PDA

View Full Version : i'm confused about reflashing and resetting ecu

bash
01-04-2007, 11:52 AM
ok so heres my question, i have done quite a few things over the last 3 weeks since i bought my car, and i have NOT reflashed yet.... mod list is...

Drop in filter
megan headers
megan o2 housing,
espelir dp
cat delete
cel elim
rre exhaust
walbro 255
xs fmic

AND I have NOT reflashed yet. I plan on reflashing in a few days ( im not currently driving car )

Question : After reflash how long should I drive the car before taking it to get tuned ? How long does it take the ecu to get adjusted to all the mods ive done ?

leaveit2bevo
01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
uh by reflashing do you mean resetting the ecu? it dosent matter just take it to get tuned.

bash
01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
oh ok. yeh i meant resetting, thats what they say to do whenever you change a mod right?

silvery_eagle
01-04-2007, 11:58 AM
oh ok. yeh i meant resetting, thats what they say to do whenever you change a mod right?

huh... who said that?
this is the first time i've heard about this

bash
01-04-2007, 11:59 AM
idk, arent you suppose to " reflash " whenever you add a mod to your stock setup?

GokuSSJ4
01-04-2007, 12:02 PM
idk, arent you suppose to " reflash " whenever you add a mod to your stock setup?
unless the car runs super lean, you dont have to reflash or tune it but if you want the most potential out of your mods, than that would be a "yes".
an you don't have to reset the ecu for all your mods, but you should get the car tune to optimize your mods.

silvery_eagle
01-04-2007, 12:04 PM
reset means unplug the battery for 2 minutes and plug it back in... that's it

reflash means to edit the fuel map, etc etc settings on your engine control unit with a computer or other tools.

wj4
01-04-2007, 12:05 PM

reflash means to edit the fuel map, etc etc settings on your engine control unit with a computer or other tools.

+1. reflash is not resetting

ernald711
01-04-2007, 05:32 PM
i was wondering if i should get a tune myself... how much power do would he make with that.

leaveit2bevo
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
a lot you should always get tuned

fusionchicken
01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
the OP is mixing up "resetting" the ECU with "reflashing" the ECU

thisxguy
01-04-2007, 06:48 PM
just get your car tuned when you want to pull the true power from all your mods

Terenus
01-04-2007, 07:55 PM
To save money, get all the parts you want and then tune. This way you don't have to tune the car over and over.

MRchnk
01-14-2007, 04:36 AM
To save money, get all the parts you want and then tune. This way you don't have to tune the car over and over.

yeah

Miss Evo8
01-14-2007, 11:22 AM

don't you have to pull one of the fuses out also to clear the ECU?Â* Â*:?

Terenus
01-14-2007, 11:28 AM

don't you have to pull one of the fuses out also to clear the ECU? :?

Fuses usually don't hold power, not sure about the ECU since it's so huge.

Miss Evo8
01-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I was shown to clear the Ecu of codes (I know a little different then what hes asking here) you pull up the yellow square fuse thing... and there is a 10amp fuse u pull out for about 10 seconds... makes your ECU clear the codes..gets ride of that pesky SES light.....

Terenus
01-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Uh, if you're talking about the yellow square that pulls up but not completely out and has 2 10amp fuses, that's the radio and interior lights fuses.

As for pulling the ECU fuse, it works the same way as disconnecting the battery because once you pull the fuse the connection is is severed.

Miss Evo8
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Uh, if you're talking about the yellow square that pulls up but not completely out and has 2 10amp fuses, that's the radio and interior lights fuses.

As for pulling the ECU fuse, it works the same way as disconnecting the battery because once you pull the fuse the connection is is severed.

Its easier to pull the fuse then disconnect the battery.... John showed me the fuse to pull... its worked everytime...