PDA

View Full Version : CHP forum

Gear Grinder
12-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Check out the last post by ORI#1976, typical porko.

http://www.chpforums.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1953

Gear Grinder
12-31-2006, 10:07 AM
BTW- 27156(b)CVC is modified emissions

blkside
12-31-2006, 11:30 AM
I hate reading the ignorance that some of them display... I understand some of their points like in the TINT thread I read but when they target ... especially like that fag said "ricers" then fuck 'em.

SpdyEvo02
12-31-2006, 04:18 PM

i know that one fairly well

Gear Grinder
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM

i know that one fairly well
that's for sure.

909Evo
01-04-2007, 04:40 AM

3 results for: whining

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
whine /ʰwaɪn, waɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwahyn, wahyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, whined, whin·ing, noun
–verb (used without object)
1. to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
–verb (used with object)
3. to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.
–noun
4. a whining utterance, sound, or tone.
5. a feeble, peevish complaint.
[Origin: bef. 1150; ME whinen (v.), OE hwīnan to whiz; c. ON hvīna]

—Related forms
whiner, noun
whin·ing·ly, adverb

—Synonyms 1. moan, whimper. 2. See complain.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Gear Grinder
01-04-2007, 07:32 AM

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | All Reference | the Web
whine /ʰwaɪn, waɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwahyn, wahyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, whined, whin·ing, noun
1. to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
2. to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
–verb (used with object)
–noun

—Related forms
whiner, noun
whin·ing·ly, adverb

and your point is?

MR Dan
01-08-2007, 11:11 PM
check out this topic.... http://www.chpforums.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1675
and read the what the big ego-pig Fish'nChip stated :buck2:

909Evo
01-09-2007, 01:49 AM
I don't get it? I read it, he said that putting tint on your window is a violation you do on purpose, and you should be held accountable...

what am i missing?

sleeping
01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
your right, it's a crime for one to tint their front windows. But is't so wide spread that even police do it. Bet that guy wouldn't write up his partner for the tint on his car.

909Evo
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Again... when I go to wherever it is that you work, do you cut me and employee discount?

Nope.

Do you cut the other guy who works there and employee discount?

Yup.

sleeping
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
yeah, but my employee discount isn't breaking the law. maybe cops that allow other officers to get away should be taken to court for aiding in a crime.

gen4k20a2
01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
never thought of it that way

909Evo
01-22-2007, 11:31 AM
ok then, there should be absolutely no discretion in the law... everything is black and white... and each and everytime your car goes outside with tinted windows, it should be ticketed right?

gen4k20a2
01-22-2007, 12:05 PM
We usually do...the only reason why people dont get pulled over is because the officer knows the probablity of a greater violation happening near him is great so tint is small fry. If there were a cop on every corner...trust me wed all be getting tickets

x[corwyn]
01-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't get it? I read it, he said that putting tint on your window is a violation you do on purpose, and you should be held accountable...

what am i missing?

That its perfectly acceptable for members of the Police to roll around in their personal cars with tint but not other members of the public. In fact all the cops I grew up around and talked to were the WORST offenders of the VC. And they were proud that they could get away with it.

Cops have a lot of lattitude for "interpretation" of the laws that they choose to enforce. For your attitudes you sure have some mighty strange hobbies.

x[corwyn]
01-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Again... when I go to wherever it is that you work, do you cut me and employee discount?

Nope.

Do you cut the other guy who works there and employee discount?

Yup.

Its the same law that I have to obey. I dont see any companies willfully allowing their employees to break the law, and at any time it is found out it is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Basically if the Police are going to be enforcing those laws they damn well better be able to stand up and lead by example. The examples I see are the worst offenders, and the biggest hypocrites. Hense the total lack of respect, because obviously if those laws are viewed as extraneous and petty by the same law enforcement officials, then why are they enforcing it on the general public.

x[corwyn]
01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
ok then, there should be absolutely no discretion in the law... everything is black and white... and each and everytime your car goes outside with tinted windows, it should be ticketed right?

If the cops were subjected to the same BS as we are it might make things move a lot easier on getting some of the stupider laws repealed, and actually getting some weight towards doing whats right. Whenever silly VCs come up in legislature we see "Law enforcement officials support for greater revenue purposes". Usually "safety devices" like red light cameras cause accidents, but are kept because revenue is good from it.

So if you feel you are too good for the rules, why not help us get rid of these laws that even you obviously think are wrong, but then enforce on a public that should not have that done? I guess its harder to stand up to these rules...If enough cops had the courage of their convictions, and weren't able to enjoy their little fraternity of law bypassing, I bet we would see real change. Officials that have laws that are enforced on them might act a little less idiotic.

909Evo
01-22-2007, 08:56 PM
]

If the cops were subjected to the same BS as we are it might make things move a lot easier on getting some of the stupider laws repealed, and actually getting some weight towards doing whats right.

So if you feel you are too good for the rules, why not help us get rid of these laws that even you obviously think are wrong, but then enforce on a public that should not have that done? Officials that have laws that are enforced on them might act a little less idiotic.

First off, we do get enforced on, by the highway patrol... those guys ticket their own grandmothers, but with Pd's and so's your totally right.

And second the only time you would ever catch me writing a cite for tint is if the guy was a complete and utter ass.

And thirdly, with regards to what you said about my views and having weird hobbies, your right and wrong. I enjoy doing the same things that you enjoy doing, obviously we both have a passion for things that go fast, bikes, cars, and women. Just because I enjoy those things however, does not mean that I think certain acts we do should be legalized. I took the same risks that you did, and I still do, I firmly believe in the laws, and I enjoy what I do to the extent that I will face the punishment for it.

Something like tinted windows SHOULD be illegal. Obviously you don't know what it would be like to walk up on a car full of people doing god knows what because you can't see inside it, is it grandma, or is it a car full of 2nd strikers who just robbed the liqour store down the street? I understand we are from different sides of the fence, luckily for me I have seen, and DO see things from both sides. I understand where both sides are coming from, hence, I have a little more compassion than most cops might.

Don't forget that even though I might sometimes get granted more "discretion" than most, it wasn't always like that for me, and I still had the same hobbies....

Lastly, calling us the "biggest offenders, and worst hipocrites" is pretty harsh. I'm like 99% positive that you have done the exact same things that I have done. Hipocrite? Not really, because I think they are wrong, I just got cut some slack. Biggest offenders? Not by a long shot. Your making it seem like we take blood money, when in reality, its a slap on the wrist for 10 over. I'm sorry, but there are 100000's of people out there who have gotten warnings. Are you mad at them too? I wouldn't cite a judge, I wouldn't site a surgeon, unless they were for serious things.... should I start a Fuck Doctors thread?

EvoPwr
01-22-2007, 09:06 PM

–verb (used with object)
–noun

—Related forms
whiner, noun
whin·ing·ly, adverb

Do you realize you started this with the above post? How about you grow up instead of making all of the ricers here hate cops more. Be a man and admit that a cops "classification" of everybody who owns a non muscle car is a "ricer", is wrong. Instead, you act like a 12 year old kid on here whining for candy. Stand up, set an example and give a reason why we all have to be classified as "ricers". You obviously stand up for them and think they do no wrong, so give us a solid reason. Thanks.

Gear Grinder
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM

–verb (used with object)
–noun

—Related forms
whiner, noun
whin·ing·ly, adverb

Do you realize you started this with the above post? How about you grow up instead of making all of the ricers here hate cops more. Be a man and admit that a cops "classification" of everybody who owns a non muscle car is a "ricer", is wrong. Instead, you act like a 12 year old kid on here whining for candy. Stand up, set an example and give a reason why we all have to be classified as "ricers". You obviously stand up for them and think they do no wrong, so give us a solid reason. Thanks.
who are you refering to Mike? Me or 909?

x[corwyn]
01-23-2007, 01:32 AM
]

If the cops were subjected to the same BS as we are it might make things move a lot easier on getting some of the stupider laws repealed, and actually getting some weight towards doing whats right.

So if you feel you are too good for the rules, why not help us get rid of these laws that even you obviously think are wrong, but then enforce on a public that should not have that done? Officials that have laws that are enforced on them might act a little less idiotic.

First off, we do get enforced on, by the highway patrol... those guys ticket their own grandmothers, but with Pd's and so's your totally right.

And second the only time you would ever catch me writing a cite for tint is if the guy was a complete and utter ass.

And thirdly, with regards to what you said about my views and having weird hobbies, your right and wrong. I enjoy doing the same things that you enjoy doing, obviously we both have a passion for things that go fast, bikes, cars, and women. Just because I enjoy those things however, does not mean that I think certain acts we do should be legalized. I took the same risks that you did, and I still do, I firmly believe in the laws, and I enjoy what I do to the extent that I will face the punishment for it.

Something like tinted windows SHOULD be illegal. Obviously you don't know what it would be like to walk up on a car full of people doing god knows what because you can't see inside it, is it grandma, or is it a car full of 2nd strikers who just robbed the liqour store down the street? I understand we are from different sides of the fence, luckily for me I have seen, and DO see things from both sides. I understand where both sides are coming from, hence, I have a little more compassion than most cops might.

Don't forget that even though I might sometimes get granted more "discretion" than most, it wasn't always like that for me, and I still had the same hobbies....

Lastly, calling us the "biggest offenders, and worst hipocrites" is pretty harsh. I'm like 99% positive that you have done the exact same things that I have done. Hipocrite? Not really, because I think they are wrong, I just got cut some slack. Biggest offenders? Not by a long shot. Your making it seem like we take blood money, when in reality, its a slap on the wrist for 10 over. I'm sorry, but there are 100000's of people out there who have gotten warnings. Are you mad at them too? I wouldn't cite a judge, I wouldn't site a surgeon, unless they were for serious things.... should I start a Fuck Doctors thread?

You may be easier going than most cops but fortunately (knock on wood) I havent been pulled over. I lived by a couple of cops (one was the helicopter pilot for HB), the other was a traffic cop. Not to mention I dated a girl whose stepfather was lieutenant on HBs force as well. All 3 were the absolute worst for driving like assholes, the lieutenant would buzz main street all the time in his modded out Corvette, yet positively DELIGHTED in pulling over and jailing offenders that did the same. Yelled at them and called them names. I heard all their stories.... Fucking dicks....and the other cops that were their friends were just as bad or if not worse.

BTW if you go to HB Tint like I did a few months back when I had to remove the tint that came with my car, they told me that a lot of their best customers were Local Police. I believe it.

Its all perception. Calling everyone here whiners though just seem more typical BS.... Nothing puts people off from cops faster than the stereotypical arrogant holier than thou name calling. You seem pretty cool otherwise when you let that facade go.

As for worrying about what people are doing, while this area isnt Watts or Compton I can still imagine that yea it can be scary at times. I can sympathise... I might be more sympathetic that if cops were to respect those laws for safety reasons as well. Obviously Those lights on the car, and requesting someone to roll down their window might suffice. Whenever I get pulled over, the car goes off, the keys go on the dash and my hands are on the steering wheel with my window down. The cop that pulled me over for my tint made sure to be an asshole though and was saying really crappy things, while we were sitting their for a while while my roommate holding our dinner. The cop saw this made more sarcastic crappy things, looked at my exhaust and basically got my roommate Ollie mad enough to almost start talking back. Just as a FYI Ollie is one of the most mild mannered guys around. Im too tired to type more, but the respect seems to only be one way, and as such we lose cops for obvious heavy handed bean countered inspired enforcement, for the idea to justify having these traffic cops around.

I just wish I saw the same angry enforcement on the 2 stolen motorcycles and my screwed up GST that I used to have. Completely unsolved and the attitude when the cops showed up was at best...apathetic.

Maybe the perception cops generate is pretty well earned and its not positive. It really doesnt seem too much like "protect and serve" so much as "Looking for the easy enforcement for revenue". Also remember the more people that feel that way, the more negative the voters are going to be when it comes time for things cops want.

EvoPwr
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM

–verb (used with object)
–noun

—Related forms
whiner, noun
whin·ing·ly, adverb

who are you refering to Mike? Me or 909?

909. Danny, you didn't start whining, he did. You simply posted a link for people to view O0

909Evo
01-25-2007, 12:30 AM
909. Danny, you didn't start whining, he did. You simply posted a link for people to view O0

And you would call what he did what?

And dude, every single person I have met on here (save for blaze) has in some way shape or form, fit the ricer mold. Every single person I have ever met on here has driven their cars well beyond what they should on city streets. That is, in all sense of the word, what every "normal" person would consider when defining a ricer as your evo goes blazing past them....

Gear Grinder
01-25-2007, 07:55 AM

And you would call what he did what?

And dude, every single person I have met on here (save for blaze) has in some way shape or form, fit the ricer mold. Every single person I have ever met on here has driven their cars well beyond what they should on city streets. That is, in all sense of the word, what every "normal" person would consider when defining a ricer as your evo goes blazing past them....
I wouldn't call it whining. I just thought it would catch peoples attention, sort of an introduction to the CHP forum, "hey look, they talk about us on a forum, just like we talk about them." I am a bit unreasonable, but yes I hate every cop who has ever pulled me over, justified or not,(especially the one who pulled me out of bumper to bumper traffic, and gave me a ticket for going 80mph).
I do admit that I drive way to fast 95 o/o of the time.
I am glad this thread has opened up a couple of decent discussions though. We should keep any personal attacks out of it though.

909Evo
01-25-2007, 10:52 AM
We should keep any personal attacks out of it though.

Agreed.... how about them colts... didn't see that coming.

sleeping
01-28-2007, 02:58 AM
+1 on that, but I'm still pissed that the chargers lost.

"normal" person would consider when defining a ricer as your evo goes blazing past them

The evo in my garage has been "beaten" several times by trucks and suvs either just driving way to fast or trying to antagonize race, the same can be said for my mazda (which is silver with no defining markings or wing). I had a guy in a lexus SUV pull up and yell at me for not wanting to race him. Ricer is a sterotype far beyond just driving fast, actually I wouldn't say that your average cop includes that in his definition. if you showed cops pictures of cars and asked them which ones were ricer and which weren't, I'm sure they would point the evo out as a rice car, despite that in a picture no car moves fast.

Gear Grinder
01-28-2007, 08:30 AM
+1 on that, but I'm still pissed that the chargers lost.
Did they loose the world series or something?

sleeping
01-28-2007, 12:12 PM
ouch stupid padres and chargers, quit losing the playoffs.