PDA

View Full Version : Sideswiped on the freeway...

Blaze
11-18-2006, 10:02 AM
:tickedoff:

Oh yes. And you people wonder why I avoid driving MY car. Besides the cops, there are just some generally bad drivers out there.

After a 2 hour drive from the IE down to the LA convention center, I'm the third car to arrive at the Japan Expo. I roll in through an impossibly narrow corridor and park in the staging area. I then have to push my car the remaining 50 yards or so into the venue. A quick dust off from the freeway trip and I'm good to go.

Heading down the 110, to the 101 and back onto the Eastbound 10 freeway, I hop into the carpool lane and settle into traffic. Somewhere just past the 710 interchange, the carpool lane comes to a grinding halt. The #1 lane is actually moving and I start wishing I was on a bike rather then a 4 wheeled beastie.

In the blink of perhaps two eye, there are lights coming up on the rear right 1/4 of the car. A series of "thuds" can be heard as the car leaves the #1 lane and drives over and through the divider cones and that separate the lanes and into the side of my car. It all happened so fast, I didn't even realize it was a car that hit me for a moment. But does the mother f%$ker stop? No, surprisingly he keeps right on going.

"Oh no he didn't," I mutter in my best Ebonics accent. And quickly I leave the lane to give chase. All I want is his lic. plate number. So I leave the lane, and accelerate through traffic as best I can. The now "hit and run" car is escaping as best he can through the stream of car, so rather then run the gambit of traffic, I jump into the breakdown lane and just shoot up. I find him trying to escape on an exit, pull behind him, hit the high beams and it's all over. Knowing now that I have his plate, he signals me that he wants to exit (playing it off like that was his intension the entire time) and I follow him into a parking lot. Ass!

We pull in, and this 7 foot dude hops out of a 2006 M3 convertible. The first few sentences out of his mouth only serve to re-affirm my opinion that BMW owners are assholes. I mean, I should know...I have three of them, right? So anyway, he starts acting all surprised and asks what happened?

me. You side swiped me.

ass. Oh? I thought I only tapped your mirror. What's this scrape along the side of your doors? Oh look, it comes right off when I rub it.

me. Please don't touch my car.

We exchange info and a witness pulls in to make certain everything is working out. I'm happy he offers his name and number. Back on the road 30 minutes later and it's an otherwise uneventful ride home and a debilitated, violated and otherwise deflowered vehicle.

No clue what the reapairs are going to cost. I haven't even gone outside in the daylight today to see the extent of the damage.
So sad is I. :'(

Blaze

jayvolution
11-18-2006, 10:17 AM
ouch!!! man im so sorry that happened to you blaze. that guy is definitly an a-hole. i hope his car gets totalled in a hit & run. anyway goodluck with the repairs and everything else.

JDMC-WestEVO
11-18-2006, 10:54 AM
that sucks dude hope it works out well

EvolvedMCC
11-18-2006, 11:08 AM
that is unF-inbelievable man! at least you caught the guy. i bet he thought he was slick. what was the damage on his car? BTW, i love when they tell you "look, it comes right off." as if that justifies what they did.

Blaze
11-18-2006, 11:15 AM
The damage on his car is a pulled side marker, mirror and probably some scuffing of the bumper.
Mar car has scratching running from the rear fender well up to the passenger door, a gouge on the lower door from god knows what and the shattered side mirror.

All in all, not horrible by "general standards." I'm mostly annoyed that he played it off looking confused and that he tried to get away. Calling 911 is useless. We were on hold from the time the accident happened to when he finally pulled over.

IXMREVO
11-18-2006, 11:46 AM
People make it hard to have nice things.

GokuSSJ4
11-18-2006, 11:46 AM
glad that you finally were able to get his Insurance and Lic info!
its ashame some of the drivers out there that aren't willing to take responsability for there actions..

blkside
11-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear it bro... That sucks. I hope you get everything resolved and make that dick pay for it... dont forget pain and suffering....

j_nizzle
11-18-2006, 12:11 PM
it would have sucked more if it were a hit and run and you didnt gte his info....hope everything works out though...if you need a quote for the most expensive body shop ever, let me know. i can have a guy come to you and do the estimate.

Blaze
11-18-2006, 12:41 PM
it would have sucked more if it were a hit and run and you didnt gte his info....hope everything works out though...if you need a quote for the most expensive body shop ever, let me know. i can have a guy come to you and do the estimate.

I will take you up on that next week. But if it costs 5 dollars or 5 thousand dollars to repair, it won't affect him. It's just a claim against his insurance. His rate will increase either way regardless of the amount. I just want everything repaired well. I'll probably take it to DTM since they sponsor the my team.

SpdyEvo02
11-18-2006, 01:46 PM
of all people here you would know the most about BMW people being assholes but man that sucks to hear jason

turbolarry
11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
PM me his name and address if you need some... "assistance." ;)

Gear Grinder
11-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Damn Jason, sorry to hear that. You have one of the cleanest Evo's around. Some one needs to come up with air bags for the outside of cars as well.

SpdyEvo02
11-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Damn Jason, sorry to hear that. You have one of the cleanest Evo's around. Some one needs to come up with air bags for the outside of cars as well.
it wasn't his evo that got hit thank god

Blaze
11-18-2006, 10:49 PM

Lol...yes, the evo is safely tucked away at the LA convention center right now. The car that got hit was one of my bimmers.

tabio42
11-19-2006, 01:49 AM
That sucks dude. Your car is so nice too. Time for some carbon fiber doors.

chuckdashi
11-19-2006, 02:00 AM
imagine how jason would react if it were tha evo...

Granny Shifter
11-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Jeeze. Are you going to make a police report that he tried to run away? Was this the M3?

Gear Grinder
11-19-2006, 06:58 AM

Lol...yes, the evo is safely tucked away at the LA convention center right now. The car that got hit was one of my bimmers.
Oh, in that case.... well, at least you wern't hurt. So what you are saying is, you got hit by a M3, while driving a M3? what are the chances.

Blaze
11-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Jeeze. Are you going to make a police report that he tried to run away? Was this the M3?

No, it was the 330.

I went back yesterday and discovered something new.

Between the carpool lane and the #1 lane there is an empty space (about the width of a car). It's not a break down lane....it's just space. This ass, was sick of waiting in traffic and decided to make his own lane out of it.

He shot up the freeway going 40-50mph, got too close and hit me.

tabio42
11-19-2006, 02:27 PM
oh hehe I thought it was your evo Phew!

evomrguy
11-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh thank Jesus it wasnt the evo. I was reading your post thinking it must be at the show still, but you never said otherwise. You gave me quite a scare. In either case though, thats bullshit. You shouldnt have to be put through all this bullshit for no reason other than that some asshole in a bmw thinks hes more important the the other billion people stuck in traffic. Im just glad, you and yours werent hurt in the accident and that everything was able to work out.

4g63evo05
11-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear that!!!