promptly called you back and you were gone again. So in a 3-week period you returned one phone call, I guess your right you weren’t avoiding me. If you can get all of these items repaired for free, then what was the problem getting back in touch with me? You forgot to make mention of the damaged exhaust heat shield and returning my vehicle back to me low on oil. I’m sure those are “Imaginary” items I made up too.
· (SAM) I am well known on the boards here for going out of my way for customers. To me customer service is everything.
· (REPLY) So where do I fit in to that equation? What does customer service mean to you? Not having the common courtesy to return a customers phone calls?
· (SAM) Now here is my problem. The both of us seem to be very busy people. The week that this had happened you couldnt bring in the car "REMEMBER I TOLD YOU I WOULD FIX IT" If you are coming to my shop, and I am not here what do you want??? Maybe I don't have a chance to work with you. The phone seems to be a problem for you, cause you don't answer the damn thing.
· (REPLY) What does being busy have to do with returning phone calls? I came by your shop after calling you for 2-weeks hoping to find you there so I could speak with you in person. My phone is by my side 24/7 and is always on Sam. In order for me to answer my phone Sam you need to dial my number first. You say you’ve called me correct? I say you didn’t, so basically you’re calling me a liar correct? You returned my car to me on 4-15-04. So you should have received last months phone bill already showing all of your out going calls. How about you post your phone bill (with only my number showing) from the April 15 to April 30 showing myself and all the good people of this forum how many times you actually called me. I will be the first to apologize to you and this forum if you did actually place calls to me. To help you sort through your bill (in case you misplaced my number), here’s the first few digits of my phone number (714) 932-23XX.
· (SAM) Here is the new problem. Now I have a problem with you. I gave you a chance to work on your car here, but this is what you have decided to do. You want me to be nice, but you bad mouth my busniess.
· (REPLY) Sam when did you actually “Give Me The Chance” to bring my car in and fix your mistake? Am I missing something? When were you going to call me so I could bring my car in? This was the last place I wanted to bring my problem. You gave me no choice Sam; I’m not doing this because I derive some kind of sick pleasure from it. Believe me, I have a life and better things to do with my free time. You say I’m bad mouthing your business, in actuality I’m just stating the facts of the situation Sam. You brought this on yourself, if you want to blame someone go look in the mirror.
· (SAM) Why should I go out of my way for something in the first place that I don't agree with. On good terms we were going to fix the problem
· (REPLY) If you didn’t agree that your installer caused those damages, why in the first sentence of your first post did you say, and I ‘m quoting you now “I guess your forgot to add the part where I told you I would fix your car.” You also told me to my face and you gave me your word that you’d fix the damages.
· (SAM) I love this part. You come to my office with a hostile attitude and give the girl that works here a hard time. Now she is afraid of you because she cannot do anything about this. Plus you tell her " DON'T WORRY, I DON'T GET ANGRY, I GET EVEN" PLUS "YOU DON'T WANNA SEE ME GET ANGRY, IT'S GOING TO GET UGLY
· (REPLY) Those weren’t exactly my words, but whatever; I think she’s exaggerating a little bit.
· (SAM) I find this as a threat. If my employees are threatend by any person, that person is not welcome at our shop again.I don't mind you writing anything on these forums. Hell go over to evolutionm and write everything you can think of. If thier are any other websites go there too. But coming here and giving my employees a threats is not acceptable.
· (REPLY) I’m a 44-year-old professional Sam and I don’t go around threatening women or employees of a business. My problem is not with them, only with you Sam. So don’t try and make me out to be the bad guy here like I’m some kind of thug threatening women. Live up to your promise and fix your mistakes.
· (SAM) Sorry it went this way. I really wanted to see you as a long term customer and friend.
· (REPLY) Does that mean I won’t be getting a Christmas card from you this year?

Now to address your second post:

· (SAM) Its funny how you think that this post is going to motivate me to move a finger for you.
· (REPLY) This post finally motivated you to contact me, that’s a start. And you did move a finger for me Sam. I got you to type me a response.
· (SAM) I always go out of my way for customers. But you have a bad attitude and I am not going to help you. Its as simple as that. Remember I was going to fix the car. Our schedules don't seem to work out. I try to get a hold of you, or you try to get a hold of me. Thats not my fault. But this!!! Why should I bother to help
· (REPLY) I’m glad you go out of your way for your customers. I must have missed the “Customer Satisfaction” bus. I don’t have a bad attitude Sam; I love my life. Your next statement really surprises me “I am not going to help you. Its as simple as that”. I think I already did the math on that one Sam, please check my formula (3 WEEKS + NO RETURNED CALLS = NO HELP) I can’t even comment on the rest of the paragraph, this is getting redundant.
· (SAM) You did make treats to my employee, and they are not comfortable with your presents at my shop. You have a bully attitude and it is not tolerated at all here. These posts are only to cause some type of public drama. Its the "Getting Even part". So get EVEN!! As long as its not yelling at girls here at the shop
· (REPLY) Here’s this threat thing again, let it go Sam; it’s not working for you.

Sam Smash
05-06-2004, 08:20 PM
You have too much time on your hands

and I am sorry, you wont recieve a Christmas card :)

prosailortim
05-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Sam, since you won’t be rectifying your mistakes (and you’ve made that very clear in your posts) you have left me no choice but to pursue legal action.

First I’ll be contacting the Better Business Bureau to see if they can remedy this situation. If that fails, I will be taking you to Small Claims Court.

Sam, I had made every effort to keep this out of the forums and handle this like men. I even gave you one last chance to follow through with correcting your mistakes. Sorry it had to come to this.

prosailortim
05-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Per your earlier request, I did post this topic on other forums.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=79457&highlight=srt+motorsports

G20
05-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Sam,
sometimes we do make mistakes. Why don't you fix this problem? A customer is a customer even the personality and the reaction to a problem may different. Remember me? The white EVO?

gofaster87
05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Wow, after reading both sides of the story I would still say that SRT needs to fix their mistakes. Whether the customer has a bad attitude(3 week wait would make me blow up too) or not its still a mistake on your part that needs to be fixed. I would be pretty pissed off myself if I recieved my car in any other condition than when I had dropped it off. This lack of customer service has just lost my business.

STFU Tuning
05-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Sam, I don't know you and have never been to your shop. I called the other day because I wanted to see if you guys could get some head work done for me. Nobody called me back. No big deal. I would've called again. This post makes me think twice.

I've heard good things about SRT, and this news makes me sad. I think you should reconsider your position here and do the right thing no matter how hard it may be. I am a business owner too, and sometimes we must swallow our pride. I know, it sucks.

prosailortim: I am sorry to hear about this situation. It seems that you have exhausted all options. My only advice is this. I don't know what you said to who, but posturing in front of a secretary really is not the way to go about things. She is really not that important in the big scheme of things. I don't mean to belittle anyone, but just to point out that showing her how mad you are won't get you anywhere. I highly doubt you made any threats, but she most likely felt uncomfertable with your attitude. I can understand where your frustration comes from though, and sometimes we just react.

In the end, I hope all goes well for both sides.

-Darwin

prosailortim
05-07-2004, 12:16 AM
STFU Tuning, I was a little animated when I spoke with Sam's female employee. I admitted I was pissed in a previous post. Did I threaten her no; I did give her a message to pass along to Sam though. Evidently he received that message, which was the day Sam actually called me. Unfortunately I was in an area of poor cellular reception, I had to let my voice mail pick-up the call. I did call Sam back within 10 to 15 minutes though; once again he was out of the office.

I’m really bothered by one of Sam’s statements though. Sam claims that I made threats to his female employee. If I made such threats why weren’t the police called and a report filed? If she is so frightened by me and I was such a bully, why weren’t the local authorities called? Like I said, yes I was pissed, never did I threaten Sam’s employee, not my style

STFU Tuning
05-07-2004, 12:32 AM
prosailortim: That is another good point. I own gas stations here in socal and a few other places. Unfortunatly, my employees get threats on occasion. It happens, especially when you serve so many different kinds of people. It is my policy that local law enforcement be notified and a report made. Many times, the perp will actually get picked up for making the threats.

It seems to me that the idea of you making threats was one that was fabricated to serve a purpose, that purpose being to take the heat off one person, and put in on another, you. I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time, but the tactic came out pretty transparent if you ask me.

I really don't want to pick sides here, but I would also like to point out that Sam said at one point that he would fix the problem(which I guess didn't happen), but now he says that because he doesn't like you, he won't help you. Here is my take. That is a decision made out of anger, and it is personal. This is business. It is not the same thing. I can exclude you from a party at my house if I don't like you, but it will not get me sued or take money out of my pocket.

drmosh
05-07-2004, 12:34 AM
I think this bickering in public has gone on long enough, locking the thread. Please take any remaining issues private.
If anyone has anything else factual to add positive or negative, please start your own thread.

Muramasa
05-23-2004, 04:20 AM
Today I went to SRT.

Things done at SRT

1) B&M Short Shifter
2) Red Line Trans Fluid
3) Profec B- Spec II Tuning
4) Greddy Oil Catch Can Installation
5) Espiler Spring Installation

Sam was extrememly helpful and so were the two tech guys there that did the installation. Sam answered all my newbish questions and gave me great prices for the service and items that I purchased. I would go to them again for my next set of stuff for installation in the future (when I have saved enough money from eating cup noodles :D ).

1) The B&M feels really good. You just have to get used to the short distance but so far I don't have that much of that pulling feeling from stock. Maybe I just don't shift well enough but I like the B&M.
2) Red Line was done and they actually let me watch them do alot of the installs which I was happy with because alot of times you have to watch from a distance and I learned a bit more than I would normally.
3) My profec B doesnt give me fuel cut anymore and Im boosting 17.2 =) It feels alot better than my 13.3 psi that I was pushing earlier with fuel cut =). I have no complaints watsoever on everything they did.
4) The catch can was hard and so I had nothing to say when the techs decided to put it somewhere. I just with it came with a bigger white hose =).
5) The springs are awesome! They made a big difference with handling and visuals too but I had a question tho. Regarding that, somehow I can feel every single bump on the road and my tires are pulling more than before. Is it because at 15000 miles and only 2 tire rotations its the tires?? Somehow the steering feels harder to steel but its clean when u make turns. Maybe I am just paranoid =). HA HA HA.. So dont get the wrong idea. SRT did a great installation on that.

Overall out of all the shops I have visited, SRT was a nice experience. And I would recommend this place for anyone who wanted any installations done. I don't really know regarding what other people that have issues with SRT but my experience was great. If you need more information regarding anything please post and I will reply the best I can and as soon as I can. =)

Thanks SRT for making my day. =)

Coolguy949
05-23-2004, 09:07 AM
What do you mean by pulling?

robi
05-23-2004, 09:39 AM
I think due to the drop you get an increase in camber this "helps" the car turn...so if your alignment is slightly off this accentuates this..

Absinthe
05-23-2004, 01:13 PM
dude you need an allignment

GokuSSJ4
05-23-2004, 04:43 PM
every time that you mess with the suspension (specially high wise an alignment is always recommend it )

Muramasa
05-23-2004, 04:45 PM
if it is super down something I still need alignment?

Absinthe
05-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Goku's right you should have the allugnment do go to Mueller get it set up wih the rear sway bar then you be money.

Tarmac02
05-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Does anyone else have the espilar springs... I'm considering purchasing these as an easy fix for fender gap when I go with 18s for daily use.

Muramasa
05-23-2004, 10:39 PM
rear sway bar? Where is tht? Under the trunk or in the trunk?? I don't have room in the trunk. And that is gonna cost alot huh!! I wonder if you feel a difference or not. I have espiler springs =). I can take picture of my stock wheels and how much it lowers but on an 18 inch.. thats alot of lowering!

han74j
05-23-2004, 10:56 PM
how much for the whole job if you dont mind me asking?

Absinthe
05-24-2004, 08:55 AM
rear sway bar? Where is tht? Under the trunk or in the trunk?? I don't have room in the trunk. And that is gonna cost alot huh!! I wonder if you feel a difference or not. I have espiler springs =). I can take picture of my stock wheels and how much it lowers but on an 18 inch.. thats alot of lowering!

its part of the suspension. the whole set up with allignment is around 340

GokuSSJ4
05-24-2004, 11:48 AM
but if you get also the bushing that go on the trailing arms is near 530.00 , its worth every pennie. Best suspension mod i have done to the car.

Takashi
05-24-2004, 08:33 PM
espelir gt or superdown?

Muramasa
05-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Super down. how come its different from the other guys?

KU7484
07-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Just wanted to thank Sam for the great price and installation on my "o2 housing". Even though it took more than 2 days to install stuff, they did a great job! I was worried i would have to pay more because of the long hours, but here's a quote from Sam.... "i quoted you that price at the beginning, and ill stick to that price."

Thanks to Sam, and a BIG thankyou to all the mechanics that worked on my car and did a great job!

Blaze
07-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Are you talking about the bend just off the turbo?

Did you notice any real gains from this, or is it about the same?

~Jason

Knower
07-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Just wanted to thank Sam for the great price and installation on my "o2 housing". Even though it took more than 2 days to install stuff, they did a great job! I was worried i would have to pay more because of the long hours, but here's a quote from Sam.... "i quoted you that price at the beginning, and ill stick to that price."

Thanks to Sam, and a BIG thankyou to all the mechanics that worked on my car and did a great job!

2 days to install an o2 housing? :shock: What happened?

KU7484
07-12-2004, 04:31 PM
all the bolts that were connecting the dp to the o2 housing to the turbo were all really tough to get out. The extremem heat that they go through actually deformed the bolt. So if you tried unscrewing a bolt too quickly, they the end would snap.

They didn't spend 2 full days on my car, of course they did side jobs on their other customers, but im glad they did it correctly. GREAT PRICES and EXCELLENT Quality work!

Knower
07-12-2004, 04:51 PM
...They didn't spend 2 full days on my car...

:) Yeah, I didn't think that.

I thought maybe they'd dismantled your doors or something to get to the bolts. 8)

Evolution22plus1
03-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to thank Sam and his connections. Last week he went wit me to Tustin Mitsu to help trade for an MR. Ufortunately, it didn't happen. The offer was hard to refuse but because I had no money down my monthly payment wouldn't go down more. If anyone is thinking of getting an Evo or thnking about trading. I reccommend that you contact Sam he has a great hook up with Tustin Mitsu. Once again, Thanks Sam i appreciate your help.

rino
03-22-2005, 03:47 PM
yeah he's a good guy, just bought a momo hub + quick release from his this passed weekend.. props to sam/colin

prosailortim
03-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm glad other members are having better luck with SRT than I did. Do a search for SRT Motorsports or using my post name.

I had to take Sam to court.... he would'nt make things right for me after he screwed up my gauge install.... guess what????

The judge had him pay me top dollar for his lack customer support/damage to my Evo.... I even tried to negoiate wioth Sam at the court house before seeing the judge (for a lower dollar amount)... he basically said Fuck You

I hope Sam has learned his lesson and can provide better customer care, Cause he treated me like a piece of shit.

You get what you pay for in life.... that's why I go to XS Engineering for all my work.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-23-2005, 03:57 AM
im sorry to hear that bro, but every time ive dealt with sam its been nothing but perfect service and good conversation, kool guy, props sam!

itsnino
03-23-2005, 09:28 AM
sorry to hear that as well, but from two of my friends that go/went through him recommended him 200%, i guess everyone have their bad days.

stuart5150
03-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I can use this thread to post about my dealings with Sam. I will first say thank you to Sam for all of his great service. I recently purchased parts from him, I was impressed. I hope to do business with him in the future. I would defintely reccomend him to anyone. Props to Sam.

Michael Jackson's gonna get Stall0wn3d!

Sam Smash
03-23-2005, 01:33 PM
YOU ARE ALL VERY WELCOME :)

I am glad to see so many happy customers :)

p.s. Tim, you still trying to bring us down??
haha 8)

CT9A RS
03-23-2005, 01:57 PM
I dont know nething about sam or SRT motorsports i havent heard nething bad except for tims post. All i know is that cusco cage is sexy as hell in that red evo.

But unfortunately Tustin Mitsu just sux. LOL.

Sam Smash
03-23-2005, 02:17 PM
when did u see the cage??

CT9A RS
03-23-2005, 04:27 PM
i saw the cage when the car was at Tustin Mitsu. Unfortunately i got ripped off by Tustin. A mysterious 2k dollar optional warranty was added to my final bill. Unfortunately i signed it not knowing. I need to seek legal counsel so im gonna talk to my uncle whos a lawyer and maybe my aunt whos a federal judge.

But SRT havent heard bad things. But Tustin Mitsubishi is a shady ass dealership.

Sam Smash
10-29-2005, 05:17 PM
22601 La Palma Ave #100
Yorba Linda Ca 92887

Cross streets are La Palma and Via Lomas de Yorba :)

Stop by and check us out O0

SpdyEvo02
10-29-2005, 05:24 PM
dam thats like 10 mins from my house

rammsteinmatt
10-29-2005, 05:48 PM
you guys moved closer to my house, thats always nice O0

Sam Smash
10-29-2005, 07:16 PM
:) We try to make everything easier :)
Next year we will move next door j/k

That means we better see more of you guys :)
There are so many evos that work in this area and live in neighboring homes. Stop by and say hello some time :)

GokuSSJ4
10-31-2005, 07:58 PM
you guys are further for me !

tontonh09
12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
thanks a lot SAM and ur staff (SRT Motorsport) for staying late doing my clutch for a short notice you did a great job* O0 and also to garry of project gen ^-^

tontonh09
12-29-2005, 08:44 AM
sam how come you did't tell me about the discounted labor lolz......

Sam Smash
12-29-2005, 10:52 AM
You are very welcome :)

Thank You for your business. I hooked you up on the discount, thats where the idea came from O0

Thank you again and hope to see you back, maybe even in the evo 9 this time O0

tontonh09
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
next year sam lolz........

sulpe
12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Ton... you got ur car back! Yeah! Thank you Sam!!!

tontonh09
12-29-2005, 11:34 AM
yeah maybe bring it back for spring installation palning to get the s-tech if sam can give me a good deal lolz...

Sam Smash
12-29-2005, 11:43 AM
:smitten:

donatevo
12-29-2005, 11:38 PM
thanks a lot SAM and ur staff (SRT Motorsport) for staying late doing my clutch for a short notice you did a great job* O0 and also to garry of project gen ^-^
Ton, I'm glad you have your car back on the road!

DublXL
01-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I just wanted to thank Sam and the guys at SRT Motorsports at their new location in Costa Mesa for the work last night. I arrived about 5 minutes before closing and Sam had no problems fitting my car in to do an oil change/tire rotation. Now granted, it wasn't a big job, but he could have easily have said no because it would have meant working after hours besides working on several other cars. But by Sam's customer service, he earned my respect and a value customer. The shop is going to be great once you dial it in and plenty of room. Perfect set up for some meets as well. Thanks again Sam. I'm sure I'll see you soon

tontonh09
01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
+1 he did a lot of things to my car too....

Hiro
01-10-2006, 02:57 PM
good job Sam O0

Way to go, Sam! O0

Sam Smash
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Thank You Again for the busniess :mitsu:* O0

MYFIRSTEVO
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Bump for Sam and SRT MT!!! :mitsu:

evo_MR
01-24-2006, 11:32 PM
They did a fabolous job installing AVCR- boost controller + down pipe +SAFC II + al0t of stuff, i can't mention it all. although, they are the first people in the u.s to install an AVCR- boost controller on an evo9 MR*

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *thank you so much sam (habibi) and rhyan for the amazing job they did\
please go to srt motorsports for any parts purchasing and installation, thanks again Sam

Hiro
01-25-2006, 08:29 AM
First one to install an AVC-R on a IX eh? :?

Congrats.

:bump: for Sam and his continued oustanding service to the community O0

Alpha4LFE
01-25-2006, 08:37 AM
it's good to see people and more than one shop stepping up to the plate to service the community. this is exactly what we need. good job sam. O0

ultraflip
01-25-2006, 08:41 AM
bump for srt... nice to see vendors helpin peepz out

J-TILLA
01-25-2006, 08:44 AM
evo_MR - Hey whats up, I was the one who pull up yesterday with the Red IX. Your car is out of control O0

Hiro
01-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Same is like an ultra-vendor.

He's take your old evo, put you into a new one, then sell you the parts you need to make it fast.
Now if he'd just start importing JDM girls to sit in our passenger seats, he'd be perfect! :grin:

http://www.bandohracing.com/queen/GALL2002/rd3_mt2.jpg

ultraflip
01-25-2006, 08:48 AM
heh... umbrella girls... ftw!

Alfred@TTech
01-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Ahmad,

Glad to see you got all that wiring figured out......Im excited to see what youve done to your car since we tuned it last.........Ill do my best to get you in sooner for that re-tune. Good Job

TTech

Sam Smash
01-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Thank you for your busniess :) :smitten:

I am not sure if I am really the first to install the AVCR but if I am, thats pretty cool :) I know that it was a mission to find that ECU diagram but we did it :)

Go and see Alfred and Chris over at Tuning Tech and get your SAFC tuned for your new modds :) Love the front mount, you should post up some pics.

Thanx Again
Sam :smitten:

Alfred@TTech
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Thank you for your busniess :) :smitten:

I am not sure if I am really the first to install the AVCR but if I am, thats pretty cool :) I know that it was a mission to find that ECU diagram but we did it :)

Go and see Alfred and Chris over at Tuning Tech and get your SAFC tuned for your new modds :) Love the front mount, you should post up some pics.

Thanx Again
Sam :smitten:

Thanx a lot SAM for the support and kind words. We look forward to woking with you more in the future.

Ahmad, get that camera working and lets see that bad boy!!

kimletrim
01-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Thank you for your busniess :)* :smitten:

Thanx Again
Sam* :smitten:

stop putting those icons with hearts, that's just gay. J/K,* Sam's in love
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

DTunedEvoX
01-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Its starting to get brokeback mountain up in here ... :smitten:

ultraflip
01-25-2006, 11:10 AM
this thread went downhill very fast

Hiro
01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
this thread went downhill very fast

True....

Any pix of the installs?? :coolsmiley:

Sam Smash
01-25-2006, 11:13 AM
No pics, we were to gay :smitten: :outofcloset:

SpdyEvo02
01-25-2006, 02:30 PM
ROFL

chuckdashi
01-25-2006, 03:11 PM
:2funny:

Blaze
01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
SRT Motorsports threads are now merged.

Sam Smash
01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
This is neat :) I like this

Thank You Modds :smitten:

Tarmac02
01-28-2006, 09:00 AM
it's so BrokeBack in this thread

J-TILLA
01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know if they are looking for any parts for their Evo's then they should check out srtmotorsport.com or evopros.com. Sam helped me out allot with ideas and information about what things work best on my car. The guys over their really know their stuff! He ordered my exhaust on Friday and it was installed on Saturday. Now thats fast O0

Blaze
01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know if they are looking for any parts for their Evo's then they should check out srtmotorsport.com or evopros.com. Sam helped me out allot with ideas and information about what things work best on my car. The guys over their really know their stuff! He ordered my exhaust on Friday and it was installed on Saturday. Now thats fast O0

How is this post technical?
Please post BUYER related details in the Buyers section.

SRT Motorsports has a thread already established where you can give Sam his due props.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=17828.0

Thanks,

Blaze

evowants
02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I just bought a Evo IX ssl from sam TODAY!!!

i am so excited right now, got the car around 3 but was out driving around until now. I gotta say Sam was great to me, he answered all my bothersome questions without hesitation and offered better ideas or advice.

I originally went to meet sam to talk some prices on used evo but the prices he had for 06 evos was unresistable. Plus he made the transaction simple and easy. Best of all he is no salesman, he doesn't try to pressure into buying the car.

So conclusion = O0 for SRTMoto and Sam.

Now i just gotta wait till 3k mi and start feeling the BOOOOOST :twisted:

i hope to meet some evo people when theres a meet.

Tarmac02
02-05-2006, 09:14 AM
no need to wait til 3k ,... that a little excessive. ...

Tarmac02
02-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Huh,... what happened to my above post???

Don't mods usually PM somebody if they changed their post for a reason???

Sam Smash
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I still see it ???

Coolguy949
02-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Huh,... what happened to my above post???

Don't mods usually PM somebody if they changed their post for a reason???

Our moderation log shows nothing was done in this thread. I went back a few days. What happened?

Moderation actions are e-mailed to you, so if a mod removes or moves your post you'll get an email with the moderator's name.

Tarmac02
02-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Nah the post got modified,... I gave a recommendation for break in procedures to the guy with the 3k mile break in craziness.

chino04
02-17-2006, 07:10 PM
i love srt!!!! there a good shop and very nice ppl... i love the new shop he just got!!!!!! sam is a very nice guy and he takes care of ppl

helli0n
02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
I just got my AVC-R from them...excellent deal and got to me waaaaay faster than I expected. Awesome..!!! Thank you SRT..!

Evo9ers
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM
i just wanna thanks SRT for intalling my exhaust at 8PM last night! good service, good people to deal with O0.totally recomend it :smitten:

MBaran
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
sam sam hes our man, if he cant do it, nobody can.

ive gotta say, sam pulled some magic type of stuff out of his butt at that dealership, but he made it work.

got me into my brand new gg 06 ix for less than I expected anywhere. I love you man. haha. he even got me a full tank of gas for the ride home. I will look for you sam when i need my clutch installed :smitten:

thanks again sam, and some of the staff at SC mitsu. Some of them are crooked. But sam straightened them out.

GR8 Whte
02-25-2006, 06:54 AM
I just want to let everybody know if they dont know already that SRT Motorsports is a very awsome shop O0 Just did my clutch job with them and the car runs perfect. They had very good prices, customer service was amazing, and the install was done in no time at all. Anyone who needs to replace thier clutch should hit them up, their current install price is superb...Just want to thank you Sam and SRT Motorsports for an awsome job.....Ohh yeah and my little dog Oscar says high to ..... :grin:*

Sam Smash
02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Thank you again for your business :)

Tell Oscar Ramona and I both say hi O0

C-Spec
02-25-2006, 04:53 PM
right on Sam. good job

Blaze
02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Sam:

How many six-speeds have you done?
I hear they are a bigger pain in the a$$ then the 5s....

Blaze

Sam Smash
02-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I have done plenty. Do not worry, it wont take me longer to do a 6 speed.

Hope I can help you out :)

Thanx
Sam

SpdyEvo02
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
bump for Sam and SRT Motorsports i just picked up my Yellow fogs and man are they great

Xenope
03-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Got my IX MR from Sam at an amazing price! Sam's the man!

Sam Smash
03-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Got my IX MR from Sam at an amazing price! Sam's the man!

You are welcome :) Thank you for the business

DublXL
03-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Just wanted to thank Sam, Mike & Ryan again for the great service.* O0 Installed some Tanabe GF210 springs and B&M short shifter and help remove the wing. Quick installation. Car looks great especially wingless. See you guys some time this week to install the boost control.

Sam Smash
03-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Thank You Again for the business :)

NMREJ6
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
I know I posted this somewhere , but Sam is the man... brand new WW IX GS-R at a great price O0

Last time I saw you , some guy was mouthing off and yelling at the dealer. I thought you were going to get in a fight... Me and Romeo would of backed you up... O0
And thanks for the oil change and TT timer.
Sam, wondering if you get a hold of window wind deflector/window rain guards.? PM me for price and when I can get you the cash . tnks in advance

Sam Smash
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
I know I posted this somewhere , but Sam is the man... brand new WW IX GS-R at a great price O0

Last time I saw you , some guy was mouthing off and yelling at the dealer. I thought you were going to get in a fight... Me and Romeo would of backed you up... O0
And thanks for the oil change and TT timer.
Sam, wondering if you get a hold of window wind deflector/window rain guards.? PM me for price and when I can get you the cash . tnks in advance

Thanx for watching my back :) I was so lost when I saw that guy yelling, good thing he wasnt mad at me :) I found out what the problem was and took care of it. He was super happy and left with a smile. Hope to see you guys again modding something new for the evo :)

Sam

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah same here goota give you some credit Sam you're helping turning that place around. Keep up the good work man.

BoosTHi
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
by any chance is nino's exhaust off his car yet .....lol.... im looking to pick it up

Sam Smash
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
by any chance is nino's exhaust off his car yet .....lol.... im looking to pick it up

I think that they took off an exhaust but it was from the wrong car. I will find out :)

gen4k20a2
03-28-2006, 06:26 PM
hahahaha thats hilarious!

Sam Smash
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
They had 2 white cars there with greddy catbacks that they took in on trade :buck2:

I am sure that its not going to be a problem to get the pipe :)

speedracer2169
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey Sam If I want to share my car with someone else on the track do they have to pay the same fee as well or how does that work?

Sam Smash
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM
We charge for drivers, not car :) So 5 guys can all drive 1 car, but they all have to pay.

Thanx
Sam

DsmDriver
03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
You goin to be giving pointers??

SpdyEvo02
03-28-2006, 08:21 PM
sam ygpm

Alex7
04-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Took my car into SRT today and asked Sam to personally reset my ride height and dampening levels after attempting to change them myself. Left with an evo that turns properly again and that feels better than ever. Sam, Thanks for coming in and helping me out today. I'll let you know how the event goes.

Sam Smash
04-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Took my car into SRT today and asked Sam to personally reset my ride height and dampening levels after attempting to change them myself. Left with an evo that turns properly again and that feels better than ever. Sam, Thanks for coming in and helping me out today. I'll let you know how the event goes.

Thank You for the business :)

Glad to hear that the car is handling much better after my adjustments :)

j_nizzle
04-02-2006, 06:36 PM
sam, do you have an alignment machine at your costa mesa location, and how much is it for an alignment?

zum96spd
04-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Yea, I agree, Sam is awesome! I called him for a harness bar and 2 harnesses last week on Wednesday and he had them in by Friday at a much better price than anyone around. Keep up the great service Sam!

EvuseIX
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey Sam thanks for the hook up on my intake, the car runs great and actually smoother O0!! Ryan thanks for the install man,clean job :mitsu:

Sam Smash
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey Sam thanks for the hook up on my intake, the car runs great and actually smoother O0!! Ryan thanks for the install man,clean job :mitsu:

Thank You !!!!! :)

k2da_izo
04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
I give Sam and Ryan complete trust on my Evo. Great, efficient service; good prices; always gave me the impression that I was a priority. I wouldn't go anywhere else unless the parts and service was FREE. I HIGHLY recommend SRT Motorsports for anything EVO. O0

KRNEVO8
04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
i bought an drop in hks air filter from srt about last week
and the service was good. The people over there were very nice and cooperative.
thanks sam

sam do u have brighter bulbs for my stock halogens in my evo 9?
my lights are like yellow haha its nasty

Sam Smash
04-14-2006, 11:54 PM
i bought an drop in hks air filter from srt about last week
and the service was good. The people over there were very nice and cooperative.
thanks sam

sam do u have brighter bulbs for my stock halogens in my evo 9?

my lights are like yellow haha its nasty

Thank You for the business :)

I don't know the bulb number that you need, see if you can find that out for me. If not, stop by and one of the guys can pull it out and tell me.

Thanx Again
Sam

DC_TypeR
04-30-2006, 12:56 AM
I would just like to publicly thank Sam and his staff over at SRT motor sports for awesome customer service, as well as speedy accurate installs that they did on my 03 EVO

Prices were below anything I’ve seen for the products I got, and Sam got my car, in and out in less then 24hrs

Did a Clutch/ Flywheel
4 rotors
4 brake pads
4 SS lines

And I am very pleased with the work.

Again, Thanks SRT motor sports, and thank you Sam!

:coolsmiley:
-Chris

*chris*
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
yes ...def thanks to sam & mike. they switched john & i's exhaust out. and def thanks for the parts too.

big ups to srt. O0

j_nizzle
04-30-2006, 06:28 PM
woohoo!!!!!!!!!!1

leaveit2bevo
04-30-2006, 06:39 PM
get R done

highenuff14
04-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks Sam and the installer (sorry didn't get your name) for the quick DP install O0
It was nice meeting both Chris and John, fellow EVO owners, at SRT today.

j_nizzle
04-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks Sam and the installer (sorry didn't get your name) for the quick DP install O0
It was nice meeting both Chris and John, fellow EVO owners, at SRT today.

finally a screenname and face together!

*chris*
04-30-2006, 10:36 PM
the other guy was mike. and yah, always nice meeting a fellow board member. O0

ngtcrawler97
05-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks to Sam for the killer deal on the intake O0 & for the lending a hand (including tools) to install the intake. Great costumer service, above & beyond like every shop should. Thanks again Sam

Blaze
05-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Sounds like someone either got the massage or rental car.... Hmm...I wonder which?

Sam Smash
05-09-2006, 08:44 PM
massage.............hahahahhaa

You are welcome, thank you for the business :)

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
i had been speaking to sam about getting a clutch installed for the past few weeks, tossing around the idea of which one to get. aside from sam and i being friends, he put up with all my annoying questions and answered all of them fully and in depth. he took as much time that i needed to explain every last detail. this shows, not only great character, but great customer service!!

im kind of trying to get everything ready for SRT track even this weekend so time was of the essence. i needed to get the clutch installed and have him check over a few things. when i got there around lunch time they were working on a few cars on the lift. i was greeted by sam and the environment was awesome. evos being taken care of and welcoming smiles. after hanging out for a while, sam arranges for a rental car for me...which i think is absolutely awesome!! ive never heard of a vendor/shop getting a rental car for his customers while they get work done on their car. that, alone, says a lot about the guy.

so he gets me a rental, but i spent the whole day just hangin out at SRT that i never even used it. it stayed parked at the enterprise lot and i never moved it. so anyhow, we had lunch and they began working on my car at around 2pm. they finished my clutch that same night and it worked flawlessly!! ryan, the tech, is really cool and works hard and does great work. i saw him single handedly install my clutch and it all looked to easy to him, it was great!

in conclusion, id like to express my eternal thanks to Sam and everyone there @ SRT Motorsports!!! great job. i expected nothing less than perfect, and i got just that!

T

silvery_eagle
05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
bah... i thought they arranged massage services....mmmm guess the install needs to be bigger like an upgrade turbo, cams, stoker kits etc together to get that...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
there was no one there to perform the massage man!!! or else i would have taken that instead hahah unless you want a hairy persian rubbing oil all over you. hmmm now that i think of it, doesnt sound too bad!! :2funny:

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
IM LOWERED!!!

Sam Smash
05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
IM LOWERED!!!

+1

MYFIRSTEVO
05-10-2006, 02:10 PM
sam shouldv'e given you the msg! haahhaahhahah

Mister
05-10-2006, 02:14 PM
What clutch did you end up installing?

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
im trying the ACT heavy duty extreme clutch. my torque numbers arent quite ready for a twin plate, but they will be when i stroke my motor to a 2.3L , plus i dont think id like the inconsistency of the twin plate either. i dont launch, i dont drag and i dont abuse my clutch. only road race.

T

*chris*
05-10-2006, 03:09 PM
....are hella good. haha ...had to throw the hella in there.

anyways, sam is def. a standup guy. great deals and great service. ive been down there a couple of times now and i can honestly say i cant not recommend his business. big ups ...ill be back down there soon. O0

oh and if you do drop by srt ....dont forget to ask about samson & delila. :2funny:

Sam Smash
05-10-2006, 03:30 PM
hahahaha

Nice that you remember :)

Thank You for your business,
Sam

*chris*
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
hey np man O0

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
IM LOWERED!

volcomguy84
05-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi.....sam is awesome......he gives good deals on 9 outlet pipes :D

*chris*
05-11-2006, 10:28 PM
and everything else O0

volcomguy84
05-11-2006, 10:28 PM
i have a new turbo

*chris*
05-11-2006, 10:37 PM
nice ...im hopefully getting a new one by late summer :fingerscrossed:

volcomguy84
05-11-2006, 10:51 PM
what kind :? i just got a IX tme with 20g upgrade (stage 2)

*chris*
05-11-2006, 10:52 PM
ams gt3076

volcomguy84
05-11-2006, 10:53 PM
yay just like everyone else ;) awesome turbo though =D how long till its coming in O0

*chris*
05-11-2006, 10:59 PM
it was actually a tough decision. i was debating 50trim, 3076, or 35r. my friend wants me to trade the 400rpms for the 100hp. but since i still want to leave it open to race, i dont want too much lag.

sometime in summer ...hopefully.

volcomguy84
05-11-2006, 11:09 PM
3076 is a good turbo man, bet you cant wait to get it :D

*chris*
05-11-2006, 11:12 PM
thats why im planning on the 30r ...not as much lag, still good amount of power.

volcomguy84
05-11-2006, 11:13 PM
exaaaaactly O0

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-12-2006, 12:02 AM
indeed

T

volcomguy84
05-12-2006, 12:39 AM
420 POSTS MUTHA FUCKA!!!!!!!

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-12-2006, 12:43 AM
why does it still say 419??

T

ozzman628
05-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Recently I purchased a 1992 3000GT VR4 from Sam at SRT.* It was a great experience, I wasn't able to pick up the car from him the day I wanted to and had to wait a few days.* During this time he removed all the catalytic converters for free.* When I picked up the car it sounded awesome.* The only thing that worried me was that when I asked about the previous owner, Sam said "you won't have to worry about them, ha ha, they won't be bothering anyone anymore"* he then laughed in a strange tone and said to also not worry about the blood stains in the trunk.J/K* Sam's a really cool guy and is easy to talk to.* In the end I got a great deal on a great car.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-14-2006, 03:12 AM
sam's a stand up guy...awesome to deal with as far as business goes and a friend. props to sam and the SRT staff

IM LOWERED!

T

Sam Smash
05-14-2006, 09:09 AM
hi

j_nizzle
05-14-2006, 09:10 AM
im lowered!

GngrbrdMR276
05-16-2006, 02:47 AM
VR4 eh? Sounds like fun. Good to hear.

*chris*
05-23-2006, 10:57 PM
i can honestly say i have nothing bad to say about sam, ryan, or mike. i had a very impromptu install at the badge meet after my good luck. ryan did a great job putting my neo & avc-r in.

then today i had my brakes done. once again, ryan did an awesome job.

seriously, if youre looking for great prices and great service ...give srt a shot. O0

WavMixer
05-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Good to hear! O0

gen4k20a2
05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
how much did the brake job cost ya?

*chris*
05-24-2006, 09:11 AM
actually ...i dont know for sure. i paid for the rotors, lines, and install. then later decided to do pads at the same time. but sam has great prices thats for sure.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
hi

and by that of course i mean props to sam

T

Sam Smash
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
hi back to all yal

evohoe
05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, Big props to Sam...he did my rear rotors and pads about a week ago. Good price.

moe

*chris*
05-24-2006, 01:48 PM
def good service and pricing O0

Granny Shifter
06-01-2006, 11:34 PM
:smitten: Got my cams installed today at SRT and boy are they great. I wanna spread my words of thanks to Sam and everyone at SRT. My bad I couldn't say bye Sam, had to get back home. I'll drop by tomorrow for the stuff we gotta do O0

darkevo
06-01-2006, 11:51 PM
nice,* he offered me good service too when I got my DP installed.

thanks again Sam!* * O0

TrickedOutEVOVIII
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
hi

T

Granny Shifter
06-01-2006, 11:59 PM
You can really feel the pull from the cams. Almost made me pee my pants.

Sam Smash
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
im lowered

SpdyEvo02
06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
H
I

-D

ngtcrawler97
06-02-2006, 12:11 AM
So you really can feel it even w/o being tuned. I wanted to see you take off but I think you were right behind me when I left SRT . Glad you like it O0

Granny Shifter
06-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah, the mid range is just absolutely crazy. I didn't like the "flat" feeling with the stock cams, but with the HKS; once you go over 3k, they get really aggressive and powerful. By the way, they sound really bad ass too. I'm impressed with what SRT does. That place is so chill, everyone's cool. The mechanics are very informative. Sam is a great guy to hang out with. I advise you guys to go there for great treatment, cause I have certainly had a dose of it. Now, off to track days... I'm gonna die at Horse Thief Mile :(

Sam Smash
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Hopefully you survive a roll over. Evo is pretty safe :)

DC_TypeR
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM
hi!

Sam Smash
06-02-2006, 01:00 PM
i'm lowered

IgottaEvo
06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Slightyly off topic here but why did you go with HKS vs Buddyclub?

ultraflip
06-02-2006, 01:59 PM
i'm lowered

blkside
06-02-2006, 02:13 PM
what were they 272 280?

Sam Smash
06-02-2006, 10:06 PM
272in
272ex

Sam Smash
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
dude, we need to smog that car :)

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
how much for installation...i might pick up cams my next paycheck

Sam Smash
06-08-2006, 05:13 PM
pm'd

One Evo Pinay
07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks for doing my brakes yesterday!!!

Sam Smash
07-07-2006, 01:15 PM
No Problem :)

Thank you for the business

EvilEvo999
07-12-2006, 11:27 PM
I just got my Greddy TI exhaust, tanabe downpipe and a MBC from SRT. They gave me a really good deal. I hab a really good time drove it home man. Sounds so good. Koo.... THank You very much !!! O0

DTunedEvoX
07-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I guess its my turn eh? Let me start by saying I have only delt with Sam/SRT Motorsports once before ordering a part or two and the product arrived timely - this was a year ago.

Anyhow - my car has been sitting with a burnt clutch for nearly 2 months since a Horse Thief Mile track event in May and then a 10 run LACR drag-a-thon in June so I havent been able to drive my car my car ... Anyhow - Sam came with me with a proposition no other vendor would of been able to replicate because of my certain situation ... And not only was I able to walk out of there with a new clutch installed - I came out with more fire power too!

And the service? WoW! I've visited a few other shops but dang! I delivered my car late like 8pm Monday .. Car was done with all the stuff that needed to be done early afternoon today and they even stayed open late for me to pick up my car! Not to be brokeback but Sam literally bent over backwords to accomodate me and he has a customer 4 lyfe! No bullshit - just the facts, the service and his commitment to the evo community! I will DEFINITLEY do business with Sam again in the VERY near future.

The Evo community (and myself) has a wonderful vendor here in SoCal - I'm only jealous that I cant be any closer :) :mitsu:
Sam & SRT Motorsports ftW ...
;)

DTunedEvoX
07-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I just got my Greddy TI exhaust, tanabe downpipe and a MBC from SRT. They gave me a really good deal. I hab a really good time drove it home man. Sounds so good. Koo.... THank You very much !!! O0

I was the guy who picked up the black evo 8 :) Glad to see you guys got that all done!

*chris*
07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
indeed ...very well put.

EvilEvo999
07-13-2006, 12:19 AM
oh dats you icic. Wut did your car do at SRT ?

wj4
07-13-2006, 01:32 AM
hooooray :D
i purchased cams from sam and he personally called me to inform about the situation before picking them up

oneslwevo
07-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Yup Srt Is The Best they Have Great Service And Do their best every time iv'e taken my car to his Shop im Proud to Sport His Logo on my Back Window ...

v8hater
07-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Nice to here your car is up and running. Time to go to the track

DublXL
07-13-2006, 09:22 AM
I was there Monday when you dropped off your car (cars)....my apologies for not being more friendly....didn't know you were a SoCalEvo.net OG....just thought you were someone selling a car to Sam....Next time I'll try to at least extend a handshake next time. Sam/Mike/everyone at SRT are making SRT very reputable with their customer service and service. There's no place else I take my car to. TTT for SRT