PDA

View Full Version : South Coast Mitsu -Thread Merge-

Pages : [1] 2

el rey evo
10-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I traded my 03 today for an MR... they had 14 in stock, all the colors...

They were very cool...good price on my trade (which I had bought there), great deal on the MR...they have $9K mark-up stickers on the car but are dealing...

There was another guy there trading his 04 for one as well...I told him about the site...

The bilsteins and the 6-speed alone are worth it :wink:

gofaster87
10-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Hmm the bilsteins and 6 speed are worth 15k. Im assuming thats at least how much you had to pay on top of your trade in.

el rey evo
10-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Hmm the bilsteins and 6 speed are worth 15k. Im assuming thats at least how much you had to pay on top of your trade in.
Completely inaccurate assumption. Anyone want to make a positive contribution to the thread?

EVO Neil
10-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Congrats on your new MR. Boo for the dealer markup though!Sorry, but with a $9000 mark-up sticker on the car don't expect many positive comments. Some dealers just suck!

MrSparkle
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
So what did they give you for your 03?

leaveit2bevo
10-30-2004, 10:29 AM
So what did they give you for your 03?

same question

alex_alex
10-30-2004, 10:42 AM
yes, lets hear it, if gofaster87 is assuming incorrectly.

daimos
11-28-2004, 10:31 PM
They are offering to sell any new evo for invoice, the offer is good til Dec 31st. Tell them Cesar reffered you if it makes a difference. And also talk with Mark Mercado. Just tryin to save some people money. :) Hope this helps.

cesar

hksevo8
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
I can totally vouch for these guys. I bought mine way back in February of this year and they were very easy going. If you need help, ask for Abass as well.

jeansandjacks
11-28-2004, 11:45 PM
they are good guys, they gave me mine for 200 over invoice back in september

Thedread
11-30-2004, 11:52 AM

Yeah, and they tried to jack me for $5000 over invoice for the MR in October.

wickedEVO
11-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah, they're pretty good people, easy to deal with. We just traded-in my wife's 04 RX8 for an 05 EVO, they gave us a good deal. We now have 2 EVOs. Thay have like 9 brand new MRs sitting on their back lot.

MrSparkle
11-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Sales dept: These guys are jacks!! When I was looking for an Evo, they wanted $8K above sticker!!! I asked why and the answer was "it's worth it."

Service: I went to them about the infamous clunking front end. Their ansewr was "yeah, I hear the noise, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about it with the way Mitsubishi's warranty works. Come back in a few months and we'll see if we can do anything about it then.".

Parts: What's an MR? Enough said...

I live like 2 blocks from these guys and won't go to them...pretty sad.

rino
11-30-2004, 05:37 PM
south coast mitsu sucks man in all honesty. I was promised by the 'general manager' that I was going to be given an evo gsr at invoice. When I got there they marked it up all the way to $32,000 and told me I can't get it anywhere else for that price or lower. I got my 04 evo gsr in july for under 30k brand new the color of my choice. I made the drive from Hollywood because of what he told me. I bought my gsr the following day after he called me again to make yet, another bs promise.

el rey evo
11-30-2004, 05:40 PM
I can totally vouch for these guys. I bought mine way back in February of this year and they were very easy going. If you need help, ask for Abass as well.
I can vouch as well...I have purchased both my Evos there, and friends have also bought three cars from them...

...and it's Abbas :D

speedform
11-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Where is Southcoast Mitsu. located?

el rey evo
11-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Where is Southcoast Mitsu. located?

2860 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa...between Adams and Baker on Harbor...

714-545-1700

mapquest link below :arrow:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=g4zXQlI8TTY%3d&longitude=wqGyPK5LY2KvDWU5yk2%2bGA%3d%3d&name=South%20Coast%20Mitsubishi&countryid=250&country=US&address=2860%20Harbor%20Blvd&city=Costa%20Mesa&state=CA&zipcode=92626&phone=714%2d545%2d1700&cat=south%20coast%20mitsubishi&spurl=0&searchtype=search

rino
11-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Abbas... man that guy ... #1 reason why I didn't buy..

sidewaysevo
11-30-2004, 09:02 PM
hb can't go wrong.

Knower
12-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Sales dept: These guys are jacks!! When I was looking for an Evo, they wanted $8K above sticker!!! I asked why and the answer was "it's worth it."

Service: I went to them about the infamous clunking front end. Their ansewr was "yeah, I hear the noise, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about it with the way Mitsubishi's warranty works. Come back in a few months and we'll see if we can do anything about it then.".

Parts: What's an MR? Enough said...

I live like 2 blocks from these guys and won't go to them...pretty sad.

Listen to this man. I went there for an inspection on my DSM before I bought it and they quoted me about 3 times what RRE quoted me and for problems that my car did not even have (proven after taking my car to RRE, having them fix the issues, and then driving it just fine afterwards). They told me I had a blown headgasket for no apparent reason other than to gouge me.

I also went there with my girlfriend because she was interested in buying an Evo at the time. The "Evo" guy that happened to be there that day seriously started talking to ME about the car even though she had made it clear that SHE was there to buy the car. He told her and I that the "car wouldn't stop without the special brembo brakes" and horseshit like that. Then he started talking exclusively to me about how "girls don't drive sports cars" well within her hearing range so she walked out and so did I. Those fucks can eat shit.

Wicked05
12-01-2004, 02:52 PM
i concur...went there for my EVO and they kept giving me run-around...said the best they could do was 300 over Invoice.....

went to Tustin..got it for 200 below invoice...

they is hella shady at SC....HB is another good place....was honest, gave me pricing right out...no BS....

..too bad Tustin beat his price..or else i would have bought at HB.....

rino
12-01-2004, 02:53 PM
die south coast mitsu :evil:

Wicked05
12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
HAHHA LOL.....

Ev0WN3D
12-02-2004, 02:40 AM
this dealership sucks, go to HUNTINGTON BEACH MITSUBISHI. Went to a bunch of dealerships before I bought my car (not from a dealership though), and by far HB was the nicest and friendliest service and hook ups of SoCal. I didnt even buy a damn thing and they treat you with courtesy, something you would expect at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach after you buy a brand new benz, but HB Mitsu was a great experience.

Ralliartpnoi
12-03-2004, 02:07 AM
i go there for service now since torrance mitsu is gone, i shoulda bought my evo there! i saw the same RS like mines WAYY cheaper than what I got mines at torrance for...only difference was mines came with black tint.

orvenzki
12-03-2004, 12:54 PM
okey guys specially to all haters of south coast mitsubishi!!
you guys have to pick your right salesman in order for you to get a sweet deal on evo,cesar is right they are giving away a smoking deal to a rs evo or regular evo even a MR so if im on your shoes guy go try south coast mitsubishi and look for MARK MERCADO and he will take care of you his number is 714-545-1700 south coast mitsubishi

orvenzki
12-03-2004, 01:35 PM

who was your salesman when you got your evo?

southcoastmitsubishi
12-03-2004, 01:43 PM
hello there evo fans!!!if someone out their trying to look for the best deal on evo just come down to south coast mitsubishi and ask for me my name is mark mercado ill take care of you ill make sure that ill give you the best deal that i can, if you have any question call me at work 714-545-1700

sidewaysevo
12-03-2004, 02:02 PM
i talked to mark before. he seemed nice. tried to get me to trade in my white evo for a red mr. i would have if i had the cash.

Howie
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
i hate southcoast. i have had a horrible experience there..

rino
12-03-2004, 03:46 PM
mark mercado was a jerk off also. they were just being too greedy over $25. I already shook his hand and agreed over the price and that's when abbas came over and took the keys to the evo rudely and drove it to the back lot as i was signing the papers. i left and got my evo for under 30k at miller mitsu the following day.

rino
12-03-2004, 03:47 PM
if so many people are having bad experiences about that dealer then it says something. i don't hear anyone complaining or bitching about HB mitsu. so anyone backing up south coast mitsu - it doesn't really matter, a negative impression leaves a harder mark than a positive one.

sidewaysevo
12-03-2004, 04:54 PM
HAHA dang, well i said he looked nice. haha yea that place is crap manager and him jumped me, and tried to make me buy one.

el rey evo
12-03-2004, 06:44 PM
if so many people are having bad experiences about that dealer then it says something. i don't hear anyone complaining or bitching about HB mitsu. so anyone backing up south coast mitsu - it doesn't really matter, a negative impression leaves a harder mark than a positive one.
That's why the few people who didn't like the place are posting, and those that do don't bother...

Let people make their own decisions...just because your personality didn't mesh with a salesman or manager there doesn't mean someone can't go in and buy their pick of 12 brand new MRs for invoice....

Who gives a fock?...you're looking to buy a car, not make lifelong friends...

rino
12-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Who gives a fock?...you're looking to buy a car, not make lifelong friends...

Exactly we're not talking about personality matching here and making friends. We're not talking about a dating game. If you're selling something you better be nice. It's that simple.

j_nizzle
12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
i agree with all the south coast mitsu haters... i was price shopping before i got my car and went to HB and got 28600 OTD. went to south coast the next day and got 34200 before taxes. some jackass salesman there went off about how HB was bsing me and i would never be able to get an evo for that price. also gave me "background" on the evo...the awd drivetrain in one of a kind. the turbo will make awesome power. the brakes are made specifically for this car. well after hearing this fool ramble, i finalized my purchase of an evo from HB the day after. 28600 OTD!!!

el rey evo
12-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Exactly we're not talking about personality matching here and making friends. We're not talking about a dating game. If you're selling something you better be nice. It's that simple.
I'm not trying to be argumentative but this is where I strongly disagree...wherever I get my best price is where I buy...I really don't care if they are "nice" or not...

I've never had a bad experience at HB, so I can't/won't say anything bad, but with a few exceptions, such as above, all anyone says about HB is "they are great, nice, etc" No one talks deals, or facts, or even examples of why they are so great...

and I have heard some people saying, "Wow, I paid $XX,XXX OTD at HB" (and other places) and I cringe at the number....

HB is still sitting on 03s so they can't be making that great a deal over there...

Some people have had crappy experiences at South Coast...I'm not going to defend them, it's a car dealership, and by it's very nature at times it's gonna suck...

All I'm saying is go where they have the car you want at the price you want....nothing else matters.....

Macky
12-03-2004, 10:00 PM
HB is still sitting on 03s so they can't be making that great a deal over there...

just fyi though, those 03s were originally from Texas, they didnt sell there, Tom bought them and brought them here, coz he sells Evos like hotcakes :wink:

its actually a big deal, the demand on them for new evos is that much that while waiting for 05s they had to look elsewhere to find more evos to sell, because they literally sell them fast.

just so its clear 8)

WavMixer
12-03-2004, 10:30 PM

just fyi though, those 03s were originally from Texas, they didnt sell there, Tom bought them and brought them here, coz he sells Evos like hotcakes :wink:

its actually a big deal, the demand on them for new evos is that much that while waiting for 05s they had to look elsewhere to find more evos to sell, because they literally sell them fast.

just so its clear 8)
I'm headed out there tomorrow to pick mine out. I really want the MR, but only have a VIII budget.

el rey evo
12-03-2004, 10:30 PM
i concur...went there for my EVO and they kept giving me run-around...said the best they could do was 300 over Invoice.....

went to Tustin..got it for 200 below invoice...

they is hella shady at SC....HB is another good place....was honest, gave me pricing right out...no BS....

..too bad Tustin beat his price..or else i would have bought at HB.....
Like I said, Macky...I 'm not bashing anyone....but it it's all about the deal :wink:

Macky
12-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Like I said, Macky...I 'm not bashing anyone....but it it's all about the deal :wink:

you are right on that one 8)

Macky
12-03-2004, 10:33 PM

just so its clear 8)
I'm headed out there tomorrow to pick mine out. I really want the MR, but only have a 8 budget.

what time are you gonna be there? i will be there after 3 in the afternoon to chit chat with the people there, but i may stop by for a short while in the morning. if you see a white evo with jdm sidemarkers there, im around.

559EVO
12-03-2004, 10:35 PM
I got mine from south coast,they were very good and price was good too.

el rey evo
12-03-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm headed out there tomorrow to pick mine out. I really want the MR, but only have a VIII budget.
Get the MR :P

WavMixer
12-03-2004, 10:45 PM
I have a 9:30 meeting in Long Beach that I don't expect to last longer than 1 hour. HB is my next stop and should put me there in the 11-12 area. If my meeting goes well, I might be able to get the MR, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. In order for my wife to let me get this, I had to buy her a car too. I had her primed and ready for a loaded Civic or Corolla. When she found out how much th Evo is, She decided that she had to have a turbo too. We just got her a PT cruiser turbo fully loaded. If she would have setteled for the honda or toyota, I would have enough for the MR. ARGH!!! Oh well <sigh>

WavMixer
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Get the MR :PDamn you! I keep hearing this voice telling me "Get the MR Get the MR Get the MR Get the MR"

Macky
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
good luck and just keep us posted

touchmyjagee
12-04-2004, 06:26 PM
i got my evo from south coast as well. they were very polite and friendly. the only complaint i have was that they did not give me a full tank of gas when my car was ready to be taken home, hahaha.

WavMixer
12-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Well, my 3G died on me today on the way to my appointment in Long Beach. I did not make that meeting, however I did take a quick test drive in a GTO before driving down Huntington Beach. Found the car I wanted, licked the door handle to claim it, wrote a check for $500 to hold it for me until next week when I pay it off in full. Got a Black VIII for $29,800. I'm happy, but I'll be even happier next week.

It's almost as if my 3G Eclipse new that I was cheating on her so she refused to drive me to her replacement, the dreaded other car.

Either that or ol' faithfull chugged on through until it new that it was safe to die.. To start with I noticed the car pulling to the right so I stopped at a gas station and brought the pressure back up to 36 from the 20 psi it was at. Drove a few more miles a poof, it was pulling again and the tire was almost flat. So I put the spare on and continued on my way. Then flap flap flap... the spare went flat... OH NO!!. When I pulled to the center emergency lane the sportronic tranny acted like it has a 6,000 stall speed torque converter. Long story short, 50 mile tow later and one missed important buisness meeting. I really think my old 3G just couldn't handle the jealousy of seeing a faster younger more sexy car take her place. Yup, Mitsubishi suicide on the 405. Film at 11.

Macky
12-05-2004, 01:23 AM
thats just too weird and funny 8) glad you were ok

southcoastmitsubishi
12-07-2004, 11:18 PM
yes rino the manager is insulting you coz you insulted them for the price that you are offering them on the evo!!!duhh you wanna buy the evo but you cant afford to extend your budget for $25 more hahahahaha what a shame on you!!!!

rino
12-07-2004, 11:22 PM
yes rino the manager is insulting you coz you insulted them for the price that you are offering them on the evo!!!duhh you wanna buy the evo but you cant afford to extend your budget for $25 more hahahahaha what a shame on you!!!!

what a nice example to set for the evo community of how nice people are at south coast!!! way to get them customers :wink:

alex_alex
12-07-2004, 11:25 PM

what a nice example to set for the evo community of how nice people are at south coast!!! way to get them customers :wink:

yeah dont you know, southcoastmitsubishi is the new Huntington BEach Mitsu :lol: :lol:

trannb
12-07-2004, 11:30 PM

Way to represent your dealership. For the record, I went to South Coast Mitsubishi on two separate occasions to try to buy an Evo. The first time, the salesman told me that Brembo and Recaro were both very good Japanese companies. The second time, the salesman told me that I could walk out of there with an Evo (that had 150 miles on it) for $650/mo. for 36 months + my $11,000 down payment. First thing I responded with was I wanted a 5 year. So the salesdude goes "okay how about $630/mo." So basically nearly $50,000 for an Evo IN APRIL OF 2004.

It's your job to try to suck as much money from customers...fine. Your dealership is still full of retards...both in sales and in parts. $3 washers for the oil drain plugs is ridiculous.

WavMixer
12-08-2004, 08:57 AM
The more I read about South Coast, the happier I am that my business is going to Huntington Beach.

Macky
12-08-2004, 09:13 AM
The first time, the salesman told me that Brembo and Recaro were both very good Japanese companies.

i cant help but laugh at the retard salesman who said this :lol:

rammsteinmatt
12-08-2004, 07:50 PM
The first time, the salesman told me that Brembo and Recaro were both very good Japanese companies.

i cant help but laugh at the retard salesman who said this :lol:

ya, its short for recaroichi

kimletrim
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Boy..and I thought Santa Monica was bad...and they ended up being bought.

el rey evo
12-09-2004, 06:27 PM
I was at South Coast today....9 MRs in stock....everything but Rally Red :D

tlcrox
12-10-2004, 12:09 PM
HB has 12 MRs in stock including Rally Red plus one to test drive. No mark up over MSRP to socalevo members, but MRs are out of production now, only around 1000 made...all are in the country now.

DoCoMo
12-18-2004, 02:05 AM
got my evo at south coast only thing that
bugged me was also the lack of a full tank
of gas. I went in @ 9.30am left at 4.00pm with
my evo, they had a rally red on the showroom
they wanted to sell but i cant stand red so i made the
sales guy drive to long beach where my car was pulled
outta storage. Only thing i forgot to remove
were my plates. well the rear i kept the front off.

bonestockevo8
12-20-2004, 02:44 AM
One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Actually purchased from them because the car they had was one that I really wanted. Even then, now looking back, I don't know if it was worth it. They had me talking to a salesman, his manager, the manager's manager, crap; even the owner at one point. It was like a flock of shady vultures trying to circle in on some meat. They gave me the car w/ half a tank of gas and refused to fill up the tank, tried to rush me through the door w/out giving me my owners package, tried to sell me the car w/out the floormats ( I had to ask like six times for my darn floormats ). The salesman said that at one point they used to sell evo8s for 10k over MSRP. Youre cool buddy, way to rip people off. Then the owner is diving my car off the showroom floor, he tells ME to hold the door open, then hes yelling and insulting his salesman (whom he is using as spotters) the whole time. They told me the car was brand new w/ super low mileage, so I couldnt test drive because they want to keep mileage low. When i finally turn on the car and look at the mileage, theres 105 miles on it already! Seriously, terrible customer service, I've never had an experience remotely as bad as this. Definitely should have gone to HB, and I will never go back to south coast and definitely recommend against it to anyone else.

rino
12-20-2004, 09:25 PM
One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Actually purchased from them because the car they had was one that I really wanted. Even then, now looking back, I don't know if it was worth it. They had me talking to a salesman, his manager, the manager's manager, crap; even the owner at one point. It was like a flock of shady vultures trying to circle in on some meat. They gave me the car w/ half a tank of gas and refused to fill up the tank, tried to rush me through the door w/out giving me my owners package, tried to sell me the car w/out the floormats ( I had to ask like six times for my darn floormats ). The salesman said that at one point they used to sell evo8s for 10k over MSRP. Youre cool buddy, way to rip people off. Then the owner is diving my car off the showroom floor, he tells ME to hold the door open, then hes yelling and insulting his salesman (whom he is using as spotters) the whole time. They told me the car was brand new w/ super low mileage, so I couldnt test drive because they want to keep mileage low. When i finally turn on the car and look at the mileage, theres 105 miles on it already! Seriously, terrible customer service, I've never had an experience remotely as bad as this. Definitely should have gone to HB, and I will never go back to south coast and definitely recommend against it to anyone else.

That's just horrible... I can just imagine what you had to go through. I felt like that when I left the dealership even though I didn't end up buying an evo from them.

Macky
12-20-2004, 10:45 PM
damn thats one sour experience :shock:

h22gordo
12-21-2004, 01:38 PM
The more I read about South Coast, the happier I am that my business is going to Huntington Beach.

^ I agree!
I went to several dealerships... Glendale, South Coast, and the one in Van Nuys. What a bunch of "bottomfeeders"! Whether it was salesmen who had no idea of what they were taling about, being wayyyyy too pushy, and not budging on the markup.

**When I arrived at HB Mitsubishi, it seemed like they did everything by the book! The salesman, Rich, was a super nice guy, and he knew what he was talking about! The finance guys were also great guys. And Tom, the owner, was the easiest guy to work with, and answered every email and pm of mine! Thats customer service! I have yet to take the car in for service, but from what I hear, even the service dept. at HB is the best.
Just wanted to add on my great experience on purchasing my '05 MR! :D

zeroman21
12-23-2004, 01:44 AM
Basically ALL carsalesmen are complete fucking pieces of shit. If you think they are cool, they are LYING and trying to be cool to you. They ARE not. They suck fucking brown assholes and should be set on fire. Check this out...I bought my Eclipse at South Coast back in 97. The sales guy was giving me some bullshit about handing out bibles to poor kids in Mexico. What a load of shit. They will LIE and say anything just to get that sale. Remember...2 parts lighter fluid and 1 part flame...set on BURN for 2 hours.

Ralliartpnoi
12-23-2004, 02:21 AM
haha dude i remember i rolled up in my evo to south coast mitsu, and the dealer tried to sell me the hyperground kit they offer. they said it gives like 7hp and 12tq haha, dude thats a lie

tlcrox
12-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Zeroman...........I know that story about the guy handing out bibles in Mexico sounds like a bunch of BS, but it's true!!!!!!!! He used to work for me when I owned Costa Mesa (now called South Coast). He was a really wacked out dude. He would take off for a month at a time and go do the bible thing.

There are a lot of jerks out there in the car business. There are jerks in any profession.........lawyers, doctors, politicians, even priests and teachers. Not ALL car salespersons are "fucking pieces of shit". There are a lot of outstanding car sales people out there. You have been shopping at the wrong places.

Macky
12-23-2004, 01:12 PM
generalizing all salesmen isnt right, i know a lot of whom became close friends of mine, most from the mitsubishi dealer Tom owned. they werent "fucking pieces of shit", in fact, the customers who came there when i visited them were the "fucking pieces of shit"

zeroman21
12-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Yes you guys are right--to a certain extent. I actually might come across very harshly, but I have a certain way about me that I do not ALWAYS mean what I say. I should be a little more easy being that's it's Christmas time and all. Plus, 22000 people just died on the other side of the world...so there are more important things in life than dissing car salesmen. But, with that being said, there is a LOT of emotion with the purchase of a car and the whole thing. At that time in '97 there were a lot of things going on that were very stressful, especially that payment that I made. I was younger then and a lot less knowledgeable about the realities of the situation. I still do not like that dealership AT ALL. Next time, my comments won't be so harsh, but remember, I do have a weird sense of humor. Besides, if I really was president I wouldn't kill all sharks. On a serious note, we should take some time and pray that things recover with that earthquake disaster. -Zeroman

bonestockevo8
12-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Yes you guys are right--to a certain extent. I actually might come across very harshly, but I have a certain way about me that I do not ALWAYS mean what I say. I should be a little more easy being that's it's Christmas time and all. Plus, 22000 people just died on the other side of the world...so there are more important things in life than dissing car salesmen. But, with that being said, there is a LOT of emotion with the purchase of a car and the whole thing. At that time in '97 there were a lot of things going on that were very stressful, especially that payment that I made. I was younger then and a lot less knowledgeable about the realities of the situation. I still do not like that dealership AT ALL. Next time, my comments won't be so harsh, but remember, I do have a weird sense of humor. Besides, if I really was president I wouldn't kill all sharks. On a serious note, we should take some time and pray that things recover with that earthquake disaster. -Zeroman Point being, there are very unsavory characters at south coast, and whoever wants good service should avoid SC.

rino
12-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Yes you guys are right--to a certain extent. I actually might come across very harshly, but I have a certain way about me that I do not ALWAYS mean what I say. I should be a little more easy being that's it's Christmas time and all. Plus, 22000 people just died on the other side of the world...so there are more important things in life than dissing car salesmen. But, with that being said, there is a LOT of emotion with the purchase of a car and the whole thing. At that time in '97 there were a lot of things going on that were very stressful, especially that payment that I made. I was younger then and a lot less knowledgeable about the realities of the situation. I still do not like that dealership AT ALL. Next time, my comments won't be so harsh, but remember, I do have a weird sense of humor. Besides, if I really was president I wouldn't kill all sharks. On a serious note, we should take some time and pray that things recover with that earthquake disaster. -Zeroman Point being, there are very unsavory characters at south coast, and whoever wants good service should avoid SC.

I agree 100%

j_nizzle
12-27-2004, 06:37 PM

I agree 100%

as do i

zeroman21
12-28-2004, 03:29 PM
About the service. I didn't even get into that part of the equation. I too did not have a good experience in that category. The suck thing about cars is you have to deal with the dealerships. While there are certainly crappy customers there are also very crappy dealerships. The difference with us, is that we are very much into cars. Not like Joe Normal who drives his Taurus to his bank job everyday. Car dealerships in our category are dealing with this majority of customers. I'm sure if we were dealing with Ferrari of Orange County about our 360 it would be different. Think about it...is it so wrong from our point of view to demand good service. We are paying 25-30 grand when we buy one of these things. Basically I will NEVER be a fan of car dealerships, but it will be a necessary evil when it comes to the evo or any other cool car.

bonestockevo8
01-01-2005, 01:03 PM
About the service. I didn't even get into that part of the equation. I too did not have a good experience in that category. The suck thing about cars is you have to deal with the dealerships. While there are certainly crappy customers there are also very crappy dealerships. The difference with us, is that we are very much into cars. Not like Joe Normal who drives his Taurus to his bank job everyday. Car dealerships in our category are dealing with this majority of customers. I'm sure if we were dealing with Ferrari of Orange County about our 360 it would be different. Think about it...is it so wrong from our point of view to demand good service. We are paying 25-30 grand when we buy one of these things. Basically I will NEVER be a fan of car dealerships, but it will be a necessary evil when it comes to the evo or any other cool car. South Coast mitsubishi is just a shady place w/ a shady and unethical owner and the same goes to the salesmen and management. The only guy there that was cool was the finance dude because he didn't have anything to sell. Everytime I think about my experience there it encourages me to help other people avoid that craphole.

rino
01-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Shady Coast Mitsubishi

Ev0WN3D
01-02-2005, 06:42 AM
South Coast MITSUBISHI is a bunch of cocks. Do not even bother, the owner, manager and all the whole crew just plain sucks. HB mitsubishi I have been treated like royalty and I never bought a car from them LOL!

bonestockevo8
02-15-2005, 10:28 PM
bump, lets keep this stickied up top.

rino
02-16-2005, 04:49 AM

you hate them just as much as i do
hah

bonestockevo8
02-19-2005, 05:48 PM

you hate them just as much as i do
hah Dont really hate them, just want to help other people from avoiding the terrible experience I had.

bonestockevo8
02-27-2005, 11:28 PM
bump

rino
03-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Can we get a sticky?

bonestockevo8
03-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Can we get a sticky? Yes, that would be great

rino
03-22-2005, 02:50 AM
Can we get a sticky? Yes, that would be great

bonestockevo8
03-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Can we get a sticky? Yes, that would be great 8)

rino
04-01-2005, 02:31 AM
bumpity bump

bonestockevo8
04-09-2005, 05:30 PM
bumpity bump lets make this a sticky

rino
04-09-2005, 07:43 PM
sticky request plz

soyboi
04-18-2005, 11:23 PM
South Coast mistubish suck soo bad and bad service ever. I went with my girlfriend one day looking for an evo MR. All I was asking is how much you think is going to be out the door 39? or less. I mean the sticker price said 34,XXX, so he talk to his manger and that guy went out and said 42g out the door. I was like WTF shit that would be over sticker price. Who the fuck want to pay a 42g out the door for a MR. So His manger told me to go home and do my homework. So the next day I went with my mom to Punte Hill mistubishi and bought a MR for 38k out the door. I guess i did my homework better then his stupid ass. That why they ain't selling shit with their stupid comment. HB is the best place to go good service is the main key to selling car and price. -kenny

Knower
04-19-2005, 12:01 AM
This thread needs to be a supersticky.

G_B
04-24-2005, 05:35 PM
On Friday night I took my brother down to South Coast to buy an Evo. Its his first new car so I went along to negotiate the deal. Every person we had contact with was very professional and went out of their way to make sure we were right at home...especially John Afifi who was constantly running around for us getting drinks and going over the manual etc. John also cleaned and gassed the Evo up so we could get home and Zaino it before it got dark.

I handed them a printed offer on the car based on my research on the forums, they accepted it with no problem and we drove home in a nice new silver Evo w/ sun, sound & leather.

I did not really expect this kind of attention but we got it. Having purchased a BMW and Lexus recently I can say without any doubt this was the smoothest transaction of them all and definately the fastest 'in and out' time in a dealership.

Finally, now we have the Evo I will be spending some more time on here as we sponsor the forums and hopefully attending some LA/OC area meets with my brother. Today we are replacing fog lamps, high beams, sidelights and will post pics tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,

Gary

Macky
04-24-2005, 05:55 PM
with all the bad rap they have, im not surprised they have resorted to this kind of treatment.

in any case congrats on the Evo.

alex_alex
04-24-2005, 06:09 PM
anyone else think its shady that this also happens to be this guy's first post?

G_B
04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
This is Gary from Hoen, a socal Evo sponsor. Not having an Evo in the family up until Friday night I had very little to offer this forum hence my first post today. It makes complete sense that my first post would be a dealership experience.

deebrown1
04-24-2005, 06:32 PM
It's true..the evo is mine..they were super cool, very professional...

bonestockevo8
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
anyone else think its shady that this also happens to be this guy's first post? One good experience at South Coast Mitsubishi opposed to the thousands of terrible experiences there. South Coast blows the big one.

EvoPwr
04-24-2005, 06:49 PM
leave the guys alone, jesus christ he had a good experiance with him lets not give him shit on his first post.

anyway, welcome from me, i dont care where you got it as long as you got one :D

G_B
04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Of course people will have different experiences.....thats the way it goes.

For what its worth the guys at the 'other' dealership gave us the run around APR wise to the tune of 1% difference. South Coast did not screw around and nailed it right off the bat with a finance quote a bit less than we had estimated budget wise. This is why we gave them first try on the purchase.

We will follow up with service experiences shortly.

Wind Racer
04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Welcome!

j_nizzle
04-25-2005, 06:22 PM
could south coast be shaping up?!@!!?!?! :shock:

hksevo8
04-25-2005, 08:12 PM
hey guys, I bought mine there and can not say anything but good things about my experiance. to each his/her own. Thank god we have HB for service and sales, but lets not try to ruin this guys excitement about the purchase of the evo. welcome aboard, and make sure to come out to one the the Thursday meets at Tustin.

itsnino
04-26-2005, 08:12 AM
welcome deebrown1 and G_B!!!

:D

WavMixer
04-26-2005, 09:11 AM
welcome deebrown1 and G_B!!!

:DWelcome to the dark side. Your life as you knew it is now over. You have been assimilated, resistance was futile.

bonestockevo8
05-08-2005, 08:31 PM
This thread needs to be a supersticky. bump

seamore
06-07-2005, 12:53 PM

How can you post things like this if you are the sales person? Has anyone ever teach you how to sell?? You are suppose to gain trust from your customers. Ever hear a thing call "The Customer is always right"? If the company I work for ever do business like this we'll be toss to the road side in no time even with our guarantee 5 year / $500 million dollars contract.

I am planning on purchasing an EVO next year and I know exactly where NOT to go.

atlvalet
06-07-2005, 01:07 PM
[quote="southcoastmitsubishi"]yes rino the manager is insulting you coz you insulted them for the price that you are offering them on the evo!!!duhh you wanna buy the evo but you cant afford to extend your budget for $25 more hahahahaha what a shame on you!!!!

Do you want to sell a car or not. Obviously not. Tustin gave me this same line of garbage. They didn't sell a car. My favorite is how you get such a different story from different people in the SAME dealership. Tustin's internet person gave me an MSRP quote. The salesman on the floor said 38k, plus TT$L. Mind you, I had cash in hand. I asked why did their internet manager give me a quote of MSRP? Talk about a blank look. They wouldn't budge on price.

I now own a Silver MR and I didn't buy from Tustin.

hawaiiboy
06-07-2005, 02:03 PM
oh man, this brings back memories i wish i could forget. Heres my story: This was Sept of 2004:

Long Beach Mitsubishi COMPLAINT

Dear All,

Just about a month ago, OJ and I bought a brand new 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution from Long Beach Mitsubishi and were treated with poor customer service. They not only treated us terribly, but they falsely advertised that Lo-Jack would work in Utah and Hawaii, and would not refund our money back for Lo-Jack.

Why would anyone want Lo-Jack if it didn't work for them?! Please read the attached file. It's a letter to Mr. Abbas Baahmadi, the owner of Long Beach Mitsubishi, regarding our concerns about our car. (also sent to mitsubishi corp. compalint dept.)

If you know anyone who wants to buy a Mitsubishi car, or any car, DO NOT refer them to Long Beach Mitsubishi. We don't want them to have to go through what we went through. Please pass this letter to your friends and family.

Thanks!
Alvina and OJ

South Coast and Long Beach are owned by the same person. We bought the car from Long Beach but the car was picked up at South Coast. We even tried to call the owner direct. We did this because all the people in the management team at South Coast did not want to deal with us. Several of the managers, including the GM hung up on my wife when she called the dealership! Needless to say, the owner never called us back. The reason we wanted Lojack was to protect our car while we lived in Utah and Hawaii. We were assured that it had coverage in these areas. But Lojack doesnt have coverage there so we basically gave them free money. Hope no one has to go through this.

hawaiiboy
06-07-2005, 02:14 PM
sorry for the venting but these guys really pissed me off. i forgot all about this but the mechanic at south coast lost my keys to my car when he did the pdi. so i had to wait for them to cut new keys. also, the inside of my car was filthy when it was given to me. when i asked "hey, can you clean the car a little better?", my salesman told me that it would get dirty anyways. what a freakin' jack ass!! aaaaahhhhhhhh. i hate those guys.

evooci
06-07-2005, 04:16 PM
i guess a couple of stealerships just lost a future buyer :roll:

Urban Assault Vehicle
08-15-2005, 10:08 PM
i got a great deal at South Coast, $1500 below invoice, i think it was around $26,000 for my 05 gsr. i was wondering how the service is now though.

Knower
08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
i got a great deal at South Coast, $1500 below invoice, i think it was around $26,000 for my 05 gsr. i was wondering how the service is now though.

Go to HB Mitsu for warranty/service. South Coast Mitsu is notoriously bad. You got lucky if you got a good deal. Have you read all of this thread?

rino
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
sticky.

qsjoeygst
08-28-2005, 12:57 PM
I got mine from South coast. A new 05 GSR for 27k.

bonestockevo8
09-01-2005, 09:47 PM
i got a great deal at South Coast, $1500 below invoice, i think it was around $26,000 for my 05 gsr. um..sure you did. :coolsmiley:

wj4
09-04-2005, 10:55 AM

no wayyyy, is that 27k out the door?

j_nizzle
09-04-2005, 01:39 PM
i think those guys are full of shit....no way they got their evo's for that low....i think they work at south coast and this is their sick and stupid way fo getting people to come and buy cars there.

qsjoeygst
09-05-2005, 10:44 AM

yup sure did.
"I think those guys are full of shit....no way they got their evo's for that low....i think they work at south coast and this is their sick and stupid way fo getting people to come and buy cars there."- j_nizzle
:? um i dont work there. I went through mike elliot cool guy. BUT they are kinda cheap they gave me my car alomst empty i had to get my own gas. I thought dealers put gas in the car for you?

Macky
09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
BUT they are kinda cheap they gave me my car alomst empty i had to get my own gas. I thought dealers put gas in the car for you?

they do. actually every decent dealer puts gas in your tank. ive always had a full tank of gas for every car i bought.

wj4
09-05-2005, 09:36 PM
i thought so too, when i got my car they washed it and filled her up b4 i left hte lot. i guess if u did get hte car for that price, they figure they had already taken a big hit because its below invoice

bonestockevo8
09-06-2005, 11:45 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=144369

I still call BS on the 27 OTD For a 05 GSR. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw the contract. But if you really got that deal; more power to you.

volcomguy84
09-07-2005, 11:56 AM
i bought my car at south coast.......i told them i wanted to be in and out as fast as possible and it still took them 5 hrs......and to top it off, they didnt even fill my tank, i had to drive from the lot right to the gas station down the street. They have poor service and their manager thinks he is just a hot shot because he has a ferrari, and doesnt seem like he cares too much about the customer. my .02

wj4
09-07-2005, 01:11 PM
i bought my car at south coast.......i told them i wanted to be in and out as fast as possible and it still took them 5 hrs......and to top it off, they didnt even fill my tank, i had to drive from the lot right to the gas station down the street. They have poor service and their manager thinks he is just a hot shot because he has a ferrari, and doesnt seem like he cares too much about the customer. my .02

how much did u pay for the car out the door? lol at the manager...driving a ferrari while working at mitsu. thats like my friends buying benz and bimmers from the early 90s/late 80s and think theyre cool :roll:

deebrown1
09-07-2005, 01:14 PM
actually i'm pretty sure that's the owner who drives the ferrari...i bought my car there and was first impressed but in general i think they are a holes...the manager is a real dick but they do have a hot chick who does the finance.

volcomguy84
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Yea the owner is a dick, I went in 2 months later because i didnt recieve my plates, and he totally was totally serious when he asked me if i was ready to trade my evo in........I was almost pissed, they dont even care about the cust, just the sale. DONT GO THERE!!

drmosh
09-08-2005, 01:22 PM

yup sure did.
"I think those guys are full of shit....no way they got their evo's for that low....i think they work at south coast and this is their sick and stupid way fo getting people to come and buy cars there."- j_nizzle
:? um i dont work there. I went through mike elliot cool guy. BUT they are kinda cheap they gave me my car alomst empty i had to get my own gas. I thought dealers put gas in the car for you?

Hey Joey, good to meet you at Tustin last week, the reason why you got the car so cheap out the door is because you forget, they stuck it to your ass with interest, you are paying like a what, 9+% interest? They are making that all back and more. Like I said, refi your car as soon as you can.

Macky
09-08-2005, 01:32 PM
anything over 3% is already not good(at least the way i see it). refi that beast asap.

evoibad
09-10-2005, 03:39 PM
There's a white MR at south coast right now, it has 12k miles and they want $43k for it. After seeing that asking price I didnt even try to negotiate I just left.

rubelcon
09-10-2005, 03:43 PM
There's a white MR at south coast right now, it has 12k miles and they want $43k for it.* After seeing that asking price I didnt even try to negotiate I just left.

:-o

oxyi
12-29-2005, 01:34 AM
I was going go to South Coast Mitsu to look at the evo, since they have a pretty good price + offering FREE MAINTAINANCE for life ,
but with all the shady stuffs that I heard about, it made me think twice ..
now my friend was telling me to get the evo from HB mitsubishi, and with all the great feedbacks from all the member, I am really tempted..
But im sort of SOL, my credit union will only give me 25k , so im short about 8k there... good thing i have my 98 prelude sh for either trade in or sell ..
So, whats the number I should call to reach Tom or maybe I will just drop by tomorrow to pay them a visit ?

thanks ~

Blaze
12-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Sift through some of the Vendor adds.

There are few people indirectly representing dealerships here.
You can pick up an IX MR as low as 32 grand.

Good luck.

Blaze

MRevo9
12-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Sift through some of the Vendor adds.

There are few people indirectly representing dealerships here.
You can pick up an IX MR as low as 32 grand.

Good luck.

Blaze

damn dude i payed 38 for mine

Blaze
12-29-2005, 02:24 AM

ouch.

good things come to those who wait. some people paid the full 10G mark up in 03, so don't feel too bad.

gtkiller
12-29-2005, 03:59 AM
here peep this: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=16036.0 this is who i bought mine from, you can get an awesome deal from him.

Sam Smash
12-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Feel free to call me :) 714-493-4163

Sam

tlcrox
12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
I was going go to South Coast Mitsu to look at the evo, since they have a pretty good price + offering FREE MAINTAINANCE for life ,
but with all the shady stuffs that I heard about, it made me think twice ..
now my friend was telling me to get the evo from HB mitsubishi, and with all the great feedbacks from all the member, I am really tempted..
But im sort of SOL, my credit union will only give me 25k , so im short about 8k there... good thing i have my 98 prelude sh for either trade in or sell ..
So, whats the number I should call to reach Tom or maybe I will just drop by tomorrow to pay them a visit ?

thanks ~
714-375-9493

DTunedEvoX
12-29-2005, 01:34 PM
I want a 9 too .. To bad my credit is sux0rz and I'd be upside down on my trade ... LOL I probably got the worse credit on the forum :2funny:

Sam Smash
12-29-2005, 02:32 PM
would you like for me to see if you can get one? Even with your credit??

GokuSSJ4
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM

ouch.

good things come to those who wait.* some people paid the full 10G mark up in 03, so don't feel too bad.

never! even back them some of us were able to purchase them below MSRP..

oxyi
12-29-2005, 07:05 PM
wow, insurance for evo is skyhigh.... my producer was unable to quote me a price, and have to directly contact the insurance company...

Sam Smash
12-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Still in the market? I would like to get a few more of these sold before the end of the year.

Sam Smash
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Evo 9 MR : $33,773.43
Orange County $36,729.11 out the door
LA $36,897.20 out the door

Evo 9: $29,229.64
Orange County $31783.42
LA $31,928.80

oxyi
12-30-2005, 01:53 AM

Orange County $31783.42
LA $31,928.80

Nice price, for evo9, is that the price with SSL ?

Sam Smash
12-30-2005, 11:17 AM

Orange County $31783.42
LA $31,928.80

Evo 9 ssl: $31,956.64
Orange County $34,759.52
La: $34,918.53

DeeezNuuuts83
12-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey oxyi... definitely check out Huntington Beach, the people who work there are really awesome.

Back to the topic at hand... what have you guys paid for IXs at that dealership?

silverevo05
12-31-2005, 10:45 AM
First and foremost I want to say thankyou to all the people at South Coast Mitsu ( Yes I said South Coast Mitsu.) I got probably the best deal in any car I ave ever had. Despite all the criticism about SC mitsu I went there 2nd to try and trade in my 05 and get an 06 GSR. My first stop like probably anyone else was HB mitsu where I purchased my 05 from last year after having a bad experience at south coast thus the hesitation at first to go to South Coast. Unfortunately at HB they wanted to give me ALOT less for my 05 than at South Coast + ALOT more for the 06 than they gave me at SC. I know everyone says to ask for Tom but he was not there as I had already asked the salesperson which said the guy that was there was just as good as Tom and would give me just as good a deal (unfortunately it wasnt.) On top of it all they only had 1 apex silver non MR which I wanted, unfortunately as soon as I was looking at it the door opened and another salesman gave a test drive to 2 (probably 17 y o kids who wanted nothing more than a joyride) a ride in it, which when you mix test drives with 17 y o kids and an evo It's not something that will be well taken care of. Needless to say I told the saleman that was helping me out (nice guy too) that what just happened really pissed me off, I even told him 5 $ they dont even buy it. Offcourse 15 min later they come back while Im doing paperwork on an evo in another location (unseen,) get out of the car and walk away. At that point I was just ready to leave (Young little pieces of...) Anyways the salesman tried to give me the best deal he could but it was not even near what I was looking for, I advised him what I wanted which was 31600 OTD and he said he couldnt.
well
I told my wife we would go to SC regardless of the criticism and my bad experience last year and if nothing we would head to Tustin on the way home.
well
A sales guy (Victor) Came over, I advised my situation, what I wanted for my car and what I wanted the new car for OTD he said let me bring out the owner (Very nice Guy.) I told him how much and he said sure and what got me next was the best he then said, and I wont say how much but he said iLL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR LESS. and Im not talking small change less I mean alot less. They didnt have the car that I wanted so he called up other places and found a silver non ssl non mr. I told I want to see the car first b4 I sign a contract (ie no holes in bumber ,less than 5 mi no dents or scratches), he said sure my saleman will drive you, if you like it drive it back (at this point Im looking at my wife thinking there a catch) We went to anaheim where the car I wanted turn out to be SSL which I already had. Ohwell they had an electric blue with the plastic wrapping still on. I told the sales agent If I get the same deal on this one Ill get it. well 5 min later I"M driving a 06 eb evo to SC mitsu (NOt Someone else) which is not even mine yet (Once again Im telling my wife something is up) well we get to SC waiting for the catch and Everything went as promised. 1 hr later Im transferring everything from my 05 to my 06.
in the end getting more for my trade in and less for the new one was very unexpected
NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY ARE MUCH MUCH BETTER! at SC Mitsu Now :mitsu:
thanks everyone at SC Mitsu and thanks guys for reading this long post but my experience was sooo good I had to give the full story
PS I got free maintenace on the car

j_nizzle
12-31-2005, 11:01 AM
im a little confused but anyhow...congrats!

bcmind
12-31-2005, 11:44 AM
If they're that great, why not let everyone know how much you got for trade in and how much u got on the 06? :roll:

interest rate would help too.

indianevodriver
12-31-2005, 11:51 AM
im a little confused but anyhow...congrats!

+1 I would also like to know how much you got it for OTD.

inline4g63
12-31-2005, 12:28 PM
MORE INFO!!!

Sam Smash
12-31-2005, 02:44 PM
You should really stop by today :) Its the last day of the year and the cars need to fly out the door. O0

oxyi
12-31-2005, 04:55 PM
i really want to, but gotta figure out if i can afford this baby ;D

WavMixer
01-03-2006, 01:00 PM
If they're that great, why not let everyone know how much you got for trade in and how much u got on the 06? :roll:

interest rate would help too.
Enquiring minds want to know.

silverevo05
01-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Sorry for the late response I was at Las vegas over the weekend for new years with the family,
anyways I got the vehicle for less than 31600 OTD and a 6% int rate which is pretty good for the credit 0 down.
This deal might not apply to everyone BUT I thought it was pretty darn good.

gen4k20a2
01-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Sorry for the late response I was at Las vegas over the weekend for new years with the family,
anyways I got the vehicle for less than 31600 OTD and a 6% int rate which is pretty good for the credit 0 down.
This deal might not apply to everyone BUT I thought it was pretty darn good.

i dont get why you dont give up your #'s....you got your car.

seamore
01-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Are these prices still good? I am looking to buy an 9 RS in the next couple of months.

Sam Smash
01-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Give me a call, I will see what I can do :)

714-493-4163

Sam

DruMMinStUd06
01-07-2006, 10:19 AM

seamore
01-09-2006, 07:55 AM

I would like to know as well.

SilverMr
01-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to South Coast Mitsu for giving me a deal I couldn't refuse on my new IX.They gave my top $$$ on my 8 MR (which I loved) and gave me the IX WAY under sticker.They also took off my tbe,02 housing and ported exhaust mani and put it back to stock for free.The crew there was awsome and the deal I got was miles better than all the other dealers I talked to including Huntington Mitsu(Tom at Huntington is also awsome).Anyone looking at getting a new Evo should definitley make a trip here.

Thanks again,
Blake

speedracer2169
01-22-2006, 08:57 PM
:spam: ? How much did they sell you the new one and how much did they give you for your mr?

genrec
01-22-2006, 09:04 PM
I have just experienced an outstanding experiece you should all know about. It started out with Sam of SRT Motorsports posting a add in the car classified section that he was looking for used Evos. I just happened to be throwing the idea of getting rid of my evo. Not becuase i didnt enjoy it, which i did greatly, but becuase i had a new goal in life. I recently got married and have been wanting to purchase a larger home, and my will power and keeping the evo was not going to work. I loved modding it and driving it, but keeping it i would have continued to dump alot more money into it, not allowing me to move foward with my future plans. Back to the story. So i called Sam, told him what my deal was and he told me to come on down. I met him at South Coast Mitsubishi which is located across the street from the new SRT shop. He set up a meet between the owner and myself, where they put my car up on the lift and inspected it, seeing that it was flawless we began the negotiation. In the end I kept 99.9% of my aftermarket parts and i got the money i was looking for my 05 GSR with 18k miles. The owner did not pressure me but gave me as much time as I wanted to think about the situation, which i took about 2 weeks to make sure it was what I really wanted to do before I signed my car away. So now i was ready but my car had all the mods still, so Sam stepped up to the plate. The dealership could buy my car and Sam would come get it and take it across to his new shop and put it back to stock for the dealer. This was a HUGE advantage in time savings, something i think we all have hardly any of now-a-days "TIME”. So I was able to sell my car, go buy my new vehicle, and come back a couple days later to pick up all my parts at SRT. Not to mention an insanely great deal Sam put togther on putting the Evo back to stock. All in all it was a very pleasant experience/transaction that worked out flawlessly. I wanted to thank the owner of South Coast Mitsu for being a straight foward guy with me, and making me feel at ease, and Sam for setting it all up in the first place and making it happen. If anyone else is in my situation or looking to do the same, these guys make it easy on you. I know i have seen some dissapointing threads on here about South Coast Mitsu, but with such a positve one like i have just experienced, i feel it deserves to be seen as well.

Genrec

speedracer2169
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Glad it worked out for you. O0

j_nizzle
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
+1 for sam...finally met you on saturday! great set of evos you brought out!

Macky
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
the "crew"? :2funny:

SilverMr
01-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Yea,the crew smart a--
The owner,2 salesmen,the fianance mgr,service writer and the main Evo tech

1of1000MR
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
the "crew"?* :2funny:

+1 :grin:

SpdyEvo02
01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Congrats....Sam is a great guy gald he could hook you up

R3dline
01-22-2006, 09:40 PM
After I bought my car from them I refinanced it with my bank, and some girl there tried to give me sh^t for it :grin:

Luxury Broker
01-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Abbas does it again !!! Congrats on your purchase. Now I hope all this South Coast bashing will die off and we can start selling cars to socal customers O0

gen4k20a2
01-23-2006, 12:04 AM
well start with me....WW MR looking to buy in bout 2-3 weeks. PM with what you can do. I got a few numbers from others. If you can beat em....you can have my business

Knower
01-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Abbas does it again !!! Congrats on your purchase. Now I hope all this South Coast bashing will die off and we can start selling cars to socal customers O0

Oh, you mean that South Coast Mitsubishi has changed their practices from the sneaky, underhanded, shitfuck retardation that has long been the status quo there?

But hey, I'm just a former customer like all the others that hate that dealership. I'd be a little concerned that I was leading this thread off topic, but that dealership puts the S in satan.

donatevo
01-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Congrats! The thing i like with SC mitsu is that HOT chick finance manager O0

Tarmac02
01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
I also got my IX there,... but the only person I dealt with was the finance manager since I got my car through Sam at SRT,... so I can't vouch for any of their practices. Wasn't too bad though, but that's my experience.

Sam Smash
01-23-2006, 11:31 AM
:smitten: Thank You very much :smitten:

WavMixer
01-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Damn it all! you still need to replace your stock head lights!!! SAM... I'll be right over with the stock GSR head lights that genrec forgot to switch back.

gunnerman
01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
good dealer...their 30% off sale for evo parts was awesome as well...

gen4k20a2
01-23-2006, 09:12 PM
ok well if you dont want a bonefide forum member to get a car with a good deal and good experience from your dealership then its your loss

never got a pm...no followup

Sam Smash
01-23-2006, 09:31 PM
ok well if you dont want a bonefide forum member to get a car with a good deal and good experience from your dealership then its your loss

never got a pm...no followup

pm'd

Let me see if I can get general prices again so I can post them back up. We did a end of the year special this way and were able to post temp prices :)

silverevo05
01-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Wish I read this thread earlier though my previos thread was moved to buyers corner.

I too bought and evo 9 and traded in my 8. Your story sounds exactly like mine. I went to HB where I bout my 8 and unortunatley could not get what I was looking for on my 8 and was getting a higher price on the 9. I went to South Coast more out of curiosity than intent on getting the deal that I wanted. I stated what I wanted for my 8 and what I wanted my 9 for the manager said I give it to you for less MMUUCCHH less and I thought something might be up. That was until I signed the contract and walked away with the car, and yes I love my Electric blue evo 9 Thanks Vicotr Abus and everyone else for the amzing deal O0

evodriver1
01-24-2006, 12:16 AM
I bought a new, leftover 05 EVO VIII from SC Mitsu. They're good guys.

The funny thing was that they had USED EVOs costing more than my loaded NEW EVO. This was due to new car rebates.

Sometimes you can get a better deal with a new car.

gen4k20a2
01-24-2006, 11:13 AM
what kinda deals are running right now?

GokuSSJ4
01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
6% on a new car , wow!!!
i have a few questions
1. what was your score (in order to determine your APR % rate)
2. how many years is the loan for
3. exact price of the car (OTD)

Terry S
01-24-2006, 11:35 AM
6% on a new car , wow!!!
i have a few questions
1. what was your score (in order to determine your APR % rate)
2. how many years is the loan for
3. exact price of the car (OTD)

I got 5.25% on my new car with 0 down... :buck2:

Terry S

krillin
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM

pics please. :D

sulpe
01-24-2006, 03:24 PM

I agree. She is hot!!!

genrec
01-24-2006, 03:43 PM
+2 ..she is....... ;)

bonestockevo8
01-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah; same way I feel; and I got my car there as well. Shitty ass experience dealing w/ shady unethical f*cktards. Hopefully for everyone's sake they have changed....but I wouldn't believe it until I saw it.

Abbas does it again !!! Congrats on your purchase. Now I hope all this South Coast bashing will die off and we can start selling cars to socal customers* O0

Oh, you mean that South Coast Mitsubishi has changed their practices from the sneaky, underhanded, shitfuck retardation that has long been the status quo there?

But hey, I'm just a former customer like all the others that hate that dealership.* I'd be a little concerned that I was leading this thread off topic, but that dealership puts the S in satan.

Macky
01-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Yea,the crew smart a--
The owner,2 salesmen,the fianance mgr,service writer and the main Evo tech

kiss my a--. dont be an ass on your second post here. if you cant take a joke, then it sucks to be you.

i know more than all those combined so fire your next round. unless of course you need all of them to give you something to say.

gen4k20a2
01-24-2006, 11:36 PM
OHH SNAAAAPPP YOUR ASS GOT TOOOOOLLLDDDD :2funny: :2funny:

Blaze
01-27-2006, 01:10 PM
-Merged-

Ricker
02-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I just went today to that dealer cuz a buddy of mine likes Impreza's and we went to south coast subaru to check there shit out and the had a mini car meet and so we didnt really get any good info. I happend to spot a mitsubishi dealer and It was south coast mitsubishi and since i wanted to copare between HB Mitsu and someone else I drove over there and the dick head sales man a south coast doesnt even let me look at there Evo's they had on display sits me down and starts asking me the same old same old, At that moment I felt unconfortable and I can see why HB mitsu is rated best cuz there sales men arnt pushy and they let you talk about what you think is a good price and all the good stuff, at South coast they just want to suck you're money out and not listen to what you want, Then when i was getting my info checked expecting to get a price figure the dude tells me i cant give you exact figures cuz u need a cosigner first, a HB they gave me what I need to know, and then to top it off those jerks kept saying ohh were the #1 #1 dealer in the nation!!!!!! we sell 60-70 Evo's a Month:uglystupid2:. Pure bull I had a bad experience with those douche bags, and so I made up my mind im deffinitly going to HB Mitsu, there cool and its just seems like the right place to buy my new Evo at. O0

gen4k20a2
02-11-2006, 11:27 PM
this is where SC gets their rep from. Why dont the managers/owners do something about it if they are so worried about their rep. They dont sell 40 a month cause that would account for a majority of the sales in southern california. When i went there i was treated pretty well and was even let to sit in the car and i told them i wasnt buying. But i guess its all luck of the draw with that dealership

C-Spec
02-12-2006, 12:12 AM
another SC mits. haha.* First off they are #1 mits dealer base on quanity.* There gross sucks.* Other dealer sell lesser cars, but make bomb on gross.* Either way SC is doing monopoly shit on Evos. It's alright though because the dealer making big bucks while the salesman are starving making a mini on every deals, that's why everytime they see a customer they jump right on them.* :2funny:

gen4k20a2
02-12-2006, 10:43 AM
its funny they still arent getting my business cause tom is matching/beating any price hahaha

SpdyEvo02
02-12-2006, 11:53 AM
its funny because neither HB or SC are getting my buisness

itsoem
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
its funny they still arent getting my business cause tom is matching/beating any price hahaha

Tom is from HB??

rammsteinmatt
02-12-2006, 04:18 PM

Tom is from HB??

yes tom is the owner.

gitrplaya1
02-13-2006, 03:10 PM
deng cuz i want an MR and i went to longbeach and they were asking for like 38k but like i know you can get it for lower has anyone gotten anything lower like below 35k for an MR?

j_nizzle
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
go to hb, talk to tom or go to sc and talk to sam...either way, you're getting a deal...and under 35k for an mr.

gen4k20a2
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
hell under 33 for an mr

j_nizzle
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
i just stuck with his target price...

gen4k20a2
02-13-2006, 05:47 PM
true but there is no need to just waste money so i threw that out there

dc4ever83
02-14-2006, 10:13 PM
i think they are running a special til the end of the month
under 34k for an MR
thats what i got from evolutionm.com

j_nizzle
02-14-2006, 11:11 PM
oh, it'll be less than that...and not just til to the end of the month.

dc4ever83
02-14-2006, 11:15 PM
really?how much less?hopefully the deal will be on til May cus that would be the time ill be ready to buy
though im still not sure what im getting(Evo or STi, but im leaning towards Evo since the new STI is so fugly)

j_nizzle
02-14-2006, 11:22 PM
the sti is not only ugly, it's slower overall and is a bitch to work on. talk to sam @ srt motorsports or tom at hb mitsu. see what kind of deals they can make for you.

Tarmac02
02-15-2006, 12:42 PM
the sti is not only ugly, it's slower overall and is a bitch to work on. talk to sam @ srt motorsports or tom at hb mitsu. see what kind of deals they can make for you.

The look of the new STi has actually grown on me,... especially in certain colors. But the slower and PITA to work on is so true. If I was going to buy a car and keep it completely stock then I'd get an STi, because it's proven to take rediculous abuse and still run without issue. But what's the fun in remaining stock and being like every other stock car out there.

j_nizzle
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM

The look of the new STi has actually grown on me,... especially in certain colors. But the slower and PITA to work on is so true. If I was going to buy a car and keep it completely stock then I'd get an STi, because it's proven to take rediculous abuse and still run without issue. But what's the fun in remaining stock and being like every other stock car out there.

i totally agree...i was thinking of buying an 05 and taking off the wing and using it as a daily grind...

dc4ever83
02-15-2006, 09:25 PM

i totally agree...i was thinking of buying an 05 and taking off the wing and using it as a daily grind...

call me a WUSS, but I just dont know if im hardcore enough to live w/o cruise control,climate control,supposedly better interior material,better long term reliability of the STI
I think the new sti looks pretty decent in darker colors though(WRBlue,Black)
anyone how much horsepower will i be able to make with basic bolt ons on 9?tbb,mbc,cai etc

j_nizzle
02-15-2006, 10:07 PM
we have already established that the 9 is better than the sti....and yes, you are a wuss...

gen4k20a2
02-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Sti's are for bitches* :grin:.....no offense to any bitches in this forum

gofaster87
02-16-2006, 01:30 AM
As nizzle put it "its not only ugly," I will never get over that fugly front bumper.

dc4ever83
02-16-2006, 01:32 AM
As nizzle put it "its not only ugly," I will never get over that fugly front bumper.

thats exactly why im leaning towards geting an EVO

Sam Smash
03-02-2006, 03:35 PM
SOUTH COAST MITSUBISHI IS AGAIN THE HIGHEST VOLUME SALES FOR THE MONTH OF FEB.

I will post up the dealership ranking :)

No dealership in the country sold as many evos that South Coast pumped out last month. They are going to beat the record again for the month of March. Jump on all thier deals :)

LARGEST EVO SELECTION IN THE COUNTRY
MOST EVOS SOLD IN THE COUNTRY

People are buying from all over the US including Alaska, Hawaii and many eastern States :)

Congrats to all the hard working salesman, and Management Team.

I am very honored to be working with this staff and will work with them to be the best!!!!!!!!

Thank You South Coast

Sam
SRT Motorsports

SpdyEvo02
03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Congrats Sam

qsjoeygst
03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Sure its ok to buy from them. But never for service or to pick a part up and have to worry about Alain B. coming out to your car trying to write down your vin number. :?

gen4k20a2
03-02-2006, 08:04 PM
wow really???

j_nizzle
03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Sure its ok to buy from them. But never for service or to pick a part up and have to worry about Alain B. coming out to your car trying to write down your vin number. :?

you can buy your car anywhere and this will happen to you....just ask anyone who was at metro pointe that fateful night when the friday night meets died!!

Macky
03-02-2006, 09:15 PM

you can buy your car anywhere and this will happen to you....just ask anyone who was at metro pointe that fateful night when the friday night meets died!!

yes but the thing is its one thing if the cops do it, its quite another if a dealership does that to you. its not a matter of it happening anywhere, but it happening somewhere.

Sam Smash
03-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Who writes down your vin?

chuckdashi
03-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Who writes down your vin?
i was just about to ask the same thing???... for what thou?..

ZEVO
03-03-2006, 09:10 AM
I have been working at SCM for about a month. Dont worry when I am there and see an STI or an Evo 8, I know they are there to see Mark or Sam. Once and a while there is one that doesnt know Mark or Sam but that is rare. Anybody want to buy anything else other than an Evo... JK! There a bunch cool guys there. Its a big change on how business is done there now.

Sam Smash
03-03-2006, 12:02 PM
I swear too many people make up weird stories about South Coast. I guess this guy thinks that if your car is modded then all the service writers and techs go running after you just to Void the warranty.

Do any of you guys have a clue to how warranty works at a dealership?? The dealership that claims something under warranty is not paying for your part or labor from thier pocket. Just getting the work is the same for them as if you walked in and paid. Instead of charging you, they charge Mitsubishi North America. Dealers love to make money, so if they can get away with warranty work on your car, then why the hell would they turn you away. Does that make any sense? So many dealers claim, we are modd friendly, they all are!!!!!! They want your busniess, no ones Voids the warranty of a car if you go in for an oil change. MY car is still under warranty, not because I know the people at the dealership, but because nothing broke and I never needed them to warranty anything. When you do claim for warranty, the dealerships will try to claim it. If a rep shows up, it doesnt matter if you are at HB, SC, Anaheim, Tustin, Mexico, Pacific Ocean they will then say yes or no.

Again, please under stand that warranty work is a dealer easiest job. They get their money from Mitsubishi North America. Thier is no reason to Void you car just for fun. THEY LIKE TO MAKE MONEY!!!! NOT PISS YOU OFF AND LOSE YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

Please think about that next time :)

Macky
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
actually a slight correction on your last statement there sam.

Yes the money for warranty work is taken from MMC. However MMC does not always fully reimburse the dealership for the labor involved. (Read: They base their warranty work labor hours from factory service hours).

That means if the book says 2 hours for a 30K for example, and the mechanic took 3 hours because of all the different crap on the Evo that had to be taken out of the way to perform the service, and then later put back together, the dealer ends up paying the difference, which is money out of their pocket, hence the reason why some dealers arent mod friendly.

qsjoeygst
03-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I swear too many people make up weird stories about South Coast. I guess this guy thinks that if your car is modded then all the service writers and techs go running after you just to Void the warranty.

I dont know a guy coming to your car looking at it while hold pen and paper and looking at the direction the vin number is located is kinds a weird story i dont know. maybe im wrong.

Sam Smash
03-03-2006, 12:18 PM
actually a slight correction on your last statement there sam.

Yes the money for warranty work is taken from MMC. However MMC does not always fully reimburse the dealership for the labor involved. (Read: They base their warranty work labor hours from factory service hours).

That means if the book says 2 hours for a 30K for example, and the mechanic took 3 hours because of all the different crap on the Evo that had to be taken out of the way to perform the service, and then later put back together, the dealer ends up paying the difference, which is money out of their pocket, hence the reason why some dealers arent mod friendly.

hmm, maybe you are right, maybe they should just lose the business right?

What you said has nothing to do with what I said. You are talking about the labor book. If the tech takes his time, he gets paid less. The book on a clutch has some ridiculous number on it. My guys get is done in 4-5 hours. But they can get paid up to 12 Hours. No one is paying the difference!!!!!!!!!! Even if they pay half its better than no deal. The dealers want the future business.

Remeber this is coming from someone who owns a business, not someone that just hangs out at a dealer.

WavMixer
03-03-2006, 12:37 PM
All automotive dealership service departments charge what is called "flat rate." This means that if the service manual says a specific job takes 1 hour to perform, that is all the customer gets charged for, 1 hour. The difference comes from the hourly shop labor rate. Usually... in most cases... the dealer has one price for customer work and another price for warranty work. So what Joe Blow off the street pays $50 for a 1 hour servce, Mitsu warraty claims might only get billed a $30 per hour shop labor rate for the same job.

You also have to consider that different shops will have different hourly rates although they all follow the flat rate billing system.

This is coming from someone that spent 20 years working in dealership service bays.

tasco
03-03-2006, 12:42 PM

I still call BS on the 27 OTD For a 05 GSR. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw the contract. But if you really got that deal; more power to you.

I do fleet sales at Glendale, if I sold an Evo at that price I'd get beaten by the sales staff then fired.

hardcoreracing
03-03-2006, 01:14 PM
I think sam and macky have given us some good information. There's a lot of us evo owners that want to mod our cars but fear voiding the warranties. My mind is more at ease knowing that when I take my car in for it's first oil change, I won't be harrassed for the new stealth magnaflow system that will be sitting on the car at that time.

Sam Smash
03-03-2006, 01:15 PM

I do fleet sales at Glendale, if I sold an Evo at that price I'd get beaten by the sales staff then fired.

I dont think that any dealer can sell the evos at that price. I get calls from all over the US just to buy here. Its not 27 otd its $31,999 06 MR
$27,988 06 GSR
$30,299 06 GSR W/SSL
$25,999 06 RS

Sam Smash
03-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I think sam and macky have given us some good information. There's a lot of us evo owners that want to mod our cars but fear voiding the warranties. My mind is more at ease knowing that when I take my car in for it's first oil change, I won't be harrassed for the new stealth magnaflow system that will be sitting on the car at that time.

+1

MBaran
03-04-2006, 10:56 PM
i got mine at 2 weeks ago price for 28299 and it was exactly that. 28299 plus TTL. It was 30996 with TTL.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.. haha, i cant believe i just said that.

i wouldnt doubt any story of VIN collection, but i dont think a dealer would do that, dont they have something better to do, like, uh, sell cars

no wait, thats all Sam, and he doesnt even work there. There other salesmen like Levi just give up on customers like me and send Sam my way, and thats where the real numbers happen. Dont be fooled if they write down 29xxx for the first price and "forget" that its 27999 or what ever, and also keep a lookout ofr Prem Warranty services @ $2500 dollars. They will try to factor in what ever possible.

All in all, im happy with the Evo.

j_nizzle
03-04-2006, 10:57 PM
congrats!!! sam is a great guy to do business with!

Xenope
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Traded in my RSX-S for the IX here and they provided me with a free loaner until the car comes in! Great service IMO.

Sam Smash
03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Traded in my RSX-S for the IX here and they provided me with a free loaner until the car comes in! Great service IMO.

Congrats again on the new car :) Thank you for the business

gen4k20a2
03-05-2006, 06:19 PM

what kinda loaner?

Xenope
03-05-2006, 09:26 PM

what kinda loaner?

A Lancer haha

5230EVO
03-06-2006, 12:17 AM
I dont think that any dealer can sell the evos at that price. I get calls from all over the US just to buy here. Its not 27 otd its $31,999 06 MR
$27,988 06 GSR
$30,299 06 GSR W/SSL
$25,999 06 RS

will the price be still the same next few weeks?
going to buy a GSR in the end of March

QuickShifter
03-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Sam is the man he hooked me up with my new IX mr and all I can say is wow. Not only wow for the car but fantastic service.....would never consider buying an evo from anyone else.

revithigh
06-13-2006, 06:16 AM
I just joined socal EVO, I'm from San Juan Capistrano.

I'm interested in getting an 06' EVO IX from them, and I'd like to know how they are in terms of service, and warranty as opposed to other dealerships.

Thanks for your time O0

DruMMinStUd06
06-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Search buddy...

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=5686.0

speedracer2169
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
there service department has gotten much better. Ask for chris he the assistant service manager there. They are modfriendly as well.

ultraflip
06-13-2006, 08:02 AM
not to thread jack... but hb mitsu can always hook it up as well... wouldn't hurt to check it out

DC_TypeR
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
+1 ^ always good to keep your options open..

HB and SC are both great!

Macky
06-13-2006, 08:35 AM
HB has better after sales service and support ;)

xxazn2nrxx
06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
HB fo SHO! got my GG IX there

Tarmac02
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
If you're gonna go to South Coast make sure you contact Sam @ SRT first...

the only way to fly

Otherwise I hear HB is the shit, but I've only ever been there to buy an oil filter.

revithigh
06-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'll definitely check out HB Mitsu.

DruMMinStUd06
06-14-2006, 06:39 AM
ask for Rich or Tom

rino
06-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I've gone to HB for service and it's awesome. Modfriendly and fast.

Can't say much about SC service. Contact Sam @ SRT before dealing with SC..