PDA

View Full Version : SpeedtrialUSA !!Jan 7th 2007, sunday!! WSIR Big Track

GoneIn420
12-06-2006, 09:04 PM
SpeedtrialUSA is having an event at the BIG track at the WSIR, not the normal small SoW.Â* Jan 7th 2007, sunday, $140 for just the one day.Â* Should be great fun, my father and I will be there in his Porsche and my '05 WW Evo.Â* Sign up soon as it may sell out, we need an armada of Evo's to whoop on my dad's Porsche, peace.

Edit: Since you fags don't really want to drive your Evo, just show up on Sunday and lets have some fun.

evobeaner
12-06-2006, 09:05 PM
what kind does he have?

GoneIn420
12-06-2006, 09:25 PM
what kind does he have?

Just a Boxster S, still pretty quick but no match for my Evo, peace.

speedform
12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
I'll be there....wearing a snow suit. It's frickin' freezin' out there in January!

j_nizzle
12-06-2006, 11:39 PM
when's the last day to register at that price?

im still waiting on money for a good suspension setup.

ryan0
12-07-2006, 08:25 AM
an event at the BIG track at the SOW(Streets of Willow)

wow.. thats confusing.

GokuSSJ4
12-07-2006, 09:59 AM

wow.. thats confusing.

maybe he ment not HTM instead SoW (aka i guess big track LOL

trannb
12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
They're running WSIR

speedform
12-07-2006, 04:09 PM

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/index1.html

tanK
12-07-2006, 05:54 PM

wow.. thats confusing.

HTM is actually smaller than SoW... I do believe its WSIR

Barfly
12-07-2006, 06:33 PM
There are 3 tracks, plus a smaller karting track.

SOW = streets
HTM = horse thief mile
WSIR = big track

tanK
12-07-2006, 06:34 PM
http://www.speedtrialusa.com/bigwillow/trackmap.gif

Its WSIR

Barfly
12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
The big track and sow are highlighted. Horse thief mile is to the left of streets on the map below:

GoneIn420
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM

wow.. thats confusing.

Same place, at least you know how to get there, lets have some fun, late.

leaveit2bevo
12-09-2006, 10:45 PM
so wait which is it?

Miss Evo8
12-09-2006, 10:52 PM

Just go damn it and stop making excuses! The Evo is an excellent car right out of the box! I promise you will have soooo much fun..even if you are on stock suspension!!! O0

speedform
12-12-2006, 06:11 PM

Just go damn it and stop making excuses! The Evo is an excellent car right out of the box! I promise you will have soooo much fun..even if you are on stock suspension!!! O0

agreed. Stock suspension works great! No need to change a thing, except maybe the rear swaybar.

Bueller
12-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Some of you people confuse me. Ive met dozens upon dozens of people who have a gazillion mods and have yet to step foot on a track. :idiot2: All they ever say is, well once i mod my brakes, as soon as i mod my suspension, as soon as i install my stage 6 turbo/cams/stickers, as soon as i get my race wing... :? I think thats the most :uglystupid2: way to go about it. Im done. :2funny: :twisted: :roll: :angel:

Siyah
12-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Speedform is right....stock suspension on the Evo, actually everything stock on the Evo is good enough for track.... once u move up in the group's and u have learned the car u can start modifying....
But not having mods is no excuse for not coming to the track... O0

Siyah

Miss Evo8
12-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Some of you people confuse me.Â* Ive met dozens upon dozens of people who have a gazillion mods and have yet to step foot on a track. :idiot2:Â* All they ever say is, well once i mod my brakes, as soon as i mod my suspension, as soon as i install my stage 6 turbo/cams/stickers, as soon as i get my race wing... :?Â* I think thats the mostÂ* :uglystupid2: way to go about it.Â* Im done.Â* Â*:2funny: :twisted: :roll: :angel:

agreed... just track the damn car already! who cares if you dont have your JDM aero big brake kit super flow wing on?

boostin_terrier
12-12-2006, 10:21 PM

i can attest to this....just upgrade your brake lines/pads.....

Evo8supercar
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Be carfull first timers, that's how it starts. You go to the track for the 1st time and you catch a bug and from that point on be prepare to spend lots of $$$$ If you don't have lot's of money the longer you stay out of it the better. I used to think the opposite and encourage every one to go at the track but now I thing different, because going for three years now can truly tell what will happen if you get addicted.

My2cents

boostin_terrier
12-12-2006, 11:37 PM
everyone needs a hobby!

Bueller
12-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Be carfull first timers, that's how it starts. You go to the track for the 1st time and you catch a bug and from that point on be prepare to spend lots of $$$$ If you don't have lot's of money the longer you stay out of it the better. I used to think the opposite and encourage every one to go at the track but now I thing different, because going for three years now can truly tell what will happen if you get addicted.

My2cents

Jake, youre just jealous cause these girls can drive better than you :-P...jk man. :angel: BTW, you have PM. O0

Evo8supercar
12-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Maybe, But I have the fastest car LOL.

Miss Evo8
12-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Maybe, But I have the fastest car LOL.

Says who?

GokuSSJ4
12-13-2006, 12:39 AM

My2cents

Jake, youre just jealous cause these girls can drive better than you :-P...jk man. :angel: BTW, you have PM. O0
so true ! LOL they will whoop his ass! LOL

Evo8supercar
12-28-2006, 10:12 PM
If you don't believe me about my car Ask Aaron SP or Robi

speedform
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
So I guess anyone going will be getting A LOT of track time. Speedtrial cancelled one of the run groups (intermediate 2) so if your a beginner, intermediate or advanced level driver, be prepared to go through a lot of gas! ;)

see ya there!

yooyooyoo
01-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey evo8supercar, you going? I signed up, I'll be there with your old rims and a fresh set of nt-01s. I can attest your car is fast, even though I only drove it a bit on the streets. and the handling is pretty unreal. and I'd imagine the 275s at speed would be pretty amazing. And...

I'm just a noobie but I started tracking on the stock suspension/stock tires/stock everything. Now I'm mostly stock with a ecu flash and exhaust/coils. All I can say is "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

It is kind addictive though. See you all there!

speedform
01-05-2007, 12:01 AM
yooyooyoo...I don't think he's going but you never know. With enough prodding he might change his mind. Just call him names! ;)

yooyooyoo
01-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Did anyone end up going to this thing? How'd u all like it?

I was running advanced group, graphite gray evo non-mr. For those of you that didn't go, a beautiful black Porsche GT3 with 500 miles on it spun out in the first advanced session of the day and a$$-slapped a wall. Pretty ugly marks on such a beautiful car.

Seemed like that was happening all day in that group, a car goes down and the session ended early. A pretty fixed up white evo looks like it blew a tire and spun out or spun out and blew a tire, a white mustang gt with nasa stickers broke down among others.

I think speedtrials did a good job with the beginners though. My friend brought his completely stock civic out there on stock tires and had an absolute blast. They did this peripheral vision formation driving that I'd never seen before. Plus they had like 16 instructors there.

Folks running the event were pretty nice and it was fairly well organized.

Timing would have been nice and a smidge more run time would have also been pretty cool. All in all not bad.

speedform
01-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Pics from the event.

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/index1.html