PDA

View Full Version : what what??? new mitsu engine on wiki?

trinydex
12-24-2006, 05:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_GEMA_engines

NMREJ6
12-24-2006, 05:21 PM
4B12?? Interesting. Please elaborate if more info available.

JT-KGY
12-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I thought this has been posted on EvoM for a while now..?

wj4
12-24-2006, 10:01 PM
4B12?? Interesting. Please elaborate if more info available.

At MOD, I believe Mitsu representatives said that the Evo X will have 4B12. Not 100% sure though, but it sounds mighty similar.

blkside
12-24-2006, 10:16 PM
This is the "world" motor... I wouldnt make fun of the Caliber SRT either cause guess what the 300HP motor in the caliber SRT is gonna be the new EVO motor.... From what I have heard The GEMA setup is gonna feed all the Dodge Family cars including Mitsu....

Timujin
01-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Intake in front and Turbo in the back world motor :'(

MRchnk
01-22-2007, 12:17 AM
yeah that whole turbo in back part suxs ass

trinydex
01-22-2007, 12:19 AM
that's a good thing..... why does it suck? access???

fusionchicken
01-22-2007, 12:27 AM
yea access....i read somewhere it'd be easy to access the turbo from under the car though, still more of a PITA than now.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=246537 ftw

trinydex
01-22-2007, 12:33 AM
well... the benefits way out weight the negatives. assuming you have to drop the engine to get to the turbo which is the worst case scenario just get the turbo installed with a clutch... duh that makes sense. more power needs more clutch grab anyway. (this is assuming you don't get that heavy shiftybox thing in which case i don't know that u'd be changin' turbos anyway.

there's less exahust going under the hood... the cold stuff is all in one area, the hot stuff is all on one side, shorter exhaust no change in ic piping length etc etc the list goes on. it's good stuff

Terry S
01-22-2007, 09:01 AM
But wont there be turbo cooling issues? Isn't the turbo in the front helping to keep things cooler in the block, oil & turbo? (honest question, not trying to say this is fact). And it seems like to me that heat is going to build up real quick and real hot in the rear of the engine bay (i.e. significantly hotter on one side of the block & head than the other along with a good chunk of heat transfer into the cabin).

Terry S

speedform
01-22-2007, 11:41 AM
But wont there be turbo cooling issues? Isn't the turbo in the front helping to keep things cooler in the block, oil & turbo? (honest question, not trying to say this is fact). And it seems like to me that heat is going to build up real quick and real hot in the rear of the engine bay (i.e. significantly hotter on one side of the block & head than the other along with a good chunk of heat transfer into the cabin).

Terry S

The turbo is covered in a heat shield wrap (kinda resembles a restaurant take out container) and there's another metal heat shield against the firewall. All of it can be accessed from the top.

gen4k20a2
01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
why didnt they just stick with the 4g63 engine...its a 2.0l

urmotha
01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
The wikipedia article says the 08 Evo is getting the 4B11T, 2.0 liter turbo engine. The 4B12 appears to be a 2.4L n/a.

Terry S
01-22-2007, 12:06 PM

Terry S

The turbo is covered in a heat shield wrap (kinda resembles a restaurant take out container) and there's another metal heat shield against the firewall. All of it can be accessed from the top.

So the stock turbo will be heat wrapped then? I'm guessing the exhaust manifold will be coated like the IX then as well?

Terry S

gen4k20a2
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Terry S

So the stock turbo will be heat wrapped then? I'm guessing the exhaust manifold will be coated like the IX then as well?

Terry S

its not coated too well...not a real selling point

Terry S
01-22-2007, 12:26 PM
its not coated too well...not a real selling point

I agree, but I was just trying to get further clarification from a good source (speedform)

Terry S

trinydex
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
all stock turbos are wrapped to some degree... heatshields etc.

the turbo in the front is not helping keep anything cool. several examples. downpipe has to go past the oil pan, that's never been a good thing and people have tried whatever to avoid that.

turbo heats up the radiator especially at standstill.

turbo heats up intake charge coming in through air filter.

the turbo wouldn't ever need to be cooled so to speak as it's a constant heat source it'd be pointless to cool it. maybe fancy wastegates that have diaphrams inside that could melt etc. but not really the turbo, that should be made of something that is resistant enough or it's back to the drawing board for everyone.

Timujin
01-23-2007, 11:27 PM
So you think we'll start seeing those "Neon" type turbo upgrades that swing the turbo out to the side :-o

I don't think a fariswheel will fit between the firewall and the engine :-(

Time will tell...I can't wait to see what's next :mitsu:

trinydex
01-23-2007, 11:34 PM
we'll see... it looks like the engine might be a bit tilted... which means it might fart out the turbo in a cavity between the firewall adn the block.

Granny Shifter
01-24-2007, 12:18 AM
We won't know until it comes out :buck2: