PDA

View Full Version : alarm hook up question

OLIVER IX
12-22-2006, 11:25 PM
any one know where the starter kill wire from the alarm connects to?

compustar alarm, its been a while since i installed this thing. thanks

ultraflip
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
lemme get a crack at this one more time...

Starter Wire (On Board Relay)

Connect the Starter Wire to the vehicle Starter Wire coming off of the ignition key switch in the steering column area. This wire will read +12V with a meter in the start position only. Note: When using the Starter Disable Relay attach the Starter Wire to starter side of the vehicles cut starter wire.

Ignition (On Board Relay)

Connect the Ignition wire to the vehicle Ignition 1 wire coming off of the key switch behind the steering column. This wire will read +12V on the test meter in the run and start position, but is off in the lock/off and accessory position.

Accessory (On Board Relay)

Connect the Accessory wire to the vehicle accessory wire coming off of the key switch behind the steering column area. This wire will read +12V on the test meter in the run and accessory position, but is off in the start and off position.

(-) Starter Kill

The (-) Starter Kill wire is a negative output to control an external Starter Kill relay. The Starter Kill connects to Pin 86 of the pre wired Starter Kill relay harness. When using the pre-wired harness with the supplied 30 Amp relay the connections are as follows:

Pin 85 To Vehicle ignition wire (shows 12 volts in crank & run)

Pin 86 Yellow (-) Starter Kill wire

Pin 30 To one side of cut vehicle starter wire

Pin 87a To other side of the cut vehicle starter wire

TYPICAL STARTER KILL WIRING
http://www.commandoalarms.com/Image8.gif

OLIVER IX
12-26-2006, 06:14 PM
thx flip mode. ill try it here in a few. or i might go stalk u n have you put it in lol

ultraflip
12-28-2006, 10:17 PM
it works dude... i jus looked at all my shxt... n that's pretty much it

OLIVER IX
01-25-2007, 05:50 PM
ok i did it and it works! thx flip mode

nicklulu
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
which model are you installing?

OLIVER IX
01-25-2007, 07:59 PM
i installed a compustar

nicklulu
01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
is that the one with the remote start? did you install it on your Evo?

OLIVER IX
01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
is that the one with the remote start? did you install it on your Evo?
yea its got the remote start but i didnt instal that, i need the immobilizer to have it remote start

ultraflip
01-30-2007, 09:53 AM
you suck at life... finish the install... oh... and because it works... i own your soul

OLIVER IX
01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
you suck at life... finish the install... oh... and because it works... i own your soul

choke ur self hahah