PDA

View Full Version : i got a letter saying i missed my jury duty?!!??!?!

The Emperor
01-02-2007, 02:39 AM
i recieved a letter from the Court in Riverside saying that i failed to appear for jury duty. and it says "REPORT ON 12/06/2006" and i just got this letter over the weekend?!!?

what should i do? dont respond or just reschedule. and does it mean that they sent this letter on the 12/06/2006?

this is my first BTW. and i dont remember receiving a letter saying that i have to go? just a warning that i failed to appear.

Skiracer
01-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Call the court and ask them what your options are about rescheduling and other options. If you totally flake out on jury duty, i believe they can issue you a big phat fine. If you're in LA county, check here: http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/jury/

GokuSSJ4
01-02-2007, 09:13 AM
just call the # provided on the form. I had the same issue, all they did was noted that it wasn't send on time, than provided me with a new date. As long as you don't ignore that you have to call and report for Judy duty is the important part. Just don't ignore it!

j_nizzle
01-03-2007, 08:10 AM
so best plan of action is to call the court? and try to explain yourself?

i rescheduled the first time saying that i will be out of the country and they gave me a date when i was out of the country!

i rescheduled again and they havent sent me anything. just want to know what to do given the possible circumstances.

GokuSSJ4
01-03-2007, 09:28 AM
so best plan of action is to call the court? and try to explain yourself?

i rescheduled the first time saying that i will be out of the country and they gave me a date when i was out of the country!

i rescheduled again and they havent sent me anything. just want to know what to do given the possible circumstances.
call the # provided, choose to re-schedule and make sure you talk to an operator. They have people that re schedule Judy duty all the time but they will give you so many extensions to a certain point. I went through 3 of them, since i missed one by a day (when you have to call the system in order to find out if your group has been called)