PDA

View Full Version : Clarifications on modified exhaust tikets.

Granny Shifter
12-16-2006, 10:16 PM
So my bro happened to get pulled over with my car just casually driving. The cop gives him a modified exhaust ticket. I happen to have a Stage 1+ with straight 272's. Now, would I have to revert to stock to pass their inspection? I would have to take off my headers for sure now. If they have me turn on the car, wouldn't they hear the loby noise and cite me for more? I'm really stressing out from this. Thanks.

speedracer2169
12-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Well he can probably just plead not guilty or no contest. It wasn't his car. He can plead no contest on the grounds that the car isn't his and the judge might dismiss it. What kind of exhaust is it?

fusionchicken
12-17-2006, 12:36 PM
invida tbe with tp IIRC. good luck kevin...

fusionchicken
12-24-2006, 05:25 AM
any updates kevin? hope everything went well

Granny Shifter
12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks alot Christian. I haven't really looked into it. I'll probably just put the full stock exhaust on and get away with it. I'm gonna remove the headers though.

wj4
12-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I would have to take off my headers for sure now.
Your car has more than one header?? :angel:

A local socalevo member got sent to a ref a while back. He took off the downpipe, test pipe, catback, and boost controller...just let it run off the wastegate. He retuned the s-afc on his car and his car passed with 272/272 cams.

Granny Shifter
12-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Lol, pardon my grammatical error. It's not a ref ticket. I just want the header out of the car cause it is the only shiny thing under the hood.

Granny Shifter
12-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Is it possible to just pay a fee instead of removing everything? If my brother pleads not guilty, can he write a TBD? He's 16.

The Emperor
01-02-2007, 02:42 AM
just pay it.

dont even get the ticket signed off.

the court said to me that they have changed the law for the exhaust. so the exhaust ticket is a "NON-CORRECTABLE" ticket. even if it states correctable on it.

GOODLUCK buddy...i have jury duty to take care of..and a speeding ticket. DAMN!

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2007, 02:08 PM
just pay it.

dont even get the ticket signed off.

the court said to me that they have changed the law for the exhaust. so the exhaust ticket is a "NON-CORRECTABLE" ticket. even if it states correctable on it.

GOODLUCK buddy...i have jury duty to take care of..and a speeding ticket. DAMN!

theres 2 ways about it!
back in the day, you could get it sign off by CHP or Sheriff dept. pay a 10.00 fee at the court and it was a done deal.
now either you go to a ref station (smog check ) and prove that the car is within the smog regulations. You can show this as a proof to the judge with a certificate and clear the ticket. Or you can just pay the fee (first time i believe is somewhere in the 60.00 range) keep in mind though, if you keep getting caught with modify tickets, the court does keep a record and the fine eventually will start to increase every single time...

Granny Shifter
01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks alot. I think I'll just pay the $60 fee.

GokuSSJ4
01-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks alot. I think I'll just pay the $60 fee.
yeah that always seems to be the easiest thing to do LOL

Granny Shifter
02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Can someone show me a link to where this new law is to pay off the exhaust ticket and the law is uncorrectable? I need this done soon.

nine
02-02-2007, 02:01 PM
:smitten:

nine
05-16-2007, 08:18 PM
CAN I JUST SEND A $60 CHECK ??? HELP!!!! ON NOTICE ITS READ'S! : THE VIOLATION MAY BE SETTLED BY POSTING $10:00 AND PRESENTING THE APPROVED PROOF OF CORRECTION TO THE COURT. :'( I'm sad . CAN I JUST SEND THEM A $60 CHECK ?? AND PRAY IT WILL WORK?

bash
05-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Just go to the courthouse and go to the teller window and say what is the " Bail amount " good luck man!

Granny Shifter
05-16-2007, 11:39 PM
thanks, but sorry for not updating it. the cop never inputted it in the computer, so it never went through.

Blak94GSX
05-17-2007, 01:23 AM
They aren't going to smog it. The ticket is for the exhaust noise, nothing else. Put the stock catback on it and take it to an exhaust ref to have it checked for noise level. Then take that certificate and the ticket to the court and pay the $10.

The only time you need to soil yourself and send the hookers home early is when you get a smog ref ticket. For that you'll need to make the car pretty stock for the inspection, and even then, MOST of the time you can just pay the fine and leave the car the fully modded and killing birds with all the pollution.

boostinbyyou
05-17-2007, 01:33 AM
i have posted many times on the smog ref subject...

i think this thread is dead...and the ticket is over...

im almost finished with my ref smog....

*really stock* is the best way to put it...

nine
05-17-2007, 09:03 AM
CANT I JUST TAKE THE EVO TO A CHP STATION PUT STOCK TBE SHOW THE CHP MAN THE STOCK TBE, THEN SIGNS OFF THE TICKET?

JUST LIKE WHEN I GOT A NO FRONT PLATE TICKET HE DIDN'T EVEN CHECK I WANNA GO THERE 8) OR DO I NEED TO CALL A #1 REF WAIT FOR APP AND THEN GO TO COURT? WTFBBQ! CANT A CHP MAN SIGN MY TICKET OFF AND I'M SET?

THATS WHAT THE LAPD MAN TOLD ME , He said "Just put your old exhaust on and get it singed off by an officer and your set" Not Ref he said an Officer of the Law! :police:

I'm putting my stock exhaust this Saturday then I'm driving that bi-sh to the CHP on Monday. :oops:

G20
05-17-2007, 09:34 AM
no! you can't go to a PD/CHP office to have it sign off anymore. call the court, the number should be somewhere on the ticket, and ask for the price if you just want to pay.

boostinbyyou
05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
not if its emmisions..

does it say 156 as the last numbers on the citation...

if so....its a smog...

then you must go back to stock....even my boost guage had to come out...

nine
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Violation : 27151 (A)VC- MODIFIED EXHAUST SYSTEM :laugh:

CAN I JUST SEND LIKE A $80 CHECK AND THEY KEEP THE REST ?

Thanks Guys

REP+++

nine
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
27150(a,b)

Adequate Muffler Required to Be Properly Maintained : Certifying Agency :Sheriff

Its reads they can check for a 27150(a,b) violations

DMV site reads 27151 and 27150 are the same so maybe I can just go to the Sheriff station and get it singed off :?

datwrx says:

"You just need to put back your exhaust and show it to the chp. Then they will sign it off and they charge you 10 dollars. Lucky it's not a fine. When they fine you for your exhaust you have to fix it and pay a fine.
Scares the **** out of me whenever I see a cop. I normally pull over first if I can and get out my car. That's if he's not on my ass already."

boostinbyyou
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
NO....

make an appt. with a state certified ref. for a *sound test*...

it is free if you have this code...

if it passed your cool....FOREVER...

if not, then put your stock exhaust back on to get it signed of at the CHP....

still 10$ fix it ticket...

been there, done that!!! x5....

nine
05-17-2007, 03:07 PM
:2funny: I'm sorry I'm a big dummy

I know I wont pass with my setup I have Headers, Bush O2, Bush intake and Bush TBE.

So If I put my Stock Air Box and OEM Turbo back Exhaust I can get it singed off without going to the REF? :twisted:

boostinbyyou
05-17-2007, 03:37 PM
if you take off the headers.maybe o2.intake....you might pass...

if you pass remember....FO LIFE.....

it is worth it...

you can put the mods back on...then roll with the sticker they give you...

any stops....show them the sticker...you are all good....

but if you dont have an AEM intake*legal*...

and you have headers*none legal for evo*...

they will send you anyways....

up to you....

nine
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
THANKS FOR THE HELP boostinbyyou ! :smitten: Ill buy you an Applebees gift card and socalevo.net decal when I pass!

socalevo FTW! O0

Rep+++

Thanks yo!

boostinbyyou
05-17-2007, 08:18 PM
im only speaking from all the headaches ive had doing the same thing....

and i have a ref. smog right now im tryin to finish...

good luck...