PDA

View Full Version : gears of war change future gaming?

RdEvo
11-27-2006, 06:18 PM
This is based on my opinion and thoughts only. I wanna get some feed back from everyone else cuz this intrests me.

Basicly what ive seen in the past is first person shooters dominate the gaming for most gun games but with the release of the very popular game Gears of War which doesnt give a new perspective on action gaming but basicly shows how good a third person shoot can be.

so what do u guys think alot more third person shooters? Or is Halo 3 going to make people remember how great 1st person is? :D

XubIX
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I think if they can make a game in 3rd person with such amazing graphics and semi good story line as they did gears of war then yes i can see how 3rd person games could become more popular in the future over 1st person games

Senshi
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
first off i think there only needs to be one thread about GoW.
As good as GoW is after reading EGMs article on Halo 3 you notice the huge flaws of GoWs online play. Halo's party system is really good and should have become standard for all live games. As for the 3rd person thing I dont know GoW works well as does R6 but you still run into camera issues sometimes, I think it will just go on as its always have 3rd person vs first person games just end up being differant types of games. 3rd person being better for stealth and slower passed and first person being better for faster passed games.