PDA

View Full Version : G@ng B@ng in the 909.

Blaze
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
This was against my will and entirely unpleasant.

Lazy as I am known to be, I didn't feel like swapping car seats this morning, so I left it in the evo, strapped in Blaze Jr. and headed to Grandma's house for a day of baby sitting. As I back out, I notice trash strewn across my lawn. It's not just a few bottles or minor litter, but it's entire BAGs of someone's trash. I look up the street and I see several bins have been knocked down and it's clear that wind and gravity brough the garbage unto me. The fact that the idiot who put the garbage out a day early was just an added bonus that heightened my annoyance. (trash pick up is delayed 1 day due to the xmas holiday).

So what kind of dill-hole backs out of his garage, sees his trash is scattered all over the neighborhood and drives off? Mother FK'r! I'm writting a letter to my association when I get home. But that really isn't part of the story, so I'll move on.

Some people know that I'm a bit sensitive about road debris, sun, rain....oh hell let's face it, I panic when I see dust on my car. And thus today, my come uppins have finally come up.

With the wind seeminly having settled down, I casually drive down my street, enter the freeway and transfer to another. When ALL OF A SUDDEN, a cloud of dust rockets across freeway 10. And this was no ordinary cloud. It picked up dust, rocks, twigs and assorted other debris from a dust farm on the side of the freeway. LIFTED it 2 stories up, then lifted it ANOTHER 2 stories by the time it engulfed the West bound lanes.

Fog lights....were useless.
Seen the Wizard of Oz where the house is in the tornado? Yeah...that bad.

All I could do, is throttle off, cross my heart, and hope that the person in front of me didn't slam on their brakes because I couldn't see squat.

Guess what happened next?

I made it through. No one was hit and quickly exited the freeway. There is dust on and under my car now AND surely in my engine bay as well. Right now I hate that dust storm more then my neighbor. It's lucky I can't write a letter to it, though I'm considering protesting a local church as surely someone's god has it in for me today.

Ever seen someon spite god and get away with it?
Please read on.

I make a series of turns and find myself at a traffic light (corner of Redlands and Mt. View). The light turns green and the dust storm from the freeway seems to have followed me to the city streets. But wait, I'm somehow being shielded by a Baker's drive through.

As the dust storm re-engulf the lanes ahead of me the light turns green and I'm not moving. The people behind me be damned.
A few cars started to go through before it got worse. Maybe I should have gone with them, because what happened next was unreal.
BRANCHES began to fall from trees and tumble weeds LITTERALLY half the side of my car started flying through the street.

The wind settles down a bit and I decide to make a break for it. I carefully glide through the balls of thorny bush, sometimes stopping to let an offender by, sometimes speeding up to avoid being rear-ended. THEN it finally happened. HOW f'ing sad was I to see the mother of all thorn balls and 3 of it's friends bounce and clear a 5' fence, enter traffic and collide with the rear 1/4 panel of my car. It hit so hard, I thought the glass was going to shatter and tear off the rear wing. It was the gang bang of all tuble weed attacks.

I drop off my kid and limp my way home (broken, defeated and very dirty). I pull in and quickly close the garage, turn on all the flood lights and review the damage. Today was possibly the worst day of my car's life. That friggin thorn ball must have taken off 2, maybe 3 coats of wax. Now I'm going to have to clay down the area and rebuild.

Clear bras be damned. Meguiar's FTW!

kimletrim
12-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Awww...poor Blaze...

Hasn't something like this with the garbage happened to you before?

Blaze
12-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Awww...poor Blaze...

Hasn't something like this with the garbage happened to you before?

Probably, but not this bad.
You may be thinking of Tom the Racoon Hunter.
He lives down the street and has more "garbage related issues."

smokinevo9
12-28-2006, 10:43 AM
freaken wind

evotwelve
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
sorry that happen. yesterday i seen a tumble about a basketball size and i thought thats nothing. its was in front of a civic, he stopped and went around it. so tumble weeds 1- cars 0. then i went back to work to see a 3 foot high (not lying) tumble weed in my lane. went around it now, tumble weeds 2 - cars 0. after your story tumble weeds 3- cars 0. again sorry that happen.

nicklulu
12-28-2006, 11:04 AM
and i thought i was bad. I use to do that a lot (detailing) washing,claying, cleaning, polishing and waxing, waxing,waxing.... Sorry to hear that man.

Blaze
12-28-2006, 11:06 AM
and i thought i was bad. I use to do that a lot (detailing) washing,claying, cleaning, polishing and waxing, waxing,waxing.... Sorry to hear that man.

Thanks man.
Your avatar looks like my reflection in the mirror right now.
But it'll be all good in a few hours.

O0

nicklulu
12-28-2006, 11:15 AM

Thanks man.
Your avatar looks like my reflection in the mirror right now.
But it'll be all good in a few hours.

O0

:grin:

How long does it take you to detail? just the outside, or in/out? me usually take me a day for the out side, not including engine bay then another day for the interior/engine bay. If i were you just rest today and do it next week, I heard that the storm up north will go don to socal. It rained here yesteday

Blaze
12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
My car is pretty well maintined (detail wise).
But I can still spend a day keeping it up.
ESPECIALLY if it's for a show or meet.

I don't spend a day straight....I need breaks in between.

Waxing the engine bay walls is the hardest part.
I need to start making my own tools to get into all the crevaces.

Have you removed your interior to polish your floor boards yet?

nicklulu
12-28-2006, 11:39 AM
My car is pretty well maintined (detail wise).
But I can still spend a day keeping it up.
ESPECIALLY if it's for a show or meet.

I don't spend a day straight....I need breaks in between.

Waxing the engine bay walls is the hardest part.
I need to start making my own tools to get into all the crevaces.

Have you removed your interior to polish your floor boards yet?

hahahahahaha, sure.... when i find the time

Terenus
12-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Damn, are you going to make your son take the bus now? haha

I need to come over someday and have my car annoy you enough that you'll detail it for me!

evomrguy
12-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Damn Jason I'm suprised you didn't have a coronary the moment that happened. See you in like three weeks when your done redetailing the ride. You think I can get in on some of that detailing lovin?

EVOate909
12-28-2006, 09:55 PM
welcome to wut a daily driven car encounters....

TARMAC_GSR
12-29-2006, 09:13 PM
welcome to wut a daily driven car encounters....

+1.... but damn ur evo looked hella clean last night......

Tomasu
12-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Sometimes i think your evo is like a Bubbleboy....

It jut crys to be let out to play in the mud wiht the other evos....

Your evo probably feels better every time it sees my wrx pull infront of its cage, with all its battlescar glory and bad hygene....