PDA

View Full Version : Cool CHP Officer

DeeezNuuuts83
12-06-2006, 08:04 AM
So yesterday morning was a day of close encounters. I live in Irvine and had a job orientation in Cerritos, so I planned to leave early. I moved last weekend to a place where you need a permit, but the girl who moved out accidentally forgot to leave the permit, and since she lives kind of far from here she wasn't able to bring it back until late yesterday, so I had already accumulated a ticket and was at risk of towing. I go to my car yesterday morning at 7AM to see a flatbed tow truck (which I figured was for me since it's a flatbed) right next to my car, then as I open the car, the tow truck driver looks at me then leaves... close call.

On my way back from Cerritos, shortly after getting back on the 5S from the 91E, I'm driving in the fast lane at around 70-75 mph. There is a slower car in front of me (going 70 at the most), and in my mirror I saw what I thought was a new GT500 (red with white stripes) in the carpool lane, and just ahead of me, the carpool lane opened up (solid yellow lines ended), so I dropped into 4th gear, pulled into the carpool lane to pass the slower car and got in front of it well before the carpool lane closed, going close to 80. I see a CHP car slight ahead about two or three lanes to my right, then I hit the brakes while he's still ahead of me, slowing down to 70, but he still slammed on his and was immediately on my bumper. Red and blue lights, you know the routine.

After pulling over, the officer says that he saw me driving the carpool lane with nobody in my car, plus I was speeding (but of course he couldn't tell how fast since I never passed him and had slowed down immediately). While I clarified that I only entered the lane (while it had the broken white lines) to pass the slower car, he said it was completely illegal to jump in the lane at any time if you only have one person. He asked for my ID, insurance, and registration, but for some reason, I couldn't find my registration (but my car was obviously registered with the plates and stickers), but he ended up being cool and letting me off with a verbal warning, saying if he catches me again, it's a $341 ticket. Luckily it might've been the fact that I was wearing a shirt-and-tie and was polite, plus my car is 100% stock. As a side note, I had applied for a couple police departments in my area, and after issuing the verbal warning, I asked him about the process of applying and how he likes the job, and then things lightened up a lot more. He was very courteous while being stern and serious. :police: O0

Then after being up since 5 I went to my current job at 2PM and bartended until 945.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that after I got back on the freeway, some gay ass LANCER with those headlights that are blue and yellow was tailing me in the right line, even as I went 85-90 momentarily (just so see how much of an idiot the guy is), and he stayed on me even as I slowed down to 70, so I jumped all the way to the right (so I could exit on Culver), then he did the ricer flyby as his automatic transmission downshifted and his ricey exhaust blared away. I really wanted to lose the guy 'cause I hate it when cars that are obviously slower try to toy with me, but I figured that since I just got pulled over by a CHP officer and got lucky, I didn't want to push my luck.

thisxguy
12-06-2006, 08:13 AM
lucky.

cerritos huh...thats my area.

DeeezNuuuts83
12-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I was in the area for a new job orientation at th AIS building on Bloomfield and some other street... maybe Park Place Dr or Center Place Dr or something along those lines.

909Evo
12-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Fuckin Cops...

1WkdEvo
12-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Fuckin Cops...

Classic!

*chris*
12-06-2006, 09:14 AM
NEVER slam on your brakes ...its an immediate indication to the cop that you know you were doing something wrong. just let off the gas and coast for a sec.

thats a hefty fine ...you got lucky.

Skiracer
12-06-2006, 09:17 AM
I slammed on my brakes for a redlight, then, i saw some toyota pass me running the redlight then a cop on the otherside of the road pulled over the toyota O0

*chris*
12-06-2006, 09:22 AM
LOL ok yes ...for stoplights its a good idea to hit your brakes.

DeeezNuuuts83
12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
But had I not hit the brakes, then I would've flown right by him at 80+ mph. Then he could've clocked me or at least known how fast I was going by glancing at his speedometer as he tailed me. Like I said before, I hit the brakes while he was still ahead of me, so while it's obvious that I slowed down, he wasn't behind me to see my red lights come on.

tabio42
12-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Fuckin Cops...

Heh, that is a growing disposition around here. But let's narrow it down to "fuckin cops who automatically assume you are a street racer because you modify your car" because most cops could care less that you modified your car. They worry about real crimes.

DeeezNuuuts83
12-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Heh, that is a growing disposition around here. But let's narrow it down to "fuckin cops who automatically assume you are a street racer because you modify your car" because most cops could care less that you modified your car. They worry about real crimes.

Unfortunately, to some police officers, modifying cars is a real crime :P

909Evo
12-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Fuckin Cops...

Lol cmon bro, you haven't figured out what I do for a living?

and DeezNuuuts83

Because 99% of the time modifying your car breaks the V.C. in some way shape or form.

evobeaner
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
you should have bought a lotto ticket that day dude.

tabio42
12-07-2006, 09:52 AM

From the looks of your avatar I would say underwear model. Or Motorcycle model. Or a combination of the two :)

909Evo
12-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Hahahahaha

Sweet jesus thats the funniest thing I have read on these boards in a long time.... your getting sigged.

Lets just say not all cops wish they had our rides, some do.

SpdyEvo02
12-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Hahahahaha

Sweet jesus thats the funniest thing I have read on these boards in a long time.... your getting sigged.

Lets just say not all cops wish they had our rides, some do.
:bs:

thisxguy
12-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Fuckin Cops...

and DeezNuuuts83

Because 99% of the time modifying your car breaks the V.C. in some way shape or form.

i understand the decible law. but if you ask me, i think that mods should be allowed as long as you pass smog with them installed. its not our fault that the companies didnt go through the trouble of getting a carb number

SpdyEvo02
12-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Fuckin Cops...

and DeezNuuuts83

i understand the decible law. but if you ask me, i think that mods should be allowed as long as you pass smog with them installed. its not our fault that the companies didnt go through the trouble of getting a carb number

but its your fault for buying them and installing them. if you notice some parts so OFF-ROAD use only thats because they aren't street legal

thisxguy
12-07-2006, 04:26 PM
dustin, who's side are you on? lol

i know that they arent street legal because they dont have a carb number. but some mods wont really kill your emissions and you can pass smog. some things will even help you car perform better.

that was just my opinion and it seems fair....we have smog tests for a reason.

909Evo
12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Then start voting, or get pissed at the right people....

Why does everyone get pissed at the enforcers of the law. If you got pissed at the people who created the laws in the first place, you might actually get somewhere.

SpdyEvo02
12-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Then start voting, or get pissed at the right people....

Why does everyone get pissed at the enforcers of the law. If you got pissed at the people who created the laws in the first place, you might actually get somewhere.

exactly

thisxguy
12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
one person cant do it all...whoever i bitch to will just brush it off. you know it and i know it...they'll see me as some radical or something.

i know you've seen the online petition for the removal of the required front license plate law. what happened to that? gone.

some of the enforcers actually go overboard...power corrupts. we've all seen/heard of it happening. ex. ultraflip was ticketed, when he first got his evo, for oversized wing, HIDs, and someother stuff..he was still stock.

well, i'm over this topic. back to reading my chemistry book :bang:

x[corwyn]
12-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Ahhh yes, because if I had a badge I could do whatever I wanted to my car.

I talked to HB Auto Tint when I was there. There were several police officer owned vehicles there getting all over tint. Also I know a couple of high ranking officers that own very high performance vehicles that make most of our Evos so tame. If I have time this week I will take a picture of this one officers Corvette, that he had built up and loves joy riding on the streets by the police station that he lives next to.

Lets face it. The VC is selectively enforced. The type of car you have, and who you are heavily influences that determination. So with that view in mind, who really makes the rules. The Cop out (I made a funny) is "well you voted for them" when in actuality a lot of these laws were passed without us having a chance to vote. So the reality is what ever gets that cops anus all tingly is going be what he goes after.

Personally I have no idea why cops dont hate cell phone talking, make up putting on, dvd watching, people, that are single drivers in a damned gas guzzling SUV. Or how about the jackasses that are driving at 45mph in the fast lane on the freeway? Or any of these other things that really impede the flow of traffic and cause people to drive around them aggressively just to get by or have to slam on their brakes. Nooooo its the big damned wing and so automatically we are evil. We didnt create the us vs them....

SpdyEvo02
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
]
people, that are single drivers in a damned gas guzzling SUV

whats wrong with that?

thisxguy
12-07-2006, 05:03 PM
the environment...and we're actually starting to running out of oil.

909Evo
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Last I checked cell phones will be illegal to talk on while your driving without a handset as of the first of jan.

I promise you that will get sooooo many people pulled over its ridiculous. And I again promise you that the soccer mom's won't bitch nearly as much as you guys do.

Don't you understand its not just cops that hate ricers... its 98% of the population.

Edit: While YOU may have not gotten a chance to vote on making stupid loud exhaust's and window tint illegal... someone did. While you may not think driving like an idiot on the freeway is an issue (because all of us are god's gift to driving) millions of people do.

thisxguy
12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
whats the penalty for driving while talking on the phone?

its also a fact that about ~95% of the population cant do anything about those "ricers"

x[corwyn]
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
]

whats wrong with that?

I'm glad you asked. I think that a SUV is far more anti-social than a small ricer vehicle. It wastes gas, takes up tons of space, and usually the drivers arent paying attention and just creating a moving roadblock. Not to mention I LOVE getting blinded by the idiots that put superbrights on the vehicles. Usually the drivers of those vehicles are distracted and feel "safe" in such a large vehicle and so drive like asshats. Also I LOVE seeing 2-3 parking spaces used by one because some idiot cant drive this mammoth vehicle he decided his penis needed or a short girl needed to feel "safe".

Why should I be happy about something like that?

I personally believe people should have to have class B licenses for large vehicles and also have to test out at the DMV in these them. I also believe there should be a BIG tax on them for people to be driving solo in them. If you dont have to tow something, or carry a buttload of people in it, I dont see why you need it.

My car is HUGE compared to what my parents drove me and my sister around in, and we did just fine. If the Evo could possibly be a 2 door and be smaller I would wet my pants with happiness.

I really think a motorcycle is a far more socially responsible vehicle. Great gas mileage, low traffic footprint, and you can put 4 to a parking spot. Not to mention its performance is well above anything else for the cost. And yes I am buying another one soon. I encourage as many people to get one. Reduce gas usage, and reduce traffic.

909Evo
12-07-2006, 06:15 PM
And as a motorcycle rider, can't agree with you more... if there is anything that annoys me more than idiot ricers, its soccer mom's in big SUV's running me off the road and changing lanes without looking.

All I'm trying to say, is its not JUST the cops fault. And believe it or not, there are evo driving, bike riding, car loving, SUV hating cops out there. The only problem is they will STILL ticket you for breaking the law. People here just need to learn to accept the fact that regardless of their personal interpretations of right and wrong, society has a written and established guidline that outlines what we can and can't do, and you are expected to follow it.

sleeping
12-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Last I checked cell phones will be illegal to talk on while your driving without a handset as of the first of jan.

actually no.

it becomes illegal the 1st of june 2008, and the fine is $20. and that is for having your cell phone in your hand while driving, not talking on it (though the intent is that if it's in your hand your either talking, texting, or using it to distract you in some other way, playing with ringers ect...)

And I guarantee you the SUV moms will complain as soon as the tickets start being issued, just as we do about tint and front plate laws. Personally I went and looked up the voting records of my representatives and used this topic to cast my votes in the most recent election. I absolutely hate the fact that these other non-necessary laws exist and so I'm adamantly against any other bullshit laws governing what I can and cannot do.

While I don't have facts to back me up on this, I'd be willing to bet more small cars are pulled over for window tint or front plate violations than the larger suv's. What I do know for a fact is on average more money is spent on modifying the larger cars than the smaller ones. now I don't know that that money is going to tint, but from my sampling around here it sure seems like it.

anyways I don't blame police for anything. when they are dicks being rude, mean, or threating, they deserve their badge pulled. I was in my roommate's evo when he got pulled over for 90 in a 55. the cop was insulting, venomous, and threatening. I've never been treated that way by the police (I also don't speed very often, I figure I break enough laws running a turbo on car that was n/a) but if that were to ever happen I would be on the phone with that officer's commander before his butt hit the seat in his patrol car.

lastly getting a carb eo number is not easy. and not even really tested. I work for a small tuner company Sport Compact Industries, and we've thought of making some of our parts carb legal. but between the time, and major money involved it's rediculus and no one's going to bother buying the product. Really just about any part can be made legal, all it takes is bunches of money to the state. Add to that that even those with carb eo numbers get sent to the ref and I really want to know what training gives the police the right to tell me anything about my car.

so lets recap. their are stupid laws on the book for no good reason that I can't do anything about (least not anything I already have done) and while cops aren't the problem, their reactions can be. The law is setup to be easy to break, and officers don't really know what they're talking about.

Personally I see that as a big right to bitch.

thisxguy
12-09-2006, 12:19 PM

actually no.

it becomes illegal the 1st of june 2008, and the fine is $20. and that is for having your cell phone in your hand while driving, not talking on it (though the intent is that if it's in your hand your either talking, texting, or using it to distract you in some other way, playing with ringers ect...)

And I guarantee you the SUV moms will complain as soon as the tickets start being issued, just as we do about tint and front plate laws. Personally I went and looked up the voting records of my representatives and used this topic to cast my votes in the most recent election. I absolutely hate the fact that these other non-necessary laws exist and so I'm adamantly against any other bullshit laws governing what I can and cannot do.

While I don't have facts to back me up on this, I'd be willing to bet more small cars are pulled over for window tint or front plate violations than the larger suv's. What I do know for a fact is on average more money is spent on modifying the larger cars than the smaller ones. now I don't know that that money is going to tint, but from my sampling around here it sure seems like it.

anyways I don't blame police for anything. when they are dicks being rude, mean, or threating, they deserve their badge pulled. I was in my roommate's evo when he got pulled over for 90 in a 55. the cop was insulting, venomous, and threatening. I've never been treated that way by the police (I also don't speed very often, I figure I break enough laws running a turbo on car that was n/a) but if that were to ever happen I would be on the phone with that officer's commander before his butt hit the seat in his patrol car.

lastly getting a carb eo number is not easy. and not even really tested. I work for a small tuner company Sport Compact Industries, and we've thought of making some of our parts carb legal. but between the time, and major money involved it's rediculus and no one's going to bother buying the product. Really just about any part can be made legal, all it takes is bunches of money to the state. Add to that that even those with carb eo numbers get sent to the ref and I really want to know what training gives the police the right to tell me anything about my car.

so lets recap. their are stupid laws on the book for no good reason that I can't do anything about (least not anything I already have done) and while cops aren't the problem, their reactions can be. The law is setup to be easy to break, and officers don't really know what they're talking about.

Personally I see that as a big right to bitch.

cell phone in your hand can give you a ticket?! wtf. so they consider it an intent to use it? which means that you cant have your cell phone in your hand and on speaker phone? they might as well make it illegal to use your phone at all while driving. an ear piece is just as distracting as holding it, using it, or using it with the speakerphone. and i cant wait to see all the "normal" people bitch about this law.

what about driving a vehicle that is CAPABLE of driving over the speed limit? they might as well give us as well as everyone else citations for intent to speed :idiot2:

i agree with sleeping that its not the cops the cops are not the problem and they're just doing their job. but there are cops that are biased and dont treat other with respect...those are the ones i hate...unforutnately, i've run into a good number of them (just about all the cops that have pulled me over, most of them in my BMW...but i noticed that cops pay more attention and try to bust me for something in my evo).

SpdyEvo02
12-09-2006, 07:15 PM
]

]

whats wrong with that?

I'm glad you asked. I think that a SUV is far more anti-social than a small ricer vehicle. It wastes gas, takes up tons of space, and usually the drivers arent paying attention and just creating a moving roadblock. Not to mention I LOVE getting blinded by the idiots that put superbrights on the vehicles. Usually the drivers of those vehicles are distracted and feel "safe" in such a large vehicle and so drive like asshats. Also I LOVE seeing 2-3 parking spaces used by one because some idiot cant drive this mammoth vehicle he decided his penis needed or a short girl needed to feel "safe".

Why should I be happy about something like that?

I personally believe people should have to have class B licenses for large vehicles and also have to test out at the DMV in these them. I also believe there should be a BIG tax on them for people to be driving solo in them. If you dont have to tow something, or carry a buttload of people in it, I dont see why you need it.

My car is HUGE compared to what my parents drove me and my sister around in, and we did just fine. If the Evo could possibly be a 2 door and be smaller I would wet my pants with happiness.

I really think a motorcycle is a far more socially responsible vehicle. Great gas mileage, low traffic footprint, and you can put 4 to a parking spot. Not to mention its performance is well above anything else for the cost. And yes I am buying another one soon. I encourage as many people to get one. Reduce gas usage, and reduce traffic.

well that exactly why i love driving around the H2. thats and it includes a pussy magnet (borat)

909Evo
12-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Did you seriously just say you were unjust harrased for doing 90 in a 55?

And thsixguy. Are we supposed to issue individual people special licenses that show how fast they are allowed to go, pull over 2k a people a day, and check them to see if they qualify?

Listen to yourselves.

240sxmonster
12-11-2006, 11:25 AM
LOL I agree with 909Evo!!

sleeping
12-11-2006, 08:20 PM
firstly I wasn't the one getting harrased, but I don't think the cop has the right to be vulgar ever. I don't care if it's 200 in a 55. just do your job and write the ticket, I don't need or want to hear bs about it.

240sxmonster
12-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Well if ur going over 100 it will ba a little more than a ticket and second your putting other peoples lives at risk when u drive like an idot. Just my 2 cents.

sleeping
12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
that's fine, he can take the car, write the ticket, and take me to jail, but he should be polite about it. this officer comes up to the car and says "I don't want to hear any bullshit sob story about why you were going that fast." Or something very close, and the rest of the traffic stop wasn't any kinder and included at one point the officer threatened "I could easily articulate this to make it look like reckless driving and have your car impounded for 30 days if I wanted to."

That's bullshit, if it was reckless driving then fine, if it wasn't stop threatening my friend, the fact that the officer says he car distort (synonym for articulate) the ticket is absurd. It should be cut and dry for them, after all they’re not public avengers, and they’re policing the very people who pay their wages. Just think of it this way, he may have been driving like an idiot, but do you get to yell at the stupid people you have to deal with at your job? I know I'm not allowed to.

Fortunately for the officer he pulled over my friend when he pulled that shit instead of me, or somebody would have been getting a talking too from their commander. (My aunt is also the local CHP captain, so I have always been able to talk to her about what to do if an officer is taking his job a bit to personal)

ernald711
12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
dustin, who's side are you on? lol

i know that they arent street legal because they dont have a carb number. but some mods wont really kill your emissions and you can pass smog. some things will even help you car perform better.

that was just my opinion and it seems fair....we have smog tests for a reason.

;) isn't this the sole reason of modifing.. to make the car perform better...

sleeping
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I think he meant will make your car better for the environment, like a cai for example, even the non-carb approved ones generally help improve your gas mileage by allowing your engine to run more efficiently, using less fuel, and the less fuel you use the less you can destroy the environment.

909Evo
12-13-2006, 11:29 AM
but do you get to yell at the stupid people you have to deal with at your job? I know I'm not allowed to.

As a matter of fact I yell at people all day long. While I'm not saying it was warranted in YOUR case (it probably wasn't) the vast majority of people I deal with on a daily basis ONLY comprehend yelling and cussing. I always ask someone politely the first time to do something, 80% of the time, it doesn't work. Its only after I say "Listen you stupid fuck, do what I tell you, when I tell you, or its gonna hurt like its never hurt before" is when I gain compliance....

Is it right the way you were treated? Nope. Do we have to do it, alot? Yup. When your having a bad day, your attitude towards people changes. Customer service slips from your mind. Should it? Not at all. But EVERYONE that I deal with, is having a bad day, and it does wear on you.

And I hate to say it, but in my mind, that cop told your friend nothing wrong. Granted he used the word bullshit.... But if he woulda just walked up and said "look i don't wanna hear any sob stories about how fast you were going" you wouldn't feel violated would you? Thats the thin line we walk every day. We have to read people, dozens of people, every day. He misjudged and he said the word bullshit..... I don't think the world stopped for a brief second.

x[corwyn]
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Damn. I think I'm just going to see about becoming a cop. Seriously.

I have people who get to shit on me all day, and I cant say boo back. I only hear from people when they have something break and somehow its my fault, or they need something put in and put in either at night or weekends and thats after my regular 8 hours a day, plus overtime for fixing shit. Unpaid overtime mind you. I would LOVE to curse at the dumbasses I deal with. Plus you get that fellow cop deal, and I can run tint, and anything I want on my car without issues. The perks ALONE are worth it. I think this ulcer I'm building up would be gone in a few days flat.

sleeping
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
909,I suppose that's true, being as I'm not a cop I can't really say what it would take to get through to people in that situation. Fortunatly at work I don't really care how people act, I just focus on doing my job and collect the check. But when I'm not being paid to take crap I don't, and I stopped listening to lectures from my parents long ago, I know the consequences, and sometimes it's worth it. Anyways though, every time I have been pulled over it has been a relativly plesent experience, even had one cop who let me play with his lidar (sp?) gun (btw it was a bitch to use, so how he got my speed with it, I'll never know)

909Evo
12-13-2006, 04:38 PM
]
I think this ulcer I'm building up would be gone in a few days flat.

You get ulcers from other things...

I.E. Is someone going to unexpectedly try to kill me? Even though I was defending myself, and that asshole really did deserve it, am i going to go to jail for my actions because society thinks I'm supposed to be more than human?

But yea, the perks do help out.... alot.

But for the same reason you wanna be a cop, is the same reason I envy sleeping. He can just ignore people, and collect his check. My job is to deal with the people that no one else wants to deal with, or is afraid to deal with.

I understand where everyone is coming from, and I don't always disagree. The reason why I voice my opinion on these boards so much is that I have met 90% of the people on here. Whenever I meet anyone on here, we always get along, we shoot the shit, talk about cars, and just generally become friendly. On these boards we are a big family, and that shows in our weekly meets. But yet I can come on here, and listen to those VERY SAME PEOPLE who are friendly to me assume that all cops are fucking pigs, and they wouldn't piss on fire to help me. It just disappoints me. It cracks me up to no end when I read somewhere on this board.... "Cops just pull us over cause they wish they could drive our cars" I wanna scream "Hey slap-dick, I DO, and I ride, so shove it!"

Well, that was a vent...

x[corwyn]
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
]
I think this ulcer I'm building up would be gone in a few days flat.

You get ulcers from other things...

I.E. Is someone going to unexpectedly try to kill me? Even though I was defending myself, and that asshole really did deserve it, am i going to go to jail for my actions because society thinks I'm supposed to be more than human?

But yea, the perks do help out.... alot.

But for the same reason you wanna be a cop, is the same reason I envy sleeping. He can just ignore people, and collect his check. My job is to deal with the people that no one else wants to deal with, or is afraid to deal with.

I understand where everyone is coming from, and I don't always disagree. The reason why I voice my opinion on these boards so much is that I have met 90% of the people on here. Whenever I meet anyone on here, we always get along, we shoot the shit, talk about cars, and just generally become friendly. On these boards we are a big family, and that shows in our weekly meets. But yet I can come on here, and listen to those VERY SAME PEOPLE who are friendly to me assume that all cops are fucking pigs, and they wouldn't piss on fire to help me. It just disappoints me. It cracks me up to no end when I read somewhere on this board.... "Cops just pull us over cause they wish they could drive our cars" I wanna scream "Hey slap-dick, I DO, and I ride, so shove it!"

Well, that was a vent...

Yes but lets face it. You are also a very SMALL minority in the police force. How many of them are the 'roided no neck assholes that get off on power trips? How many of those do we meet? I have met cool cops and even been pulled over by a few too. However most of my encounters leave me with a deep seated hatred, and complete head shaking at what we allow. Wolves guarding the henhouse in a lot of cases.

Granted I know my vision is still colored because of 2 big things. I skateboarded everywhere when I was in my teens to my mid 20s. Sometimes 15 miles each way. I got harassed A LOT when all I was trying to do was just get by and get home. I weighed about 145lbs in those days on my 6'2" frame. I also rode motorcycles for a long while, and some cops are really cool and are riders, but other cops are the biggest shits. I have had a couple write bogus tickets, and then lie in court about them. While in court it looks great for them, we still remember and we despise them for that. And the officers dont really give a damn, but joke and laugh about how they just shit on some poor guy and the expression on his face. Our guards and protectors are also our enemies.

Now I have a car that is more high profile and I get pulled over quite a bit. I see other cars with more BS but are driving with more expensive labels and so are ignored. How do you respect and like people like that? You cant and you dont. And the thing is I always vote against any measure and action to help enforcement of vehicles and getting more officers.

Now my 2nd thing I saw that forever colored my view was the HB Riots back in the 90s. The police went way over the top. They crossed a line and the city covered it up. I was there though, I saw what I saw, and still cant believe that all those officers were allowed to stay. The innocent and the defenseless were attacked in their own lawns and were set upon before they had a clue what was going on. Just trying to enjoy a July4th in the front of their yards doing nothing illegal. All in response to a few drunk teens several streets down. The cops had their egos bruised and they went for revenge.