PDA

View Full Version : help with violation?

ohhgyeahfasho
12-23-2006, 08:52 PM
well, my friend got caught by the cops yesterday at south coast. :buck2: he got 3 tickets, "blocking the instersection", "14603-disobedience of license restriction" and "no proof of insurance". he's dumb enough to have passengers and still has license restrictions because hes only 17. he was asking me how much the tickets will be and what should he do, but due to my lack of experience in this matter i was not able to give him an answer. this is why i posted this on here and am asking you guys. he wants to know how much 'the blocking the intersection ticket' is for(counted as a parking violation), and the '14603 - disobedience of license restriction ticket' is for(he knows its 1point towards his license), he wants to know what he can do to get that point off or how long will that point last in his record? im sorry if this sounded confusing, i just dont know how to explain his questions. thank you in advance.

Granny Shifter
12-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Ouch. Anyone wanna help him out? I have no idea, but it doesn't sound peachy.

smokinevo9
12-23-2006, 11:01 PM
is it his first ticket if so go to traffic school O0

Terenus
12-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, you should first check the sticky http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=10663.0 (http://link). If all fails you gotta go to traffic school because his insurance will go up, and I'm not sure but I heard your license gets revoked for a year or till he's 18 for getting a ticket during his provisional years. Anyways, a point should only stay for 3 years. Good luck.

909Evo
12-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Since apparently i was being an ass...

Technically nothing is going to happen to him. The "no license till 18" is a scare tactic. It is illegal to stop someone under the suspicion they are 14603, so most of the time someone gets 2 points. But since you found the Niche with your buddy, he only got one point.

His license will not be suspended, he will only have one point on his record.

Now I'm under the assumption that since 14603 is not a moving violation, you cannot attend traffic school to remove it from your record, but terenus says you can, and that his friend has done it.

Terenus
12-23-2006, 11:40 PM
^^ It's obvious he's talking about doing traffic school to take off the point on his record.

EVOL EDO
12-23-2006, 11:41 PM
well first tell him to tell his parents because they will have to show up to court, i got 2 tickets when i was 17. Â*and yes he will have to go to court for the tickets so id ask the judge about options. Â*i was also under the impression points cleared when you turned 18. Â*but i may be wrong.

j_nizzle
12-23-2006, 11:49 PM
whoa, bad things all wrapped up into one. best of luck to your friend. he needs a lot more than that at this point.

909Evo
12-24-2006, 12:00 AM
^^ It's obvious he's talking about doing traffic school to take off the point on his record.

Its obvious that he didn't commit a moving violation and has nothing that would allow him to take traffic school.

Terenus
12-24-2006, 12:03 AM

Its obvious that he didn't commit a moving violation and has nothing that would allow him to take traffic school.

And it's obvious that didn't know you can take traffic school to take the point off from "disobedience of license restriction ticket" which my friend did when he was 16.

ohhgyeahfasho
12-24-2006, 12:36 AM
thanks for the replies guys. so the point that he recieved from the 'disobedience of license restriction ticket' can be taken off if he goes to a traffic school? i am also aware that traffic school can be taken if you recieved a ticket due to a moving violation, but i wasnt aware that you can take it for a disobedience of license restriction. so its 3 years until the points gets cleared off?

ohhgyeahfasho
12-24-2006, 12:44 AM
whoa, bad things all wrapped up into one. best of luck to your friend. he needs a lot more than that at this point.

haha yeah, hes nervous as heck! and he told his parents that he recieved "blocking the intersection", and "no proof of insurance"..he didnt have the guts to tell his parents he recieved a point on his license because of his dumb@$$ decision of taking his friends out. its kinda sad, xmas is just around the corner and he gets this as a present..

j_nizzle
12-24-2006, 02:05 PM

haha yeah, hes nervous as heck! and he told his parents that he recieved "blocking the intersection", and "no proof of insurance"..he didnt have the guts to tell his parents he recieved a point on his license because of his dumb@$$ decision of taking his friends out. its kinda sad, xmas is just around the corner and he gets this as a present..

his parents pay for his insurance, they're bound to find out either way.

EVOL EDO
12-25-2006, 12:10 PM
they are bound to find out because they have to show up in court with him because he is underaged.Â* i had to just pay for my tickets and eat it because my mom couldnt take off another day to fight them. so couldnt plead not guilty because my mom had to be their with me in court.