PDA

View Full Version : Pure Power: Post modifications you've done to your Evo and the gains it made

Smogrunner
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
The title of the thread is pretty much self explanatory. My top priorty is too make sure people do not exaggerate. If anything, err on the side of modesty. Please be thorough and don't forget to mention what type of fuel you were running. If you were were dynoed at TTech but tuned by another tuner, feel free to post up your results as well. I'll be adding a lot of dyno graphs to this thread as we go.

For reference, below are TYPICAL (not highest or lowest) dyno graphs of stock Evos.
Stock '03 and '04 VIII graph: (still needed, post your first name, last initial and I find it and post it from the TTech data base)

Stock '05 VIII graph: Owner is/was Gary N. (If you know who this is, please verify for me):
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10300/normal_Evo8%20GaryN%2012-04%20%28bone%20stock%2005%29.jpg

Stock '06 Evo IX (owner Skiracer):
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/IX%20Dyno.jpg

Skiracer
12-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Stock IX graph dyno'd at Tuning Tech
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/IX%20Dyno.jpg

DrMerl
12-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Just got my IX redone last night, awesome gains in torque and drivability. Alfred might get a chance to put up my dyno chart soon.
My Evo was one of the first IX's that Alfred got his hands on for reflashing. It put down stock whp on par with the rest.

Stock: 267whp 253 lb/ft - 91oct

Ex Mag 3" cat back, Megan resonated TP, Perrin 3" DP, Walbro, K&N Drop in, Halman MBC at 1.5bar (stock gauge), 91 oct Mobil fuel:
300whp 282 lb/ft

Last night -
All the above plus Invidia O2 housing, wrapped the DP, AMS LICP, MBC at 1.5-1.7bar, Chevron 91 oct
314whp 327 lb/ft

THE biggest gain came from spool up, this turbo loves pressure differential it seems =) Area under the curve from 2.5 o 5K plus rpm is massive! The car feels "light" again with all the extra torque, easier to stay out of boost, boost builds noticeably quicker, 6th gear at 60+ has torque everywhere, no need to shift at all to enjoy the torque. I get to 200 lb/ft about 250rpm sooner and stay over it at 7K rpm 500 rpm longer, but basically torque is improved from 5lb/ft to 70lb/ft across the board. As a result HP increases nicely in the same way. Also at the OEM cam death-line of 7K these mods help hold 20-30 more whp than before...very nice if you ask me.

Wrapping the DP won on several fronts - less noise in cabin (big plus, this Ex Mag does a wonderful job keeping things drone free even with no kitty), oil temps PLUMMETED! I "gained" at least 3-7 deg headroom in oil temps at cruise and wot, IIRC wrap keeps heat in the downpipe moving - perhaps the last little bits of torque could be from more efficient exhaust extraction. I'll give this DP about a year before it starts to break down (the extra heat messes with the stainless, need like 321 for it to stand up I think) and crack.

I'm going for a drive =)

blkside
12-23-2006, 09:29 AM
RMR Catback
Espelir DP
K&N Drop In
Ebay Resonated Test pipe
MBC set @ 23lbs (93 Oct)
Waiting to bring the car back to be tuned....

Seat of pants...much quicker spool..harder pulling and only an occasional *1* or *2* knocks in only a few places....

CICreations
12-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Just got my IX redone last night, awesome gains in torque and drivability. Alfred might get a chance to put up my dyno chart soon.
My Evo was one of the first IX's that Alfred got his hands on for reflashing. It put down stock whp on par with the rest.

Stock: 267whp 253 lb/ft - 91oct

Ex Mag 3" cat back, Megan resonated TP, Perrin 3" DP, Walbro, K&N Drop in, Halman MBC at 1.5bar (stock gauge), 91 oct Mobil fuel:
300whp 282 lb/ft

Last night -
All the above plus Invidia O2 housing, wrapped the DP, AMS LICP, MBC at 1.5-1.7bar, Chevron 91 oct
314whp 327 lb/ft

THE biggest gain came from spool up, this turbo loves pressure differential it seems =) Area under the curve from 2.5 o 5K plus rpm is massive! The car feels "light" again with all the extra torque, easier to stay out of boost, boost builds noticeably quicker, 6th gear at 60+ has torque everywhere, no need to shift at all to enjoy the torque. I get to 200 lb/ft about 250rpm sooner and stay over it at 7K rpm 500 rpm longer, but basically torque is improved from 5lb/ft to 70lb/ft across the board. As a result HP increases nicely in the same way. Also at the OEM cam death-line of 7K these mods help hold 20-30 more whp than before...very nice if you ask me.

Wrapping the DP won on several fronts - less noise in cabin (big plus, this Ex Mag does a wonderful job keeping things drone free even with no kitty), oil temps PLUMMETED! I "gained" at least 3-7 deg headroom in oil temps at cruise and wot, IIRC wrap keeps heat in the downpipe moving - perhaps the last little bits of torque could be from more efficient exhaust extraction. I'll give this DP about a year before it starts to break down (the extra heat messes with the stainless, need like 321 for it to stand up I think) and crack.

I'm going for a drive =)

Good stuff man. What flash did they use on your ECU. Do you think that getting the DP coated would be as good or even better then wrapping?

DrMerl
12-24-2006, 10:12 AM
TT used the regular ECUFlash, Alfred updated mine to match his experience so far (he's gotten much better in just a few months, getting faster too =). A properly coated DP would last much longer IMO, probably nothing noticeably different as far as insulation effect, you gain neatness, longevity and fewer things to fail. I'll do this when the Perrin rots out. I'm not totally happy with that DP, they used a two piece design (using a pre-made flange/bend) - inside the pipe the mating is not flush, there's a silly lip (one pipe slip fits into the other, they did it the wrong way) in there that is going to cause swirl and turbulence - it's sloppy and just adds another unknown into the system.

smokinevo9
12-24-2006, 10:50 AM
nothing :2funny:

bash
01-20-2007, 12:57 AM
2005 Evo 8 GSR

K&N Drop In
Samco Intercooler Hoses
Samco Radiator Hoses
PWR - 57mm Racing Radiator
Megan Racing Exhaust Manifold / Headers
Megan o2 Housing
Espelir DP
XS Engineering Cat Delete
XS Engineering FMIC - Stock piping
RRE - Stealth Exhaust
Walbro 255 lph
RRE - MBC

Tuning Technologies Custom Flash = 307 AWHP

Epicurean
01-20-2007, 01:26 AM
car wasnt tuned by alfred though

Epicurean
01-20-2007, 01:28 AM
2006 Evo IX GSR

Espelir Dp
Aspec Ti testpipe
Greddy Ti Catback
Dejon MBC
megan o2 housing
k&n drop in filter
Walbro fuel pump

305/277 dr. gray tune

Smogrunner
01-20-2007, 09:12 AM
2006 Evo IX GSR

Espelir Dp
Aspec Ti testpipe
Greddy Ti Catback
Dejon MBC
megan o2 housing
k&n drop in filter
Walbro fuel pump

305/277 dr. gray tune

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to hang out in here and chat as much as you want. Where was your car dynoed?

bash
01-20-2007, 10:12 AM
quote : car wasnt tuned by alfred though

yes it was, yesterday

Alfred@TTech
01-20-2007, 10:43 AM
I think Epicurean is saying that I didnt tune HIS car not yours Mr. BASH. And yes, your cars powerband kicked ass for no camshafts.

Alfred

flipbboy03
01-20-2007, 10:55 AM
shell 91 octane
Razo rareview mirror
squash scent
and my license plate numbers juz came!!! :smitten:

bleublaze55
01-20-2007, 11:29 AM
all the parts listed below. i haven't gotten the chance to put it on a dyno, but by accel times and other estimates, I am thinking/HOPING its around 300whp.

reglaranang
01-20-2007, 11:50 PM
tomei O2 sensor housing and dp
fujitsubo RMO1A catback exhaust and a helix hfc
stock Evo 8 turbo w/10.5 Hot side
Helix High flow cat
Arc Intake Box
Dejon Tool intake pipe
Turbo XS intercooler
Greddy Upper intercooler piping
Helix Lower intercooler piping
Buddy Club Cams 264/272 w/ HKS Cam Gears
Ralli Art Plug Wires
Splitfire Bridge
SARD 265 lph fuel pump
SARD/Denso injectors 700cc
Apexi AVCR
JDM MR BOV
ECUTEK by Paul @ EIP in San Jose on a Mustang Dyno
91 oct.
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10203/normal_Scan10004.jpg
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10203/normal_Scan10005.jpg

GokuSSJ4
01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Alfred did a base flash as a start and the car made 300whp, the rest of the results were all to his mad custom tuning skils
IX evo
Turbo back (apexi Ti)
MBC
Fuel pump
and Tune By alfred
323/323whp on 91 octane
next things to be done 02 housing, cams, headwork and more tuning :)

tommygun
01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
the car made 374awhp and 336tq on 91 octane on ECUflash

Full Race w/Percision gt3076rle w/44mm tial wastegate vta!
( big gains hp and tq loss of spool at first)

hks272 cams w/aem trutimegears

Race Head 3anglevalves port and polish works ti v-springs and retainers
( huge difference between stock and race faster spool and more boost highly reccomend)

percision 780 injectors walbro 255fp

XSengineering fmic
( noticed loss of spool with stock turbo but better gains top end )

ams upper ic w/50mm tial
rnr lower ic
act HD clutch
TT s intake (sweet)

the car made 374awhp and 336tq on 91 octane on ECUflash
the tune made the most power for the car overall and i havent had time to get the dyno graph so smoggy or whoever could track it down a tt and send it to me i'll post it up

yeloevo8
01-25-2007, 01:37 PM
03 evo mods are

meagan headers
ebay o2
10.5 hs
magnaflo ti exhaust
bc 272's
720 inj
arp headstuds
horsepower freaks licp
k an n drop in filter
helix cam gears, set at 0
rnr intercooler

91 oct. 318whp/328 t :?
100oct.Â* 367whp/360tÂ* tunned by alfred at tunning tech. :coolsmiley:
all i can say is its real fun to drive. :D next to come is his gt3076 turbo kit :smitten: