PDA

View Full Version : dryad001 from evom succesfully runs blowthrough

trinydex
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
This is just a quick thread of my most recent mod and will have a full write up in a few days.Â* I just got done with the install and fired the car up with some minor tweaking to the translator box.

This is the translator I used:
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=050EVOTRANS

The GM MAF I used is a descreened ported 3" MAF off of any LT1 era engine.
Blowthrough piping is from Dejon-tool
Intake is a modified Dejontool 2g 4" intake

I would like to say on how easy the install is.Â* It took my roommate and myself about 1.5 hours to dismantle the old piping and and install the new set-up.Â* I did a rough tune to get the car to stay running and ideling somewhat perfect, trims are in check with a few clicks of the adjustment knobs on the translator box although they are on the lean side for now I can readjust my Ecu map to compensate for the rest and will leave that up to Jestr when he comes over to fully tune the car.

The down side to the install was that i waited far too long to install it since there were a few of you out there that contacted me on this and put it off.Â* Also the hardest part is trying to find a place to mount the translator box and will be fabbing up a bracket to hold it next to the battery.

Once again I will have photos and a basic how-to first off then a final review of the entire system with dyno charts after Jestr gets done with tuning.

First off i would like to thank Scott over at TTP for selling this product, always top notch service and parts at a more than reasonable price.Â* Secondly John at Jestr tuning to tell me to get off my dead ass and install it.

Some pics added:
Sorry for the messy wiring job.Â* I didnt want to do a neat install just to have it not work.Â* The final look will be much more clean, along with the translator box mounted on it's own bracket coming off of the battery tray.Â* Here's the basic idea.

trinydex
12-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Nice job.. I've been running a similar setup for years.. The issues your describing are due to the adjustment on the unit..

You need to log idle and cruise MAF curve on the stock sensor, then a few pulls to establish the shape of the curve.. then you can make the appropriate adjustments on the MAFT..

Idle frequency should be around 30-39hz 18psi WOT Pull on a stock turbo should be about 1600hz at peak torque.. It took about 2 weeks adjusting my setup to get it dialed in.. But it was well worth the effort..

I'm in the process of switching over to a GM sensor since the old setup I'm using, and the new owners/distributors of proflow, have not been able to get me new hardware in a reasonable time. In my case I'm using the integrated translator in the ECU+

A blowthrough setup removes the ONLY disadvantage of the stock ECU, which is being married to the stock MAF (though that may change soon enough as more research is done on the stock ECU's rom)

silex
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I ran into that thread. Still don't see why prople bother. Either deal with the stock maf or just get rid of it. An all or anything approach.

BMan
12-12-2006, 01:05 AM
I ran into that thread. Still don't see why prople bother. Either deal with the stock maf or just get rid of it. An all or anything approach.

The reason is to increase airflow while maintaining OBDII compliance. In NY and NJ they aren't as picky about what you do under the hood if it meets the smog laws and is still quiet.