PDA

View Full Version : some new laws for 07

speedracer2169
12-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Fam.C. § 6275. (Added) Officers in Domestic Violence (DV) cases must inform victims about Emergency Protective Orders (EPO) and "shall request" an EPO if they believe the person is in "immediate and present danger."

Fam.C. § 6389. (Amended) A person served with an EPO shall immediately surrender any firearms to the officer serving the order, upon the officer's request. Receipt required.

Gov.C. § 6206. (Amended) As with stalking/DV victims, sexual assault victims may prevent public disclosure of residence addresses.

Gov.C. § 6254.24. (Amended) Staff employees of the county DA's office and federal, state, local Law Enforcement agency can apply for confidentiality of their home addresses.

Gov.C. § 7480. (Amended) Banks "shall furnish" police any available video of ATM for investigation of criminal access there.

Gov.C. § 53153.5. (Added) A person 18 or older who is convicted of filing a false police report is liable for responsive emergency costs.

H&S §§ 11383.6, 11383.7. (Added) Felony (16-2-3) to possess precursors for sale, with intent to transfer them with knowledge they will be used to manufacture PCP or meth, or analogs.

H&S § 122335. (Added) Wobblette to tether a dog to a doghouse, fence, tree or other stationary object, except during a temporary task, at a recreational area, or during ranching/farming.

VC § 2800.4. (Added) Misdemeanor for a driver fleeing police to drive on the wrong side of the road (6 months or $1000 minimum).

VC § 9954. (Added, effective 1-1-08 Vehicle manufacturers must provide constantly-available information to a locksmith to enable owners to obtain a duplicate key.

VC § 13352.1. (Added) License suspension for first-time deuce probationer (refusal or .20% or higher BAC) increases from 6 to 10 months.

VC §§ 21070, 42001.19. (Added) Unsafe operation of a vehicle with injury is an infraction, punishable by $70 or $95 fines.

VC § 21712. (Amended) It is an infraction to ride/allow a rider in the trunk of an automobile.

VC § 21809. (Added) Freeway traffic approaching a stationary emergency vehicle displaying emergency lights must change lanes if practicable or slow down to pass.

VC § 22658, et. al. (Amended) Makes major revisions of statutes relating to removal of vehicles from private property and regulation of tow-truck operators, who must release claimed vehicles not yet removed, notify police of tows, accept credit cards and post signs, and not "boot" vehicles or charge excessive fees.

VC §§ 23105, 23109.1. (Added) Sets minimum fines and 30 days' jail for reckless driving or speed contest causing specified injuries.

VC § 23123. (Added, effective 7-1-08 It will be an infraction to drive while using a telephone that is not hands-free, with some commercial and official exceptions, or in emergencies.

VC § 25253. (Amended) Tow trucks may not display amber flashers on the freeway except while towing or at "unusual traffic hazard" sites.

Terenus
12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
VC § 23123. (Added, effective 7-1-08 It will be an infraction to drive while using a telephone that is not hands-free, with some commercial and official exceptions, or in emergencies.

I thought this was going to be effective in 7-1-07.

Terry S
01-02-2007, 10:58 AM

Nope, 08. That's why so many people questioned the timing of the law. Why the hell would you make a law that takes more than 2 years to go in effect? Only industry regulations & departmental rules typically take that long.

Terry S

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2007, 11:25 AM

Nope, 08. That's why so many people questioned the timing of the law. Why the hell would you make a law that takes more than 2 years to go in effect? Only industry regulations & departmental rules typically take that long.

Terry S
im glad that there isnt anything serious against car enthusiastic. since they always manage to make things a lot harder than they should.

The Emperor
01-02-2007, 01:20 PM
great find.

+1

im glad that there isnt anything serious against car enthusiastic. since they always manage to make things a lot harder than they should.

rino
01-03-2007, 01:55 AM
This is a good time to review the laws taking effect Jan. 1, 2007. Copied form the AAA website.

Reckless Driving and Street Racing

AB 2190 makes reckless driving and street racing that results in great bodily injury a felony offense for first-time violators. Previously, only those with a prior conviction for this offense could be charged with a felony. Great bodily injury includes loss of consciousness, concussions, bone fractures, wounds requiring extensive suturing, serious disfigurement, and paralysis.

No "Trunking"

AB 1850 makes it unlawful for a person to knowingly drive a motor vehicle while another person is riding in the trunk; riding in the trunk is also illegal. The driver receives a fine and one point on his or her driving record; the person riding in the trunk receives a fine. The law is a response to some teen drivers' attempts to evade the passenger restriction in California's graduated driver licensing law by hiding teens in the trunk. Since 2000, there have been 153 collisions involving trunking, resulting in nine deaths and 140 injuries.

Mature-Driver Courses

Mature-driver courses, available for drivers at least 55 years of age, are designed to help older motorists drive safely longer by educating them on proper driving techniques and changes in technology and the law. AB 2407, an Auto Club-sponsored bill, permits renewal courses to be completed in four hours. (The initial course lasts for eight hours.) Drivers who successfully complete the course are eligible for a small discount on their auto insurance.

Emergency Vehicles

SB 1610 is intended to enhance safety for emergency vehicle and tow-truck personnel working on the side of the road. Drivers approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle or tow truck with its siren or emergency lights activated must proceed carefully and move into an available lane at least two lanes away from the emergency vehicle or tow truck. If such a move is not safe, practical, or legal, the driver should slow to a reasonable and prudent speed. The law expires on January 1, 2010.

Right-of-Way Violations

SB 1021 requires the DMV driver handbook and traffic-violator school curriculums to include information about respecting the right-of-way of others, particularly pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists. It also increases the fine for right-of-way violations that result in bodily injury or great bodily injury. Violators will pay a fine of at least $245 if bodily injury is involved and at least $345 if great bodily injury is involved. For purposes of this law, great bodily injury means "any significant or substantial physical injury."

Driving Under the Influence

AB 2752 increases the penalties for underage drinking and driving. The new law makes it a criminal offense instead of a civil penalty for a driver under 21 years of age to have a measurable blood-alcohol concentration of 0.01 percent. First-offense infractions will carry a minimum fine of $350.

Vehicle Impoundment

Under AB 2253, a court can impound a vehicle used in the illegal dumping of waste matter for up to six months if the person driving the vehicle has a prior conviction for the offense. Waste matter does not include beverage containers or food wrappers, but it does include oil and other petroleum products, paints, garbage, furniture, dirt, gravel, and body parts.

Other motorist-related laws that were approved by the California Legislature in 2006, but which do not take effect until 2008 or later, include:

Wireless Telephones

SB 1613 prohibits the use of handheld cellular telephones while driving. Starting July 1, 2008, a driver may use a cell phone only if it has a hands-free listening and speaking system. Drivers ticketed for a violation will be subject to a minimum total fine of $70 for a first offense and $175 for subsequent offenses. "Push-to-talk" systems (such as Nextel) are exempt from the hands-free requirement until July 1, 2011.

Car-Key Replacement

SB 1542, sponsored by the Auto Club, will make it easier for vehicle owners whose keys are lost, stolen, or broken to obtain replacement keys. This law takes effect January 1, 2008 and it requires an automaker to provide the codes necessary for a locksmith to make a replacement key for vehicles sold or leased in California. Some auto manufacturers, such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, will have until 2013 to comply with the new law if they currently allow no one but themselves to duplicate a key.

Smog Check

Under AB 1870, beginning January 1, 2008, vehicles that emit visible smoke from the tailpipe or crankcase during a smog inspection will fail the test. A vehicle owner can appeal a failing result to a state-designated referee; low-income vehicle owners may be eligible for repair assistance.

Driver Assessment

AB 2542 requires the DMV to implement its evaluation system for identifying drivers with medical problems and functional limitations. A report to the legislature on the results is due by December 31, 2011; the law expires January 1, 2012

chuckdashi
01-03-2007, 02:02 AM
we were informed also tonight after there was a corvette and cobra racing and cought

that if you street race you car will be ceased... no more 30 day impounds ect...

also

if you go over 100mph... you will be charged 1000 yes 1000 dollars for every mile over.... ouch....

Jap_WHiP
01-03-2007, 02:40 AM
I hate this crap, when I become the Govenor I'm going to make a few new laws...

1.Â* VC § Jap_WHiP_a.Â*

If you drive a Civic, Hundai, or any other car meant to go no more than 35 MPH and you're caught going 105MPH on the FRWY...

...you will be taken to the town square so that EVO owners, and all other owners of cars capable of going 90MPH safely, may...

...BEAT YOUR ASS for SCREWING IT UP FOR THE REST OF US! :knuppel2:

2.Â* VC § Jap_WHiP_b.

If you have street glow, your car shall be impounded for no less than 30 days- until you get your head out of your ass and decide to remove it!

3.Â* VC § Jap_WHiP_c.

All Law Enforcement personell must acknowledge the, "Give-me-a-break...are you serious" clause when a vehicle is pulled over for "No front license plate" and then asked to "pop their hood"... :?

...when this clause is invoked the officer will, by law, let you go with a "warning"- and buy you lunch.

4.Â* VC § Jap_WHiP_d.

Performance driving license, as with a mortor cycle license, a Class C driver may acquire a GISDASU attachment to their license...

GISDASU (Get In Sit Down And Shut Up) license holders will be allowed to travel 90MPH on the FRWY in the #1 lane from the hours of 10pm to 5am- BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE ON THE GD ROAD!!!!!!! So Leave me ALONE! :tickedoff:

...sorry guys...I have issues... O0 ...and I hate Ricers...

Sam Smash
01-03-2007, 03:25 AM
I will vote 4 u :)

Granny Shifter
01-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Haha, Jap_WHIP for governor ftw! Can you also make it illegal to drive an SRT-4?

initial_j
01-03-2007, 11:25 AM
LOL....

Chris..those are honestly some great laws.Â* Forget the whole doctor deal...your true passion lies with politics.Â* O0

Gov Jap_Whip.

Id love to have that signed on my diploma ahahhahahahahahahah

Jap_WHiP
01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Haha, Jap_WHIP for governor ftw! Can you also make it illegal to drive an SRT-4?

phatman2600:Â* This is a free country so people can drive what they want, but...

5.Â* VC § Jap_WHiP_e.

By Governor mandate;Â* All vehicles manufactured by Dodge with the name "SRT-4" will be RE-named, effective immediately, "GAYRT-4".

phatman2600:Â* Oh and, Thank you for your vote. God Bless America.

thisxguy
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
chris, you got my vote O0

lol

j_nizzle
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
VC j_nizzle > j0o 1a.) if you cant walk in a straight line when complete sober, no license!

VC j_nizzle > j0o 1b.) all women particularly who were born in or have recently moved from south east asia to the u.s. will not be given the opportunity to obtain a license. if you insist that you're too pretty to drive and continue to wear the long gloves and face mask when driving, you can only operate a non-motor assisted bicycle so there will be a point for your ridiculous attire.

VC j_nizzle > j0o 1c.) slower traffic (that of which moves slower than the speed limit for any god forsaken reason unless approaching a red light/stop sign) keep on the far right lane of traffic and yield for fast lance drivers that signal to turn into parking lots, or making right turns.

VC j_nizzle 1d.) any an all cars that do not present an arguable clear and present danger to other drivers on the road (i.e. no front license plate, loud or aftermarket [looking] exhaust) are not subject to be given "fix-it" tickets.

VC j_nizzle 1e.) any officer of the law whom abuses their power in naming OEM, CARB legal/exempt, or standard car parts as aftermarket or modified just to cite a "modified emissions" citation will be castrated or subject to female genital mutilation and also lose his/her job.

...i'll think of some more...

ernald711
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
...sorry guys...I have issues... O0 ...and I hate Ricers...

LOL... that should be your campaign slogan.... Vote for Jap_Whip!!!!

Saotome9
03-16-2007, 01:11 AM
i VOTE 4 U

argh
03-16-2007, 01:30 AM
I think that people who haven't caused an accident b/c they were talking on their cell phone should be able to talk on their cell phone. Stupid law, that one.

nlakind
03-16-2007, 01:31 AM
we were informed also tonight after there was a corvette and cobra racing and cought

that if you street race you car will be ceased... no more 30 day impounds ect...

also

if you go over 100mph... you will be charged 1000 yes 1000 dollars for every mile over.... ouch....

LoL, are you serious? So if I got caught doing 145mph on the 405 I would be fined upwards of $40,000?(not condoning this but it has been done once or twice)

& is this + tax???

Bute seriously...Wow, that's kind of a wake up call since I'm still in my rebellious I'm undestructable faze...haha