PDA

View Full Version : How to make your Bov VTA?

Neji Hyuga
12-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey guys Iam a newb so take it easy. I was just wondering how to make my bov VTA. I got a greddy RS. I just want to know so in the future if I do decide to do vta I will know what is needed. Don't forget Iam a newb so take it easy. Thanks

Terenus
12-30-2006, 01:39 PM
If you're going to VTA make sure you get a flash because your car will run like shit.

j_nizzle
12-30-2006, 02:31 PM
just plug up your intake pipe where the bov is supposed to go and if you have the recirc kit on the greddy, try to find the vta/horn adapter. it's just a screw on piece that goes on the vent part of the bov.

i wouldnt do this if i were you...try searching for a gfb stealth fx bov. those can vta and recirc at the same time. so the ricer in you is happy and you wont experience any drivability issues.

trinydex
12-30-2006, 05:27 PM
If you're going to VTA make sure you get a flash because your car will run like shit.
this is the worst advice ever. a flash won't cure missing air.

there really isn't a how to make it vta. you make a bov vta like jnizzle said above. the how to part i'm assuming is making it run well. there's two ways to do that, run a blow through maf where the maf is after the bov. or run speed density air flow calculation.

DTunedEvoX
12-31-2006, 01:12 AM
It just goes to show what I said in your other thread is right ...

evofosizzo
12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
ask Hinata from Hyuga or your local evo hokage.

shadowist
01-02-2007, 02:34 AM
good luck with running vta.

i ran vta for just ONE day to satisfy my inner ricer. car ran like shit on the top end bogging hard in higher rpms. almost fried my first o2 sensor, car was throwing a cel. never ever ever again will i do that

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2007, 09:24 AM

there really isn't a how to make it vta. you make a bov vta like jnizzle said above. the how to part i'm assuming is making it run well. there's two ways to do that, run a blow through maf where the maf is after the bov. or run speed density air flow calculation.
trinys advice FTW!!!

silvery_eagle
01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
It just goes to show what I said in your other thread is right ...

you mean this thread?
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=35710.msg6917141;topicseen#msg6917141

Terenus
01-02-2007, 12:01 PM

A flash lets the ECU know that it WILL be missing air to compensate. This is what I heard from Ultraflip and honestly I trust him over you.

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2007, 12:13 PM

A flash lets the ECU know that it WILL be missing air to compensate. This is what I heard from Ultraflip and honestly I trust him over you.

LOL
well, maybe Alfred can elaborate into this, since he is running a Tial VTA BOV... with the stock ECU and his mad JDM tuning skillz! ...

Neji Hyuga
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Well I have seen a srt-4 with a the greddy rs and his is blowing off like crazy. So I was just wondering if I installed it wrong. I just wanted to know if the rs is vta cause if it is its not makin nosie atis low rpms.. It only makes noise at 4000 rpms and at 3 gear and on. I thought I fixed it but a friend said that I should hear it at low rpsm.. But Iam a newb and still learning O0

trinydex
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM

and i'll trust scot gray.

in the end i'm not here to argue with you nor pit myself against ultraflip (which is a bit of a snide move). the fact is that i have to recommend what works best and what works 99% of the time (yes, because even running recir probably only works 99% of the time) introducing factors that will cause things not to work 99% of the time is just asking for trouble. if someone wants to do it that bad that they want to do it through a flash then the buyer is warned.

Terenus
01-02-2007, 02:29 PM
if someone wants to do it that bad that they want to do it through a flash then the buyer is warned.

Thanks.

x[corwyn]
01-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Just get a damned intake and replace the box. You can get the sound then without having to VTA obnoxiously. Its not super loud, but then again you are just asking for a ticket to VTA.

I had the GFB on my car for one week. I traded it to get an MR divertor valve. The VTA caused my car to run crappy, and attract a lot of bad attention.

Neji Hyuga
01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Is there a difference between a greddy rs bov and a greddy s.

Dagul
01-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Is there a difference between a greddy rs bov and a greddy s.

The sound mainly and the color... The diaphram should be interchangeable between the two...

j_nizzle
01-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Well I have seen a srt-4 with a the greddy rs and his is blowing off like crazy. So I was just wondering if I installed it wrong. I just wanted to know if the rs is vta cause if it is its not makin nosie atis low rpms.. It only makes noise at 4000 rpms and at 3 gear and on. I thought I fixed it but a friend said that I should hear it at low rpsm.. But Iam a newb and still learning O0

you are seriously the king of n00bs!!!! srt-4 is not an evo. the bov works differently on both cars.

either convert to complete vta by capping off the stock intake pipe or get a cone filter in place of the stock box and recirc the bov. you'll hear it all day.

you might even want to consider a new bov setup. look into a gfb bov. those are dual vent and mount the same way as the stock bov but you can adjust it so it completely vta's or partially vents/recircs.

JDMC-WestEVO
01-03-2007, 01:18 AM

in the end i'm not here to argue with you nor pit myself against ultraflip (which is a bit of a snide move). the fact is that i have to recommend what works best and what works 99% of the time (yes, because even running recir probably only works 99% of the time) introducing factors that will cause things not to work 99% of the time is just asking for trouble. if someone wants to do it that bad that they want to do it through a flash then the buyer is warned.

i also +1 on scot gray's tuning knowledge of the 4G63 and evos

ryan0
01-03-2007, 08:56 AM

i also +1 on scot gray's tuning knowledge of the 4G63 and evos

i'm sure that even scott gray will tell you that under blow off conditions, if you switch to VTA with out a tune or MAP, your car will be uber-rich.. may sputter.. may foul plugs.

a tune cant even get it right cause the air flow measured is different everytime

that sounds is lame anyway.. recirc ftw.

ultraflip
01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
i'm not here to knock on scot grey... or trini... or anyone else...
scot grey tuned my evo as well... in no way shape or form am i a pro tuner...
i just like to turn knobs.. ;)

i do have a flash on my ecu... it was flashed to help w/ a few things...
the computer will expect the blow off to be recirculated.. so it pumps fuel in there
with no air, it has a second of super rich condition
fouls plugs etc..
how does the flash compensate then ? it pulls fuel
the car doesnt 'run like shit'
just under the conditions where it blows off... it might sputter its just not 'correct'

trinydex
01-03-2007, 12:43 PM
i know that in all technicality you can tune for a bov by making low/no load conditions leaner across the board (this is technically where you'd do the antilag tuning via ecu also think mines ecu). it's not a perfect solution by any means and there is also some idle tuning that needs to be addressed in the tune also. it might not have any disasterous effects but as already mentioned, it's not perfect or 'correct' and i can't go around confusing people more than i have to.