PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming taking effect, its happening already!!!!

Jaeyuna
12-14-2006, 10:54 AM
global warming :buck2:
http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/26/global_warming

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061213/ap_on_...phin_extinction

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061213/sc_nm/...in_housing_dc_1

What do you guys think?

Terenus
12-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Have you not notice all the global warming threads in this section?

Terry S
12-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Anthropogenic global warming is like god. Impossible to prove, hotly debated, & easily dismissable based on observable evidence.

Terry S

Jaeyuna
12-14-2006, 11:37 AM

no, not really! I just joined the forum 2 weeks ago. I thought this video was interesting, so im just sharing with you guys

Terenus
12-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I guess Trinydex haven't talked to you yet.

Blaze
12-14-2006, 01:02 PM

Should we merge them? :lol:

Terenus
12-14-2006, 02:27 PM
We as in you, then yes.

trinydex
12-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Anthropogenic global warming is like god. Impossible to prove, hotly debated, & easily dismissable based on observable evidence.

Terry S
once again... global warming is a fact. whether or not that's why the glaciers are melting and if all that al gore shit is gonna happen is the debate. NOT THE FACT THAT IT EXISTS.

no moderating!!! hahaha

I guess Trinydex haven't talked to you yet.
i actually have talked to him... just not about searching hahaha. actually most noobs contact me within a week of signing up hahaha.

Granny Shifter
12-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I personally don't give a shit about global warming. As long as it doesn't happen in my lifetime. Yup, it is selfish.

Blaze
12-16-2006, 12:37 AM
no moderating!!! hahaha

I've been P0ned!

Mokaone
12-16-2006, 12:59 AM
we should be more concerned about manpigbear

Ricardon
12-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Yep, there's global warming alright.

And nope, not even a traceable amount is happening from any process even remotely attributable to human beings. End of story.

Terry S
12-18-2006, 08:42 AM

Terry S

once again... global warming is a fact. whether or not that's why the glaciers are melting and if all that al gore shit is gonna happen is the debate. NOT THE FACT THAT IT EXISTS.

Note I said anthropological.

Terry S

trinydex
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM

Terry S

Terry S
it still exists even if it is man made, the consequences and how big the consequences will be is the debate.

it's impossible to ignore that we put a ton of co2 open loop back into the atmosphere. it's undeniable that co2 will have an effect on the green house gas effect. those are facts.

now i don't care to talk about the "beliefs" in how severe those effects are.

Terry S
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM

Terry S

Terry S
it still exists even if it is man made, the consequences and how big the consequences will be is the debate.

it's impossible to ignore that we put a ton of co2 open loop back into the atmosphere. it's undeniable that co2 will have an effect on the green house gas effect. those are facts.

now i don't care to talk about the "beliefs" in how severe those effects are.

Again, i'm saying that the evidence points to us not being a significant contributing factor to the "greenhouse effect".

Terry S

trinydex
12-21-2006, 07:28 PM
the evidence can't say either. if you can't simulate all the variables for water vapor and co2 simultaneously then you can't simulate proof for either contribution.

Terry S
12-22-2006, 09:40 AM
the evidence can't say either. if you can't simulate all the variables for water vapor and co2 simultaneously then you can't simulate proof for either contribution.

Exactly. Which is why there is so much dissent among the scientific community, even thought the press makes it look to be otherwise thanks to the quoting of like the same 3 scientists over and over...

One thing we can measure though is how much we "pollute" which is a whole heaping buttload less than what nature does to itself.

Terry S

trinydex
12-22-2006, 10:53 AM
i guess i'm wondering where nature unclosed loops it's carbon cycle...

Ricardon
12-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh nobody is arguing whether or not we as human beings pollute or not. We pollute and we pollute a "lot". The problem with people freaking out about global warming and greenhouse gasses and such is the fact that ALL of the data clearly shows that we are such an insignificant part of the equation. Now I know that it's not in our nature as human beings, being the "dominant" species tha we are, to easily come to grips with the fact that we are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. We don't run things here, as much as we would love to think that we are the center of the universe and all. The data, all of the data, shows that if we were to absolutely disappear from the planet...today...the earth would not even miss us for a half second and it would continue on the exact same course it is on now. A climate shift is totally inevitable, and there is nothing we can do to effect it, positively or negatively. I always lol at the folks that say otherwise. Que the fight club quotes now!!

Terry S
12-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh nobody is arguing whether or not we as human beings pollute or not. We pollute and we pollute a "lot". The problem with people freaking out about global warming and greenhouse gasses and such is the fact that ALL of the data clearly shows that we are such an insignificant part of the equation. Now I know that it's not in our nature as human beings, being the "dominant" species tha we are, to easily come to grips with the fact that we are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. We don't run things here, as much as we would love to think that we are the center of the universe and all. The data, all of the data, shows that if we were to absolutely disappear from the planet...today...the earth would not even miss us for a half second and it would continue on the exact same course it is on now. A climate shift is totally inevitable, and there is nothing we can do to effect it, positively or negatively. I always lol at the folks that say otherwise. Que the fight club quotes now!!

+1 for the reiteration.

Terry S